User Reviews for Codeine to treat Diarrhea

Codeine Rating Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 120 medications used in the treatment of Diarrhea.

Reviews for Codeine

"Took just one as prescribed by oncologist who I was seeing for a yearly cancer check. Prescribed one each night for 14 days. only Further investigation if this did not work, Took 1 only. Worked immediately, absolutely brilliant. Haven't taken anymore. Trouble is what was the cause of my diarrhea ?"

Topgear60 January 30, 2018

"Suffered from Lower Anterior Resection Syndrome for years. Especially needing to empty my bowels every 1 to 2 hours during the night. Codeine was the only thing that stopped this and allowed me to have uninterrupted sleep. Lomotil or Imodium did nothing."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017

"3 bowel resections due to crohn's disease, I now have short bowel syndrome with chronic diarrhea. I have tried every anti-diarrheral drug there is and the only one that has helped is codeine. I consider it a wonder drug for my condition, enabling me to lead a mostly normal life. I have taken the same amount everyday for 6 years. I don't feel "high", but do feel slightly drowsy occasionally. I did have a period of 8 months where I stopped taking it and while I did have some physical symptoms (not mental) in stopping, they were not too bad, the symptom relief I had on the drug far outweighed the negatives. I continue to take and it makes my life easier."

CW55 March 6, 2016

"Mirical this is actually working for me."

Steelernut4life (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2015

"I have severe IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and could not find relief until I was prescribed codeine for it. At this point most of my symptoms are either completely gone or nearly gone. I can say that codeine is a wonder drug when it comes to resolving the symptoms."

DBINCG December 2, 2008