User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine (Page 6)

Also known as: Dexedrine, Liquadd, ProCentra, Zenzedi

8.2

Fatigue

Summary of Dextroamphetamine reviews 8.7 157 reviews

Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I've taken many different medications for my ADHD over the years, Adderall, Ritalin, Strattera, Concerta and Vyvanse. Dexedrinne is the most effective with almost no side effects. I only experienced slight appetite suppression with it and it never effected my mood negatively nor did I ever feel "cracked-out" on it. I now take Vyvanse because the slow release works better with another medication I take; however, I would strongly recommend Dexedrine to anyone who is looking for an effective treatment for ADHD. "

Anonymous April 8, 2012

For ADHD: "I actually thought this worked better than Adderall instant release, when comparing dosage amounts. For example, 10mg dextroamphetamine worked just as well for me as 15-20mg Adderall."

Anonymous March 5, 2012

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Was on Dexedrine for 10 years. Loved it. Just stopped last month because I had tachycardia and an ectopic arrhythmia. Both started about 2 years ago, and I only recently had confirmed that both are non-existent when off of Dexedrine. Have been taking 30mg/day. Switching to Strattera tomorrow, hoping it can provide all the benefits of Dexedrine without the heart issues!"

Anonymous February 28, 2012

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Well this medication has worked VERY well for my ADHD! It helps me concentrate and makes my mood overall more lifted! I Notice energy and a desire to do work and complete tasks instead of being a lazy couch potato like before. Side effects: Anxiety, Depersonlization and Derealization on this medication sometimes makes you feel like a robot! And heart rate goes up also! But it worked much better than Adderall. Adderall gave me bad anxiety and higher heart rate! Much stronger and more positive mood from Dexedrine. "

BlizzardSnowStorm1911 February 14, 2012

Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "This gave me the ability to match what I take with my activities at 20 mg X 3 times a day. Days when I don't work or drive I often don't take any. Otherwise, if I know I don't have a meeting or have to grade papers in the evening, I just take in the morning and at noon. (60 mg) This was much better for me than the time release variety which always kept me awake throughout the night."

Anonymous February 9, 2012

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "For me Dexedrine helped get tasks done. I currently 22 year old male. I can focus tremendously in university. Also have a huge increase in libido with my girlfriend so overall can say it's working for me."

Anonymous December 16, 2011

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have ADHD and Bulimia. I read through everyone's comments and I couldn't agree more. I am a 21 year old model living in New York City and suffered from chronic ADHD/ADD and Bulimia. Ritalin would make me so jittery I couldn't even try to do anything. 1 hour of euphoria that led no WHERE. (Focalin *is new* did the same thing just paid more!) So they tried everything in every batch: Daytrana, Focalin and Ritalin.. then Vyvanse with Adderall IR or AddXR with ADD IR Anyways I looked up online and saw how Dexedrine is what makes up half of Adderall. I asked my doctor he was like "ehh" but he went for it. I've been on it ever since. I think it is the most under credited ADHD/Stimulant medicine on the market. I have no anxiety, clean concentration! "

EvaFab November 16, 2011

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have ADHD and mild-to-moderate anxiety. Dexedrine 20 mg (2 x 10 mg) taken in the morning allows me to focus for about 8 hours, but I experience negative side effects including increased anxiety, raised blood pressure and difficulty sleeping. I used to experience moderate-to-severe depression at the end of the day when it would wear off, but I've been able to avoid this using buspirone 5 mg (taken once-an-hour for 4 hours starting 7.5 hours after I take the Dexedrine). Also, I take trazodone 12.5 mg before bed to help me sleep. Due to the side effects, I only take Dexedrine once or twice a week, when I need to get lots of work done. Adderall made me more anxious, and methylphenidate (e.g. Ritalin) didn't help me."

rbwilli November 12, 2011

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "My extended release pill, 30mg Vyvanse, only lasts for about 5 hours for me. My doctor prescribed a short acting pill, which was Dexedrine for doing my homework at night. Took 5mg and felt literally nothing after waiting an hour. Then took another 5mg (as my doctor said I might need). I did feel a lot less hyperactive, but almost to the point of sluggish. My concentration improved the tiniest bit, but not nearly as well compared to Vyvanse. This pill seems to work better at combating ADHD symptoms, but not really ADD symptoms. I would advise trying Vyvanse."

Phds October 21, 2011

For ADHD: "This has changed my life for the better, I can focus, multitask, feel more like part of the crowd rather than "different". Sex drive way up (side effect I can live with). As strange as it sounds, a stimulant that has an overall calming effect on me. Both my kids have ADHD so it is no wonder I have it as well. I just wish this was known years ago, life would have been much easier. Medicines are only part of the answer, diet, exercise and counseling definitely round things off. Oh, take as little as possible and early in the day has been better to minimize other side effects."

Anonymous July 5, 2011

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have currently been taking Dexedrine spansules for 16 years. 90 mg a day. ADHD had ruined my life up until I was 36 years old. Now all the standard symptoms are under control and have been since I started the medication. I would personally check with a good doctor if you are suffering with this disorder."

Custus54 April 16, 2011

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Dexedrine is great, aside from the increased anxiety. I currently take 90mg daily - both the 5mg tabs and the 15mg spansules. I require two 20mins naps/day, but will still have sleep attacks if I'm inactive. It may not sound overly great but without Dexedrine I'd never leave my bed/couch, as I fall asleep every 10 mins. So essentially, it does a world of difference."

riL0 March 4, 2011

For ADHD: "I am a 56 year old, 200lb Caucasian male who started on ADHD medicines back in 1995. I've tried others, but dextroamphetamine has always worked the best. The only side effects I have noticed over time are occasional grinding of teeth and insomnia if I take a dose too late in the afternoon. I think that over time it has changed the way I think, but it is hard to know exactly how and what to do to the normal effects of aging. I am happy with the medication, and can recommend it as treatment for ADD /ADHD."

OGolly December 18, 2010

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "By far the best medication I have tried for ADHD. It is great for someone who also social anxiety or anxiety in general. With Ritalin I had many negative side effects one of which is anxiety. Dexedrine is great. I do not even need to take my clonazepam (Klonopin) during the day because Dexedrine is so smooth."

Fizzle October 13, 2010

Dextrostat (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I use Dextrostat for adult ADHD and have found it to be very effective in controlling my symptoms without any adverse effects."

Boo_Cat September 17, 2010

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Works well for my ADD but DON'T ever mix with alcohol! I am an alcoholic who comes from a alcoholic background handed down several generations of my family tree. I take my Dex. as prescribed (5 mg 3x daily, a small dose by choice compared to 45 mg 3x daily when I was younger and not in charge of my own health needs) But when I binge drank I would always mix the alcohol with Dex. up to 50 mg a night so I could keep drinking. Lost many friends, wife, and the the respect of too many due to my actions, aggressions, combativeness stances and so on. Alcoholics beware. I'm sober now and take it one day at a time. I still take my Dex. but ONLY as prescribed. I am 35 and have taken it since age 12."

Recovering Alcoholic March 3, 2010

For Narcolepsy: "I have been taking 10 mg 4 x daily for the last two years, and I have not fallen asleep while driving, standing still, taking finals (I am a 3rd year law student), or during class for all that time. This drug is good for me. The dose would be high for some, but I am around 200 lbs and 6' 3", so I need a moderately high dose based on body weight alone. I take the tablets, because they work quickly if I need them and I can skip doses that I do not need. Overall this drug has improved my quality of life vastly."

Anonymous December 19, 2009

For ADHD: "I'm not sure which brand and version I am rating, but all forms of dextroamphetamine have been the best medication for me for like 30 years. I currently take brand (SKF) spansules, which are long lasting, smooth and effective for ADHD. I have had a generic time release dextroamphetamine (BARR), which is about half the potentcy you get from the SKF. I take generic (BARR) 10 mg tablets (the pharmacy substitutes it for Dextrostat, which is not even the same). While in a nursing home I got dextroamphetamine from Mallincroft (sp?), which was okay, but not widely available. SKF Spansules are the best out there that I can find."

Rx2009 October 27, 2009

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Hypersomnia: "There no material in side effects list that you may have a hard time with Novocaine. My dentist spent hours trying to figure out why he could not get me numb before he made the connection. Be forewarned that this is a potential problem. This drug all in all has improved the quality of my life drastically. 7 years and topped at 90 mg. I hit tolerance a long time ago, but it still does what it was designed to do. I am not looking for a high, I am looking for a life with alertness and this medicine has given me that. I personally trust this older proven medication. "

"Chelle August 26, 2009

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I used Ritalin for many years before realizing it had little or no effect on me. I think the placebo effect applied not only to me, but also to my parents and teachers. Upon finding out that it's quite common for some patients to have their medication switched 2-3 times before finding one that works, I decided to try Adderall (which worked amazingly, but gave me insomnia), Concerta (which didn't work on me, since it's basically the same as Ritalin), and finally settled on Dexedrine, which I don't know how I ever lived without. Of all the ADD medications I tried, it was head and shoulders above the rest as far as effectiveness AND had the fewest side effects (which were barely noticeable and disappeared after a couple weeks)."

Anonymous August 17, 2009

For ADHD: "I've been on 15mg-25mg a day of this since I was in 4th grade. I'm now a junior in college. Days I don't take it I can sit for hours doing nothing and entire days go by. With this I get things done. Big problem is when you don't take it for a while you binge eat. "

Anonymous July 16, 2009

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with narcolepsy about 5 years ago and have had very good results by taking Dexedrine."

roc b. June 10, 2009

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I was on Adderal at 9, it worked okay. Then I was taken off treatment until the age of 19. I've been on it for a couple of weeks. I can tell that my focus is starting to get better and I notice that when I do certain chores around the house I do them to such depths and extremes. "

Faithness June 1, 2009

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I am at the maximum amount per day 60mg. It has helped to a certain extent. I do not need a nap to make it through a normal work day. I still have random sleep attacks when sitting/quite/inactive. It only lasts about 10 hours for me. (That is at the maximum allowable daily dosage)."

Sleepin' Beauty May 1, 2009

For Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "I take dextroamphetamine for a different condition but I have noticed an increased sex drive which was a wonderful side-effect for my marriage."

roths_wife March 19, 2009