User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine (Page 4)

Also known as: Dexedrine, Zenzedi, ProCentra

6.9

Summary of Dextroamphetamine reviews 8.7 161 reviews

Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

Mrssfromwa · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I am 39 years old and have been suffering from ADD my whole life. It wasn't until recently I finally figured out what it was. After trying Ritalin which didn't agree with me, and Adderall XR which made me irritable, anti -social and too engaged I read the reviews of this & decided to give it a whirl. I'm only on week 1, but compared to the others I am MUCH more myself with no anxiey! Also, I am shocked at how low of a dose gets the job done. I am on 5mg once daily around noon. You may think you need more but start low & see how much changes right before your very eyes. You get plenty done and still wind down after 4 hours. I sleep great and my appetite is only affected the first 3 hours. I didn't give it a 10 b/c of some memory issues."

TheHaze · Taken for 10 years or more August 20, 2015

For ADHD: "I have been taking dex on and off for 21 years. Since I was young I lived in a haze. I didn't have the drive to undertake the most basic activities. I was also depressed. This haze stayed with me until I was 15 years old, when I was first prescribed dex. My mood went from sullen to elevated and my abilty focus was there for the first time in my life. The school term that I commenced dex, I duxed my year in chemistry. I am very happily married with 1 happy child so far. I take 7.5mg per day. I have no SUGAR or gluten in my diet. A point of this advise is to take holidays from dex and to take it with acetyl-l-carnitine as it inhibits any cortisol over-production; a side effect of dex. You will likely be very grateful for this synergy"

elegalone · Taken for 10 years or more August 14, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I've been taking dexedrine spansules 15 mg 2 pills at a time, 2-3 times a day for about 30 years for narcolepsy. I'm currently 57 years old. If it weren't for this Rx i would probably never leave my house. Through the years i have tried various alternative meds only to find they don't work as well. Among the alternatives tried are Adderall (made me actuallyy violent); Provigil (absolutely ineffective); and Nuvigil was worse than ineffective...because it gave me the sensation of being high. So i thought it was working and i got behind the wheel of a car...bad idea. Changed back asap. Been on the same dosage for 20 yrs. Side effects: for 10 min every day get bad dry mouth and anxious. Cost is prohibitive."

Dexedreams July 25, 2015

For ADHD: "Amazing medication that should be doctors FIRST CHOICE in prescribing a person with ADHD. I have been on every prescription under the sun, from Ritalin to Adderall, Vyvance, Concerta. They all had HORRIBLE side effects causing me high anxiety & I also suffer from PTSD so you can image struggle. I'm a mother of 3 kids, work part time, & own a successful business. Without Dexedrine I doubt I'd be as successful. It's a miracle drug."

Starrynightfirers June 14, 2015

For Fatigue: "Haven't taken this before but adderall always worked well what's the difference? pros, cons"

big momma of 3 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 6, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take 15 mg three times a day along with Ritalin 20 mg three times a day and I am so glad my Doc found this combo!!!! I'm 36 and extremely overweight and I got the got up and go that I never had and the help to keep my mind on very important things and people in my life, like my kids!!"

Happy and Awake · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Dexedrine was very helpful in treating my narcolepsy. It is dependable without making me nervous. I am able to have a better attention span too! I can sit confidentiality at my desk or be in social situations and have confidence that I will not be falling asleep while someone is talking to me again! Dexedrine is a great medicine for narcolepsy."

Dextro, Dexy · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 19, 2015

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "The most reliable and consistent ADHD CNS I've ever taken! Their new instant release tablets they came out with recently, are really great. Instead of taking the usual four salts (Adderall), you have one (Dextroamphetamine Sulfate). My grades and focus went up about 30 percent after taking these on right dose. I've been stuggling with ADHD since I was 6 yro. Also, I take 30mg x 3 per day. I always joke with friends that dexy makes me feel sexy."

RevG · Taken for 10 years or more March 10, 2015

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I wouldn't use any other type of ADHD medication! Adderall & many of the newer ADHD medications cause agitation & symptoms that make my condition worse. If I didn't use Dexedrine, I wouldn't take medication to treat my ADHD! More people need to educate themselves, on how to treat ADHD. "

student2014 January 22, 2015

For ADHD: "30 years old, had ADD my whole life and never tried anything for it, except for an Adderall XR 30mg once for studying and an Adderall 30mg tab for studying as well (XR kept me focused and tab didn't work). I just ended my first 5.5 hour dexamphetamine high and highly recommend it! Things that normally bothered me, like sounds (I also have S4) or my kids misbehaving didn't bother me at all. The background emotions that would constantly distract me under stress were gone. I was focused, calm, felt a bit high/numb and thirsty. I must have drank a gallon of water and peed 4 times. It kicked in about 40 minutes after taking it and lasted about 5.5 hours. Gradual onset and gradual come-off. Got a lot of studying done and retained the info."

Seigfred December 30, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "I was diagnosed with narcolepsy at 18 years old, I have been taking Dexedrine for a little over a year now. I recommend using Dexedrine because it does a great job of keeping you awake without the nasty side effects that other medicines bring, like Adderall. Dexedrine has really changed my life, I am able to confidently drive and good at work without having to worry about falling asleep. I really wish I had this in High School. For all the younger people out there with narcolepsy ask your doctor to put you on Dexedrine, it's less expensive than Adderall and Vyvanse (Vyvanse didn't work for me I fell asleep several times on it). The side effects I find with it is sometimes it gives me mood swings, most of the time its a feeling of optimism."

RadicalDelusion · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 29, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have taken pretty much every type of medication for ADHD. Dextroamphetamine, by far, works best for me. While Adderall contains dextroamphetamine, the l-amphetamine and it gives me very bad anxiety. Dextroamphetamine helps me focus without causing extra anxiety, and I prefer the instant release, which allows me to fall asleep. Ritalin caused anxiety even worse than Adderall did. One thing I recommend is to take a day or two off every week or so. If not, your tolerance might build up and you might find the medication is not working. Also, you need to learn to pay attention to your bodies other signals telling you went to eat. You probably will not feel hungry and your stomach. This does not mean you don't need food, however."

Sleepingstar · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 5, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Along with narcolepsy, I've also been diagnosed with ADHD. I have been taking dexedrine for the last 4 years. At first it was 5mg tablets which worked for a couple months. As soon as my dose was increased to 10mg spansules a day, my life has been so much easier since then. I can actually concentrate on one thing without wanting to quit in the middle and take a nap. Many side effects including dry mouth almost every day, heart pounding, loss of appetite leading to weight loss, muscles twitching, and severe tiredness if I suddenly stop taking it."

pipsey · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2014

For ADHD: "Recently diagnosed with adult ADHD. Prescribed dextroamphetamine 3 x per day at 10 mg. Because I suffer extreme anxiety and an active racing mind with various clusters of thoughts going on at any given time I was anxious about taking this medication thinking it would amplify it all. Taking this medicine has helped slow the mind to a point I can pick and choose what I allow myself to think about, I feel so much more in control which is amazing. There is a level of anxiety still but its manageable and not overwhelming like it was before taking dextroamphetamine, I feel like I am the driver of my mind and not the passenger anymore. It has helped to regulate my emotional instability. I am also on 100 mg of Pristiq which seems to compliment the overall effect."

procadman November 13, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I have used it for over 15 years. An EEG showed I had quite a bit of extraneous thought, a left and right hemisphere that had identical thought processes and a temporal lobe that was off the chart. Dexedrine changed my life. Unfortunately many Doctors are using outdated/outmoded technology and refuse to prescribe it."

Dude11 November 6, 2014

For ADHD: "Prior to beginning taking two 30 mg Zenzedi a day, my life consisted of a boring monotonous and down right annoying daily drudgery, which some refer to as work..... However, now, four months later, I'm buying a house, I have a better job in the same field which I absolutely love, I'm beginning to budget my money, and daily I plan for the future. Rather than living paycheck to paycheck and seeing no end in sight, I now have a fool proof plan to pay my bills on time and have enough left over to unashamedly spend on nonessentials. In short, my life has taken a turn for the best since starting this medication. Prior to this I never believed that any pharmaceutical could help anyone at all, but now, I see that I was just young and foolish."

SilasSilasSilas · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 18, 2014

Zenzedi (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I take two 20mg a day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). Details: -20 y/o female -diagnosed ADD for 4 years -tried Adderall (worked decently, bad crashes) and methylphenidate (nausea, motion sickness, didn't help ADD) -other conditions: severe depression, OCD PROS: -extremely helpful, like night and day -no jitter, tremor, etc -no crash CONS: -reduced appetite -*have to special order through Target pharmacy because most places don't keep it in stock"

Deano64 October 3, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Sexual Dysfunction, SSRI Induced: "Heightened sexual experience and multiple erections. At times orgasm may come faster but recovery is fast and frequent. "

Aria28 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 22, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "I would suggest anyone on this, to stop or take a break once you've noticed your reasoning, memory recall abilities becoming hindered. Even though I'm happy with the benefits of focus, it's not worth losing your short-term memory. Overtime, I noticed my math skills declined, followed by my word recall, spelling and now I can't remember stories or study material. It's extremely debilitating, I'm trying to figure out how to reverse the side effects."

Wolverine1999 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 27, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This worked from the very second I started on it 5 years ago; Helped me focus like never before, although being someone with OCD who noticed most things anyway, this magnified it 10 fold. Gave a reserve of energy that helped even when tired. Only side-effects were that you build up a tolerance rather quickly when it comes to the original effect, I began to grind my teeth as I slept, and Had the worst dry mouth ever...could drink a gallon of water in 2 minutes and still have the driest mouth ever. Would recommend."

Watchilla July 19, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for Narcolepsy: "Hopefully my experience will give some with Narcolepsy a little bit of relief taking this medicine. I started taking Dexedrine when I was 31 years old and 100 tablets of Dexedrine cost $5. I am now 71 years old and have been taking this for 40 years and I am still alive without any bad side effects that I am aware of. After taking Dexedrine, I finished nursing school and became an RN. Since that time I have retired. As a teenager in high school, I thought that studying was going to my bed with a book and falling asleep. If it wasn't for a clerical course, I would have never graduated as I couldn't fall asleep typing or taking shorthand. I was amazed how Dexedrine helped me. My does is 2 10 mg tablets 3 times a day."

NOELVM1 July 8, 2014

For ADHD: "I had to search to find a doctor willing to prescribe this because it is excepted from most malpractice insurance policies and the doctors are afraid they might get sued if something bad happens. So much better than Adderall which is a joke and it's cheaper. No side effects for me either going on or off the medicine but my ability to concentrate again is amazing."

Cubster June 6, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "Like Adderall without an increased heart rate and increased blood pressure. Also less "edgy"."

that kathydee lady · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 13, 2014

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) for ADHD: "This was one of many I tried. I was more satisfied with this one than any of the others. I never had headaches(with some I had terrible headaches!) the time release worked very well. Overall I rate this medicine the best in it's category."

Burchmissouri April 21, 2014

For Hypersomnia: "I sleep 18-22 hours a day. Dr. Prescribed this medication to help me sleep less. It was a miracle at first. I started to eat like never before . It does help to stay awake (very subtle). After about 35 days on it, I started to sleep more and more. Doctor changed dose to 15 mg twice a day. Eating out of control and I was very unaware of my maniacs. I'm now on 30 mg twice a day. Mania has slowed, eating is still over indulgent. "

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)