User Reviews for Dilaudid (Page 6)

Learn more about Dilaudid.

Cough 1 reviews 786 medications

9.5
Pain 197 reviews 1092 medications

8.7
Chronic Pain 41 reviews 111 medications

8.7
Summary of Dilaudid reviews 239 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Dilaudid

For Pain "I was giving Dilaudid in IV form after having an emergency laparoscopic cholecystectomy. It was amazing! As soon as it was injected into the IV site I was no longer in pain and was able to sleep. I would have been nice if they had discharged me from the hospital with a prescription of Dilaudid rather than Vicodin."

Anonymous September 13, 2011

For Pain "I received a really nasty sulphuric acid burn from a car battery at work. They gave me a shot of morphine and proceeded to scrape the burn skin off my arm. They had to stop when I started screaming. Then I got the i.v. Dilaudid and instantly couldn't feel it anymore. They prescribed me the 4 ml and was able to clean it ... without me crying."

Anonymous September 2, 2011

For Pain "This medication really helps with my pain. I have been through a lot and nothing works. I took Dilaudid and it really helped."

get rid of it August 31, 2011

For Pain "Worked very well for me after abdominal surgery. It was given to me through a pain pump, it was great because I could sleep and rest."

Anonymous August 3, 2011

For Pain "I had a negative reaction to Dilaudid after a surgical procedure. It made me itch horribly and my mouth broke out on the inside. I had to stop taking it after two days when the palms of my hands and bottom of my feet were itching like crazy. I was then prescribed Ultram which made me so nauseous I had to go to bed. I finally just quit the pain medicines after four days and coasted along with ibuprofen until I was over the surgery completely."

Allergy Queen July 8, 2011

For Pain "I am 22 and have a disease called Addison's Disease. It's an adrenal insufficiency and due to this I have chronic pain in my muscles and joints and constant stomach ache when I go into an Addisonian Crisis. My pain gets ten times worse, my doctor gives me 2 mg I.V. Dilaudid whenever this happens and it works wonders. It helps me sleep through the pain also. It is an AMAZING medication."

Bryn-Bryn July 7, 2011

For Pain "After being on various hydrocodone, oxycodone, and morphine drugs for a couple of years with no pain relief I was prescribed Dilaudid (hydromorphone). I was amazed at how well it worked to eliminate 100% of my back pain. HOWEVER, I quickly built up a tolerance to it and within a year I went from being prescribed 2mg 3x/day to 8mg 3x/day (very few pharmacies even have 8mg Dilaudid). "

Anonymous June 4, 2011

For Pain "I just had emergency gallbladder removal surgery. When I woke up from general anesthesia I was given a Dilaudid i.v. The pain was still there. I begged and begged for a higher dose but was not given one. Throughout the night and next day the moment the Dilaudid was injected in the i.v I would vomit. I had to keep my eyes closed for most of the morning. Even with anti-nausea injections the Dilaudid had me vomiting. In regards to the pain it lasted only about 2 hours and then the pain was back. I had them stop administering it to me."

vmedina April 17, 2011

For Pain "Worked fast ..took my pain away instantly. "

JessiDeeMcknight April 10, 2011

For Pain "I was in the E.R. for pain associated with condition causing kidney stone {1 in each kidney}. I am severely allergic to all anti-emetic drugs (anti nausea/vomiting drugs) but I required a potent pain killer. I was given Dilaudid by i.v. having never been on anything stronger than Percocet pills the doctors were afraid that I'd become very nauseous and vomit profusely and unable to be treated for nausea. To my relief it did the trick! I only vomited once, was prescribed hydromorphone 2mg. NO SIDE EFFECTS! I was to sick to see the beauty in everyday life, until now!"

very appreciative March 21, 2011

For Pain "I was given this for relief from a severe migraine in the ER, and it was a lifesaver. I was pain free after the second dose."

Anonymous March 11, 2011

For Pain "I've had to have 2 injections of Dilaudid for migraines. After each one, I started having severe knee pain and have no idea what the connection might be. It often radiates up into my hip."

Anonymous March 7, 2011

For Pain "Relieved back pain almost instantly when used IV form, awesome! But very little effect when taken orally."

d man 4040 March 3, 2011

For Pain "I am 27 and have degenerative disc disease and a bulging disc at L4-5. I have been suffering from life stopping pain for about 3 years. Been through two rounds of Physical Therapy and 6 injections. Like many other people, I have been through a lot of different pain medicines and have developed a tolerance. Dilaudid has really helped me function in my daily life. Without it there were days I could barely get out of bed. I've been taking Dilaudid for about 8 months now and am up to 4mg up to 3 times a day. And, like other people have said, it does work quickly. The only con I have is that it doesn't last long. I feel like it wears off in about 2-3 hours. "

Anonymous February 26, 2011

For Pain "Best medicine for kidney stones. I used to pass 2 a month and this was the only pain medicine that worked. Morphine to me was like taking aspirin. But this medication did the trick knocking the pain out by 80%."

stone maker February 10, 2011

For Pain "Great medicine for pain."

Anonymous February 9, 2011

For Pain "I had this in hospital when I broke my arm. It worked awesome. The only negative was the constipation, unable to relieve myself for 4-5 days after."

Anonymous February 3, 2011

For Pain "They gave this to my dad for a severely torn rotator cuff at the hospital and he said it was awesome. Pain relief was immediate."

Anonymous January 25, 2011

For Pain "The one time I got Dilaudid I was in the ER for extreme dehydration and excruciating stomach cramps. They put it into the IV and within a few seconds, the pain melted away completely. It kept the pain away while they re-infused me with fluid. Amazing medicine, no side effects and complete pain relief."

denver74 December 20, 2010

For Pain "This is the best pain reliever I have ever encountered. I have been prescribed opiate painkillers for three years starting with hydrocodone, oxycodone, Demerol, and Dilaudid by far is the best on the market. I have Osteocondritis Dicassen along with Acute Chronic Tendinitis and severely pronated talus bones in both of my ankles. I have finally found a pain management clinic that is willing to work with you and takes opiate tolerance into consideration when prescribing. I just stopped taking 4 x 80mg Oxycontin with the new formulation and switched to Dilaudid 8 mg 4 to 6 times daily. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me. "

Mateo78 December 17, 2010

For Pain "Have been hospitalized for stomach removal going on 3 years dealing with this. Have been on every pain medication known to man and have to say I would take nothing ever again."

Anonymous December 12, 2010

For Pain "Very strong medicine! I was in the hospital after emergency spine surgery and I hardly remember the whole 5 day stay. Kept me comfortable but the hallucinations were horrible!"

Anonymous December 9, 2010

For Pain "Very freaky and delusional side effects. Pain control was adequate but did not overcome the psychotic active side effects. Effects lasted for 1 week after hospital use and flashbacks occurred for weeks after."

Diluded December 2, 2010

For Pain "I had surgery a little over a week ago, they removed my gall bladder due to severe stones and infection. I received Dilaudid through iv while in the hospital. It really did work, didn't take all the pain away but most of it. "

GG2288 November 16, 2010

For Pain "In the hospital in excruciating pain with ulcerative colitis, plus I'd just had shoulder surgery. Morphine and codeine make me sick, but Dilaudid was a miracle. My pain went from a 10 to 0 in minutes! I slept well, and never got nauseated. Doctors are reluctant to prescribe it, probably because it's so powerful. It really works."

Ann Arbor Jo November 7, 2010