Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops
Generic Name: Dextromethorphan Lozenges (DEX troe meth OR fan)
Brand Name: Hold, Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 28, 2020.
The Sucrets Cough brand name has been discontinued in the U.S. If generic versions of this product have been approved by the FDA, there may be generic equivalents available.
Uses of Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops:
- It is used to relieve coughing.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops?
- If you have an allergy to dextromethorphan or any other part of this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops).
- If you are allergic to this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops); any part of this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have a long-term cough caused by smoking or being around smoke, or lung problems like asthma or emphysema.
- If you have a cough with a lot of mucus.
- If you have taken certain drugs for depression or Parkinson's disease in the last 14 days. This includes isocarboxazid, phenelzine, tranylcypromine, selegiline, or rasagiline. Very high blood pressure may happen.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take more than what your doctor told you to take. Taking more than you are told may raise your chance of very bad side effects.
- Do not take this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops) for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- If you have phenylketonuria (PKU), talk with your doctor. Some products have phenylalanine.
- Different brands of this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops) may be for use in different ages of children. Talk with the doctor before giving this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops) to a child.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops) best taken?
Use this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Drink lots of noncaffeine liquids unless told to drink less liquid by your doctor.
- Suck oral lozenge. Do not chew, break, or crush it. Do not swallow it whole.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops) on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops) is taken on an as needed basis. Do not take more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
What are some other side effects of Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Sucrets 4-Hour Cough Drops), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
More about Sucrets Cough (dextromethorphan)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: antitussives
- FDA Alerts (1)