User Reviews for Benzonatate (Page 2)

Also known as: Tessalon, Tessalon Perles, Zonatuss

Learn more about Benzonatate.

Cough 238 reviews 789 medications

5.3
Summary of Benzonatate reviews 238 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Benzonatate

For Cough: "Hello Not wanting to just believe everything you read and wanting to trust my medical team. I tried one pearl today. I need something to quite a dry cough that won't end. Otherwise my vitals are good - no fever - no mucus - no strep. Within an hour of taking one pearl - i just feel weird. Head is buzzing. I would not be comfortable in a group setting. It may help my cough but I feel stoned. Why can't we have open discussions with MDs about using lows dose codeine without feeling we are drug addicts. I have some 5mg hydro + 325 Acetaminophen that create none of what I am feeling now. However;I do not have the cough though so it does work. Conclusion: Not a fan. It appears to work. I do not prefer this solution."

bones58gdi (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "I feel like I cough even more after taking this. It is not effective at all."

Kpinn (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "This is the second time I've tried these for that awful cough I get with a common cold. These do nothing to help suppress it. Both times I've been prescribed it, I've ended up going back to the doctors for further help. This medication does nothing to help my cough at all. Wish it did..."

NellyKW January 23, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "I saw no difference in my cough using these pills. It was still horrible and kept me up at night and lasted several days"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "Totally useless drug. Took 100 mg/3 times a day for 5 days Some relief from hacking cough for a few hours but cough returned much worse. Will see my MD tomorrow for another medication. Total waste of time with this medication."

jimG10026 (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "Doesn't seem to last as long as the codeine, but the syrup was making me gag. Besides drowsiness, I don't seem to have any side effects."

Coughcough (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "I've had bronchitis for two weeks and the tessalon pearles have not worked for me. What has worked, to sleep at night, is taking 2 Benadryl liquigels at bedtime. During the day I drink a lot of water, suck on ricola extra strength cough drops, and I have an albuterol inhaler."

Don't Work (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "I got checked by the Urgent clinic today who were very helpful. Upon being diagnosed with Bronchitis I was prescribed the 100mg Tessalon. I SPECIFICALLY asked the doctor if this would make me drowsy, because I am a teacher and have to return to work ASAP. Nope, he assured. Well, not only did I spend the rest of the evening hiding from lights and sounds due to an explosive headache (which ached every time I coughed) but my temp went up and I am now extremely exhausted. What is the deal with this stuff?? I haven't stopped coughing and feel ten times worse."

Coughity cough January 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "Don't waste your time."

JerryGard January 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia and maybe Bronchitis. After 3 weeks of feeling really bad, with all flu symptoms. Coughing, sore throat and feeling crummy, I finally went to the Dr. She prescribed Benzonatate 100mg 3x a day as needed. Plus Amoxcillan. Took 3 doses yesterday of the Benzonatate 2 today before deciding that it was making me worse. After reading reviews, I see that I'm not the only one experiencing theses side effects. I feel like I'm coughing up a Lung, (I'm sure my neighbors hate me) fever, night sweats, headache so bad feels like my head will explode. Depressed...decided not to take anymore and still have side effects day 3. Calling Dr. In the morning. Correction in a few hours. It's 5:30 a.m. no sleep. Do not recommend."

Kay1423 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "They work!"

Momma knows what works baby January 13, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "Have had this cough since middle of Dec. My cough is so bad it took a couple doses to see good results, but if I didn't take these at bedtime I wouldn't sleep at all. Have had to sit up to sleep. Can now lay down and sleep all night."

Nancy L. C-M January 12, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "I was prescribed benzonatate for an upper respiratory infection. I've had a horrible tickle in my throat at night and can't sleep. It has helped my cough but I've noticed it wears off after about 3 hours. Only side effect I've had is mild headache."

hnc January 11, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Did not experience much relief of cough but found myself running to the bathroom multiple times at night. Will probably discontinue, had I tried before work, this could have been a nightmare!"

Jk01123 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "A sudden fit of nonstop coughing landed me at doctor's office. Nothing over the counter helped. I felt like my ribs were cracked and pain was awful. My Dr prescribed Tessalon Perles 100 MG. No more cough and no side effects. I am back to normal. "

Cracked ribs (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "Been on it 2 days, does 0 for me. Cough is still horrible! Don't waste your money."

Del822 (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "I was prescribed this for bronchitis. I have a persistent cough that keeps me awake. This medicine seems to work really well for about 3 hours max and then it's like a light switch goes off and I wake up coughing like a maniac. I'm supposed to take it 3 times a day as needed but I have no idea what as needed means. I need it at night every 3 hours. I'm allergic to codeine, so I got this prescription instead. I have never heard of this medicine so I'm a little hesitant to take more than prescribed. I miss the days when a doctor prescribed hard core, let's get rid of this cough, medicine. My entire body aches from the cough alone and no one is getting much sleep in my house. :)"

Can't Stop Coughing December 31, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "This may help for a couple hours at most but then I'm right back to coughing that gut wrenching cough again. I was hesitant to try this over the codeine cough syrup in the first place but was assured it was highly effective. I was up all night again coughing. I'm so sick and so upset."

Coughing my head off (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "Useless. Coughs are still really bad and frequent. Took more than the directions said to see if that would help and let's just say don't do that."

Anonymous 1990 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "This product never worked for me. I'm so sick of doctors trying new stuff. Doctors can give me what I know works or I can find another doctor. The older I get the more I start feeling like a guinea pig!"

TED77243 December 29, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "I started this a few days ago, after I was told by the Clinic that it would work well for me because it was a "non narcotic" however, I found that it only provides temporary relief. it does nothing to help fight the infection causing the cough. I was told to stop taking other OTC Medicines. But this really didn't do anything"

constantcougher (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "have been taking them for two days now and have seen no change in my cough, especially at night, I coughed all night. tempted to go to the drugstore tomorrow and ask for something they can recommend. I think tonight I am going to take something else."

cougher1227 December 27, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "Was prescribed this for violent cough and bronchitis. Works for maybe an hour but I cannot take this during the day because it makes me sooooo drowsy. I want to be able to take it more but I took one pill and almost slept for a straight 24 hours."

Cdawg123 December 24, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Cough: "Was prescribed this medicine for cough due to severe sinus infection. It did absolutely nothing - ugh. Waste of time and money."

Lolagirl1111 December 22, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "I have had my respiratory virus for quite some time which had turned into a infection. I was up all night coughing and with a tickle in my throat. Could not even get a quick nap in I was coughing so much. I decided to bust out the Tessalon Pearls my doc prescribed me a year or so back.. after trying DayQuil and NyQuil severe which didn't seem to be working whatsoever for my cough. I took 100 milligram Pearl and within 20 minutes the urge to cough Reduce by at least 50% I'm amazed at how quickly it works and can't wait to fall asleep for the first time in days. I would suggest trying this before going to the more sedate of a narcotic and of things with the cough syrup definitely worth it and way less symptoms and side effects."

SicklyOneCoughing December 21, 2016