User Reviews for Acetaminophen / codeine

Also known as: Aceta w/ Codeine, Capital w/Codeine, Capital with Codeine Suspension, Cocet, Cocet Plus, Codrix, EZ III, Phenaphen with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine #2, Tylenol with Codeine #3, Tylenol with Codeine #4

Cough
8.2

Osteoarthritis
7.8

Pain
5.1

Summary of Acetaminophen/codeine reviews 5.4 145 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/codeine

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: "I was on norco for years. Helped my pain. Then our wonderful government DEA starts to threaten our doctors and now I'm on T4 and it absolutely does nothing for my pain. I'm tired of this rubbish! Drug abusers have nothing to do with responsible people who need pain relief! When I pick up my meds I feel like I am a criminal!!!"

in pain man October 2, 2018

For Pain: "This was the most awful experience with a drug I’ve ever taken. I was up for 24 hours because I could not fall asleep, nauseated, and having brutal anxiety/paranoia. This was prescribed after I had a painful surgery. I was relatively healthy considering I lost a massive amount of weight. Others had great experiences, but unfortunately it doesn’t work with me. A waste."

Leoleo (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Works great for my pain due to a torn Achilles tendon. Unfortunately with the current paranoia surrounding pain medications, good luck getting Tylenol 3. There are no doctors who will even write you a script for it anymore and will instead tell you to get OTC Advil or Tylenol."

Toronto416 (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "First I must let you know I have a congenital disability that has become more severe as in pain and at my age of sixty-seven. I am some what more concern over my pain medication, which has today became a much more challenging issue in obtaining. Anyway, it is almost impossible for me to obtain good pain medication without jumping through many hoops, which I am sure some of you are now experiencing . Boy would I love to discuss that issue with you, anyway I have found that Tylenol with Codeine #3 is somewhat easy for me to get a prescription for, and it will work well with my Methadone I am now on for pain. So, sure I do believe Tylenol with Codeine is a good choice, it is very affordable, and for us with pain, it is for now. Somewhat less challenging to get our hands on, I just wish the medical model and those in control of our pain medication understand, they are actually harming us with severe pain. We don't sell our medication, because we need every pill...good luck friends."

Zegota June 14, 2018

For Pain: "Prescribed 150 every 25 days. 6x daily. I believe that's the highest recommended dose. Usually don't even work well to help pain but I don't want to go to pain management."

SlimShady (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2018

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: "Have been on these pain meds for 25 years, name brand McNeil. Take one with every meal and at bed time. When I moved from California to Georgia they started me on the generic ones. They do not help with the pain I suffer everyday, and it does a number on upsetting my stomach an causing breakthrough migraines that I suffer from due to the lesion to my right temporal lobe. I pray to God that physicians will stop pushing generics as good as name brand ones, when they are not."

Cricket (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2018

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I have a cavity that is deep into the root of my tooth that is causing me a lot of pain went to dentist and they are going to end up pulling it. But in the mean time gave me Tylenol with codeine and it won't even touch the pain!"

Becca92 February 20, 2018

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I have really bad pain/fibromyalgia/osteoarthritis possibly. My pain doctor prescribed me this pill, and it has been a godsend. The only side effect I get, is nausea. I take a Zofran if it’s bad, it really helps my pain. It helps me function in life again."

queencarol (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2018

For Pain: "Toothache, throbbing. It gave me 20 minutes relief if that, then pain right back. HORRID!"

Anonymous January 23, 2018

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I have chronic lower back pain with scoliosis and some lumbar area degenerative disease. Tylenol 3 is the only drug that my Drs will prescribe. The problem is it keeps me awake all night. I consequently use it sparingly and I live in pain. I had an epidural today and pray for some relief when meds kick in."

Lucyhipp (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I have been having severe pain due to an infection in my cheek from my wisdoms. I went to the Emergency because it was on a weekend that I experienced this pain and was prescribed T3's and Amoxicillin for the infection. After taking 2 T3's and waiting an hour, the pain still seems to be throbbing. I don't know if it works for different people or what, but I am for sure disappointed and frustrated"

Adriana1234 December 4, 2017

For Cough: "I was prescribed Tylenol with Codeine #3 30/300 to take two tablets every 4-6 hours. It worked wonders for both my cough and the pain related to my severe bronchitis I have read some double-blind studies that show that the fact that many people View codeine as inferior to, say, hydrocodone, is simply not true."

Wonderingall November 17, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I have been taking triptans on and off over the past 7 years even tho I favour homeopathic and naturopathic medicine over prescriptions drugs, but was desperate as suddenly getting migraines after menopause for the first time! After finally suffering rebound headaches as my Dr. did not warn me, I couldn't sleep or was being woken up with pain, so asked for tylenol 3 for the pain and after taking one a day solely for only 2 weeks, I was off the triptans, it felt like a miracle! However, once over the hurdle, don't take codeine for a long time as that can cause rebound headaches as well, but it got me thru!!"

Jilly-May November 8, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Have been given this several times for pain, and it never does anything for the pain. The only thing these cause is exhaustion, so I guess they would be good for sleeping."

Anonymouz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Tylenol with Codeine #3 does nothing for me.. plain aspirin is more effective. I have been prescribed Codeine several times, many times even, over my lifetime, and each time. It seems as if I took nothing at all. I don't know why, but I just shake my head and even laugh, when they prescribe it.. After trying it yet again, thinking it was just a mistake, or they made it better.. again, it does absolutely nothing to relieve pain. I take several of them, and usually about halfway through the prescription, given me by the doctor, I switch to plain aspirin, to get some relief from pain."

Joseph777 (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Tylenol 3 did not work for me. I was suffering from unbearable pain from a tooth infection that kept me up all night. after 30mins the pain did not go away. After 1 hour still no relief. I wouldn't recommend this medicine to anyone."

T3 October 12, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Suffered a SAH (sub-arachnid brain hemorrhage 7 years ago and have been taking T-3's regularly in order to deal with post incident headaches, which can be quite sudden onset primarily due to exertion at work (lots of physical work in agriculture sector). Headaches are caused by blood trapped in my cerebral spinal fluid until it can break down small enough to pass back through the membrane - zanthochromas. After taking this dosage of up to 6 tablets a day I was quite concerned about my liver functionality, however I just was tested pre-op for rotator surgery and was pleased to still have 97% functionality. Ask your dr.for a functionality test in order to make an informed decision before continuing it's use, it may not be adverse for you."

brent7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 12, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "My two front teeth were progressively getting worse in pain from two nights ago when I had hit my teeth really hard. 7/10 pain scale last night/this morning - To the point where no toothache remedies were working anymore, including OTC pain medicine (which never worked from the start). Was prescribed Tylenol 3 this morning from the dentist as we wait to do a root canal on one tooth, the other tooth may just be bruised as it shows no sign for a root canal needed. It has been 2 hours and the medicine has extremely barely done anything. Waiting on doc to approve better medication."

Natalala August 7, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Took literally 45 minutes to kick in when I have severe debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and I had a bad fall, went to ER gave me this while I went in for x-ray still no relief. Finally 45 mins I can feel my pain slightly go away."

Hippie11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I was prescribed Tylenol with codeine for when my gallstones act up. Well it does nothing for me. This last episode of pain woke me up out of my sleep, took my Tylenol with codeine and 30 minutes later, no relief. To top it off, because I had no relief from the pain I ended up puking.....ugh! I'm better off with the ibruprofen 600mg I have from the birth of my son."

Gallymommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "After I was discharged from intensive care, I reported no pain, and no pain killers were given previously. After given Tylenol 3 in liquid form, and I started to experience pain with an extra large headache. The pain was in my eyes, temples, and ears not to mention throat. I got cold and my legs started to shake. Then I experienced more swelling in my throat than before, but I thought that this was post op normal. After the second dose I started to panic quietly inside and I couldn't get liquid Advil out of my mind! The nurse only had tablets, so my husband arrived and rushed me to the pharmacy to get some Chldrens liquid Advil, and 30 minutes later I was pain free! I'm not touching my prescription for Tylenol 3 and will tell the doc ASAP."

Post Tonsilletomy Girl (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: "I was in great pain. This drug helped me immensely."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I have had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago. To deal with the pain after my numbing injections wore off, I was prescribed Tylenol 3. When I got home, the pain from the operation was already starting to kick in, so I took one at 5 pm (which was when I got home) in hope of relieving my pain before trying to get to bed. I sat there in pain for the next 12 hrs, taking another pill every 4 hrs, and not a single bit of pain relief or drowsiness came to my aid."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

For Pain: "Horrid drug, caused irg heart beat and problems breathing."

Johnny_Pain March 1, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Post abdominal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repairs and bladder lift. I was prescribed toradol 10mg scheduled every 6 hours with tylenol 3 every 4-6 as needed. As long as I don't go any longer than those minimum times I do okay with about a 4 pain level. I haven't been pain free yet but I guess that's to be expected.....tylenol 3 has worked ok but does start to wear off towards the end of the 4 hours. I must wait....it is a shame though that there is so much abuse of narcotic strength drugs like norco...they are extremely effective for post surgical pain....they are very addictive and Drs don't even like prescribing them much anymore"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017