User Reviews for Benzonatate

Cough
4.9

Summary of Benzonatate reviews 4.8 373 reviews

Reviews for Benzonatate

For Cough: "Coughing for about 4 days and nothing helps my cough. I just filled this prescription today, Capsule form, 100 MG and I have take 2 ( 200mg) each time, and it does not change my cough at all"

Shelly October 2, 2018

For Cough: "Today was the first time I had ever taken this medication, due to having bronchitis and it worked great. It took away that tickle in my throat that made me feel like I needed to cough constantly. I still cough periodically, but nothing like it was without the medicine. I have used other prescription medications in the past and from my experience, this has helped the most."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Cough: "I have taken this medicine twice in the last year. Both times it has worked as its supposed to. Within 30 minutes of taking two 100 mg pearls, my cough is gone for 8-9 hours. I still cough once in a while but it's not a nonstop cough. This med helps me sleep all through the night."

Shell (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

For Cough: "I have had asthma my whole life. Over the years, numerous experiences of being hospitalized for pneumonia, severe asthma complications. Recently had to be hospitalized for MRSA pneumonia. A doctor recommended these for my coughing but I was hesitant about using another medication. After my most recent hospitalization, the doctor strongly recommended and agreed that trying this medicine with a cough medicine would help. Well it did!! Not everyone will have success with medications as others do but for me, it’s finally a huge relief! I don’t enjoy coughing so hard when my asthma flares up that I feel like vomiting, passing out and having my face turn red. So I’m grateful for this and time will tell how it works for the long term!"

Mtgrl59 (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Cough: "Was prescribed this medication for a cough associated with a viral infection. It has not helped at all. My cough actually seems worse when I take this medicine and I haven’t slept for 3 nights due to my cough. This medication does not work for me and I would not recommend it if asked."

KMVQ (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Cough: "It helps, though doesn't eliminate the cough. I am glad I have it and would recommend people give it a try. I did experience some sleepiness, but after a cough keeps one awake, that is a welcome feeling!"

Cougher! (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2018

For Cough: "I have taken this a few times. Shortly after taking it tonight and another night, my coughing fit has been so bad that I start shaking and trying to throw up. I read that it works for 1 in 3 people. Just not me."

Coughing is Worse with This (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Cough: "I was just prescribed this medication last night. I have had bronchitis many times in my life and thought that's what I had this time too. Went to a walk in clinic and the NP prescribed these "pearls" as well as Abuterol inhaler (which I haven't used yet), and also Mucinex. I've taken two pearls so far and stopped coughing!! I still cough to clear my throat occasionally but not like before! I had a virus in April 2017 and never really got rid of the cough until now! I would recommend this med to any one!"

Kpip (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

For Cough: "I was prescribed this and it doesn't work at all. I had a severe cough that wouldn't go away and I couldn't sleep at night. My mom gave me an old cough syrup with codeine for nights (she's broken ribs from her coughs), and a lidocaine gargle for my sore throat. My husband got OTC lozenges that also help numb the throat. I feel incredibly better than before, I wasted $10 on these junky pills."

Cheryl (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Cough: "Did nothing to suppress my coughing. Total waste."

Nadoro (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "I was prescribed these “cough pearls” for bronchitis and my new doctor said to continue taking Robitussin DM along with the pearls every 6 hours. That was 3 weeks ago and I’ve taken them religiously, but, still coughing my head off. Last year when I had bronchitis I was prescribed cough medicine with Hydrocodone which helped immediately. I’m going back to doctor and ask for the same cough medicine. I don’t think the cough pearls and robitussin are very effective with my bronchitis."

Blackbean Betty (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

Tessalon (benzonatate) for Cough: "Ineffective. Still coughing. Throat drops are a temporary relief from coughing until the drops dissolve completely. Had cough over a month."

Vitpow (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Cough: "I was prescribed this medication after I was coughing for about a month. I'm one of those people who react badly to drugs so I normally check what side effects to expect and then decide whether or not to take the drug. The side effects listed for this drug were discouraging but because I'd been coughing so long, I decided it was worth a try. But I wasn't going to use the inhaler which had its own list of terrible side effects and I chose instead to use a humidifier to help my breathing. About five minutes after I took the first capsule, I could feel the drug coursing through my system and after a short while, I was cocooned in an alter state. I felt like I was living in my own dream and I've been taking the drug for four days and I'm not sure if it's me doing the things I'm doing or I'm just dreaming. I also get nauseous and I've developed an on and off headache. It took care of my cough though and I'm happy with that so I'll try and see if I can stick with it to the end."

Madi July 10, 2018

For Cough: "does not have any effect on me... coughing is worse with this drug"

mashale68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Cough: "This medication worked very well for me. My cough was extreme. I took this medication with the combination of another drug and a prescription nasal spray for seven days to relieve my cough. No problems here."

Grandma Ma (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Cough: "Prescribed and took 100mg for cough at night. The cough kept me up all night. Might as well not have taken anything"

Josie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For Cough: "Have had a coughing problem went to dr they sent me to get x-rays then 3 min later I had the drug store call me saying they had a medicine for me. Well I took this for the first day felt like I was coughing worse then second day took antibiotic with this and yet again felt even worse and throwing up can't eat coughing fits hit me out of the blue."

Purdylili (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

For Cough: "I have been using this medication to suppress a chronic coughing that I have. This medication effectively stops my cough within 20 minutes of use. It is long lasting and I take it only when needed. I do not understand why this medication is not on the formulary of my Part D insurer. This is not a narcotic and is safer than many of the OTC alternatives."

xbrx (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

For Cough: "Worked completely opposite of indicated effects: -not drowsy; it's 3am and I'm wide awake writing this, eg. -cough became much worse immediately and up to 90 minutes after ingestion of one pearl. -had to use a Ventolin inhaler to curb the frequency and intensity of coughing fits. -no nausea, however."

benz-NO-tate June 20, 2018

For Cough: "Diagnosed with bronchitis 4 days ago and have been taking this med for 3 days now. Coughing is persistent and terrible. The meds are not working. At least the Doctor was upfront with me when he prescribed them and said, "these only work in 3 of 10 people." Will finish the rx, but would not recommend using."

Frustrated (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2018

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Have had a chronic cough for 8 months. Would wake up every night after being asleep for 4 or 5 hours with a terrible hacking cough that would last for several minutes. At first, x-ray for any lung disease then given medication by doctor to treat possible GERT. No help. Then medication for asthma, no help. Then medication for allergies, no help. Then was given Benzotatate. Coughing stopped almost immediately. Have used it for over a month now and have only woken once with a cough but it was not near as violent as my other coughing spells. Gentle cough and fell back asleep immediately. I've read some of these other reviews that it wasn't helpful but for me it was great."

Dave (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Cough: "it is useless and is a waste of money and if your doctor prescribes it--get another doctor!!"

looney June 12, 2018

For Cough: "I started taking the Perles last night after being discharged for having pneumonia. About 20 minutes after taking it I was extremely tired but unable to control my body movements. I was jerking a lot and had a sense of falling. Once I fell asleep I was woken the first time for an unbelievably bad dream. So bad that it took me a couple minutes to make sure of where I was and if I was still alive. Then I went back to sleep and was woken by an incredible coughing fit. I would strongly advise speaking with your Dr before accepting this rx"

Reba (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Took my first dosage and immediately started coughing. Took two more pills over the next two days then quit taking. A waste of time and no improvement."

Agitated (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Cough: "Did not work for me. Coughing from bronchitis. On albuterol nebulizer. Severe cough, painful breathing. This med did nothing."

Anonymous June 6, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...