User Reviews for Dilaudid

Pain 8.3
Summary of Dilaudid reviews 8.4 296 reviews

Reviews for Dilaudid

Always In Pain · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

For Pain: “I had surgery for gallbladder removal. In hospital, given 2mg IM of Dilaudid every 8 hours for pain. Dose was too high, but, too far apart. I would have about 4 hours of pain relief, but, be REALLY out of it (uncomfortably so), and, 4+ hours of no pain relief. When I was switched to oral, 1 mg/4H was ineffective, as was 2mg/4h. Orally I needed 6 mg initial dose , and, 2 every hour to maintain pain relief (minimum effective dose, did not fully remove pain). As IM dose I would probably rate an 8 As an Oral: 1. Oral update is not very good.”

Btrans May 3, 2020

For Pain: “I have had kidney stones since I was 16. I’m 43. Toridol only works when a stronger drug is presented with it. I have had over 350 kidney stones, over 53 lithotripsy’s & 6 kidney stents. Toridol & morphine work, but not that great, I break out from the morphine, however toridol & Dilaudid literally Knick the pain out, 1 dosage of 4mg thru the IV, and then that’s it, lasts for hours! The pill form, actually takes longer obviously but lasts long. I don’t and typically refuse Dilaudid bc it’s an addictive drug, but when I have major pain, I’ll take it, one of the strongest drugs for pain. Unfortunately I have a a genetic form of stones so I will always have it! Just make sure when you take it you are lying down. I give 10 ⭐️”

Dck · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

For Pain: “Had oosteomyelitis, was administered dilaudid in the ER worked amazingly, was the only dose I ever got but boy that stuff worked...”

Endometriosisgal88 February 22, 2020

For Pain: “I've had morphine, toradol and dilaudid through IV for pain relief And a very high tolerance for pain. Toradol does absolutely nothing for my pain. If I thought that an 800mg ibuprofen could stop or help the pain I wouldn't be in the emergency dept spending $200.00 copay seeking pain relief. They then switch me to morphine and zofran which immediately makes my stomach gurgle and gives me a head rush and then within ten minutes I'm back in pain. However when using dilaudid. I've noticed that I am out of intolerable pain and I'm ok not nauseous and I can function better. And the analgesic effect lasts three times as long for me so I don't keep bothering them telling them I'm still in pain. I wish drs would actually listen to their patients instead of just being dismissive... I'm aware that I'm there a lot it's a chronic condition that theres no cure for.”

Zoei · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2020

For Chronic Pain: “I have been given Dilaudid for sciatic nerve pain and took only .05 mg at 6pm and it is now 4:30 am and have not been able to fall asleep, if you. Cannot sleep so I put up with pain and ditched this pill. I felt like I was on a slow high, omg what a horrible feeling”

Mar Man January 13, 2020

For Pain: “I went into ER with really high blood pressure. My head was exploding. They gave this drug in my IV. I fell asleep for 6 hrs. Woke up and could not talk or walk. I also developed uncontrollable bowels for several months. It has been horrendous. It has subsided but I still suffer from this daily. I don't take trips too far from home. This is a dangerous drug.”

Davy Jones · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2020

For Pain: “I have bad pain from Spinal stenosis-severe. I had been up to 50 mcg Fentanyl Patches and you never know how much is really in your system. I live way down south and the hot weather made Dilaudid an obvious choice.”

The Bus · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 21, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “Best pain relief around for my severe and disabling peripheral neuropathy. Injections work best because most pills lose almost half of their potency in the GI tract. Relief is rapid, decreases my pain level from my usual 8 to 4 and lasts several hours. Anti-convulsive medications like Gabapentin do absolutely nothing in my case, while Dilaudid absolutely improves my quality of life as a 10-year chronic pain patient.”

Kracker55 December 21, 2019

For Pain: “Have been on 7.5 Percocet for years for my AS and herniated disc’s. Got a kidney stone this week and ER asked if I wanted pain meds IV or injection I took injection. I had zero idea what they gave me but I was amazed when it worked way better than my Percocet. I have struggled for years trying to get through a month on my script of 5 a day. No Extended extended release meds seem to help. When I got home I saw they gave me Dilaudid 1mg. I got excited because I thought this medication is a level below Percocet but found out 1mg of Dilaudid is equal to 3.33 Percocet. It really burns me up that pain management feels one size fits all. I never digested oral medication well example is I take testosterone injections because my body absorbed 0 of the patch and gel. It’s obvious I do best on injections. I will lobby my PM Dr but am sure that will be considered a no no”

Gmom · Taken for 10 years or more November 12, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “Dilaudid is short acting for pain and after awhile it didn’t work. I was screaming in pain due to have surgery on my back and stomach at the same time. My morphine pump needs to be changed. I’ve been on morphine for 11 years”

Rhino · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2019

For Pain: “I was administered Dilaudid following spiral fractures of my tibia and fibula. It literally took my breath away with how strong and sudden the effects were, and looking back I can see why this has the potential for abuse and why pain seekers go to the ER and try to score this. Additionally, I definitely recommend Zofran paired with it, because one of the times I was administered it they left off the Zofran and I became extremely nauseous.”

Ash · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

For Pain: “I’m a cancer patient with severe back pain. At some point the pills stopped helping me ( maybe after 2-3 days especially after my second chemo and lack of calcium in my bones). However IV is still working l. I did several attempts in the last 3 days to move to pills but unsuccessful. I need to find a way to control the back pain before I discharge otherwise I will be in ER again.”

Bobsmate · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “I was 70 years old and I was getting ready for work! I was going to the door and all of a sudden I was going down! Since I had a Total Knee replacement I turned my body around! Stupid thing for me to do! I broke my back! Then I fell on the floor and broke it again! I have had 2 major surgeries on my back! I have been in major pain for over 10 years! I live on Dilauded and morphine (not at the same time) I go to a pain clinic for my medication! I don’t know what I would do with out pain medications!”

imchipper February 5, 2019

For Cough: “I take Dilaudid for severe chronic migraines, for which it is a godsend. I have now developed acute bronchitis (I assume), related to a recent chest cold. The Dilaudid has really calmed my incessant hacking, and also helps any accompanying headache. I'm also taking ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and antihistamines regularly, which seems to help. I guess time is the only real cure — ugh!”

dj · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2019

For Pain: “The IV reduced my back pain the oral medication did not work at all.”

Veganman · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 18, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “Dilaudid is just delicious! I suffer from severe Spinal Stenosis and often times the pain is unbearable. When necessary, I enter the E.R. and explain my condition. An understanding doctor will prescribe this drug, I.M. and I will soon then begin to feel immediate pain relief.”

aucte pain w/migraine · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2018

For Pain: “I have disc problems and plates in my neck. I also suffer from severe migraines with loss of the myelin sheath that surrounds the nerve fibers. I have been on morphine and oxicodone but nothing works like dilaudid does. I think it is better than the other two.”

Pony Tail April 16, 2018

For Pain: “I was given dilaudid for pain while in the ER for diverticulitis. Not good as my breathing was suppressed and had to be monitored for days after. I will never get this pain med again.”

Redcherry1 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 31, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “I have tryed everything for my pain I finally was given this medication 4 mg it worked excellent definitely happy being pain free for a change I can resume my normal activities now”

You need a high dosage · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “I had ankle reconstruction surgery. They gave me 1-2mg every 4 hours and it did absolutely nothing to help with the pain. Sounds like only the IV is the only successful route. I had to ask for stronger meds which did the trick. I wouldn’t bother with such a low dosage. It doesn’t do anything for you.”

MariaG2000 January 23, 2018

For Pain: “I have a low tolerance for pain and after a outpatient surgical procedure I was prescribed percoset for pain. They didn't help, so the doctor prescribed oxycontin. It work but it made me nauseated. He then prescribed dilaudid. It really helped to ease the pain, I experienced none of the side effects, except constipation. I took it every 4 hours, then as I healed I decreased the does to every 6 hours then I took one only at night. After the pain was gone, I stopped taking the medication and experienced no withdrawal issues.”

Dreamer2015 January 18, 2018

For Pain: “I suffered respiratory depression when given this in the ER for pain after a fall. After that my life for 8 months was lived being criticallly ill with Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) like a nightmare. I am a miracle to be alive still.”

Dokken · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2018

For Chronic Pain: “Use caution while driving, when using this medication.”

TyAustin · Taken for less than 1 month November 22, 2017

For Pain: “I was at work one night and my gallbladder ruptured on me. That was the worst pain I have ever experienced! The pain was so bad that I was drifting in and out of consciousness. Was airlifted to a trauma center and had emergency surgery. They couldn't do it the laparoscopic way because they had to do the surgery in a rush to hurry and get it out. Was given Dilaudid through IV every 4 hours after surgery. Was very helpful! Didn't feel any pain at all because it pretty much knocked me out.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2017

For Pain: “I had a spinal interbody fusion and dilaudid barely touched the pain at all. they had to give me muscle relaxer, nerve pill, and 10 mg oxycodone top go with the Dilaudid. and after all that I still hurt.”