User Reviews for Acetaminophen / codeine

Also known as: Aceta w/ Codeine, Capital w/Codeine, Capital with Codeine Suspension, Cocet, Cocet Plus, Codrix, EZ III, Phenaphen with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine #2, Tylenol with Codeine #3, Tylenol with Codeine #4

Learn more about Acetaminophen/codeine.

Cough 9 reviews 788 medications

Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 350 medications

7.6
Pain 108 reviews 1102 medications

5.2
Summary of Acetaminophen/codeine reviews 120 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Acetaminophen/codeine

For Pain: "Mildly helped back pain"

Vf3213 January 21, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: "I had a sudden violent cough that has lasted over a month. I have seen 5 different doctors, 3 sets of chest x-rays, CT Scan, 3 rounds of antibiotics, 4 different cough medicines, Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) and 2 trips to the ER once was from coughing so hard I popped a rib out of place. I also have an appointment with a specialist. So far No One has been able to tell me what is causing the cough hopefully the specialist will be able to come up with an answer. The ONLY thing that would give me any relief from the cough was Tylenol 3 with Codeine. I have to take it every 4-5 hours and in my line of work I am not allowed to work taking 120-150 mg of codeine so I am currently on medical leave until I can see the specialist."

Nightshadow January 17, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "After gallbladder surgery was prescribed this for at home pain management (I can't take Vicodin) and while it definitely kicks in after about 30 minutes it wears off way too fast. Halfway through my wait till the next dose timeframe pain is in full swing again. Ugh."

AllieRayFLA January 11, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "My discs are degenerative, and I had a back surgery 20 years ago that failed. At the time, I was given 2 T-4's every 4 hours. That made working almost tolerable. Long story short, 2 surgeries later and I am prescribed a T-4 every 6 hours. I am in chronic pain and will be (most likely) and have no life due to it. Since the DEA now prescribes for me, I guess I will just have to shrivel up and die. Having raised a teenaged son, Norco's were quite popular 9 years ago and that's what has contributed to this travesty. I do not deny there are drug seekers, however, I am on disability at 56 because I cannot get enough relief to be a dependable worker anymore and it is, quite literally, killing me slowly. "

kelrebec (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Fractured two fingers and did absolutely nothing for the pain"

Jessfm December 13, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I have chronic pain due to Endometriosis and trust me, not pleasant at all but with this medication, it helps. It may not be as strong as I would like it to be but I'm ok it does something. I just don't want to rely on pain meds because of my daughter. However, it times of great overwhelming pain, I take one of these and a ambien and I'm out cold. Upside is I met my out of pocket and deductible so its free till end of year."

EndoBlows (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Have suffered with Fibro & arthritis for years. Nothing has helped, including Lyrica, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Nambutome. I was prescribed Tylenol3 in late Sept. Its now December & just one Tylenol 3 a day has helped remarkably, & eliminates Nambutome 2x day plus Xanax to help me sleep. Finally, something that helps & my PA is mortified to continue prescribing!!!"

Rinney December 4, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Have been taking T3 or T4 for post-surgery pain. Have discovered that as long as I take either one, my pain persists but once I stop MY PAIN GOES AWAY! Also found that NSAIDs increase the pain (had basal joint replacements in both thumbs). But I do have to say that both Ts are effective for my hip bursitis; just not worth the thumb pain when I take it. Hoping the MD can give me something for my hip that won't impact my thumbs..."

Granny Goose 75 October 20, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I was given tylenol #3, initially, for a severe injury, it had no effect on the pain. I revisited the issue with my doctor and was put on tylenol #4. At supposedly double the narcotic in the tablet, I was shocked at how little the pain reliever accomplished. However, a cough I'd had with a cold was lessened...not useful in the purpose of pain relief. I decided to be frank with my doctor and ask why I was being given such low dose/ineffective pain relief for something as serious as my injury, especially given that I have no history of drug abuse...fear of the DEA was the answer I finally received after pushing past much circular logic dissuasion from my doctor. The DEA is the reason my pain is not being managed. This is a travesty."

Shocked and Unhappy in the USA (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Today I got a root canal and wisdom tooth pulled, my mouth was throbbing! I took my Tylenol 3 like 20mins ago and the pain is gone."

Kayla Gil October 12, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "It's been an hour and a half, took recommended dosage, it's done NOTHING."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I have chronic neurological pain as well as lower back/hip pain. As I have aged (I'm 52) dealing with chronic pain has evolved for me. In my 30's and 40's my primary care Dr at the time prescribed T3 as well as hydrocodone and morphine extended release. Have to say,my pain was obliterated, I didn't feel pain heck I didn't feel anything. I was a mess and had such a high tolerance that my daily life consisted barely getting up off the couch. Fast forward to the present. I now live in a different state and have a great new primary care physician. I have bee taking Lyrica for neurological pain in my feet- which didn't work well for me. So she prescribed Gabapentin 800mg twice a day and Tylenol 3 twice a day as needed."

Happyhousewife (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I need a root canal, given tylenol #3 until appointment, still in sooo much pain. Took two and still feel like havnt taken anything"

Jenna718 October 10, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I have herniated discs in my lower back, I have been on 10mg/325mg norco 4 times daily for 11 months. All of a sudden this other pain doctor I was forced to see since mine disappeared put me on T4's which are complete JUNK! I would rather take nothing at all... I feel like I am just flooding my liver with tylenol for nothing... The DEA needs to stop threatening doctors with jail and let them do their jobs. I'm sorry but just because some junkies decided to shoot heroin and die doesn't give them the right to deny me quality Healthcare... I AM PISSED because I am in PAIN! I DON'T WANT TO GET HIGH I JUST WANT RELIEF!"

Herniated discs l4/l5 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Removed tonsil was very painful. By chance I found that Tylenol 3 and aspirin combined to remove ALL pain. I take aspirin regularly but it wears off in about 4 hrs. So my first T-3 acted in conjunction with the aspirin, then wore off. So I took another T-3 and nothing happened. I realized I needed another aspirin. I took another adult aspirin - the fire went away. Then I called my Dr. He said "We know that but we don't rec it because aspirin causes some to bleed. You've been taking it a long time and you don't bleed." Tylenol 3 will also stop a severe cough, where nothing else works, e.g., from bronchiectatsis."

jwwright September 9, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "It is not strong but took away most of the pain but kept me awake. Percocet is better."

Drogosa (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Have infection in back Moller tooth. Was prescribe Tylenol #3. Contrary to most experiences' the meds did wonders!!! Don't know if I could have lasted in that pain. I've done grugs before for recreation so I know I have a tolerance, but meds still worked."

cutey (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Pain: "Recently had my wisdom teeth pulled and I have constant throbbing on my left side. I'm sitting here in bed at 00:03 and it's not helping. This is the second night with no sleep."

Sherlocktalia (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Tylenol 3 is no good. It does not work at all and I can't sleep and is bad for the liver.was a waste of $."

31 yr old (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "Sprained ankle. Took the pain away"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I took this after my breast reduction surgery for lingering pain. I can say that aside from serious constipation, this works great. I'd describe its effect as "doesn't really lower the pain level, but makes you not care that you're in pain". I definitely didn't want to take too much of it -- the constipation sucks, and feeling that "two drinks in" dizziness isn't exactly fun times -- but for what it was, it did the job."

Alexicography (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "My wisdom tooth got infected(pericoronitis) and the left side of my face is currently throbbing. I was prescribed penicillin along with ibuprofen 600mg. The penicillin takes a few days to kick in and ibuprofen does absolutely nothing. I called the doc back and they prescribed Tylenol #3. At first I was excited to relieve my pain, but after about 2 hours into my medication I still felt no relief. I hate pills and generally don't take anything on a regular basis(2 Advil for headaches when they rarely occur) so I don't have a tolerance for medicine. Tylenol #3 did absolutely nothing for me. Might as well have not taken anything at all. Garbage!"

T3Hater August 2, 2016

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: "I fell on concrete and they called it a chest wall contusion. Fractures don't always show up on x-ray. They gave me tylenol 3 because if I wasn't moving, I had no pain. Well, it's been over a week and I tried to work my physical labor job...PAIN!! This med hasn't helped me much except for sleep. However, I did wake up at times in pain. Too much tylenol can do liver damage so be careful not to take to much."

Mospel July 21, 2016

For Pain: "Didn'T even come close to aleiviating the intense pain from root planing and transplant."

Gum graft (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

For Pain: "I am annoyed to the nines that the medicine they prescribed to me for my broken ankle -broken in 3 places with a need for surgery - is also prescribed for sprains and hurt wrists and dental work. I am in so much pain that I cannot sleep. I have a decently high pain tolerance, and this is ridiculous. My body is shaking from the pain of just resting my leg, and this medicine is doing absolutely nothing."

BrokenAndPained (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016