User Reviews for Benzonatate (Page 2)

Also known as: Tessalon, Tessalon Perles, Zonatuss

Learn more about Benzonatate.

Cough 209 reviews 788 medications

5.6
Summary of Benzonatate reviews 209 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Benzonatate

For Cough: "This stuff does not work on me... All I feel is tired and dizzy. No cough suppressant at all. Super frustrating."

Hacking a Lung! (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

For Cough: "no relief worthless"

847 December 8, 2016

For Cough: "Worked great for my cough, however gave me nightmares. After reading other reviews and research about it causing these nightmares. I found it was because I took it with nicotine patch, albuteral, prednisone and antidepressant (prescribed for quitting smoking) ...I wish I had known that would/could happen. I would never have taken it. Going to be a long day at work tomorrow. Yaaaaawn."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2016

For Cough: "Absolutely worthless. I went to a clinic on Thanksgiving day and was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection. The doctor prescribed this and my cough has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY worse. I'm completely irritated. I can't sleep, and I'm about to go to the drug store and just buy some damned cough syrup. I'm not surprised at all to see all the one-star reviews. Wish I could give it ZERO."

Scott S. November 26, 2016

For Cough: "took this pill several years ago and glad I kept it. Has been my go to cough relief RX. I have used when I had Bronchitic episodes and once it went into my ear.I had to get drops for ear s for that) anyway what ever these pills are I recommend them. sure I could get cough med with Codine but this just works for me with less side effects. I actually have no side effects with this cough pill. For me it was and still is a life saver as I must be able to function during the day. it did give me cough relief and as I said no side effects for me and I tend to be very sensitive."

mature user November 25, 2016

For Cough: "This drug works on me if the cough is non productive and mild. If I have an active cough, bronchial asthma or a viral infection the meds do not work, at least not at 100mg."

Freflyer November 21, 2016

For Cough: "Not impressed. Absolutely no relief. None! My cough has gotten worse. I can not stop coughing and I'm going crazy! I'm allergic to codeine, so my options are limited, but my next stop will be over the counter. No sense in wasting money on air when you can't breathe!"

2 Dwarfs November 16, 2016

Tessalon (benzonatate) for Cough: "Tessalon has been extremely effective in controlling a cough and starts working immediately. This med is wonderful."

Anonymous November 15, 2016

For Cough: "Severely asthmatic for over 45 years. When my pulmonologist who had been giving me cough syrup w codeine retired, the new doc suggested I try perles. Been using them about 6 months. I found them very helpful during an episode of flu. I have had less spectacular results during allergy-related exacerbations. I find them useful at concerts, movies, lectures, which I had previously left due to asthma episodes. I find they work best for me if I take them 3x a day (i.e. for prevention) during allergy season, or an exacerbation. At other times, they are part of the various meds available to handle situations. Doc said OK to take 6 in 24 hrs when needed. Cheaper than many asthma Rx I scored them 7 on the 10 scale for effectiveness"

MizLoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2016

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Made the cough completely vanish, but had a pretty bad headache couples with constant drowsiness and light dizziness. Definitely worth it, but awful when i have to get a lot done at night (which i often do). Overall: They get the job done, but it ultimately you must weigh the cough vs the side effects."

LeFowler November 14, 2016

For Cough: "I was having very bad drainage, kept coughing nonstop, nasal drip, no energy, and headache. I went to the doctor and was prescribed Sudafed,amoxicillin,and this. The Sudafed and the amoxicillin have worked but this not at all. I am still coughing and if anything I think it's gotten worse. I can't sleep because I am coughing so bad and I am noworking to the point where coughing has turned my throat red. This may work for some but has not done ANYTHING for me. I wasted $29 on a prescription that doesn't work. Not happy."

BR10golf November 13, 2016

For Cough: "This stuff does nothing, wasted $6.....years ago ,doctors gave you cough syrup w codeine ....that stuff knocked the cough right out! I got 3 different scripts and I'm still gagging n coughing........antibiotics next"

Csx November 13, 2016

For Cough: "It works well for me when I'm really sick and unable to stop coughing. I can't take codeine because it makes me sick. This does not."

Unnamed Ling November 9, 2016

For Cough: "Since a very bad attack of acute bronchitis landed me in the E.R. two years ago, I have had a chronic dry cough. Nothing I couldn't live with, just mildly annoying. But...every time I succumb to a cold now, it rapidly becomes a lung infection with a horrible, hacking, non-productive cough. Such is the case right now. After not getting any sleep last night, coughing every couple minutes, I went to my doctor this morning, and she prescribed antibiotics and 200 mg every 8 hours of the Benzonatate. Within about 45 minutes, I had no cough. I have so far not felt any side effects, I just took my second dose half an hour ago, and my lungs are still quiet and peaceful. I am confident that tonight I will actually get some good sleep. :)"

AMY1956 November 9, 2016

For Cough: "Got this medicine prescribed by my dr but it didn't work for me. I have bronchitis have been taking it now for 9 days and no relief. The only thing it did for me was add a headache to my symptoms I am already feeling like crap was hoping for relief not new problems."

Bronchitis November 8, 2016

For Cough: "Got the flu and couldn't stop coughing. I've worked in pharmacy for years and people always rave about how good these are at stopping cough so when I got a prescription for them I was excited for the relief. They DO NOT WORK. They do not even slightly work. Maybe if you have a mild case of a cold or sinus issues but my experience with the flu was these didn't even tame my cough."

Flu Cougher (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2016

For Cough: "4 days I've been taking this medication and it hasn't done anything what so ever! I can't get any rest because I'm coughing my brains out. I'm coughing so hard that I'm throwing up. My head is pounding. I will stop this so called "cough suppressant" today and go to the store and buy me some over the counter Robitussin because that works better than than this Prescription I had to pay outta pocket for because my insurance didn't cover it. I wouldn't recommend my worse enemy to take this medication!"

ACUTE BRONCHITIS October 27, 2016

For Cough: "I was prescribed this medicine (100MG) after diagnosed with acute bronchitis. I took this med almost for a week. No improvement, still coughing with lot of mucus. Useless."

Nick8889 October 26, 2016

For Cough: "It didn't make a difference taking Benonatate 100MG. It didn't help at all. May as well just drank a glass of water and not took it. Stupid medicine....waste of my money!"

Dee1213 September 28, 2016

For Cough: "Its worked wonders for me."

Pudu (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2016

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Was prescribed Tessalon Pers. following E.R. visit for Bronchospasm / Bronchitis. It works well for controlling the cough.....However, caused G.I. Upset after using it for a few days. Therefore, stopped taking it. Worked well for one problem.....caused another. Will be taking Mucinex today and hope for relief without having to spend so much time in the bathroom !! Thank you ~"

Azre (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "I had asthma as a child and can tell you getting sick in the winter always leads to bronchitus horrible coughing fits so much to dry heaving being unbearable. Im 30 so now experienced in having that winter cold no longer do i need antibiotics as the respitory infections become less and less ive found running jogging or swimming staying in cardiovascular health is the best way to avoid this disaster , but these tessalon perle that first time ive had them this year work miracles for me they almost instantly subdue the coughs two pills at a time i experience no side effects other than drowsy and they are perfect for night when your body is slowing down the cough is coming back and its impossible to sleep when you need that rest"

Guy who gets bronchitus every (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Cough: "I'm at day 7 of 100 mg/pill, three times a day. I have had no relief with coughing. I believe this med., is weak at best towards helping limit my cough."

Zogman September 16, 2016

Tessalon Perles (benzonatate) for Cough: "Doctor prescribed 100mg perles. I am still coughing like crazy, congested and can't breathe. I wanted promethazine DM cough syrup (NOT the codeine one - as I don't do well with codeine). Doctor prescribed these stupid things instead. Kaiser does not cover the cough medicine that works."

Breeta (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Cough: "I've been coughing so much which brings me to puke daily now on this it's great doctor prescribed this as I am a smoker and I had a slight upper respiratory infection"

Evaki (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016