User Reviews for Delsym

Cough 105 reviews 792 medications

3.5
Summary of Delsym reviews 105 reviews 3.5

Reviews for Delsym

For Cough "Have a sinus infection which causes a pretty bad cough... got tired of it and reached for Delsym (I bought it a month earlier for my son's bad cough and it worked for him)... took it at 3pm today and by 5pm I had the runs!!! Cough was gone, but it made me go! I don't have IBS or any digestive issues so it seems to be affiliated with this medicine... up to you if it's worth it... for me it was that's how bad my cough was."

Sinusbutdeadly (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "Delsym Cough (Orange Flavored) has really worked on my cough. I did have a pretty good headache but I took Ibuprofen for that. I have not experience any stomach problems other than nausea when I woke up this morning and I threw up. I was able to go to work today."

Amymm September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "Have a little bit of a lingering cough from a cold. Not giving me much trouble except keeps me up at night. I heard this was good so I took so I could get some sleep. Helped tremendously with the cough but then I was having bad stomach cramps and diarrhea. I hadn't eaten anything that should have upset my stomach and it didn't really feel like a "bug" so I looked up side effects for Delsym. Now I wish I had done that first because I probably wouldn't have taken it. So, while it worked for my cough I still didn't get any sleep due to the stomach issues."

ashleyfus08 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "I've used this product before with no problems. However, I took a dose at 6AM this morning because of a nagging cough and have been extremely sick ever since. Horrible diarrhea, dizziness and nausea. Sitting in bed with a trash can next to me wishing that I would just throw up so I'd feel better. I hope this doesn't last 12 hours. I'm getting to old to waste a day in bed."

KaPa July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "Delsym worked well for my nighttime coughing spells. Maybe not for 4 hours, probably 3 hours. Taste is not horrible. Hives in the morning will prevent me from using again though."

pmr6712 (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "DO NOT TRY IT. I know some of you have had good experiences and some have had bad ones. There as been more bad ones then there are good I know that much. I took this medicine for my dry cough that I was having, I felt fine for a little while, went to sleep. And then about an hour after going to sleep I woke up in a full blown panic attack. I felt like I was going to black out, I kept having hot flashes, and severe stomach pain. The feeling of throwing up was pretty bad too, but it never happened. I was shaking and almost went to the hospital."

skye101 July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "IBS? DO NOT TAKE should be the warning on this label. 6 hours after you take it. Cramps...diarrhea...nausea. Not worth it!"

Godsgirl614ever (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "I found this page and everything clicked just two days too late. While my cough went away, the first night I woken up with severe cramping and the worst diarrhea of my life and was unable to hold food down for 12 hours. Then I took the medicine the next night and woke up to constant severe cramping to the point of skipping all my meals and popping pepto until the 12 hour mark when I was able to hold down a bagel. Thank god I searched this tonight because I was about to take it again!! It is not expired but rather a painful fast track to a cleanse. Never touching again."

Manda_A April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "This cough syrup should be advertised as a colon cleanse. Fast acting! Holy moly. Within 10 minutes the diarrhea hit me like a freight train. I didn't know I had all that in me. The diarrhea was a great distraction from my sore throat. I didn't think the diarrhea was from the Delsum at first. I put two and two together when every 12 hours I took a dose it was followed by the violent emptying of my being. I did feel immediately better after the trips to the bathroom."

Annap88 April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "This did stop my cough all night after suffering from a terrible cough for 5 days but I have severe watery diarrhea a short time after taking it. My husband had the same cough and it stopped his cough, too, luckily he did not get diarrhea. The grape flavor tasted pretty good. Imodium stopped my diarrhea with 2 doses. I will save the rest of bottle for him but not for me."

City girl March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "I took this medicine around midnight last night after being tired of trying to hold back a cough and it worked pretty quickly...I also had hot water with lemon and honey so that probably helped too. However, around 5:00am I woke up with severe cramping and diarrhea. I spent two hours running back and forth to the bathroom. I also experienced nausea and dizziness. But hey it got rid of my cough...not worth it."

Anonymous March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "Waste of money No relief at all"

Karen1968 March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "After having a nasty cold/cough for 5 days I had to do something, I was getting tired of sleeping in a recliner so I decided to give Delsym a try. Now it did help with the dry cough, I was still woken up to the gasping painful coughs but it was better than being awake almost all night long. I do have ibs-d and Delsym made me be in the bathroom most of the morning and it gave me the hang over headache. So Yes it did stop most of my coughing but who wants to spend the next day in the bathroom bent over in pain from cough syrup."

MartineL (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "Worked great for day and night time relief! Went from a wicked dry cough to hours of cough-free rest. Its awesome and very effective."

Megan's cough March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "The worst waste of money, with no relief at all!"

Hacking (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "A lot of negative reviews here. I find Delsym to be very effective treating my cough. No symptoms of diarrhea at all. Of course I don't take it on an empty stomach. Anyway, pretty good stuff in my opinion."

Franko719 March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "I took this for a dry cough. It did make my cough go away. Which was great....but the next day did experience diarrhea. That is what brought me to this review page."

Andipandi13 March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "About an hour after taking the recommended dose for a bad cough, I had massive watery diarrhea. Cough seems to be gone though."

Jay8788 March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "Took 5 hours ago. Still coughing. Now I am pooping as well. Came to read reviews because I don't think I could have eaten anything else to cause diarrhea. I'm hoping I don't have 8 hours of stomach issues but it's not looking good. Maybe it doesn't happen to everyone but user beware!"

Rachel7 March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "My son's cough is WORSE after taking this. Not suppressing at all."

JM1825 March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "First off, it tasted awful. Secondly, I thought I was dying on my bathroom floor an hour after taking it. It gave me chills, extreme nausea, diarrhea and dizziness. Double checked the expiration date to see if that had something to do with it, nope. My cough is calm but it's not worth fighting nausea and dizziness four hours later. I will never take this medicine again."

kyraaaaaa February 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "This stuff is useless, in fact I am coughing more and worse after taking it. Thank goodness I only bought a small bottle, since it is kind of expensive for something that does not work at all. Will never take this garbage again."

still coughing February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "Well it stopped my cough...but it also gave me extremely watery diarrhea that had me running to the bathroom every 10-30 minutes for hours and hours. It must have been at least 8 hours before my stomach calmed down. It left me feeling dehydrated and sick, but hey. At least my cough was gone, right?"

Tomjjc February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "I took for a constant, deep barking cough. I worked quickly and well, calming my cough and allowing me to get sleep. However, it makes me incredibly drowsy - way worse then unisom. There was also bit of dizziness. I did not have any gastrointestinal side effects. I will use it again but only at night since it knocks me out"

ClaireA (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough "I bought this for a cough for my bronchitis. It is beyond worthless. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS. I called my doctor for a prescription for Robitussin with Codeine and it was $5.00 cheaper and very effective. (generic-of course)"

mexrph February 5, 2017