Bromfed DM - can this be purchased without a prescription?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 6, 2021.
I have had a cough for about 14 weeks and they can't seem to find out why. I used to take Bromfed and it took care of the problem. It was given then by prescription only. I just want to know if it is available over the counter now?
Bromfed DM is only available on a prescription from your doctor. This is because it contains pseudoephedrine, a sought after ingredient for the illicit manufacture of methamphetamine.
Related Medical Questions
- How much is 10 mL in teaspoons or tablespoons?
- What is the difference between Mucinex D and Mucinex DM?
- If I'm on fluoxetine, what can I take for a bad cough associated with a cold or strep throat?
- How much and how often can an adult take Coricicin HBP Cough and Cold?
- Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief. Can I give a small dose of this medicine to my child?
- What antibiotics are used to treat bronchitis?