User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine to treat ADHD

Also known as: Dexedrine, Zenzedi, ProCentra

Dextroamphetamine Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

D-Well · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine): “Been taking the 10 mg spansule Dexedrine for 2 weeks now. Excellent focus and a lot more motivation than before. Minimal side effects after the first couple of days. No real come down for me. I also take 10 mg cipralex at night with no issues. Spansule kicks in about an hour after I take it and starts to fade off about 4-5 hours later.”

Luckeenuggets · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine): “I have no official diagnosis yet. I don't remember ever feeling so at peace. My mind is still. I can breathe for the first time. Relax like never before. A wee bit sleepy. This will make me a better, much happier person instead of who I was. some one who was always racing around in circles, chasing my tail.”

Les May 28, 2020

“I was a horrible student all through High School. I was convinced I was stupid. I became the class clown to hide my shame. That was fifty years ago. Now, at seventy I look back on the career I forged as a successful television writer, knowing I couldn’t have done it without Dexedrine. For me it was magical—smooth and non addicting. Yes, it can get the ticker beating more rapidly at times. Because of this and heart disease in my family my cardiologist suggested I stop. I did and have not been as productive since. Stopping the medication after having taken it daily for over twenty five years was simple. No withdrawal. Zero. I slept a little more initially. That is all. True ADD is a tragedy. It robs people from their potential, leaving them shadows of what they could be. Don’t give up in yourself. If you really do suffer from it—and I mean suffer—find a doctor who specializes in ADD, get tested and get on this medication. A calmer, more productive you awaits.”

storm April 17, 2020

“I was diagnosed with ADHD at 8.I was on Adderall from 13-15. And it worked very well for me, but you know as a teenager you experiment with weed and I failed my drug test and got pulled off of it abruptly. I got terrible withdraws, and was very depressed. I tried medication like Concerta and Lexapro but they didn't work. I gave up on medicine and didn't try anymore for years. I fell behind in school,I had severe anxiety and depression, and had no motivation to even get out of bed. I finally saw a specialist who prescribed 10mg Dextroamphetamine. I am prescribed to take it twice a day as needed I can finally focus on my school work, I can get out of bed in the morning and look forward to the day again. My anxiety has been the lowest it's been in years. The only downfalls I see at the moment are a little bit of an increased heart rate about 30 minutes after I take it, but it goes away within an hour or so. And it has raised my blood pressure, but not to such a height that I should be concerned.”

Not working for me March 31, 2020

“I have taken amphetamine salts for years and it worked, the pharmacists switched to dextroamphetamine and it does not work. As if I took nothing. My doctor said take it up with the pharmacy and they will do nothing. I will never take it again as a waste of money as I paid cash and unemployed without prescription insurance.”

Hbass120 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2020

ProCentra (dextroamphetamine): “I have taken this ProCentra as a booster with my Adderall XR and it's amazing and allows for it to work all day! Expensive and most doctors haven't heard of it but it is great and works”

Just Me February 10, 2020

“I have had great results with this medicine (Dextrostat) for 20 years, until recently when my pharmacy switched to Aurobindo generics. All 3 times I received Aurobindo, I immediately started experiencing severe anxiety, severe headaches and my face broke out with Rosacea and pustules (which I had never had before). I stop taking the Aurobindo pills and symptoms disappear the next day. A full report was submitted to the FDA. If you get Aurobindo brand pills with U39 imprinted on them and have side effects please report them to the FDA.”

Kit · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2020

“I completely agree dexedrine no longer works”

Juko · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 27, 2020

“My Prasco Dextroamphetamine generic suddenly stopped working after December. I’ve gotten my prescription refilled 3 times all with the same effect. It was working fine up until this point. Now it’s like I have taken nothing and it makes my focus worse. It think they’re filling it with a watered down or fake version of the medication.”

Melly January 21, 2020

“My doctor change my meds from Ritalin to dextroamphetamineand I have to say dex does absolutely nothing for me I will be going back to Ritalin as dex is garbage!!”

David December 22, 2019

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine): “this medication is very good, I take it first thing in the morning 2 capsules of 10mg and one around noon, in exactly one hour I feel that hit, dopamine increasing in my brain, me being able to focus on everything and multitasks at one time, I was just diagnosed with ADHD before Dexedrine I just could not concentrate on anything it was so so bad. But I can't explain in words the FLASH or Hit you feel after one hour it is tremendous, I feel so happy, everything I see, I see with happy eyes. Besides all that positive facts I mentioned I really have to say it has severe side effects. First day I took only 10 mg capsule after a few hours that it kick off I had an anxiety attack like I have never had in my life I felt like my chest is going to explode that feeling was so strong that I had to take Xanax. Besides that I have problems falling a sleep, some nights I don't even sleep at all. As well my hands start shaking and I feel disturbed and nervous.”

Jennifer · Taken for 10 years or more November 30, 2019

“I am sure this medication dextroamphetamine no longer comes through as amphetamine is filled with watered down other stuff and opiates.”

Alfred_swe November 2, 2019

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine): “I was diagnosed with ADHD six months ago. I am 30 years old. My whole life has been a big problem with taking school, finance and friendship seriously. I have, on the other hand, been a person with a good mood, charm and with a sense of adventure. All these are good qualities you think? Not really. I've developed alcoholism, I've never had a financial surplus, I've lost touch with most of my good friends, and I've never accomplished anything I've set myself the goal of. I began to understand why my life has become so miserable. I started exposing myself for all kinds of things - for the first time I felt solid - a sense of integrity. At the same time, it was a great stress. After a month, I began to think that my whole life had just been a big joke. Before you start taking this medicine: Be prepared to experience identity disorder NEGATIVE: My hair has gone from thick to thin, my skin is not so smooth anymore and sometimes sleep can be very difficult.”

Tarns · Taken for less than 1 month November 2, 2019

“Finding that starting this medication can be very tricky as it will work differently for so many with ADHD. I've found the small dose makes me very tired and lethargic with no motivation. Going up in doses is trial and error and unless you're very patient or have the ability to experiment this could take a long time to find the right dose and top ups. Coming back to your ADHD self can be very depressing to.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2019

“I recently started this medication at the lowest extended release dose for ADHD after having multiple symptoms and trouble with school. I have been on Adderall IR previously which caused horrible anxiety and palpitations, so I researched thoroughly here and saw that people said this was the least anxiety-inducing. It works the same for me. I had to bump it up to 10mg but I am still able to take naps if I want to and I don't feel manic. My pulse is normal, too. The only thing is, it is difficult to get the prescription filled. It's so old that not many pharmacies carry it. Only one does so I have to order it well in advance.”

ADHDer · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2019

“dextroamphetamine lowers my libido dramatically, but the orgasms are amazing: delayed, more intense and longer”

Marzzbarrzz · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

“dextroamphetamine is a great medication . Worked for my ADHD . I have tried all the others . This one is worth a shot”

Lookst · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 31, 2019

“I found the boost it gives you really useful for executive dysfunction. Makes me more likely to get up and do stuff. However I also suffer from GAD, and this medicine exacerbates the anxiety by a fair amount, especially during the comedown.”

Michelle · Taken for 10 years or more June 27, 2019

“This is a review for the long release generic after 15 yrs. It feels great at first very smooth. However it's socially isolating and in the later years gives anxiety at the same dose and it's very hard to be motivated and focused. This is the only thing that helped me though for severe ADHD 10 120 pill a month. Another problem is that for rare drugs with street abuse potential the manufacturer and availability is problematic. The brand when it's too strong will have you sitting in your chair staring acting very pleasant with no thoughts in your head. Now the brand is $ 2665 more then generic for 120 10mg. In the long term, if you don't take little breaks of reducing quantity you will develop tolerance. This means long term depleting dopamine receptors. If you can take a faster release low dose, so less fillers,of a brand medication. Try something weaker before building tolerance to one of the strongest meds.”

mr robot · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 13, 2019

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine): “It's like coffee 2.0 without the jitterness from the other racemics. It's the best tool, which was given to me. I'm thankful for this kind of drug.”

thomas aquinas April 9, 2019

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine): “The amphetamine molecule has two mirror images of itself. Dexedrine is only one of those images whereas Adderall is both. However, Dexedrine is cheaper and just as tried and true as Adderall. Some Dexedrine generic tablets are scored and come in doses as low as 5mg giving you the ideal opportunity to discus proper individual dosing with your doctor. When I was a kid my doctor had me on too high of a dose. Now I take Dexedrine with my breakfast and don't run into any problems with one cup of coffee. Some of the therapeutic properties of Dexedrine diminish, but the core CNS activity stays pretty reliable at the same dose in my experience. strongly recommend monitoring your kid's prescription bottle. Sometimes smart kids can make mistakes.”

Axisnegative February 14, 2019

“Dextroamphetamine IR (or Zenzedi) is hands down the best ADHD medication I have ever been prescribed. I've been on and off stimulants since middle school (25 years old now) and have tried every medication besides Focalin and Desoxyn. Zenzedi is wonderful because not only does it manage my symptoms much better than Adderall, for example, it also does so with absolute minimal side effects. It doesn't destroy my appetite, it's easier to get to sleep at night, it doesn't make me irritable or agitated and I'm much less jittery and sweaty (as a result of more CNS stimulation and less PNS). I can also achieve the same effect with a lesser amount of medication (2 x 10mg IR vs 1 x 30mg XR and 1 x 10mg IR). Zenzedi is also surprisingly affordable if you can find a local pharmacy that keeps it in stock. It only ran me $90 before my insurance would cover it vs $200 for Adderall at Walgreens, which usually won't even have Zenzedi in stock. 100% recommended.”

Idontwanttosaymyname · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2019

“So far 15mg 3 x a day has really improved my focus and impulsivity. I suddenly realize when I'm distracted and actually have a choice to do what I need to over focusing on random things I'm distracted by. I no longer go to the store for one thing and come back with 48 things forgetting the item I went in for, or lose my keys 5x a day. I don't ramble as much or at least am aware of it when I am rambling. On days I don't take it I see a massive difference. I'm so happy I can live a less stressed, more happy existence.”

Nate · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 5, 2019

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine): “I’ve taken stimulant medication for 13 years. I’ve found Zenzedi superior to Adderall, Vyvanse, Straterra, and Ritalin.”

Cili · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 31, 2018

“It's quite effective on helping you focus. It's smooth sailing. As long as I eat something small while on it or a few small meals, I won't get any changes in my mood which I have gotten many times due to not eating. Sometimes though, I'll hyper focus on one task at hand as opposed to everything I have to do throughout the day. I have to say it's one of the best stimulants though. And have not gotten any side effects when I didn't take it for a few days.”