Dextromethorphan - can you give TusQ Dx to a child and what is the dose?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 28, 2022.
Can TusQ Dx be used with the same dosage in kids (4-5 years) and in adults? Can we use TusQ Dx for children at a low dosage?
The recommended dose of TusQ Dx for children over 2 years of age is ½ - 1 teaspoonful (2.5ml to 5ml), up to 3 times a day.
The dose for adults is 1 - 2 teaspoonful (5ml to 10ml) 3-4 times daily.
TusQ Dx Syrup is used for temporarily relief of a dry cough caused by common cold, flu, or other conditions.
TusQ Dx Syrup contains Chlorpheniramine and Dextromethorphan as active ingredients.
Related medical questions
- Does Mucinex help with Covid?
- How do I Treat Cough and Sore Throat if I have COVID-19?
- What OTC drugs relieve tripledemic symptoms in kids?
- How do I treat a mild case of COVID-19 at home?
- How to Choose Cold and Flu Medications for Kids
- Dextromethorphan Information for Consumers
- Dextromethorphan prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Dextromethorphan (detailed)
Related support groups
- Dextromethorphan (12 questions, 34 members)