User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Fatigue 6.5
Summary of Dextroamphetamine reviews 8.4 187 reviews

Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Scott · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Helps with depression and anxiety with me! (May not for you)”

Lamby July 30, 2020

For Fatigue: “I have been on 5-15mg (max) of dextroamphetamine per day for 2 weeks now, an off-label treatment for depression/PTSD with excessive daytime sleepiness and inability to control impulsive behaviours. I have tried many SSRIs, SNRIs, as well as Lamotrigine and Quetiapine and been non-responsive or experienced intolerable side effects (most notably they would make me fatigued and literally suck the remaining life out of me, as well as completely ruin my sex drive). With the dextroamphetamine I have noticed a positive change in my motivation, concentration and energy levels which has lead to an overall improvement in my mood as I am able to participate in activities that I had previously lost interest in due to my depression. My work ethic is also better. The only downside is I suffer from occasional anxiety, which has worsened since starting the medication. I am going to see my psychiatrist again to see what I can do about that. Hopefully my experience will help anyone else with medication-resistant depression.”

D-Well · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “Been taking the 10 mg spansule Dexedrine for 2 weeks now. Excellent focus and a lot more motivation than before. Minimal side effects after the first couple of days. No real come down for me. I also take 10 mg cipralex at night with no issues. Spansule kicks in about an hour after I take it and starts to fade off about 4-5 hours later.”

Luckeenuggets · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have no official diagnosis yet. I don't remember ever feeling so at peace. My mind is still. I can breathe for the first time. Relax like never before. A wee bit sleepy. This will make me a better, much happier person instead of who I was. some one who was always racing around in circles, chasing my tail.”

Lynn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 30, 2020

For Fatigue: “Have been using Aurobindo generic immediate release Dextroamphetamine sulfate 5mg tabs, 2 in am, for 10 months. Worked beautifully, more focus, more energy, more motivation to accomplish tasks. No noted side effects. Last refill June 2020, was a completely different experience. Seven days of early morning nightmares, no energy, fatigue, felt terrible. Reported to physician, pharmacist and to FDA. Looking for an independent lab to get this tested and find out what happened. Pharmacy tells me that the other manufacturers of this generic drug are on back order and not currently available in my region in the US. Quality of life has taken a huge hit without this medication.”

Les May 28, 2020

For ADHD: “I was a horrible student all through High School. I was convinced I was stupid. I became the class clown to hide my shame. That was fifty years ago. Now, at seventy I look back on the career I forged as a successful television writer, knowing I couldn’t have done it without Dexedrine. For me it was magical—smooth and non addicting. Yes, it can get the ticker beating more rapidly at times. Because of this and heart disease in my family my cardiologist suggested I stop. I did and have not been as productive since. Stopping the medication after having taken it daily for over twenty five years was simple. No withdrawal. Zero. I slept a little more initially. That is all. True ADD is a tragedy. It robs people from their potential, leaving them shadows of what they could be. Don’t give up in yourself. If you really do suffer from it—and I mean suffer—find a doctor who specializes in ADD, get tested and get on this medication. A calmer, more productive you awaits.”

Dog · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2020

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “I have never had a worse experience on a medication. After having limited success on modafinil, armodafinil, sunosi, and adderall, my doctor prescribed me this Dexedrine dose at 10 mg and it is terrible. I go two- three day stretches without sleeping, have had the most debilitating anxiety of my entire life, and feel like I am going insane. Yes I’m staying awake but it has been the worst time of my entire life.”

storm April 17, 2020

For ADHD: “I was diagnosed with ADHD at 8.I was on Adderall from 13-15. And it worked very well for me, but you know as a teenager you experiment with weed and I failed my drug test and got pulled off of it abruptly. I got terrible withdraws, and was very depressed. I tried medication like Concerta and Lexapro but they didn't work. I gave up on medicine and didn't try anymore for years. I fell behind in school,I had severe anxiety and depression, and had no motivation to even get out of bed. I finally saw a specialist who prescribed 10mg Dextroamphetamine. I am prescribed to take it twice a day as needed I can finally focus on my school work, I can get out of bed in the morning and look forward to the day again. My anxiety has been the lowest it's been in years. The only downfalls I see at the moment are a little bit of an increased heart rate about 30 minutes after I take it, but it goes away within an hour or so. And it has raised my blood pressure, but not to such a height that I should be concerned.”

Not working for me March 31, 2020

For ADHD: “I have taken amphetamine salts for years and it worked, the pharmacists switched to dextroamphetamine and it does not work. As if I took nothing. My doctor said take it up with the pharmacy and they will do nothing. I will never take it again as a waste of money as I paid cash and unemployed without prescription insurance.”

Hbass120 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2020

ProCentra (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I have taken this ProCentra as a booster with my Adderall XR and it's amazing and allows for it to work all day! Expensive and most doctors haven't heard of it but it is great and works”

Just Me February 10, 2020

For ADHD: “I have had great results with this medicine (Dextrostat) for 20 years, until recently when my pharmacy switched to Aurobindo generics. All 3 times I received Aurobindo, I immediately started experiencing severe anxiety, severe headaches and my face broke out with Rosacea and pustules (which I had never had before). I stop taking the Aurobindo pills and symptoms disappear the next day. A full report was submitted to the FDA. If you get Aurobindo brand pills with U39 imprinted on them and have side effects please report them to the FDA.”

Kit · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2020

For ADHD: “I completely agree dexedrine no longer works”

Ginny February 2, 2020

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with narcolepsy at the age of eight I was taking a 5 mg tablets that handled my situation. I was able to be an outgoing loving child. My body was managing medication without falling asleep at inappropriate times. I am now over 70 now taking 15 mg span One twice a day. I am able to function and maintain a high profile professional position. The very worst part of this medication is the price. My parents were paying $5.00 for my medication. After marriage I was paying $15 co-pay then went to $35 co-pay and now it’s$144. I think this is totally unfair and a ridiculous charge for this drug. However I don’t have a choice because it works. I have taken other medication That caused hallucinate ,unable to drive, heart palpitations and feeling like I was on a high all the time however Dexedrine does not create a problem not in the slightest. I do not experience dry mouth, jitters, Hallucination or heart palpitation or any side effects with Dexedrine”

Juko · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 27, 2020

For ADHD: “My Prasco Dextroamphetamine generic suddenly stopped working after December. I’ve gotten my prescription refilled 3 times all with the same effect. It was working fine up until this point. Now it’s like I have taken nothing and it makes my focus worse. It think they’re filling it with a watered down or fake version of the medication.”

Melly January 21, 2020

For ADHD: “My doctor change my meds from Ritalin to dextroamphetamineand I have to say dex does absolutely nothing for me I will be going back to Ritalin as dex is garbage!!”

David December 22, 2019

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “this medication is very good, I take it first thing in the morning 2 capsules of 10mg and one around noon, in exactly one hour I feel that hit, dopamine increasing in my brain, me being able to focus on everything and multitasks at one time, I was just diagnosed with ADHD before Dexedrine I just could not concentrate on anything it was so so bad. But I can't explain in words the FLASH or Hit you feel after one hour it is tremendous, I feel so happy, everything I see, I see with happy eyes. Besides all that positive facts I mentioned I really have to say it has severe side effects. First day I took only 10 mg capsule after a few hours that it kick off I had an anxiety attack like I have never had in my life I felt like my chest is going to explode that feeling was so strong that I had to take Xanax. Besides that I have problems falling a sleep, some nights I don't even sleep at all. As well my hands start shaking and I feel disturbed and nervous.”

Jennifer · Taken for 10 years or more November 30, 2019

For ADHD: “I am sure this medication dextroamphetamine no longer comes through as amphetamine is filled with watered down other stuff and opiates.”

Christi · Taken for 10 years or more November 22, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “This doesn't work in 2019”

Alfred_swe November 2, 2019

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: “I was diagnosed with ADHD six months ago. I am 30 years old. My whole life has been a big problem with taking school, finance and friendship seriously. I have, on the other hand, been a person with a good mood, charm and with a sense of adventure. All these are good qualities you think? Not really. I've developed alcoholism, I've never had a financial surplus, I've lost touch with most of my good friends, and I've never accomplished anything I've set myself the goal of. I began to understand why my life has become so miserable. I started exposing myself for all kinds of things - for the first time I felt solid - a sense of integrity. At the same time, it was a great stress. After a month, I began to think that my whole life had just been a big joke. Before you start taking this medicine: Be prepared to experience identity disorder NEGATIVE: My hair has gone from thick to thin, my skin is not so smooth anymore and sometimes sleep can be very difficult.”

Tarns · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2019

For ADHD: “Finding that starting this medication can be very tricky as it will work differently for so many with ADHD. I've found the small dose makes me very tired and lethargic with no motivation. Going up in doses is trial and error and unless you're very patient or have the ability to experiment this could take a long time to find the right dose and top ups. Coming back to your ADHD self can be very depressing to.”

BetterNow · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 26, 2019

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: “I was worried that 'Dexies' would affect my ability to perform in the sack and whether the benefits they provide in allowing me to focus on work were worth the loss. Pleased to say it's quite the opposite. Almost to a fault; I get urges to get in bed pretty much any time day or night whereas my partner is still the regular old once or twice a week. ”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2019

For ADHD: “I recently started this medication at the lowest extended release dose for ADHD after having multiple symptoms and trouble with school. I have been on Adderall IR previously which caused horrible anxiety and palpitations, so I researched thoroughly here and saw that people said this was the least anxiety-inducing. It works the same for me. I had to bump it up to 10mg but I am still able to take naps if I want to and I don't feel manic. My pulse is normal, too. The only thing is, it is difficult to get the prescription filled. It's so old that not many pharmacies carry it. Only one does so I have to order it well in advance.”

ADHDer · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2019

For ADHD: “dextroamphetamine lowers my libido dramatically, but the orgasms are amazing: delayed, more intense and longer”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 10, 2019

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: “I can confirmed the anonymous's observation from time to time. Erectile Dysfunction isn't mostly related to Dopamine , even though, it heightens your primal animal factor under the effect of D-Amp. The problem is the deficiency of the blood flow in your penis that suppose to increase under the primal animal factor. It is not happening because you are having health related problems that cut down blood flow. But, am searching for more information by researching about this compare to what I gathered. But, then again, it is your brain trying to outsmart the sexual tension which is your other common factor. All it takes is one consenting partner to figure out your ED. On top of that, you can even experiment supplements that boost ED.”

Marzzbarrzz · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

For ADHD: “dextroamphetamine is a great medication . Worked for my ADHD . I have tried all the others . This one is worth a shot”