User Reviews for Delsym

Cough 65 reviews 786 medications

3.5
Summary of Delsym reviews 65 reviews 3.5

Reviews for Delsym

For Cough "you will poo your pants within 1 hr of taking this product"

loljghj (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2016

For Cough "Developed a cold that just wouldn't go away and that turned into a cough. Took Vicks, Mucinex, NyQuill, but nothing controlled the cough well. Decided to try Delsym and while it did control the cough much better than the others, I woke up in the early hours of the morning with extreme diarrhea, awful awful cramping, and sweating to death...I literally sat on the toilet for an hour dry heaving because the pain was so bad. It was terrible. For the next 24hrs my stomach just hurt trying to recover. I only thought I had gotten minor food poisoning but this morning when I had just liquid bowel movements again I decided to search reviews since that's the only thing that has changed...am definitely going to stop taking...."

CoughATL (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2016

For Cough "Took this as a cold medicine because I can't stop coughing. Was all fine and dandy and went out to dinner. Halfway there I had to stop because I felt gurgling in my stomach. Sure enough- diarrhea. I should have listened to the reviews- do NOT take this medicine."

Upset Tummy :/ (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

For Cough "Woke up in the middle of the night with a horrendous cough. I decided to take the some cough medicine and went back to sleep. It stopped the cough. Then I woke up in my own excrement (seriously), severe diarrhea. Heart palpitations, extreme dizziness, sweating and confusion. I almost went to the emergency room. I will never take this again."

ChaosQueen October 25, 2016

For Cough "I honestly wasn't sure if it was the medication that did this to me, until I just almost took it again and decided to read reviews. A couple hours after I took it, I woke up three different times due to extreme stomach pain. The third time I decided to try to go to the bathroom. My stomach hurt so bad that I felt like the muscles in my stomach were just stuck tight. I felt like I couldn't even go to bathroom because it hurt so bad. After having extreme pain and diarrhea, I started getting chills, lightheaded and swearing profusely. I seriously thought I was going to die and started dialing 911, before laying on my bathroom floor for a couple minutes and it stopped. I wasn't even sure if it was the medication before reading all these."

XK October 6, 2016

For Cough "took this for cough last night and made my stomach hurt almost instantly then woke up to horrible loose stools and stomach cramps it has been 24 hours and i am still in pain. It may have helped the cough slightly but this is way worse!"

verysick123 October 6, 2016

For Cough "I am so confused about the explosive diarrhea reviews. Long story short, I got something last week that was more than just a common cold. Started with the usual scratchy throat, but by day 3, the cough was so unbearable that I later found out at urgent care I cracked a rib from coughing so hard. They gave me RX cough syrup which I only took once since the codene in it made me throw up violently (not fun with a cracked rib). Picked up some delsym around 1am at the pharmacy and actually slept for about 6 hours. Had to go to work the next morning and took my delsym with me. Didn't need to take another dose until about noon. I truly feel like this medicine saved my other ribs from my own abuse! Try it once before assuming you'll poop your pants"

Lindsay86 (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

For Cough "This is the only cough medicine that is worth your $$. It really works. I especially like the lozenges when I am working. I've never had any stomach upset either and I have a pretty sensitive one."

Anniecw October 2, 2016

For Cough "Literally drank a whole bottle of the grape within a day bc my cough was so bad. (Also have tried the orange) Im 18 and this is the first liquid medicine that I don't need to chase it with juice or something, the taste is VERY bareable. Worked pretty well and helped me sleep without my cough waking me, which was my problem. Did give me a lil funny poop but not "explosive diarrhea" maybe I'm just able to control my Bowels unlike the other people here...."

Alixandrya26 September 26, 2016

For Cough "I made the mistake of taking this medicine before going to bed. I woke up in my own excrement. Seriously, this no laughing matter. It was like something out of a Dumb & Dumber movie. I had a raging case of explosive diarrhea. I feel sorry for the poor souls who don't use at least 3-ply toilet paper. Food went right through me like fat people go through twinkles. I would only recommend if you take a lower dosage than the recommended one."

Ray Nicolet (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

For Cough "I took the appropriate dose of Delsym, and 30 minutes later began hallucinating. The following day, I lost all vision and motor control. I took Delsym 3 days ago and am still experiencing side effects."

Unhappy customer (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Cough "Terrible medication. I got diarrhea, stomach pain and nausea. Made me feel worse then how I started."

Anonymous May 3, 2016

For Cough "I took Delsym for a severe cough. It stopped the cough and made me drowsy. I took a nap and when I woke up I could not move! My body was paralyzed. My cognition was impaired. After a undetermined period of time I was able to move and call for help. Very lucky to have been taken to a local VA Hospital where my blood tests indicated my immune system was compromised and my platelet count was 50,000 which they told me if I was in a serious accident I would bleed out. I was told that Delsym was a bad OTC Cough Syrup and would produce serious interactions with other Prescribed Medications. This near death experience can be documented."

fatherjim (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

For Cough "Don't take it! First, it doesn't work. Second, I had stomach pain starting about 15 minutes after I took it. Sick stomach for hours. Then about 5 hours in I started throwing up violently. Delysim is the only thing I had in my stomach."

Rigby68 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Cough "I took the recommended dosage of Delsym and it went in my mouth and set my throat on fire I have never felt pain like that I couldn't sleep at all I sat up all night crying I've never felt pain like that from a cough medicine or so-called cough medicine"

Amber061684 April 7, 2016

For Cough "At the risk of someone thinking I'm the "same person as other posters," I'm Posting my real name. I've had a nagging cough, and chose to try Delsym again, as I've had success in the past with it. I commute 30 miles to work. I got within a mile of my office and coughed.......and pooped all over myself. Yes. Explosive diarrhea in my scrubs! It was awful. I'm sitting in the work parking lot,calling the girls outside since I can't move out of my car! Forward......I'm home but can't get more than twenty minutes away from a toilet. If you take this, trust me, you won't cough, just like it says, for 12 hours. You'll be afraid to. Take something else, please. After all, it has been a terribly shi€€y day for me."

AngelaIsMyRealName (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2016

For Cough "Didn't do anything for my cough, as a matter a fact I was scared to cough because I didn't want to poop my pants!!! 45 minutes after taking this I had explosive diarrhea, my stomach was bubbling I thought I had to pass gas so I attempted to do so to my surprise it wasn't gas but explosive diarrhea it was all over my bed. Stay away from this product unless you want to loose weight!!"

The squirts (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Cough "Cramps, nausea ,diarrhea 24 hours off hell explosive watery discharge do not take."

Puddin boy March 16, 2016

For Cough "Severe stomach pain & dierria"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2016

For Cough "like several other reviewers, I also got the stomach gurgles, then watery diarrhea after taking Delsym "

soops February 18, 2016

For Cough "Bottle impossible to open without vice grip pliers. Diagram on the bottle lid is completely useless. It indicates " 1.push down and 2. turn anticlockwise" but will not open with these manipulations. Possible that I got a bottle from a defective batch in manufacturing (bar code 3 63824 21366 8), made in England, where the QC is much better than in, say, China. Written instructions on the peel to read label would be useful. Also why not add a trivial amount of sucrose such as 1 gram (1/100th of the carbs in one slice of bread) instead of toxic/carcinogenic/laxative EDTA, benzoate, propylene glycol, propyl gallate, sorbitol, sucralose, and beet color instead of FD&C Red #40? The anhydrous citric acid would suffice as a nontoxic preservative."

axxis (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

For Cough "It helps with the cough but gave me uncontrollable diarrhea. I wouldn't recommend this product"

John g ( garza) February 15, 2016

For Cough "Only made a slight difference in coughing. A bag of cough drops is more effective."

Pierre108 February 4, 2016

For Cough "Did not help my cough or sickness at all."

Madi398 January 23, 2016

For Cough "I bought this medicine for my husband and after reading all these reviews I was hesitant to give it to him. His coughing not only kept him up but myself. He did take it after all and believe me he slept through the night and so did I. I can honestly say I am glad I did not listen to these reviews it really worked."

melodia January 22, 2016