User Reviews for Delsym

Cough 56 reviews 784 medications

3.5
Summary of Delsym reviews 56 reviews 3.5

Reviews for Delsym

For Cough "I made the mistake of taking this medicine before going to bed. I woke up in my own excrement. Seriously, this no laughing matter. It was like something out of a Dumb & Dumber movie. I had a raging case of explosive diarrhea. I feel sorry for the poor souls who don't use at least 3-ply toilet paper. Food went right through me like fat people go through twinkles. I would only recommend if you take a lower dosage than the recommended one."

Ray Nicolet (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

For Cough "I took the appropriate dose of Delsym, and 30 minutes later began hallucinating. The following day, I lost all vision and motor control. I took Delsym 3 days ago and am still experiencing side effects."

Unhappy customer (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Cough "Terrible medication. I got diarrhea, stomach pain and nausea. Made me feel worse then how I started."

Anonymous May 3, 2016

For Cough "I took Delsym for a severe cough. It stopped the cough and made me drowsy. I took a nap and when I woke up I could not move! My body was paralyzed. My cognition was impaired. After a undetermined period of time I was able to move and call for help. Very lucky to have been taken to a local VA Hospital where my blood tests indicated my immune system was compromised and my platelet count was 50,000 which they told me if I was in a serious accident I would bleed out. I was told that Delsym was a bad OTC Cough Syrup and would produce serious interactions with other Prescribed Medications. This near death experience can be documented."

fatherjim (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

For Cough "Don't take it! First, it doesn't work. Second, I had stomach pain starting about 15 minutes after I took it. Sick stomach for hours. Then about 5 hours in I started throwing up violently. Delysim is the only thing I had in my stomach."

Rigby68 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Cough "I took the recommended dosage of Delsym and it went in my mouth and set my throat on fire I have never felt pain like that I couldn't sleep at all I sat up all night crying I've never felt pain like that from a cough medicine or so-called cough medicine"

Amber061684 April 7, 2016

For Cough "At the risk of someone thinking I'm the "same person as other posters," I'm Posting my real name. I've had a nagging cough, and chose to try Delsym again, as I've had success in the past with it. I commute 30 miles to work. I got within a mile of my office and coughed.......and pooped all over myself. Yes. Explosive diarrhea in my scrubs! It was awful. I'm sitting in the work parking lot,calling the girls outside since I can't move out of my car! Forward......I'm home but can't get more than twenty minutes away from a toilet. If you take this, trust me, you won't cough, just like it says, for 12 hours. You'll be afraid to. Take something else, please. After all, it has been a terribly shi€€y day for me."

AngelaIsMyRealName (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2016

For Cough "Didn't do anything for my cough, as a matter a fact I was scared to cough because I didn't want to poop my pants!!! 45 minutes after taking this I had explosive diarrhea, my stomach was bubbling I thought I had to pass gas so I attempted to do so to my surprise it wasn't gas but explosive diarrhea it was all over my bed. Stay away from this product unless you want to loose weight!!"

The squirts (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Cough "Cramps, nausea ,diarrhea 24 hours off hell explosive watery discharge do not take."

Puddin boy March 16, 2016

For Cough "Severe stomach pain & dierria"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2016

For Cough "like several other reviewers, I also got the stomach gurgles, then watery diarrhea after taking Delsym "

soops February 18, 2016

For Cough "Bottle impossible to open without vice grip pliers. Diagram on the bottle lid is completely useless. It indicates " 1.push down and 2. turn anticlockwise" but will not open with these manipulations. Possible that I got a bottle from a defective batch in manufacturing (bar code 3 63824 21366 8), made in England, where the QC is much better than in, say, China. Written instructions on the peel to read label would be useful. Also why not add a trivial amount of sucrose such as 1 gram (1/100th of the carbs in one slice of bread) instead of toxic/carcinogenic/laxative EDTA, benzoate, propylene glycol, propyl gallate, sorbitol, sucralose, and beet color instead of FD&C Red #40? The anhydrous citric acid would suffice as a nontoxic preservative."

axxis (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

For Cough "It helps with the cough but gave me uncontrollable diarrhea. I wouldn't recommend this product"

John g ( garza) February 15, 2016

For Cough "Only made a slight difference in coughing. A bag of cough drops is more effective."

Pierre108 February 4, 2016

For Cough "Did not help my cough or sickness at all."

Madi398 January 23, 2016

For Cough "I bought this medicine for my husband and after reading all these reviews I was hesitant to give it to him. His coughing not only kept him up but myself. He did take it after all and believe me he slept through the night and so did I. I can honestly say I am glad I did not listen to these reviews it really worked."

melodia January 22, 2016

For Cough "I wish I had read the reviews before taking this product! Forty five minutes after taking Delsym I had lots of belly gurgling then painful cramps and then immediate violent diarrhea! I got so dizzy & lightheaded while sitting on the toilet I almost passed out. I will never take this product again & will advise all friends & family to avoid it as well. As far as suppressing my cough, I was too afraid to cough for some time after the diarrhea started!!"

Smarter now January 20, 2016

For Cough "This cough medicine was not only ineffective, the grape taste and consistency was awful. Waste of money."

Did not work (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2016

For Cough "Stopped my cough and I was able to sleep. But I was awakened a couple of times during the night with a severe diarrhea accident. I don't think I'll take again for that reason. The diarrhea past in about 12 hours."

ggtexas (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

For Cough "Complete waste of almost $15 I paid for a bottle of this stuff. It made my cough & dry throat even worse so that I got very little sleep. I've taken it for 3 nights, each night with the same result, I wish I would have read reviews beforehand, I definitely would not have bought this."

ajk64 (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

For Cough "Helped the dry cough for sure! But I am currently on the can as I write this. The reviews are spot on (Wish I read them before I took up to 3 doses). I've traded a horrible cough for uncontrollable bowel movements!"

InformedConsumer89 January 6, 2016

For Cough "Worse thing I have ever purchased in my life. Coughing worsens with this and didn't let me sleep all night. Triggers dry throat and cough attacks."

Anonymous January 2, 2016

For Cough "My six year old daughter is an asthmatic and the coughing she does while having a cold/flu tend to trigger it. I wanted to try a cough medicine just for bedtime to help her sleep comfortably without coughing spells. Sure enough Delsym did the trick! I had tried Mucinex and several others for children but felt they only made it worse. Within 35 min. The couching had stopped. I give Delsym an 8 out of 10 because it doesn't last the full 12 hours but close to it. My daughter had no side effects as far as bowel movements, gas, or hives. Just a cured cough"

Melly2437 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2015

For Cough "This medicine is amazing and works better than anything else I tried. It has been a week that I've been sick and can't breath, shortness of breath. I take this and feel all better."

sammijane December 13, 2015

For Cough "I took this well over an hour ago. My cough has not stopped, if anything, it almost feels like the Delsym made it worse."

LaurenELewis December 4, 2015