Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief. Can I give a small dose of this medicine to my child?
I don't have any other cough syrup in the house and want to know if my 5 1/2 year old (she weighs 40 lbs) can take a 1/2 or 1/4 teaspoon of this medication?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 15, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Yes, that's fine for a dry annoying cough. It would not be recommended for a productive cough. The recommended dose is : "children 4 to under 6 years of age 2.5 mL every 12 hours, not to exceed 5 mL in 24 hours"
Related Medical Questions
- Dextromethorphan - can you give TusQ Dx to a child and what is the dose?
- What is the difference between Mucinex D and Mucinex DM?
- How much and how often can an adult take Coricicin HBP Cough and Cold?
- If I'm on fluoxetine, what can I take for a bad cough associated with a cold or strep throat?
- Bromfed DM - can this be purchased without a prescription?
- How much is 10 mL in teaspoons or tablespoons?
- What antibiotics are used to treat bronchitis?