User Reviews for Acetaminophen / codeine

Also known as: Aceta w/ Codeine, Capital w/Codeine, Capital with Codeine Suspension, Cocet, Cocet Plus, Codrix, EZ III, Phenaphen with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine #2, Tylenol with Codeine #3, Tylenol with Codeine #4

Learn more about Acetaminophen/codeine.

Acetaminophen/codeine Rating Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1848 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/codeine to treat Pain

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Took literally 45 minutes to kick in when I have severe debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and I had a bad fall, went to ER gave me this while I went in for x-ray still no relief. Finally 45 mins I can feel my pain slightly go away."

Hippie11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "I was prescribed Tylenol with codeine for when my gallstones act up. Well it does nothing for me. This last episode of pain woke me up out of my sleep, took my Tylenol with codeine and 30 minutes later, no relief. To top it off, because I had no relief from the pain I ended up puking.....ugh! I'm better off with the ibruprofen 600mg I have from the birth of my son."

Gallymommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "After I was discharged from intensive care, I reported no pain, and no pain killers were given previously. After given Tylenol 3 in liquid form, and I started to experience pain with an extra large headache. The pain was in my eyes, temples, and ears not to mention throat. I got cold and my legs started to shake. Then I experienced more swelling in my throat than before, but I thought that this was post op normal. After the second dose I started to panic quietly inside and I couldn't get liquid Advil out of my mind! The nurse only had tablets, so my husband arrived and rushed me to the pharmacy to get some Chldrens liquid Advil, and 30 minutes later I was pain free! I'm not touching my prescription for Tylenol 3 and will tell the doc ASAP."

Post Tonsilletomy Girl (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "I have had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago. To deal with the pain after my numbing injections wore off, I was prescribed Tylenol 3. When I got home, the pain from the operation was already starting to kick in, so I took one at 5 pm (which was when I got home) in hope of relieving my pain before trying to get to bed. I sat there in pain for the next 12 hrs, taking another pill every 4 hrs, and not a single bit of pain relief or drowsiness came to my aid."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Horrid drug, caused irg heart beat and problems breathing."

Johnny_Pain March 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Post abdominal hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repairs and bladder lift. I was prescribed toradol 10mg scheduled every 6 hours with tylenol 3 every 4-6 as needed. As long as I don't go any longer than those minimum times I do okay with about a 4 pain level. I haven't been pain free yet but I guess that's to be expected.....tylenol 3 has worked ok but does start to wear off towards the end of the 4 hours. I must wait....it is a shame though that there is so much abuse of narcotic strength drugs like norco...they are extremely effective for post surgical pain....they are very addictive and Drs don't even like prescribing them much anymore"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Mildly helped back pain"

Vf3213 January 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "After gallbladder surgery was prescribed this for at home pain management (I can't take Vicodin) and while it definitely kicks in after about 30 minutes it wears off way too fast. Halfway through my wait till the next dose timeframe pain is in full swing again. Ugh."

AllieRayFLA January 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine): "My discs are degenerative, and I had a back surgery 20 years ago that failed. At the time, I was given 2 T-4's every 4 hours. That made working almost tolerable. Long story short, 2 surgeries later and I am prescribed a T-4 every 6 hours. I am in chronic pain and will be (most likely) and have no life due to it. Since the DEA now prescribes for me, I guess I will just have to shrivel up and die. Having raised a teenaged son, Norco's were quite popular 9 years ago and that's what has contributed to this travesty. I do not deny there are drug seekers, however, I am on disability at 56 because I cannot get enough relief to be a dependable worker anymore and it is, quite literally, killing me slowly. "

kelrebec (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Fractured two fingers and did absolutely nothing for the pain"

Jessfm December 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "I have chronic pain due to Endometriosis and trust me, not pleasant at all but with this medication, it helps. It may not be as strong as I would like it to be but I'm ok it does something. I just don't want to rely on pain meds because of my daughter. However, it times of great overwhelming pain, I take one of these and a ambien and I'm out cold. Upside is I met my out of pocket and deductible so its free till end of year."

EndoBlows (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Have suffered with Fibro & arthritis for years. Nothing has helped, including Lyrica, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Nambutome. I was prescribed Tylenol3 in late Sept. Its now December & just one Tylenol 3 a day has helped remarkably, & eliminates Nambutome 2x day plus Xanax to help me sleep. Finally, something that helps & my PA is mortified to continue prescribing!!!"

Rinney December 4, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Have been taking T3 or T4 for post-surgery pain. Have discovered that as long as I take either one, my pain persists but once I stop MY PAIN GOES AWAY! Also found that NSAIDs increase the pain (had basal joint replacements in both thumbs). But I do have to say that both Ts are effective for my hip bursitis; just not worth the thumb pain when I take it. Hoping the MD can give me something for my hip that won't impact my thumbs..."

Granny Goose 75 October 20, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine): "I was given tylenol #3, initially, for a severe injury, it had no effect on the pain. I revisited the issue with my doctor and was put on tylenol #4. At supposedly double the narcotic in the tablet, I was shocked at how little the pain reliever accomplished. However, a cough I'd had with a cold was lessened...not useful in the purpose of pain relief. I decided to be frank with my doctor and ask why I was being given such low dose/ineffective pain relief for something as serious as my injury, especially given that I have no history of drug abuse...fear of the DEA was the answer I finally received after pushing past much circular logic dissuasion from my doctor. The DEA is the reason my pain is not being managed. This is a travesty."

Shocked and Unhappy in the USA (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Today I got a root canal and wisdom tooth pulled, my mouth was throbbing! I took my Tylenol 3 like 20mins ago and the pain is gone."

Kayla Gil October 12, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "It's been an hour and a half, took recommended dosage, it's done NOTHING."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "I have chronic neurological pain as well as lower back/hip pain. As I have aged (I'm 52) dealing with chronic pain has evolved for me. In my 30's and 40's my primary care Dr at the time prescribed T3 as well as hydrocodone and morphine extended release. Have to say,my pain was obliterated, I didn't feel pain heck I didn't feel anything. I was a mess and had such a high tolerance that my daily life consisted barely getting up off the couch. Fast forward to the present. I now live in a different state and have a great new primary care physician. I have bee taking Lyrica for neurological pain in my feet- which didn't work well for me. So she prescribed Gabapentin 800mg twice a day and Tylenol 3 twice a day as needed."

Happyhousewife (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "I need a root canal, given tylenol #3 until appointment, still in sooo much pain. Took two and still feel like havnt taken anything"

Jenna718 October 10, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine): "I have herniated discs in my lower back, I have been on 10mg/325mg norco 4 times daily for 11 months. All of a sudden this other pain doctor I was forced to see since mine disappeared put me on T4's which are complete JUNK! I would rather take nothing at all... I feel like I am just flooding my liver with tylenol for nothing... The DEA needs to stop threatening doctors with jail and let them do their jobs. I'm sorry but just because some junkies decided to shoot heroin and die doesn't give them the right to deny me quality Healthcare... I AM PISSED because I am in PAIN! I DON'T WANT TO GET HIGH I JUST WANT RELIEF!"

Herniated discs l4/l5 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Removed tonsil was very painful. By chance I found that Tylenol 3 and aspirin combined to remove ALL pain. I take aspirin regularly but it wears off in about 4 hrs. So my first T-3 acted in conjunction with the aspirin, then wore off. So I took another T-3 and nothing happened. I realized I needed another aspirin. I took another adult aspirin - the fire went away. Then I called my Dr. He said "We know that but we don't rec it because aspirin causes some to bleed. You've been taking it a long time and you don't bleed." Tylenol 3 will also stop a severe cough, where nothing else works, e.g., from bronchiectatsis."

jwwright September 9, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "It is not strong but took away most of the pain but kept me awake. Percocet is better."

Drogosa (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Have infection in back Moller tooth. Was prescribe Tylenol #3. Contrary to most experiences' the meds did wonders!!! Don't know if I could have lasted in that pain. I've done grugs before for recreation so I know I have a tolerance, but meds still worked."

cutey (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Recently had my wisdom teeth pulled and I have constant throbbing on my left side. I'm sitting here in bed at 00:03 and it's not helping. This is the second night with no sleep."

Sherlocktalia (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Tylenol 3 is no good. It does not work at all and I can't sleep and is bad for the liver.was a waste of $."

31 yr old (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): "Sprained ankle. Took the pain away"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016