User Reviews for Acetaminophen / codeine to treat Cough

Acetaminophen / codeine has an average rating of 8.5 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Cough. 91% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 9% reported a negative effect.

Acetaminophen/codeine Rating Summary

8.5/10 average rating

Compare all 416 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Acetaminophen / codeine

L. Nelson · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2014

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): “This seemed to work for a recent bout with the flu and bronchitis. Everything hurt from head to toe. 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night worked wonders. The drowsiness is manageable and the ability to function normally was present. I'd recommend for aches and pains from flu and hard coughing.”

Anonymous April 2, 2012

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): “This is the only medication I have found to help with a chronic cough after a cold or respiratory infection. It makes me a little sleepy if I take it during the day, but I can function with little coughing.”

Nightshadow January 17, 2017

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): “I had a sudden violent cough that has lasted over a month. I have seen 5 different doctors, 3 sets of chest x-rays, CT Scan, 3 rounds of antibiotics, 4 different cough medicines, Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) and 2 trips to the ER once was from coughing so hard I popped a rib out of place. I also have an appointment with a specialist. So far No One has been able to tell me what is causing the cough hopefully the specialist will be able to come up with an answer. The ONLY thing that would give me any relief from the cough was Tylenol 3 with Codeine. I have to take it every 4-5 hours and in my line of work I am not allowed to work taking 120-150 mg of codeine so I am currently on medical leave until I can see the specialist.”

Anonymous March 2, 2015

“Had a chronic cough for 4 months. Docs kept using antibiotics and steroids. Slowed it down but when med was complete, it would start up even worse. Doc gave me Tylenol #3 2 X a day and after 2 weeks it was gone. So glad. Thank you.”

Wonderingall November 17, 2017

“I was prescribed Tylenol with Codeine #3 30/300 to take two tablets every 4-6 hours. It worked wonders for both my cough and the pain related to my severe bronchitis I have read some double-blind studies that show that the fact that many people View codeine as inferior to, say, hydrocodone, is simply not true.”

Ladydi74604 December 11, 2019

“This comment is for NightShadow. Do you take Lisipril by any chance, for blood pressure? I had that same disgusting constant cough for 2 years. I was in the salvation army doing my cough and one of the employees commented that she use to have the same cough. She linked it to the Lisipril. And sure enough!!!! That was the problem.”

slowmo33 October 5, 2014

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): “I have found this medication has done wonders on my cough since I have been taking it and nothing else seem to work as well”

Anonymous October 29, 2011

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): “Definitely assists with relief from persistent coughing after sinus or cold symptoms.”

Dimpiam · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2015

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): “Tylenol with codeine #3 does not work for my cough due to bronchitis. I took the meds as prescribed for two weeks. Never worked.”

smoore002 April 1, 2008

“Works good as a cough suppressant.”

1tytytyt October 12, 2009

“Masks all symptoms, feels amazing.”

Fitfreak25 · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2021

“Had a Dry cough due to Covid that was driving me nuts! Doc gave me benzonate and it did absolutely zero. Had some of these acetaminophen/codeine in my cabinet and they worked wonders!”

Learn more about Cough