User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Also known as: Dexedrine, Dextrostat, Liquadd, ProCentra, Zenzedi

Learn more about Dextroamphetamine.

Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced 6 reviews 15 medications

Fatigue 6 reviews 0 medications

6.8
Summary of Dextroamphetamine reviews 134 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

For ADHD: "I’ve been on zenzedi for over a year. 20 mg twice a day, brand name. It’s really changed my life. I went on adderall for 1 month to see if I liked it better, and tried Ritalin and both were garbage in comparison. This medication makes me want to get up in the morning and start working on homework. I clean, study efficiently, and just function better. In the past year my GPA has risen to above 3.0, and my critical thinking abilities have skyrocketed. Naturally, long term use of any amphetimine is scary but I see my therapist every couple months and all is okay so far!"

Megsadd (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "When I was 12 years old. I woke up at 2 in the morning to blindingly agonizing pain, bad enough that I found myself screaming at the top of my lungs. But when I tried to get out of bed I found my strength fail me and plummeted to the ground hitting my head on my night table. My parents found me and brought me to the hospital. I only found out years later when reading a list of side effects and overdose symptoms just how harmful this drug is. The word limit doesn't allow me to even scratch the surface. I will say that it has left serious physiological scars that decades later have still not healed. I cannot deny that it did help me pay attention in class. But I would still advise any parent that loves their child to STAY CLEAR!"

Coltons12 September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "It works really well. Only thing I am afraid of is the rapid tolerance I read everywhere."

fragilem16 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "Been on vayvanse and dextroanphethamane for two years vayvanse 2 years dex for 4 months. Let me say I work weird hours 12 to 16 hrs a day it took me forever to get doc to trust me and he finally realised hey he is ADD also. So far so good. No side effects at all just have to remember to pace yourself and be patient until they take hold in your system don't get discouraged."

Danny O (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fatigue: "Lots of energy but at night I feel kind of lite headed"

Chevymudnut (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Narcolepsy: "I have been taking Dextroamphetamines and/or Dexadrine since 1993 when I was first diagnosed with narcolepsy. The main side effect for me Is dry mouth and talking to much. If I take the medicine within 8 hours of bedtime, I may have slight problems going to sleep because I'm still thinking too much. Other than that, I'm as far away from insomnia as I can be. I have done 2 sleep studies while taking this medicine and I still go to stage 4 sleep in less than a minute, at will. Before this medicine, I was never able to drive more than 30 minutes, I couldn't go out to peoples homes, or watch TV, or go to the movies. Even when I played in a rock band I was falling asleep during practice. This is a miracle drug for me."

Jon Won April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Optimal"

Focusing15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "Sometimes you feel extra weird and jittery and sometimes you feel super super comfident like me right now"

Cole 420 February 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 20 and was only diagnosed with ADHD about 6 months ago. I tried Ritalin first and it did nothing for me, but then I was prescribed dexedrine and it has been a life saver. There's definitely some odd but kind of fun side effects for me. I get extremely into whatever I'm doing, which is super helpful for school, but sometimes a bit awkward in social situations because I enjoy conversation a little too much and worry that I annoy people. It makes me really ambitious and I feel the need to learn/accomplish things while I'm on it, but not physical things unfortunately, like working out or cleaning haha. I usually start doing homework, planning things or doing research. It's going to help me succeed in school so much more now."

Sabachan (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I wrote previously about loving Zenzedi and switching to Adderall XR due to insurance. After 1 month of Adderall, I am going back to Zenzedi. Adderall was just not for me. I had mental issues all month long and just didn't focus as much. My family even noticed a difference. I called my Insurance and they approved Zenzedi easily."

Megsadd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on zenzedi for about 6 months. I loved it! I have only tried Ritalin for my ADD and it made me psychotic, and once I stopped taking it I was too scared to take anything else. Well 10 years later, and sick of my ADD, I was prescribed this medication and it worked! I also had no beginning side effects. The only complaint I have is how quickly it wore off, but it could be my own metabolism and anyone else could be different. However, due to my new insurance I am switching to Adderall XR, I'll write an comparison opinion when I begin taking it."

Megsadd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "I was waking up and depressed until around 10;00 I had planned on taking my life many many times but couldn't figure out the most polite way. Each morning it was there. I knew if i could wait until around 10:00 I'd be o.k. but it was getting old, quick. I decided to get help and I walked in the V.A. tears streaming down my cheeks embarrassed that I had to get help. We had a discussion and I asked if I could try to take what my daughter was taking? Dextroamphetamine because I was all over the place with my ADHD. We tried a 10 milligrams and went to 20 but settled on 15. It works and I'm o.k. Erections with Visuals (hey, don't judge) but the depression seems to be completely gone. and less ADHD symptoms"

Navy Vet (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have been on about 100 mg. of dexedrine for over 20 years and it always worked great until a few years ago, when my drug company stopped sending me the TEVA generic. I never had problems with generics before but the Activis brand did nothing for me. I was told that TEVA was made by the same drug manufacturer that makes the name brand so I payed extra for the name brand and that does not appear to be working either. I have been told that TEVA no longer makes dexedrine so I am not sure what I should do. Also, I was told that the FDA no longer allows doses over 60 mg. but I am sure that is true. It could be my insurance company does not want to pay for more than a standard dose."

WSHarris October 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Have been taking Dexedrine spansules (10 mg) for over 2 years,three times per day.I never knew i had rank ADHD all my life,problems with school,the law,i am 47,and have noticed my ambition for life has increased,having more energy,i used to be tired alot,complaining,generally overall agitated at the same time,as well i have many comorbidies to deal with,but fortunately,don't have to take any anxiety meds. Dexedrine is all i know,and i am satisfied with the results."

Hamerman (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I absolutely love Dexedrine! It doesn't give me the crash that adderall has and it really keeps me focused on the tasks at hand. I was able to throughly apply for a gig and landed it and I wonder if I would on the alternatives. I hear they're trying to rid away of Dexedrine to switch over to Vyvance but since that drug has no generic and the two are about 99% similar I'm guessing it is more for profit reasoning. I'm telling everyone switch over you won't regret it. 1 15mg er/day should be the max for those considering switching. I read somewhere on here a doc prescribed about 100mg which is too much and the reasoning for your manic state. Go for trusted generic brands like Sandoz and Mallinkrodt. Teva IS THE WORST. "

Samohigh (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "The generic for this med didn't work at all, however the name brand (for some reason) is amazing! It has changed my life after so many other meds have failed. I am able to study, take notes, and remember what I've read now. The only reason I did not give it a 10 is because I am having some issues with insomnia. I'm sure that is related to the timing and strength of my last dose of the day however, and will adjusted. It can be expensive, however after trying everything else and nothing else working, I would rather pay for this than deal with awful symptoms all day."

Condell July 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Was switched from Adderall XR to generic Dexedrine. I got an ineffective brand of Adderall (yes, some brands are better than others). The positive effects were gone and the negative effects were enhanced. My blood pressure was great, around 102-117 systolic and 75-85 diastolic but my pulse was way too high 110-130. For the most part I loved Dexedrine, it worked very well and without the L-Amphetamine in Adderall my pulse rate was good 85-102. My only complaint was that the length of time it worked was inconsistent. Some days it would last 45 min other days it would last 2 hours. After speaking to my psych doc we decided to switch to Vyvanse instead of having to take 3 or 4 Dexedrine pills a day. Other than length of duration this is great."

Jwright7784 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I'm a rare case; I currently am prescribed 180mg of Adderall (90mg IR & 90mg XR). When this was raised to 240mg, I asked to try Dexedrine thinking that after a decade on Adderall, I had simply become tolerant to it. My doc put me on 120mg of Dexedrine. There was a noticeable decline in my focus, and my energy levels (not that's why you should take stimulants) fell off the map. It was smooth. But for me, it was way too smooth. I remember taking 60mg one morning and then going for a hike. I couldn't concentrate on a damn thing, and I was nodding off as I was walking. I guess I should have expected this going from such a high amount of Adderall to a lower dose of Dexedrine (which is absent of levoamphetamine). I would try it again though."

Halo242 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "Seem to have lots of anger Outbursts Feel distant"

Albacore July 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "miracle drug for me, with a few downsides, but positives outweigh negatives by a long shot. I was chronically tired, no motivation, lazy, and not very social.also had a short temper, anxiety, trouble concentrating and connecting with people. When I take this it reverses all of those. I become productive, talkative, happy, relaxed—with energy at the same time, an incredible amount of mental/physical energy, and more control over my emotions. I've been taking it for close to a year now after switching from adderall because of the tweaky side effects. This stuff makes me feel great plain and simple, and hasn't changed after a year.downfalls: physical dependence. A day without it is terrible. And I love to drink but not good to drink on it"

MikeN314413 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For ADHD: "At 53,andtwo weeks ago I was diagnosed with ADHD after my 23 year old son was diagnosed with ADD and questions being brought up about my ADHD behaviours. The last two weeks have been the best and most peaceful of my life. Over so many years I have developed ways to deal with my advanced ADHD but I always felt like I was living on top of life and not within it. Most of my day was pushing against unknown anxieties constant head noise and almost unnatural abilities to work within chaotic events. Probably because my whole being was a chaotic mess. Just 2 weeks and oh the joy of peace but still with energy. Oh the ability to think on one subject at a time without locking into super hyper focus shut out the world mode . Did I say oh the peace "

Gregorious July 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I would rather not take any medicine at all than take this med. it made me feel awful. Achy all over, headache, blurred vision, no energy. Numbness in hands and feet. I wouldn't recommend it. It didn't help me focus or stay awake. In fact I just wanted to lay down it made my head hurt so bad."

5chicks (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fatigue: "Does the opposite of what it is supposed to do. Teva brand worked like magic and this just makes me very tired!!??"

Sparkybull (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Have gone from Adderall to Vyvanse to Dextroamphetamine IR and after 6 months on this, I can say it is by far the best. Same cost as the generic for the same quantity with my insurance and I like the higher dosages since I take 40mg/day. It has the consistency of Vyvanse with the duration of IR tablets."

The absolute best (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on two 15 mg spanuals a day. I felt great when I began taking them. Way more focused not just at home but at school too. My grades had improved tremendously. I had absolutely. No troubles with this medication. I was taking dexedrine. For a little over 10 years. Due to my other meds I now take I'm unable to continue to take dexedrine. I would recommend. Dexedrine to an adult or child."

BOOG_A_LUV (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2016