User Reviews for Dilaudid (Page 6)

Learn more about Dilaudid.

Cough 1 reviews 787 medications

9.5
Chronic Pain 44 reviews 112 medications

8.7
Pain 203 reviews 1101 medications

8.6
Summary of Dilaudid reviews 248 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Dilaudid

For Pain "I've been on Dilaudid for 15 years for back injury and illness called Wegner's granulomatosus. Started out at 2mg and over the years I'm now at 4mg's 4 times a day. It is a great pain reliever. I am able to function normally as anyone else without any side affects. "

Rob'o November 25, 2011

For Pain "I was recently diagnosed with silent migraines. 10 minutes after a light stimulant EEG... I was walking into walls and felt drunk but without the fun part. I was told not to go to the ER. I called my PCP and finally he said to go after the "silence" of the migraine turned very ugly and painful. After being administered Valium, Zofran, and Vicodin... nothing. Finally, Dilaudid was administered along with Phenergan. I was out of my make-shift mask, turned the lights back on, and tolerated noise within an hour. I was out of bed and ready to leave. I went in thinking I was having an aneurysm and left a completely different person! Highly recommend for severe migraines."

TXicesk8erchick76 November 20, 2011

For Pain "This medicine works well alone, but very effective taken with Roxy 30's. I take 8mg twice a day and it allows me to lead a fairly normal life with severe degenerative and ruptured discs. Without these medicines I would be a cripple. The Mobic helps with the swelling from my arthritis and scoliosis. It is hard to find a doctor that understands but once you do it makes things easier. "

Anonymous November 10, 2011

For Pain "I had surgery for a colon resection. I can't take Hydrocodone because it upsets my stomach, gives me headaches, nausea and constipation. The morphine (patient administered pump) didn't work for me at all, but Dilaudid worked wonderfully, 2 mg every 6 hours. I had no unpleasant side effects, which is very unusual for me with any medicine. I had no withdrawal problems when I left the hospital. If I ever have surgery again, I'm going to request Dilaudid. It gave me great relief and let me rest and heal!"

JuliaYL November 2, 2011

For Pain "After a major car accident two years ago, subsequent shoulder reconstruction surgeries and months of physical therapy, I am left with painful nerve damage in my shoulder. I tried many medicines intended for other uses but found to alleviate pain from nerve damage. But, they all made me ill. I also took hydrocodone until it started making me ill. A month ago, my doctor switched me to hydromorphone 2 mg, and it helped a little. When he upped my dosage to 4 mg every 4-6 hours, the relief was much greater and I've had no major side effects. It's not a medicine that I want to take for the rest of my life, but it is certainly helping now. I would say it relieves about 75% of the pain. I would recommend trying it if other medicines have failed you."

BKB November 1, 2011

For Pain "After surgery, I was given Dilaudid IV. I had never taken this pain medication before and it was the worst experience in the recovery room. It did not stop my pain and I had several severe side effects from it. I was in recovery for 7 hours until we demanded a different pain medication to manage my pain. I'm glad for everyone this medication does help, but for those out there like me, whom it does not work on, take my advise; If you start to have side effects and the pain is not going away, you need to switch to another pain alternative that works with your system. What should have been a 2 hour recovery lasted way too long. "

Anonymous October 27, 2011

For Pain "Love it. I had 2mg for pancreatitis in the hospital. I hear the pills are good for severe pain, I have never had the pill though. It can make you sick on your stomach though."

Anonymous October 15, 2011

For Pain "I have been suffering with abominable head/back pain (pain lasting around the clock for up to 4-5 days straight) as well as abdominal pains with constant vomiting and no ability to lead a normal life including having to take a leave of absence from my job. In '11 alone I was hospitalized 4 times 4 months in a row. One stay I was vomiting blood and passing it in my stool. In the ER Dilaudid IV gave me relief. Was given it every 2 hours. Zofran and Dilaudid helped at home too. My doctor put me on Vicodin inlieu of Dilaudid saying the latter was habit forming. Since then no relief of pains. Dilaudid 4mg helped great. Miracle medicine."

Fox Chapel Guy, PA October 13, 2011

For Pain "I read a lot of comments on hydromorphone and thought it would help me greatly with my chronic back pain. So I was shocked when I got the 2mg script and got no relief in pain whatsoever even after taking 6mg. "

Anonymous October 3, 2011

For Pain "I was giving Dilaudid in IV form after having an emergency laparoscopic cholecystectomy. It was amazing! As soon as it was injected into the IV site I was no longer in pain and was able to sleep. I would have been nice if they had discharged me from the hospital with a prescription of Dilaudid rather than Vicodin."

Anonymous September 13, 2011

For Pain "I received a really nasty sulphuric acid burn from a car battery at work. They gave me a shot of morphine and proceeded to scrape the burn skin off my arm. They had to stop when I started screaming. Then I got the i.v. Dilaudid and instantly couldn't feel it anymore. They prescribed me the 4 ml and was able to clean it ... without me crying."

Anonymous September 2, 2011

For Pain "This medication really helps with my pain. I have been through a lot and nothing works. I took Dilaudid and it really helped."

get rid of it August 31, 2011

For Pain "Worked very well for me after abdominal surgery. It was given to me through a pain pump, it was great because I could sleep and rest."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

For Pain "I had a negative reaction to Dilaudid after a surgical procedure. It made me itch horribly and my mouth broke out on the inside. I had to stop taking it after two days when the palms of my hands and bottom of my feet were itching like crazy. I was then prescribed Ultram which made me so nauseous I had to go to bed. I finally just quit the pain medicines after four days and coasted along with ibuprofen until I was over the surgery completely."

Allergy Queen July 8, 2011

For Pain "I am 22 and have a disease called Addison's Disease. It's an adrenal insufficiency and due to this I have chronic pain in my muscles and joints and constant stomach ache when I go into an Addisonian Crisis. My pain gets ten times worse, my doctor gives me 2 mg I.V. Dilaudid whenever this happens and it works wonders. It helps me sleep through the pain also. It is an AMAZING medication."

Bryn-Bryn July 7, 2011

For Pain "After being on various hydrocodone, oxycodone, and morphine drugs for a couple of years with no pain relief I was prescribed Dilaudid (hydromorphone). I was amazed at how well it worked to eliminate 100% of my back pain. HOWEVER, I quickly built up a tolerance to it and within a year I went from being prescribed 2mg 3x/day to 8mg 3x/day (very few pharmacies even have 8mg Dilaudid). "

Anonymous June 4, 2011

For Pain "I just had emergency gallbladder removal surgery. When I woke up from general anesthesia I was given a Dilaudid i.v. The pain was still there. I begged and begged for a higher dose but was not given one. Throughout the night and next day the moment the Dilaudid was injected in the i.v I would vomit. I had to keep my eyes closed for most of the morning. Even with anti-nausea injections the Dilaudid had me vomiting. In regards to the pain it lasted only about 2 hours and then the pain was back. I had them stop administering it to me."

vmedina April 17, 2011

For Pain "Worked fast ..took my pain away instantly. "

JessiDeeMcknight April 10, 2011

For Pain "I was in the E.R. for pain associated with condition causing kidney stone {1 in each kidney}. I am severely allergic to all anti-emetic drugs (anti nausea/vomiting drugs) but I required a potent pain killer. I was given Dilaudid by i.v. having never been on anything stronger than Percocet pills the doctors were afraid that I'd become very nauseous and vomit profusely and unable to be treated for nausea. To my relief it did the trick! I only vomited once, was prescribed hydromorphone 2mg. NO SIDE EFFECTS! I was to sick to see the beauty in everyday life, until now!"

very appreciative March 21, 2011

For Pain "I was given this for relief from a severe migraine in the ER, and it was a lifesaver. I was pain free after the second dose."

Anonymous March 11, 2011

For Pain "I've had to have 2 injections of Dilaudid for migraines. After each one, I started having severe knee pain and have no idea what the connection might be. It often radiates up into my hip."

Anonymous March 7, 2011

For Pain "Relieved back pain almost instantly when used IV form, awesome! But very little effect when taken orally."

d man 4040 March 3, 2011

For Pain "I am 27 and have degenerative disc disease and a bulging disc at L4-5. I have been suffering from life stopping pain for about 3 years. Been through two rounds of Physical Therapy and 6 injections. Like many other people, I have been through a lot of different pain medicines and have developed a tolerance. Dilaudid has really helped me function in my daily life. Without it there were days I could barely get out of bed. I've been taking Dilaudid for about 8 months now and am up to 4mg up to 3 times a day. And, like other people have said, it does work quickly. The only con I have is that it doesn't last long. I feel like it wears off in about 2-3 hours. "

Anonymous February 26, 2011

For Pain "Best medicine for kidney stones. I used to pass 2 a month and this was the only pain medicine that worked. Morphine to me was like taking aspirin. But this medication did the trick knocking the pain out by 80%."

stone maker February 10, 2011

For Pain "Great medicine for pain."

Anonymous February 9, 2011