User Reviews for Dextroamphetamine to treat Hypersomnia

Also known as: Dexedrine, Zenzedi, ProCentra

Reviews for Dextroamphetamine

JJMissouri · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 15, 2015

"I was waaayy overly sleepy, I can sleep 12-18 hours then wake up still having a hard time and then take a nap 1-2 hrs later. This medicine now (started at 10mg) takes about 30min to kick in but will work. After time you do grow a tolerance to it and need to up it. But im just happy im not groggy and sleepy all day and can do things with my kids and go to work."

Burchmissouri April 21, 2014

"I sleep 18-22 hours a day. Dr. Prescribed this medication to help me sleep less. It was a miracle at first. I started to eat like never before . It does help to stay awake (very subtle). After about 35 days on it, I started to sleep more and more. Doctor changed dose to 15 mg twice a day. Eating out of control and I was very unaware of my maniacs. I'm now on 30 mg twice a day. Mania has slowed, eating is still over indulgent. "

free radical · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 12, 2013

"Of all the different ADHD meds out there the dextroamphetamine works best for me. I don't get shaky or jittery while on it. I take it very early in the morning because it takes at least two hours for it to begin to work, I can't get out of bed until the dextroamphetamine begins to wake my brain up. In fact I sleep very deeply while on this medicine and wake up feeling very rested and alert. I don't know what I would do if I didn't take this to wake up, without it I sleep 18 to 20 hours a night and still feel groggy and in a haze when I do finally get out of bed."

"Chelle August 26, 2009

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine): "There no material in side effects list that you may have a hard time with Novocaine. My dentist spent hours trying to figure out why he could not get me numb before he made the connection. Be forewarned that this is a potential problem. This drug all in all has improved the quality of my life drastically. 7 years and topped at 90 mg. I hit tolerance a long time ago, but it still does what it was designed to do. I am not looking for a high, I am looking for a life with alertness and this medicine has given me that. I personally trust this older proven medication. "

Learn more about Hypersomnia

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)