User Reviews for Benzonatate systemic

Cough
4.8

Summary of Benzonatate reviews 4.8 396 reviews

Reviews for Benzonatate

For Cough: "I’ve been taking benzonatate for 2 days, prescribed to me by my doctors. Overall I have been coughing less, and less harshly. But it has made me drowsy and dizzy, and vomit after eating. Of course everyone is different"

Looey (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

For Cough: "Diagnosed with bronchitis, PA said he was giving me something for my cough. Assumed it was codeine cough syrup, but no, it was these gold pearls. I might as well be taking breath mints! No relief at all; coughing so hard my chest and ribs hurt. Can’t sleep lying down....brings on another coughing spasm..... One week on this medication, and I feel no better!"

Meeko (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

For Cough: "I was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday and prescribed Benzonatate for my cough. I had been coughing a little thru the day and it would become constant from dinner time till I went to bed. But once asleep I was fine and slept thru the night. WELL, after taking this medicine yesterday and last night my cough was worse than before. I had non stop coughing from about 9pm to 4am this morning. Needless to say, I will not take any more of this medicine!"

Cali (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2019

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Doesn’t work at all. Junk medicine. Cough is worse now. The only difference I see is no infection in the phlegm probably because of the antibiotic I’m also taking."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2019

For Cough: "Has no effect on me..completely disappointed by rx, cough has continued, although dr said ok to use with other OTC remedies I'm convinced they will counteract, steroid shot doesn't appear to have kicked in yet... another restless night of coughing"

Lila G (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Did not work at all. As a matter of fact I feel it made my cough worse."

Madd (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

For Cough: "I was hoping to get some relief from this hacking cough but after taking two pills of the benzonate I still can’t stop coughing. This medicine doesn’t work at all and I’ve had better results with a Halls cough drops."

Jenn Ij January 1, 2019

For Cough: "It seemed to be ineffective for me even after 4 days..."

Suffering mucous man (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

For Cough: "I've been coughing for 9 months and been through many different prescriptions and therapies. Once I started the perles, the coughing stopped, my lungs and ribs no longer hurt. I'm healing. Best medication ever."

Cougher (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2018

For Cough: "My daughter is almost 14 and was diagnosed with bronchitis and given an antibiotic and these Tessalon perked that were suppose to work miraculously for her constant hacking cough. Needless to say it's her second day on both meds and she has not improved at all, and her cough is still constant...why is it not helping?"

Nana (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Cough: "Dr. says I have bronchitis, gave me this for cough even though I requested codeine. I could not feel that this made a difference at all, and I was still up all night hacking and coughing. My Dr. said he would never prescribe anything with codeine because of the "regulatory environment". Stuff has been around since the 1950s and it works. Too bad. I bet he can sleep at night! Good riddance!!!"

Snipe (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "The best medicine I've taken for a cough. Told I found out that I have bronchitis. The coughing literally made my head and chest hurt. I took my first pill around 5pm, and stopped coughing minutes later. Just had my first cough so it lasted from about 5:30pm - 2:15am. It's still not as bad as it was before 5. My biggest issue are the nightmares I just had. They were vivid, and unlike any dream I've had before. Its was promoted me to seek out experiences from others."

Yaya (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2018

For Cough: "Was diagnosed with bronchitis. Usually get a z pack and cough syrup with codeine. Was given tessalone instead. My Dr. said I would be better in 3 days. It's been 9 days now, the perles didn't help at all. I'm still coughing up yellow sputum, and still feel horrible. I am not happy and my Dr. is going to hear about it."

Bob (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

For Cough: "Just got my prescription for my visit on the 2nd of December and just started this today. I hate it. It feels like I'm dying, like actually dying. Like SOMEONE is ripping my throat open severing my head from my neck. 1 every eight hours huh? I wanted to quickly get over this and get some much needed sleep so I went against the rules and drank Alcohol with the first one. It says "Alcohol my increase effects of drowsiness" but that is clearly a lie. I thought made Alcohol nullifies the effects but lower and behold 14 hours later and it worse than initially started."

とほほ December 4, 2018

For Cough: "I normally have a hacking cough with sinus drainage, allergies and with a head cold. Benzonatate (tessalon perils) always works great for me to combat the cough. I sometimes have strangling episodes due to a muscle spasm of the throat. When this happens, a coughing episode begins with and is severe enough I often cannot speak or breathe properly. This med also stops the tickle in throat."

Bamagirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2018

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "I was up all night coughing, my airways were raw. I was afraid to throw a rib out....took one gel capsule at 11:30 am am almost cough free still at 2:30 pm. No side effects, maybe a bit drowsy, but I slept so poorly that I don't know if the pill caused the sleepiness. I am very pleased with this prescription. I still feel miserable but at least am not racked with a dry cough. Which is exhausting. I can breathe. I'm sure it does not cure the cough, but it allows the body to heal. The constant hacking is dreadful and irritating to the airways."

Meg December 1, 2018

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "My coughing was non-stop. I couldn't speak in complete sentences. my doc gave me these yellow pearls and the cough was gone. It never came back. I took the entire prescription and the cough still didn't come back. this medication is the best."

lgdangit (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

For Cough: "I have acute bronchitis and I have always been prescribed a steroid inhaler and cough syrup with benadryl. This dr prescribed these little pearls and they haven't helped AT ALL. 3 days later and I'm still coughing nonstop. Will never use them again"

Coughing 4ever November 26, 2018

For Cough: "Benzonatate is a non-narcotic 'cough suppressant' that is basically your Doctor's way of telling you to go get well by yourself. If you're handed a prescription for this medication from a Dr who is smiling, that's not a smile, thats a grimace and a promise that your cough is around to stay. I'm told it actually makes the cough worse. If you see someone coughing on the street they are likely taking Benzonatate. I can't remember a time when I didn't cough. It's now a personality quirk that my co-workers have somehow learned to accept. People can always tell when I'm coming thanks to Benzonatate."

Salty Sow November 11, 2018

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "I have been using the Tessalon Perles for 5 days every 8 hrs and feel no difference. I still have quite the cough. I have had a Chest XRay that was insignificant. I am going to call my PCP and see if I can take more than 1 every 8 hrs. I am on decreasing dosages of Prednisone"

Nan (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2018

For Cough: "Went to Urgent Care for what I thought was pneumonia again. It was only an URI, but felt worse than the last time I had pneumonia. I was given this drug and had such high hopes of getting some rest. Well, here I am 4 doses later and it feels as though I'm breathing in water. No sleep and I'm so much worse. I cannot believe I paid to feel this way."

April (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2018

For Cough: "Prescribed for a secondary infection. This med did nothing for me. I feel I'm coughing more than before I was prescribed this med. Still coughing."

Wendy (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

For Cough: "This is second time this year that my doctor has prescribed this medication for hacking terrible cough...I swear they made it worse the first time I took them and yep, same thing again!! Can barely breathe between coughs, so much worse...I’m allergic to codeine so they’re all I can take... they suck!!"

Kd599 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

For Cough: "Coughing for about 4 days and nothing helps my cough. I just filled this prescription today, Capsule form, 100 MG and I have take 2 ( 200mg) each time, and it does not change my cough at all"

Shelly October 2, 2018

For Cough: "Today was the first time I had ever taken this medication, due to having bronchitis and it worked great. It took away that tickle in my throat that made me feel like I needed to cough constantly. I still cough periodically, but nothing like it was without the medicine. I have used other prescription medications in the past and from my experience, this has helped the most."

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...