User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine to treat Fatigue

Also known as: Dexedrine, Zenzedi, ProCentra

Dextroamphetamine has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Fatigue. 55% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Dextroamphetamine Rating Summary

6.7/10 average rating

Compare all 5 medications used in the treatment of Fatigue.

Jay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2020

“dextroamphetamine is a very effective stimulant. Pros include strong stimulation capable of combating severe fatigue. Cons include its short duration of action requiring re-dosing every 3-4hrs and mild tolerance over time. Use sparingly if possible to avoid the need for dose escalation. Stick to your prescribed dose and you’ll find it effective over the long-term.”

Lamby July 30, 2020

“I have been on 5-15mg (max) of dextroamphetamine per day for 2 weeks now, an off-label treatment for depression/PTSD with excessive daytime sleepiness and inability to control impulsive behaviours. I have tried many SSRIs, SNRIs, as well as Lamotrigine and Quetiapine and been non-responsive or experienced intolerable side effects (most notably they would make me fatigued and literally suck the remaining life out of me, as well as completely ruin my sex drive). With the dextroamphetamine I have noticed a positive change in my motivation, concentration and energy levels which has lead to an overall improvement in my mood as I am able to participate in activities that I had previously lost interest in due to my depression. My work ethic is also better. The only downside is I suffer from occasional anxiety, which has worsened since starting the medication. I am going to see my psychiatrist again to see what I can do about that. Hopefully my experience will help anyone else with medication-resistant depression.”

Lynn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 30, 2020

“Have been using Aurobindo generic immediate release Dextroamphetamine sulfate 5mg tabs, 2 in am, for 10 months. Worked beautifully, more focus, more energy, more motivation to accomplish tasks. No noted side effects. Last refill June 2020, was a completely different experience. Seven days of early morning nightmares, no energy, fatigue, felt terrible. Reported to physician, pharmacist and to FDA. Looking for an independent lab to get this tested and find out what happened. Pharmacy tells me that the other manufacturers of this generic drug are on back order and not currently available in my region in the US. Quality of life has taken a huge hit without this medication.”

Beth14 October 31, 2013

“I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and have been taking this medicine for about 7 years now. It gave me my life back. I used to be so tired that I couldn't get out of bed or participate in life. The only problem is I have grown tolerant to it, and am at the maximum dosage, so I don't get as much energy from it as I used to. But I couldn't function or live without it.”

plan b · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2013

“mostly positive, give me the little extra path I need my stuff in order to get my day going.I regret that my fatigue got to the point that I needed medical assistance in order to function as a regular person.”

jipatib · Taken for 10 years or more February 20, 2016

“I have used dextroamphetamine sulphate for many decades. Only 10 mg a day. It has always been the difference between (a) depression in the morning, anxiety during the day and drinking at night and (b) confidence and energy in the morning, a little less in the afternoon and maybe a glass of wine at night. At this low dose, I experience no side effects. However, I frequently have trouble at next-Rx time.You have to have a doctor who will prescribe it and who knows what codes to include and sends prior authorization when required and a pharmacy that dispenses it, or one who has it in stock or will order it.”

AnttiKokk · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 13, 2019

“After trying Modafinil and Armodafinil with no success, my neurologist suggested trying a stimulant for MS relief fatigue. So far, the least I can say is I am a bit disappointed in this medicine (maybe it's because I'm using the generic form? idk) since I haven't experienced any improvement in my alertness or energy level. The comedowns were bad as well.”