User Reviews for Dilaudid

Pain
8.5

Summary of Dilaudid reviews 8.5 280 reviews

Reviews for Dilaudid

For Pain "I have disc problems and plates in my neck. I also suffer from severe migraines with loss of the myelin sheath that surrounds the nerve fibers. I have been on morphine and oxicodone but nothing works like dilaudid does. I think it is better than the other two."

aucte pain w/migraine (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

For Pain "I was given dilaudid for pain while in the ER for diverticulitis. Not good as my breathing was suppressed and had to be monitored for days after. I will never get this pain med again."

Pony Tail April 16, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I have tryed everything for my pain I finally was given this medication 4 mg it worked excellent definitely happy being pain free for a change I can resume my normal activities now"

Redcherry1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 31, 2018

For Chronic Pain "I had ankle reconstruction surgery. They gave me 1-2mg every 4 hours and it did absolutely nothing to help with the pain. Sounds like only the IV is the only successful route. I had to ask for stronger meds which did the trick. I wouldn’t bother with such a low dosage. It doesn’t do anything for you."

You need a high dosage (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2018

For Pain "I have a low tolerance for pain and after a outpatient surgical procedure I was prescribed percoset for pain. They didn't help, so the doctor prescribed oxycontin. It work but it made me nauseated. He then prescribed dilaudid. It really helped to ease the pain, I experienced none of the side effects, except constipation. I took it every 4 hours, then as I healed I decreased the does to every 6 hours then I took one only at night. After the pain was gone, I stopped taking the medication and experienced no withdrawal issues."

MariaG2000 January 23, 2018

For Pain "I suffered respiratory depression when given this in the ER for pain after a fall. After that my life for 8 months was lived being criticallly ill with Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) like a nightmare. I am a miracle to be alive still."

Dreamer2015 January 18, 2018

For Chronic Pain "Use caution while driving, when using this medication."

Dokken (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2018

For Pain "I was at work one night and my gallbladder ruptured on me. That was the worst pain I have ever experienced! The pain was so bad that I was drifting in and out of consciousness. Was airlifted to a trauma center and had emergency surgery. They couldn't do it the laparoscopic way because they had to do the surgery in a rush to hurry and get it out. Was given Dilaudid through IV every 4 hours after surgery. Was very helpful! Didn't feel any pain at all because it pretty much knocked me out."

TyAustin (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2017

For Pain "I had a spinal interbody fusion and dilaudid barely touched the pain at all. they had to give me muscle relaxer, nerve pill, and 10 mg oxycodone top go with the Dilaudid. and after all that I still hurt."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

For Chronic Pain "Had a motorcycle accident in 2013 and broke 3 vertebrae, 6 ribs and my pelvis. I was given morphine in the ER, but it wasn't putting even a dent in my pain. I asked if there was anything else they could give me and dilaudid was the answer. IV administration quickly relieved my pain. I describe the feeling as melting into the bed in a feeling of euphoria. I was told by hospital staff it was 8 x stronger than morphine. Easy to see how people get addicted. I was disappointed when the nurse told me they were going to start weaning me off after 3-4 days."

frankieboytwo (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

For Pain "Had my gallbladder removed and they gave me morphine which didn't really help much but then I ended up with a bile leak due to complications and they put me on dilaudid and every ounce of pain vanished seconds after it was put into my iv. It made me really sleepy but not nauseous at all. Very addictive but works amazing to relieve extreme pain."

V555 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2017

For Pain "First pill that works for my pain. Cancer patient and before this, just about nothing touched the pain."

Bob22 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2017

For Pain "Worked very well for me and also removed agitation. I have to believe this drug is very addictive. Had two doses at the hospital."

Sarashm August 24, 2017

For Pain "Was given 1 unit every 6 hours in ICU after a fempop bypass. Effect was literally in seconds after injection. Pain was gone. But my heart rate and BP dropped to the point I had to undergo cardiac monitoring. They thought it had triggered s heart attack."

Khramos (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

For Pain "Last week I had an old fashioned way of Gallblabber removal (20+ previous surgeries had left behind to many adhesions for a Laproscopic removal). The .5 mg Dilaudid I was given was much better than the Morphine in past surgeries. Issue: because I am a middle class lady with insurance seeing a pain management specialist for chronic pain - I was labeled a druggie!! I was given .5 to 1 mg for my ride home. I suffered horribly in pain. .5 is 1/8 the normal dose for most coming out of surgery. My previous physician (decades) had retired. He believed NO patient should suffer unnecessarily after surgery! Not these physicians and not this poor excuse for a hospital."

OSUmedCenterTulsa (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

For Pain "Dilaudid is an amazing pain reliever, but I do not recommend it if you have no self control. It is very easy to get addicted to. I have had dilaudid several times after operations. I also suffer horrible migraines and sometimes dilaudid is the only thing that will knock them out. There are also times that dilaudid makes it worse such as rebound migraines. It doesn't always help. The bad thing about dilaudid is that it does cause me to have bad acid reflux and also makes me extremely nauseous. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are in a tremendous amount of pain. It is very strong. Whenever they give it to you in an IV your whole body tingles and heats up. Its a very strange feeling. Like I said stay away from it unless you're in terrible pain"

CDG4 July 9, 2017

For Pain "Post surgical pain. Have had chronic pain but have just had knee revision. It did not do much for the pain. Dose was 2 mg."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2017

For Pain "Had 2000 pound cart run over my right foot !!! Hospital gave me a shot of Dilaudid and it really helped with the pain."

Kipper1204 May 31, 2017

For Pain "I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia which has spread to my brain. This medication helps so much with the agonizing pain. However, even though I am a terminal cancer patient. The Government, Insurance Co. and also pain management promised I would NOT suffer. But I am. Thanks to all, plus the persons involved by ABUSING pain medications. I, a dying cancer patient will suffer without ANY pain meds. I was a former medical student high honors on the Deans list. Due to the Government, I, a future Physician will not live to treat patients with respect, dignity, empathy or sympathy. This medication, I will never have again. Due to the Horrible pain 24/7, I have had 3 heart attacks. My feeble weak body can no longer tolerate pain. It worked well."

Virg78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

For Pain "I have had this twice, both times it made me mildly nauseous and did nothing for the pain. The first time was when I made a trip to the emergency room for a migraine. It was a terrible migraine. After about 15 minutes of me screaming and wailing in the emergency room it started to wane. It was very mild by the time the doctor came in to talk to me. But he still gave me an injection of dilaudid. And even for the mild headache it didn't help at all. Second time was after hysterectomy. I had excruciating pain from trapped gas under my ribs near my liver. Nurses kept telling me to press my pain med dispensing button, and I was already. But it wasn't even taking the edge off."

terriergal May 23, 2017

For Chronic Pain "I was experiencing pain in my hips like never before Because I had no insurance finding any relief meant a trip to ER. Finally I was approved for medicatation. After waiting longer than I should of for care, I saw a doctor that said I have aseptic necrosis. What is this? It is interruption of blood supply. Without blood, the bone tissue dies and the bone collapses. Treatment is total hip replacement. I have had my right done. It was collapsed. Very painful! Now waiting on my left. That is not the end. My shoulders need replacement. I was prescribed 60 mg Hysingla ER (hydrocodone bitartate) . It was not for me. My doctor finally decided on dilaudid 4 mg. Thank god! Thinking he needs to up my dose. Much better now!"

littletoughgal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2017

For Chronic Pain "I have metastatic breast cancer. I found IV dilauded, self-administered thru my port to be the most effective pain management strategies I have had thus far. My doc and palliative care nurse are encouraging me to shift to using a pain pump for more continuous pain control and decrease side effects from varying levels of dilauded. I can see how dependency could be an issue. I'm not personally concerned because I have a terminal condition, however, especially because it does give me a feeling of well being and pain reduction is immediate that could be a problem for those with chronic pain."

Nece April 10, 2017

For Pain "Dilaudid caused my back muscle to cramp up along my ribs and in front of my chest...worst pain! ER gave me ativan and my back loosened. It was given to me for acute pain lower left abdomen."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

For Pain "I had broken my heel in 3 places and fractured my ankle. I was given morphine for the intense pain but morphine didn't last long. I finally received dilaudid through an IV which made all the difference in the world! Dilaudid for me took away the horrible pain and made me sleep a lot. Spent 5 days in the hospital and don't remember much."

Terry95 April 7, 2017

For Pain "I suffer from chronic intractable migraines and fibromyalgia, and have a recent history of strokes. I'm a long term pain management patient and my normal pain meds are OxyContin 15mg twice a day, with Oxy IR 15mg every four hours. Three weeks ago, I tripped in a parking lot and fractured my shoulder. Because of my normal meds, my orthopedist put me on 4mg Dilaudid (tablets) every 4 hours (in place of the Oxy IR) because of the extreme pain of the fracture. I have to say that I was surprised that it did not work at all. It did, however, make me violently ill with near constant vomiting and diarrhea. I have had dilaudid via IV many times, and never experienced these symptoms, and they resolved as soon as I stopped the oral dilaudid tablet."

Karen R (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017