User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Dexedrine, Dextrostat, Liquadd, ProCentra, Zenzedi

Learn more about Dextroamphetamine.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 5 reviews 17 medications

Fatigue 5 reviews 0 medications

6.2
Summary of Dextroamphetamine reviews 119 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "The generic for this med didn't work at all, however the name brand (for some reason) is amazing! It has changed my life after so many other meds have failed. I am able to study, take notes, and remember what I've read now. The only reason I did not give it a 10 is because I am having some issues with insomnia. I'm sure that is related to the timing and strength of my last dose of the day however, and will adjusted. It can be expensive, however after trying everything else and nothing else working, I would rather pay for this than deal with awful symptoms all day."

Condell July 26, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Was switched from Adderall XR to generic Dexedrine. I got an ineffective brand of Adderall (yes, some brands are better than others). The positive effects were gone and the negative effects were enhanced. My blood pressure was great, around 102-117 systolic and 75-85 diastolic but my pulse was way too high 110-130. For the most part I loved Dexedrine, it worked very well and without the L-Amphetamine in Adderall my pulse rate was good 85-102. My only complaint was that the length of time it worked was inconsistent. Some days it would last 45 min other days it would last 2 hours. After speaking to my psych doc we decided to switch to Vyvanse instead of having to take 3 or 4 Dexedrine pills a day. Other than length of duration this is great."

Jwright7784 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm a rare case; I currently am prescribed 180mg of Adderall (90mg IR & 90mg XR). When this was raised to 240mg, I asked to try Dexedrine thinking that after a decade on Adderall, I had simply become tolerant to it. My doc put me on 120mg of Dexedrine. There was a noticeable decline in my focus, and my energy levels (not that's why you should take stimulants) fell off the map. It was smooth. But for me, it was way too smooth. I remember taking 60mg one morning and then going for a hike. I couldn't concentrate on a damn thing, and I was nodding off as I was walking. I guess I should have expected this going from such a high amount of Adderall to a lower dose of Dexedrine (which is absent of levoamphetamine). I would try it again though."

Halo242 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "Seem to have lots of anger Outbursts Feel distant"

Albacore July 12, 2016

For ADHD: "miracle drug for me, with a few downsides, but positives outweigh negatives by a long shot. I was chronically tired, no motivation, lazy, and not very social.also had a short temper, anxiety, trouble concentrating and connecting with people. When I take this it reverses all of those. I become productive, talkative, happy, relaxed—with energy at the same time, an incredible amount of mental/physical energy, and more control over my emotions. I've been taking it for close to a year now after switching from adderall because of the tweaky side effects. This stuff makes me feel great plain and simple, and hasn't changed after a year.downfalls: physical dependence. A day without it is terrible. And I love to drink but not good to drink on it"

MikeN314413 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2016

For ADHD: "At 53,andtwo weeks ago I was diagnosed with ADHD after my 23 year old son was diagnosed with ADD and questions being brought up about my ADHD behaviours. The last two weeks have been the best and most peaceful of my life. Over so many years I have developed ways to deal with my advanced ADHD but I always felt like I was living on top of life and not within it. Most of my day was pushing against unknown anxieties constant head noise and almost unnatural abilities to work within chaotic events. Probably because my whole being was a chaotic mess. Just 2 weeks and oh the joy of peace but still with energy. Oh the ability to think on one subject at a time without locking into super hyper focus shut out the world mode . Did I say oh the peace "

Gregorious July 9, 2016

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I would rather not take any medicine at all than take this med. it made me feel awful. Achy all over, headache, blurred vision, no energy. Numbness in hands and feet. I wouldn't recommend it. It didn't help me focus or stay awake. In fact I just wanted to lay down it made my head hurt so bad."

5chicks (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

For Fatigue: "Does the opposite of what it is supposed to do. Teva brand worked like magic and this just makes me very tired!!??"

Sparkybull (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Have gone from Adderall to Vyvanse to Dextroamphetamine IR and after 6 months on this, I can say it is by far the best. Same cost as the generic for the same quantity with my insurance and I like the higher dosages since I take 40mg/day. It has the consistency of Vyvanse with the duration of IR tablets."

The absolute best (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on two 15 mg spanuals a day. I felt great when I began taking them. Way more focused not just at home but at school too. My grades had improved tremendously. I had absolutely. No troubles with this medication. I was taking dexedrine. For a little over 10 years. Due to my other meds I now take I'm unable to continue to take dexedrine. I would recommend. Dexedrine to an adult or child."

BOOG_A_LUV (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Dexedrine is okay! When I first took it I was excited and hoped to feel something. I was instantly in a good mood, more focused, and patient. However the come down off this drug is horrible. The depression and sadness start to come back and it's just discouraging that only a medication can band-aid those emotions. I have have felt overstimulated as well. I had a gastric bypass four years ago so my doc said no XR but he put me on four 10mg a day which I feel is too much. I become agitated, irritable, paranoid, panicky, crying, etc. I decreased it to two a day. I feel that this might be too strong of a stimulant for me. I want to try Adderall since it's cheaper on my insurance and it has less dex. We'll see what he says at my next visit."

Lcowan7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2016

For ADHD: "Diagnosed with ADD when I was 9 I first as a child used Ridalin but for years after that I didn't have access to the right doctors to continue this or something similar. It took me until I was in my early 20's to find a doctor to prescribe me Dexidrene. It allowed me to keep my job due to the effects. There are some side effects, dry mouth (that goes away after a while), increased sex drive and at times can make me feel in a daze if I am not actively busy. You take it as you need it in some respects. I have always been on SR Sustained release and used generic. I can attest having been on several different medications in my life, this is what did it for me."

12+ years on Dex (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've been taking 10mg daily for nearly 11 years. It seems to help me focus but sometimes the side effects make me a bit less risk-adverse than I am without the medication."

Bert Andrews February 22, 2016

For Fatigue: "I have used dextroamphetamine sulphate for many decades. Only 10 mg a day. It has always been the difference between (a) depression in the morning, anxiety during the day and drinking at night and (b) confidence and energy in the morning, a little less in the afternoon and maybe a glass of wine at night. At this low dose, I experience no side effects. However, I frequently have trouble at next-Rx time.You have to have a doctor who will prescribe it and who knows what codes to include and sends prior authorization when required and a pharmacy that dispenses it, or one who has it in stock or will order it."

jipatib (taken for 10 years or more) February 20, 2016

For ADHD: "Been taking 30 mg/ Adderall for over 10 years and still works fine. I take only when needed and not on weekeds unless there's a reason for it."

Carol O 729 February 1, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on Vyvanse for 3 years, Adderral XL, & Adderral for another 3 years with limited success. I take a lot of other medications for mania & am always tired in addition to lacking focus...for the first time in years I can watch a movie, read a book, make it through multitasking a workday. Maybe this is what normal is meant to feel like--a world without yawns and easy distractions? Have I truly found a way to make it through a two hour movie? I think a new chapter in my life just opened..."

crazydude81 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid along with Asthma. A previous drug was being used however had to be stopped because of the review and side effects of being suicidal and doing things without worrying about the risk. Hard to explain... Anyways, ever since I started this drug, it has gone on a downhill. I have been using the drug for a very long time now, and to be honest , besides the tingling feeling I get sometimes using or taking a break from this drug, it doesn't help me at all. My parents think, thats it me that has to control ADHD but I cant, and this medicine isn't helping at all. I tried taking more dosage by myself and it still didn't work. Don't recommend at all. Btw I am 18 years old soon 19."

The Soaring Mind January 18, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Hands down the worst medication I've ever tried. My Psychiatrist suggested trying a newer ADHD drug but I was enamored by some of the reviews I read on here so I persuaded him to prescribe me Dexedrine. Well what a big mistake. I was given 10mg of Dexedrine and after two weeks of it working it completely backfired. It completely ruined my cognitive abilities. I couldn't do simple math, my depth perception was off, and my time perception was off as well. I was constantly late to appointments, I had to write down everything on the calendar on my phone otherwise I will forget or think I have more time than I actually had. I would be careful with this medication. It might work for you though."

Wibblet (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2016

For ADHD: "I am 31 years old and have been on Medication for ADHD since I was 7yrs old. This medication is by far the best one I been on. I took me about a week to adjust to the medication and not be a little extra sleepy. It helps me to calm my VERY active mind, control my (easy) temper , and helps me to focus much easier. Overall I am very happy with medication."

Ashley Marie January 9, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Been on 3 other ADD meds. This one seems to work great for me. I can focus stay on task and get my work done. Plus I can sit and relax with out feeling like I have be on the go all the time."

D.M (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Calmed my racing thoughts a lot. Downside is the days I don't take them I feel mentally groggy"

Theothernicknamesaretajen December 14, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My 15 yo son who has innattentive ADHD was taking adderall since 7th grade. He is now in 10th. For the longest time he has been having anger issues, he is easily irritated by other students talking in class, noise on the bus, and his 7 year old sister. I was desperately searching online for meds to help with anger with ADHD and asp and found this site. Reading all the comparisons of adderall and dexedrine, others having the same situation and most improving on the dex I hoped that his problem was the adderall. Went to the doctor told her all of the above. She seemed a little skeptical about it but was willing to give it a try. I don't want to jinx myself or my son but so far so good even helped sister with homework."

Adhdmumsy (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been taking dexedrine for about seven days now and it has definitely helped with my chronic feelings of anxiety - that painful feeling in your chest. This in turn has allowed me to better concentrate on the daily issues at hand then constantly having that feeling of flight or flight regarding any number of daily life issues. Thus far very helpful and I hope to continue down this path - I wish I had tried this drug years ago."

62 year old gentleman (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Treatment for ADHD save my life. Don't believe all the hype and the stigma around this diagnosis and treatment. It is a real condition there is real treatment and it makes a real and profound difference to the lives of people with this debilitating condition. So don't be afraid to seek help if you think you might have ADHD it is not just childhood illness in in my opinion it generally consists persists in some form for the duration of your life just like any other disease"

addBilly (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2015

For ADHD: "Just started this medicine. Very 'high' feeling. Very happy, very quickly. Scares me cuz it could cause addiction? Be careful when taking this medicine and take it as prescribed"

Anonymous November 6, 2015