User Reviews for Delsym

Cough 99 reviews 789 medications

3.5
Summary of Delsym reviews 99 reviews 3.5

Reviews for Delsym

For Cough "IBS? DO NOT TAKE should be the warning on this label. 6 hours after you take it. Cramps...diarrhea...nausea. Not worth it!"

Godsgirl614ever (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I found this page and everything clicked just two days too late. While my cough went away, the first night I woken up with severe cramping and the worst diarrhea of my life and was unable to hold food down for 12 hours. Then I took the medicine the next night and woke up to constant severe cramping to the point of skipping all my meals and popping pepto until the 12 hour mark when I was able to hold down a bagel. Thank god I searched this tonight because I was about to take it again!! It is not expired but rather a painful fast track to a cleanse. Never touching again."

Manda_A April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "This cough syrup should be advertised as a colon cleanse. Fast acting! Holy moly. Within 10 minutes the diarrhea hit me like a freight train. I didn't know I had all that in me. The diarrhea was a great distraction from my sore throat. I didn't think the diarrhea was from the Delsum at first. I put two and two together when every 12 hours I took a dose it was followed by the violent emptying of my being. I did feel immediately better after the trips to the bathroom."

Annap88 April 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "This did stop my cough all night after suffering from a terrible cough for 5 days but I have severe watery diarrhea a short time after taking it. My husband had the same cough and it stopped his cough, too, luckily he did not get diarrhea. The grape flavor tasted pretty good. Imodium stopped my diarrhea with 2 doses. I will save the rest of bottle for him but not for me."

City girl March 31, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I took this medicine around midnight last night after being tired of trying to hold back a cough and it worked pretty quickly...I also had hot water with lemon and honey so that probably helped too. However, around 5:00am I woke up with severe cramping and diarrhea. I spent two hours running back and forth to the bathroom. I also experienced nausea and dizziness. But hey it got rid of my cough...not worth it."

Anonymous March 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "Waste of money No relief at all"

Karen1968 March 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "After having a nasty cold/cough for 5 days I had to do something, I was getting tired of sleeping in a recliner so I decided to give Delsym a try. Now it did help with the dry cough, I was still woken up to the gasping painful coughs but it was better than being awake almost all night long. I do have ibs-d and Delsym made me be in the bathroom most of the morning and it gave me the hang over headache. So Yes it did stop most of my coughing but who wants to spend the next day in the bathroom bent over in pain from cough syrup."

MartineL (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "Worked great for day and night time relief! Went from a wicked dry cough to hours of cough-free rest. Its awesome and very effective."

Megan's cough March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "The worst waste of money, with no relief at all!"

Hacking (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "A lot of negative reviews here. I find Delsym to be very effective treating my cough. No symptoms of diarrhea at all. Of course I don't take it on an empty stomach. Anyway, pretty good stuff in my opinion."

Franko719 March 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I took this for a dry cough. It did make my cough go away. Which was great....but the next day did experience diarrhea. That is what brought me to this review page."

Andipandi13 March 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "About an hour after taking the recommended dose for a bad cough, I had massive watery diarrhea. Cough seems to be gone though."

Jay8788 March 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "Took 5 hours ago. Still coughing. Now I am pooping as well. Came to read reviews because I don't think I could have eaten anything else to cause diarrhea. I'm hoping I don't have 8 hours of stomach issues but it's not looking good. Maybe it doesn't happen to everyone but user beware!"

Rachel7 March 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "My son's cough is WORSE after taking this. Not suppressing at all."

JM1825 March 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "First off, it tasted awful. Secondly, I thought I was dying on my bathroom floor an hour after taking it. It gave me chills, extreme nausea, diarrhea and dizziness. Double checked the expiration date to see if that had something to do with it, nope. My cough is calm but it's not worth fighting nausea and dizziness four hours later. I will never take this medicine again."

kyraaaaaa February 25, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "This stuff is useless, in fact I am coughing more and worse after taking it. Thank goodness I only bought a small bottle, since it is kind of expensive for something that does not work at all. Will never take this garbage again."

still coughing February 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "Well it stopped my cough...but it also gave me extremely watery diarrhea that had me running to the bathroom every 10-30 minutes for hours and hours. It must have been at least 8 hours before my stomach calmed down. It left me feeling dehydrated and sick, but hey. At least my cough was gone, right?"

Tomjjc February 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I took for a constant, deep barking cough. I worked quickly and well, calming my cough and allowing me to get sleep. However, it makes me incredibly drowsy - way worse then unisom. There was also bit of dizziness. I did not have any gastrointestinal side effects. I will use it again but only at night since it knocks me out"

ClaireA (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I bought this for a cough for my bronchitis. It is beyond worthless. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS. I called my doctor for a prescription for Robitussin with Codeine and it was $5.00 cheaper and very effective. (generic-of course)"

mexrph February 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "I went to my pharmacy and I asked the pharmacist what can she recommend for a dry cough she said its Delsym. I tell you you will be drowsy....so I didn't mind at all because its a good thing for me I can sleep. When I took it I was waiting to see if it was effective - to my surprise I keep coughing the whole night as if I didn't take any medications....so if a cough product doesn't work for an adult - you shouldn't recommend it.....waste of money!"

Coughing Lady (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "My 4 year old had major diarrhea after taking this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "Took this medicine at 7:00pm, recommended by the pharmacist, but still I'm coughing like crazy from a cold and sinus problem. Not sure if I want to hold my breath for another 10.5 hours? Hopefully this will help someone else, and I'm going to return this tomorrow."

Gregoryk February 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "It definitely helped my cough but I did have some minor stomach problems with it and I did feel kind of light-headed at times. Not like I was going to be dizzy or pass out but just kind of odd."

Genie50 (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "About 15 minutes after taking exactly the dose indicated, I fainted and cracked my head on the floor resulting in a brain hemorrhage! Several tests were done in the hospital to rule out any other reason for fainting. The only conclusion is that I had a severe reaction to the ingredient in this cough medicine. Be careful!! Read all the reviews BEFORE taking this medicine!"

Brain Injury!! (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough "Polystirex is the slow release formulation is it an edible plastic? thats what irritated most of your bowels...I have ibs and have had no similar side effects which amazes me. For cough eh its ok. No better than hot tea like the other reviewer said...I'll stick with immediate release dmx. Not particularly happy about consuming plastic..."

Debbbbbb January 25, 2017