Bromfed DM - can this be purchased without a prescription?
I have had a cough for about 14 weeks and they can't seem to find out why. I used to take Bromfed and it took care of the problem. It was given then by prescription only. I just want to know if it is available over the counter now?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 16, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
Bromfed DM is only available on a prescription from your doctor. This is because it contains pseudoephedrine, a sought after ingredient for the illicit manufacture of methamphetamine.
Related Medical Questions
- What is the difference between Mucinex D and Mucinex DM?
- How much and how often can an adult take Coricicin HBP Cough and Cold?
- If I'm on fluoxetine, what can I take for a bad cough associated with a cold or strep throat?
- Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief. Can I give a small dose of this medicine to my child?
- How much is 10 mL in teaspoons or tablespoons?
- What antibiotics are used to treat bronchitis?