User Reviews for Dextromethorphan systemic (Page 3)

Also known as: Babee Cof, Benylin DM Pediatric, Buckleys Mixture, Creomulsion, DayQuil Cough, Delsym, Elixsure Cough, Father John's Medicine, Robafen Cough Liquidgels, Robitussin Honey Cough, Scot-Tussin Diabetic, Silphen DM, St. Joseph Cough Suppressant, Sucrets DM Cough, Triaminic Long Acting Cough

Cough
3.9

Summary of Dextromethorphan reviews 3.9 244 reviews

Reviews for Dextromethorphan

For Cough: "Purchased this drug in an extended release (12hr, 60mg) pill, combined with the expectorant Guaifenesin at 1200mg dose. Brand name is Musinex DM. Was in my third day of severe flu (January 2018). I was able to sleep for several hours for the first time in days. I was coughing to the point of exhaustion and gagging before taking the medicine. For my severe cough caused by flu, it felt like a miracle. It did not last quite 12 hours for me, but a solid 9-10 with no cough and at least 10 hours with suppressed cough. Great for sleeping. I did not notice side effects, but some side effects are similar to Flu, so there may have been mild chills as others have stated."

Jeff S Wichita January 23, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "11 hours later I am still dealing with the side effects. Nausea, diarrhea, & chills. I'd rather have the cough!"

Mmill (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Got rid of my cough fairly quick, gave me extremely upset stomach to the point of vomiting and gave me diarrhea. Also experienced dizziness."

SydneyFord January 14, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Did NOT work!! Got chills, sweats and still coughing. They should be ashamed selling this mess."

Tore' January 13, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "This is the most useless medicine I've ever taken! I have the flu so I have all the symptoms... fever, chills, aches, and congestion. I took delsym to ease the coughing and instead of doing anything, all it did was give me diarrhea and I was still coughing to the point of gagging. Thanks for adding to my problems delsym!"

S c j u rv (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2018

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I have tried many cough syrups and meds. This is the only one that worked for my teens. The prior review is unfortunate but I use this year after year. It works for cough! And dries up the faucet."

Mother of 3 active teens (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Absolute nightmare. Do not take for the love of god! I took for a upper respiratory cough at around 4pm and the nightmare began shortly after when I got the chills so bad I couldn’t stand up. I was sweating bullets but freezing cold. After that stopped, this poison passed me out at which point I had the most extreme nonsense nightmares I’ve ever had in my life. Atop all this, I coughed and coughed and coughed to the point of gagging. This medicine is poison. Wouldn’t recommend it to my worst enemy. Such an astronomical waste of money, time, health and sleep. I poured the remainder down the toilet and felt bad that the water treatment facility now had to deal with this absolute toxic waste."

Absolute poison beware December 25, 2017

For Cough: "Made it through the first good night of sleep 12-7:30 with no coughing. This worked great for me on a full teaspoon. The night before last, I took only half a teaspoon and woke up coughing around 5am. I was worried initially that it would make me overly alert or put me to sleep. I was able to sleep fully and not feel groggy after waking up. I have not experienced any diarrhea on this medication. I will definitely be using Delsym tonight."

Jules AZ123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I bought this Delsym a few days ago for cough and when I opened it to poor myself some in the measuring cup I heard some tingle noise but ignored it. When I took a sip of it I was curious and pored some out in the sink and I saw GLASS APPEAR TO BE COMING OUT OF PLASTIC BOTTLE. I'm so glad I didn't take it and now I'll make sure to report it to the FDA."

Nora Aguirre (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2017

Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I certainly have no time for a stuffy nose and hacking cough. Being a student isn't easy nor is being sick since most of the time over the counter medicine just seem to suppress and provide little relief. It was a blessing when i first tried buckley's. I can certainly say it works great for me, I don't have to worry about that annoying cough and or mucus buildup while I'm feeling under the weather, its just relief as simple as that."

Engi Guy (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "The first time I took Delsym (a couple years ago), I landed in the ER because I thought I was dying: severe nausea, chills, sweats, shakes, dizziness, shortness of breath, and the dreaded diarrhea. I didn't make the connection that it was the Delsym until it happened to me again a couple days ago. Almost identical symptoms as the first time, but this time instead of just nausea, I was also vomiting profusely. I'm glad it works for others, but please don't "poo-poo" (pun intended) those whose experience was less-than-pleasant. We're all different, and what works for one won't work for another."

Never-Again-Anne December 9, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Looked up ingredients in Delsym. Active Ingredients: Dextromethorphan Polistirex Inactive Ingredients: Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Ethyl Cellulose, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, Flavor, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Methylparaben, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Sucrose (Sugar), Tragacanth, Vegetable Oil, Xanthan Gum. Polyethylene glycol 3350 is, get this, MIRALAX! No wonder we get explosive diarrhea!"

Barnwellgal (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Had taken Delsym brand since Saturday for aggravating cough, adding to it Mucinex as my former doctor always insisted. No problems except smelled the Mucinex in my stools, but no real cough control either. 10 p.m. last night took first dose from bottle of Equate brand like Delsym and a Mucinex. At 1:30 a.m. I had the first of hours of sudden, explosive, watery diarrhea. Thought I’d been exposed to stomach virus, but no nausea or vomiting. Still in agony this morning and still coughing so took another dose of the Delsym knock off and decided to research side effects since it didn’t match stomach viruses I’d had in the past. Why did I do that? I just ran for my Immodium, since having IBS-D it is my best friend. No more Delsym!"

Barnwellgal (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I have used the kid version with success for my children. It does work well to stop a dry cough. It lasts 8 hours, rather than 12. Unfortunately, the last time I used it for my child, she ended up dry heaving for hours and had a bout of explosive diarrhea. It stopped once the medicine wore off (about 8 hours after her dose)."

ILoveSandwiches December 5, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Boy, do I wish I had read the reviews on this medicine BEFORE I took it! I have been sick for a week with a nasty virus and finally broke down late last night and took a dose of Delsym. I admit it stopped my cough in its tracks but I woke up six hours later with such bad diarrhea it was like my keister had sprouted a fountain. My husband took it and within a short time developed terrible chills. I think, from this point forward, I will just deal with the cough."

Peglet11 (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "This cough syrup is no good, and is very expensive! It also gave me diarrhea.. So disappointing"

ALanaJ (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "After taking this cough syrup, I woke up and I experienced the most awful panic attack. Fingers tingling, feeling 'weird' thinking I was at deaths door. The only explanation was the cough syrup, I was pondering whether to call 911 and didn't because I KNEW it was the Delsym and it probably would pass with time. Drank a lot of water to hopefully flush it out faster. I will NEVER take Delsym again. Would like to know what ingredient gave me such a violent reaction."

grotemuis (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2017

For Cough: "I came to appreciate dextromethorphan on the 4th night of a bout with bronchitis. While I did need to "expectorate" all that horrible, infected, green stuff, I needed some uninterrupted SLEEP even more. The dextromethorphan kept my hacking quiet long enough to do so."

Lizibeta September 28, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Sadly no relief from my painful cough that started the other day, no diarrhea yet but now I'm afraid of what will happen when I got to bed after reading the reviews here. Sad that a pharmacist recommended it and I could get better relief for my throats and cough from a warmed up shot of whiskey. Don't bother with this rubbish"

JeyG September 27, 2017

For Cough: "Fortunately I didn't get diarrhea but this DID NOT help my cough IN THE SLIGHTEST"

Akanonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Have a sinus infection which causes a pretty bad cough... got tired of it and reached for Delsym (I bought it a month earlier for my son's bad cough and it worked for him)... took it at 3pm today and by 5pm I had the runs!!! Cough was gone, but it made me go! I don't have IBS or any digestive issues so it seems to be affiliated with this medicine... up to you if it's worth it... for me it was that's how bad my cough was."

Sinusbutdeadly (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Delsym Cough (Orange Flavored) has really worked on my cough. I did have a pretty good headache but I took Ibuprofen for that. I have not experience any stomach problems other than nausea when I woke up this morning and I threw up. I was able to go to work today."

Amymm September 8, 2017

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Have a little bit of a lingering cough from a cold. Not giving me much trouble except keeps me up at night. I heard this was good so I took so I could get some sleep. Helped tremendously with the cough but then I was having bad stomach cramps and diarrhea. I hadn't eaten anything that should have upset my stomach and it didn't really feel like a "bug" so I looked up side effects for Delsym. Now I wish I had done that first because I probably wouldn't have taken it. So, while it worked for my cough I still didn't get any sleep due to the stomach issues."

ashleyfus08 (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

For Cough: "Took this med for a spasm-y cough that just wouldn't stop. Definitely helped the cough. A couple of hours after the first dose, I experienced abdominal cramps and diarrhea. I checked the bottle for side effects, didn't see gastrointestinal issues listed, and assumed I'd eaten something that didn't agree with me. I took the second dose about 1-1/2 hours before bed. An hour later, another round of bathroom jaunts began. It did what it should for the cough, but the gastrointestinal side effects aren't worth it."

Reba Y August 12, 2017

Buckleys Mixture (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "It tastes like licking tree sap straight of the bark of a tree, but by far it's the best over the counter medicine I've found to provide long lasting results."

Anonymous August 10, 2017