User Reviews for Benzonatate

Also known as: Tessalon, Tessalon Perles

Cough 4.0

Reviews for Benzonatate

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 14, 2020

For Cough: “Acid reflux. Allergies, COPD. Benzonate works wonderful. ”

Mom4 June 3, 2020

For Cough: “Do NOT take Benzonatate!! After taking a z-pack that didn't work for bronchitis 2 1/2 months ago, I was finally prescribed amoxicillin but also Benzonatate. By day 5 I woke up feeling awful, took the Benzonate twice that day and by early evening I had chest pain, felt like I was being choked, it was painful to breathe and I had to lay down. I've tested negative for COVID and for the antibodies. I rested for a few hours that evening and started feeling a little better. I obviously stopped taking the Benzonate, and by the next day, I started feeling so much better. Never, have I experienced anything like this. If you are on this drug please stop taking it and opt for something proven to be safer.”

peanuts · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “I was prescribed Tessalon on 6/2 for cough. I took my first dose on 6/ 3 at 8 AM. At 9 AM I began to become sleepy and dizzy, my mouth, tongue and throat felt cold. I was still coughing. I slept until 10:30. AM. I was still coughing. It is now 3PM, I just got up again. I am still coughing and somewhat disoriented. I will never take this medication again. This is a dangerous drug.”

papa · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2020

For Cough: “worthless did nothing but make me dizzy & sleepy”

Little Mac · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

For Cough: “benzonatate did not help my cough at all. Made my vision fuzzy and I felt weird mentally. On day 3 I had a nosebleed which I haven't had in years and I'm still coughing. Stopped taking them.”

Betty · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “This pill is worse than taking nothing because I started coughing more after taking it.”

Pork March 4, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “I'm surprised the FDA well allow such a useless medication”

Lizzie March 2, 2020

For Cough: “Doctor prescribed this benzonatate for my cough/flu. They worked great for the cough, but I had an allergic reaction within two days and stopped taking them. I developed a severe rash all over my legs, almost like hives, and my joints became inflamed and sore. I could barely walk for three days due to the pain in my knees. It's been 5 days now and my rash has not gotten better. I wouldn't recommend this medication to anyone!”

TheMotley4 · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “These have never worked for me, yet that is all that anyone wants to prescribe!”

Kim · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

Tessalon (benzonatate) for Cough: “My doctor prescribed the tessalon perels for a bad cough due to the flu. It's working incredibly well. I've only been taking it for two days, 3x per day.”

Pearls don’t work · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “I have been prescribed this medicine for bronchitis the croup and now pneumonia over several months they absolutely do not work! They do nothing even when I take two at a time nothing helps. All the doctors are prescribing this they must be getting paid without reading the reviews waste of money and a scam.”

Anonymous February 24, 2020

For Cough: “I had a slight cough going into the doctors to get checked out for flu like symptoms. The doctor prescribed me these useless pills and an inhaler when my cough wasn’t terrible. 2 days later here I am with an even worse cough while taking these, I think it made my cough worse if anything”

Anonymous February 23, 2020

For Cough: “Hi I tried this Benzonatate For my coughing and all it does is make my coughing worse and make me want to throw up this is the worst kind of medication”

MrRed · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

For Cough: “Have been prescribed benzonatate twice. Took one 100mg pill every 4 hours. Completely useless. A dry unproductive cough, that plagued me for days and days, just kept right on going. Eventually took come left-over cough prescription with codeine in it that we had in the house. Stopped the cough in less than an hour. Benzonatate is worthless. Don't waste your time. If your doctor prescribes this, skip it. It isn't even worth an $8 prescription co-pay.”

Randy · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “I agree with the majority of respondents. These Perles have had no effect on my severe cough which has not allowed me to sleep for almost a week now. This is horrific!!”

Mimi · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

For Cough: “I was prescribed this medication for a cough associated with a cold but it did absolutely nothing for me except made me so drowsy & just wanted to sleep not a good thing when you need to go to work & drive, did nothing for my cough. I will not be taking this anymore I will be literally flushing it down the toilet because that's all its good for. Waste of money & time!!!”

edge · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

For Cough: “Have been prescribed this many times for cough and unfortunately it has never seemed to work.”

Me · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “Do absolutely nothing for me. Tried multiple had a cough. Even tried a double dose once. Never did any good. maybe made it worse yesterday, coughing for 2 hours straight. Need to rate as a Zero or 0 or Less.”

MrCough · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

For Cough: “benzonatate is utterly useless. Did nothing to stop nagging relentless dry cough as part of a bad cold. Used to be able to get Hycodan years ago from my doctor to stop a cough like this straight away. Now, everybody is so afraid to prescribe opioids that they let people suffer and hack, miss weeks of work, and tear up their lungs from 24 hours a day coughing. Benzonatate? What a joke. Bring on the codeine and the opiate cough medications. Those work. This does NOT.”

A · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2020

For Cough: “Diagnosed with a chest infection after surviving influenza b. Literally coughing for hours and days -night time was awful. to the point I wondered if a cough could finish me off. Was on antibiotics and prednisone for 3 days with no relief and a swollen throat and mouth. I called the dr after peeing my pants at a work meeting in front of 30ppl. Was so annoyed this is what they sent to the pharmacy ( expensive! And I wanted the real deal) HOWEVER I feel like they are saving my life right now! I managed to sleep for 5 hours straight before waking up to a 2 hour coughing fit. I read it’s important you space them out. You can only take 3 200mg/ day. They definitely improved my quality of life for the time being and are giving me hope! If I can rest between cough fits I feel like I’ll survive. I’m happy to not be pissing myself anymore!!”

Death cough · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 13, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “Tessalon Perles are useless for cough might you as well swallow a tic tac it would have the same effect for a cough. Three times now I have been given these and they do absolutely nothing for helping stop my cough. I event tried taking them more frequently and still no relief. Biggest joke ever for cough relief and tired of wasting my hard earned money on such a useless medication. I would rate these zero if it would allow however, I must choose a rating of one instead. My quality of life is still suffering I am still coughing so hard I urinate and have bowel movements unexpectedly. I am still crying each time I have a coughing fit gagging until I puke. My throat is raw and I have developed a tension migraine from coughing. I have been up four days now with very little sleep and am exhausted from coughing so hard.”

Anonymous February 9, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “Made my cough much worse. Robotussin MD is much better than this.”

Sue February 8, 2020

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: “I have bronchitis and upper respiratory infection, while taking these and an antibiotic. It has helped, just trying to find now what will help with a sinus headache and stuffiness”

M105 · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

For Cough: “I just took my third dose on benzonatate and it isn’t doing much for my cough. It seems to work for others, just not for me. I’m not impressed.”

Happycamper February 6, 2020

For Cough: “Use these all the time for my cough. Love them they work great for me”