User Reviews for Solifenacin

Also known as: VESIcare

Learn more about Solifenacin.

Urinary Incontinence 29 reviews 49 medications

7.3
Overactive Bladder 71 reviews 22 medications

5.7
Summary of Solifenacin reviews 100 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Solifenacin

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I started out with 5 mg and it helped 90%. After three months I asked for 10 mg's and I've been taking it for about 2 months but I don't think its helping as much as the 5mg was. Odd. I plan on asking to go back down to the 5 mg. My side affects are stuffed up nose and dry mouth. The side effects were not bothersome until about 2 weeks ago. Stuffy nose is driving me nuts. I have a humidifier running, air purifier running and took some sinus congestion medicine....not working. Weather is getting colder here and just starting to use the heat...I think that is what did my nose in with the combination of vesicare. Don't get me wrong...this medication is awesome. It's such a relief. The only time I leak now is when I cough."

WeatherednBoston (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have an overactive bladder. My urologist prescribed Vesicare in 5 mg and 10. I thought it was working fine until I had severe pains in my chest. I went to the ER today and they could not find any cardiac issues so they are keeping me overnight for observation. Not sure if it is the drug or something else. Don't think I will be using it in the future."

SusanTONeill (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I took this meds within 3 days I had extreme headache, left arm was numb, woke up to my body feeling hot. I started feeling spasm in my lower left bottom and leg. Pain in my left leg and flu like symptoms."

Edwards78 November 7, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "After 5 days taking vesicare I feel like I have the flu. My throat is sore, my mouth is dry, vision is blurry and my stomach is upset. I was prescribed 10's. I am stopping them today. I also am having trouble emptying my bladder. I won't take this again."

2707 November 6, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Have taken 5 Vesicare and I can only say I have become housebound. The side effectts have been horendous. Visual disturbances, dizzy, blinding head pains, totally confused. I live alone and need to go to the shops but can't drive in this state. CN anyone tell me now long these side effects will last. Was going to try to give it a week but dont know if I can last that long .Help."

Springs October 25, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I've tried a few different medications for oab......nothing really helped until I tried vesicare.....it's been a godsend for me what a difference to my everday life my life doesn't evolve around the loo anymore have switched to decaffeinated coffee also which doctor advised me"

km72 October 4, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I was pleased with the results (Doctor samples) but, when I got a prescription, I was flabbergasted by the price. Average cost for 5mg is over $300.00. None of my current 3 month supplies are anywhere near this price. I would have to increase my Medicare plan to a 4 tier plan which would cost an additional $99.00 per month......no savings there. No thanks.......I cannot fathom why the pharmacuetical companies charge so much or how they get away with it."

The Piddler September 11, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "This medication changed my life! I started taking it at age 72. Before then, I thought I was going to have to be housebound, never traveling, never shopping, etc. I started taking the smaller dose and it is working just fine. My only side effect is dry mouth at night but discovered that if I wake up with it, I suck on an ACT lozenge, which immediately alleviates the problem. I did discover through reading the info on this page that it is probably the cause of mild indigestion I've had, probably starting about the time I started taking Vesicare, but I take a Zantac a day and am fine. Oh, the medication started working almost immediately. I would hate to be without my Vesicare, even though it is quite expensive. But it's worth every penny."

akovash (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "It was helping with the frequency l still have bad days. Started it in March 16.I also have a problem with constipation. I don't eat or drink enough have lost 2 and a half stone. As I live in the UK I don't have to pay full price just a prescription charge. I find I have become obsessed and anxious about it not continuing to give me some relief. I will be going back to the doctors for more help with distressing condition."

Giztass September 7, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "Started 3 nights ago, 5 mg. I take in the evening after dinner. On the first morning I was constipated but no side effects since. I notice a huge difference. My pads are staying dry. I smoke and when I cough is the only time I leak now. My insurance covers it and my co-pay is only $3.65. I can't wait to see if this works long term. I'm lucky to have no side affects as I seem to be allergic to everything. My metabolism seems to be slower than most people so I think the 5 mg's is enough for me. I worry about weight gain because I'm already considered obese. Before I started taking it I would leak for no reason at all. I would have to use 4 or 5 pads a day. Nights were horrible would wake up soaked. Not any more."

Weathered 1 August 31, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Found myself getting up 4-8 times a day and needing the toilet alot during the day. First prescribed 5mg and it done absolutely nothing so the doctor uped them to 10mg and still nothing except constipation. So ive stopped them and will just have to deal with it."

Zoehay321 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "3 days in on 10mg per day, bloodshot, dry and sore eyes, vision problems, dry mouth, severe headaches, nausea, constipation, flu like symptoms, helped with frequency but I'd rather pee every 1/2 hour than feel like this:(("

Jimmy1419 (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I initially thought this medication might work. I woke up only 2-3 times each night for the first week and during the day felt I had a bit more control over my bladder. I now think that was merely wishful thinking. Last night (day 5 on the medication), I was up FIVE times. In addition, I have experienced weight gain of 3 pounds and in spite of REALLY wanting it to work, I am still having urge incontinance. This medication is garbage and the manufacturers are laughing all the way to bank. Over $1000.00 for a 3 month supply ($90.00 after insurance)and I am willing to toss it in the trash. That's what I think about Vesicare."

HBDGR July 23, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence: "It been 4 days my father is taking it and we see no improvement although the doctor said it will take 2 weeks for it show some results but so far there are no results lets see what happens. dizziness and dry mouth are caused by this drug."

Fahad Amin (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Amazing results bladder wise. No more rushing to the toilet for fear of wetting. Dry throat for the first two months but better now. Worst problem is uncontrollable weight gain. This is frustrating as I have a heathy diet. My doctor doesn't seem to offer any help."

Shellyann July 15, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I'm 21 and recently started taking VESIcare, at first it was 10mg but i literally could not poop i would go 2-3 days without pooping and had severe heartburn. My doctor lowered it to 5mg and it helps a bit with the urinating but i do notice in situations where i'm stressed it doesn't seem to work as well but when i'm relaxed its perfectly fine. Also, with the 5mg i'm still having constipation and only poop about every other day and i'm still having bad heartburn every few weeks or so. I'm not sure if i want to stick with this medication or not because i should not be having this bad of heartburn at 21."

flowerchildbri (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Took this medication for two weeks. Did nothing in reducing OAB. Had horrible reaction of severe DROWSINESS! Was so bad I almost went to sleep in traffic a couple of times before I realized what was causing me to feel that way. Lost all my energy and gumption to get anything done. Just wanted to sleep. Then week two I got to where when I went to the restroom, I would just sit there. I could not start a flow without thinking about it for what seemed like five minutes. I stopped taking and called my doctor. Calling in another medication to try. I pray it works without all the side effects!"

BarbwireNLace (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I started on a low dose 5mg of Vesicare for OAB. Worked by third dose. Its working really well for me, no more accidents, no side effects. I take mine with dinner as the evening was when I was up and down to the toilet, which was difficult as I have Rheumatoid arthritits and by the evening I don't want to be getting up and down and can not do so quickly. Also my Goldie dog tends to somehow always be laying in the wrong place when I'm in a hurry LOL. I notice it can make you drowsy and I have been sleeping really well and thats not because of not having to get up at night when in bed as that wasn't much of a problem anyway."

she c March 31, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Rubbish! It did absolutely nothing..."

Mikael23 March 19, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am a 38 year old female diagnosed with MSK, Overactive Bladder and Stomach Ulcers. I've been prescribed Vesicare and have been taking it for a few weeks. I have noticed that I'm not getting up as much at night but I still sometimes have to run to the restroom during the day. My concerns after taking this med is I'm not feeling like myself. And after reading the side effects I have noticed that I'm experiencing everything listed literally. I'm also afraid it may be interacting with my other meds. This medication is expensive also, don't think I should continue to use it especially since I'll have to take it for the remainder of my life. Continuing on my search for relief."

NUP February 17, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I had a urinary tract infection and the doctor ordered it to help me urinate less until the antibiotics kicked in. It probably did help for that but generally I haven't seen a big difference. I would say that I am about the same as I usually am. The first time I took it was in the evening and I was extremely tired and wanted to sleep around 8pm )I usually only go to bed/sleep around midnight. Yesterday I was completely zonked. I slept for most of the day. Last night I was looking online on my phone and was searching can a UTI make you tired and came across this site. I realized that my vision is blurry (I thought it was just being over tired) and that it can cause "fatique". I hadn't put these down to side effects. I am stopping immediately"

Teresa Leslie February 10, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "Been on vesicare for 3 months but now terrible constipation. Has anyone tried taking a dose every second day. Was the drug still effective?"

annjj February 5, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "My experience with this drug wasn't pleasant. I got completely blocked after 5 days of taking the pills and was unable to do both number 1 and 2. Even my period was late, which does not normally happen. I ended up in an emergency room with severe stomach pains. The other side effects such as lack of concentration, tiredness and headache were easy to deal with, it is just a matter of getting used to them. I would have stayed on those pills because I felt less need to urine than I used to, which finally has given me a relief, however I had no other choice then stop taking them, and take pills to help me move the urine and bowel motion out of my body."

Anonymous February 5, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am a 33 year old female with overactive bladder. Vesicare is the only medication that has literally fixed the problem. I didn't realize how bad my bladder problem was until I started taking it and realizing that I didn't have to get up 3-5 times at night and I didn't have that constant pinching in my bladder anymore. Now the problem is I can't afford Vesicare. I tried using that momentum program they have and that helped bring the price down, but my insurance company changed and now they want me to pay $210 a month. I just can't afford it."

Michelle DS February 1, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I started taking 5mg 2 months ago and by the 2nd night I had my first dry night in months and even on the first night it was significantly better. It has completely changed my life. Unfortunately in this last week I have had 2 episodes of incontinence and have become concerned that I might need to increase the dose. Initially I had dry eyes, blurred vision, headache with some nausea but this settled. I am left with blurred vision sometimes. I willingly put up with the side effects as the alternative is untenable."

drynightsareworthit (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016