User Reviews for Solifenacin

Also known as: VESIcare

Learn more about Solifenacin.

Urinary Incontinence 30 reviews 49 medications

7.1
Overactive Bladder 77 reviews 22 medications

5.6
Summary of Solifenacin reviews 107 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Solifenacin

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I've been on this medication for one week (10mg) and have found it to work quite well. I'm not running to the bathroom constantly and I am able to hold my urine until I can get there when I do have to go. I am experiencing dry mouth, which I hope will go away, and I have been a little drowsy but neither of these side effects are unmanageable. I started taking Metamucil 2x daily and have not been constipated yet. I will keep taking it but may try cutting the pills in half to make the prescription last longer (expensive!)"

ngranesehotmail.com August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Besides the high cost, the effectiveness of this medication is diminished, due to the side effects. I started on this medication for nine days and stopped. Constipation was the primary side effect almost at the first day, the worst I ever had, in addition to abdominal pain, slight headache and bloating. My Doctor did warn me about the side effects."

Heavy Metal July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Poor results, I have no positive results, especially at the highway robbery price of this drug ($1100.00) cash price for 3 months"

Raymond 16251 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "VESIcare did nothing for me."

Lady 56 February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I took Vesicare for several months. It seemed to help some, but my vision was getting blurry, which got worse each month. Scary! I finally stopped it. My vision cleared up. Over the years I've tried: Detrol LA (rubbish), Ditropan XL (not effective), Vesicare (blurry vision), Enablex (worked for a while but still not enough control), and now I am on Toviaz 8mg. So far Toviaz is the most effective of those. It really cuts down on frequency. I only get up once in the night and can go 3-4 hrs without urinating (daytime). The incontinence is much better. My problem is my brain sees the toilet and doesn't want hold off until I can get my belt and jeans down, and my ass on the throne. My insurance won't cover it now so will switch again."

queticogirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "My bladder was out of control ! Having to urinate almost every 45 min to an hour. Seriously, I was going 25-30 times a day. It was awful. The Dr put me on Vesicare 5mg. It worked great from the 2-3 day..however after a week or so my symptoms came back. He decided to put me on the 10 mg. At first my mouth and eyes were very dry, I almost stopped taking it. I decided to give it some time and see what happened. The drug was a life saver for me, the dry mouth and eyes went away after the 2nd week. Constipation was kind of an issue but I started using Miralax and had no problems at all. Well that is until about 3-4 weeks of taking the 10 mg....It seems as though my symptoms are coming back."

nursenme (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have suffered from incontinence and over active bladder for many years and put up with it. I was prescribed a 5mg dose from the hospital doctor and although it didn't help with incontinence, it did help with a better urination flow and less frequent visits to the toilet, they upped the dose to 10 by the physiotherapist I was seeing about an overactive bladder and incontinence. I have had bad side effects of, pebble constipation, feeling very unwell with stuffed up nose, sore throat, very tired, stomach upset including acid, chest pain and have now had the meds stopped by my GP as it could be causing my blood pressure to drop. I was really happy in the beginning with the benefits of the vesicare medication but the bad outweighs the good."

Over 50's newbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I started out with 5 mg and it helped 90%. After three months I asked for 10 mg's and I've been taking it for about 2 months but I don't think its helping as much as the 5mg was. Odd. I plan on asking to go back down to the 5 mg. My side affects are stuffed up nose and dry mouth. The side effects were not bothersome until about 2 weeks ago. Stuffy nose is driving me nuts. I have a humidifier running, air purifier running and took some sinus congestion medicine....not working. Weather is getting colder here and just starting to use the heat...I think that is what did my nose in with the combination of vesicare. Don't get me wrong...this medication is awesome. It's such a relief. The only time I leak now is when I cough."

WeatherednBoston (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have an overactive bladder. My urologist prescribed Vesicare in 5 mg and 10. I thought it was working fine until I had severe pains in my chest. I went to the ER today and they could not find any cardiac issues so they are keeping me overnight for observation. Not sure if it is the drug or something else. Don't think I will be using it in the future."

SusanTONeill (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I took this meds within 3 days I had extreme headache, left arm was numb, woke up to my body feeling hot. I started feeling spasm in my lower left bottom and leg. Pain in my left leg and flu like symptoms."

Edwards78 November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "After 5 days taking vesicare I feel like I have the flu. My throat is sore, my mouth is dry, vision is blurry and my stomach is upset. I was prescribed 10's. I am stopping them today. I also am having trouble emptying my bladder. I won't take this again."

2707 November 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Have taken 5 Vesicare and I can only say I have become housebound. The side effectts have been horendous. Visual disturbances, dizzy, blinding head pains, totally confused. I live alone and need to go to the shops but can't drive in this state. CN anyone tell me now long these side effects will last. Was going to try to give it a week but dont know if I can last that long .Help."

Springs October 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I've tried a few different medications for oab......nothing really helped until I tried vesicare.....it's been a godsend for me what a difference to my everday life my life doesn't evolve around the loo anymore have switched to decaffeinated coffee also which doctor advised me"

km72 October 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I was pleased with the results (Doctor samples) but, when I got a prescription, I was flabbergasted by the price. Average cost for 5mg is over $300.00. None of my current 3 month supplies are anywhere near this price. I would have to increase my Medicare plan to a 4 tier plan which would cost an additional $99.00 per month......no savings there. No thanks.......I cannot fathom why the pharmacuetical companies charge so much or how they get away with it."

The Piddler September 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "This medication changed my life! I started taking it at age 72. Before then, I thought I was going to have to be housebound, never traveling, never shopping, etc. I started taking the smaller dose and it is working just fine. My only side effect is dry mouth at night but discovered that if I wake up with it, I suck on an ACT lozenge, which immediately alleviates the problem. I did discover through reading the info on this page that it is probably the cause of mild indigestion I've had, probably starting about the time I started taking Vesicare, but I take a Zantac a day and am fine. Oh, the medication started working almost immediately. I would hate to be without my Vesicare, even though it is quite expensive. But it's worth every penny."

akovash (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "It was helping with the frequency l still have bad days. Started it in March 16.I also have a problem with constipation. I don't eat or drink enough have lost 2 and a half stone. As I live in the UK I don't have to pay full price just a prescription charge. I find I have become obsessed and anxious about it not continuing to give me some relief. I will be going back to the doctors for more help with distressing condition."

Giztass September 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "Started 3 nights ago, 5 mg. I take in the evening after dinner. On the first morning I was constipated but no side effects since. I notice a huge difference. My pads are staying dry. I smoke and when I cough is the only time I leak now. My insurance covers it and my co-pay is only $3.65. I can't wait to see if this works long term. I'm lucky to have no side affects as I seem to be allergic to everything. My metabolism seems to be slower than most people so I think the 5 mg's is enough for me. I worry about weight gain because I'm already considered obese. Before I started taking it I would leak for no reason at all. I would have to use 4 or 5 pads a day. Nights were horrible would wake up soaked. Not any more."

Weathered 1 August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Found myself getting up 4-8 times a day and needing the toilet alot during the day. First prescribed 5mg and it done absolutely nothing so the doctor uped them to 10mg and still nothing except constipation. So ive stopped them and will just have to deal with it."

Zoehay321 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "3 days in on 10mg per day, bloodshot, dry and sore eyes, vision problems, dry mouth, severe headaches, nausea, constipation, flu like symptoms, helped with frequency but I'd rather pee every 1/2 hour than feel like this:(("

Jimmy1419 (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I initially thought this medication might work. I woke up only 2-3 times each night for the first week and during the day felt I had a bit more control over my bladder. I now think that was merely wishful thinking. Last night (day 5 on the medication), I was up FIVE times. In addition, I have experienced weight gain of 3 pounds and in spite of REALLY wanting it to work, I am still having urge incontinance. This medication is garbage and the manufacturers are laughing all the way to bank. Over $1000.00 for a 3 month supply ($90.00 after insurance)and I am willing to toss it in the trash. That's what I think about Vesicare."

HBDGR July 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence: "It been 4 days my father is taking it and we see no improvement although the doctor said it will take 2 weeks for it show some results but so far there are no results lets see what happens. dizziness and dry mouth are caused by this drug."

Fahad Amin (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Amazing results bladder wise. No more rushing to the toilet for fear of wetting. Dry throat for the first two months but better now. Worst problem is uncontrollable weight gain. This is frustrating as I have a heathy diet. My doctor doesn't seem to offer any help."

Shellyann July 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I'm 21 and recently started taking VESIcare, at first it was 10mg but i literally could not poop i would go 2-3 days without pooping and had severe heartburn. My doctor lowered it to 5mg and it helps a bit with the urinating but i do notice in situations where i'm stressed it doesn't seem to work as well but when i'm relaxed its perfectly fine. Also, with the 5mg i'm still having constipation and only poop about every other day and i'm still having bad heartburn every few weeks or so. I'm not sure if i want to stick with this medication or not because i should not be having this bad of heartburn at 21."

flowerchildbri (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Took this medication for two weeks. Did nothing in reducing OAB. Had horrible reaction of severe DROWSINESS! Was so bad I almost went to sleep in traffic a couple of times before I realized what was causing me to feel that way. Lost all my energy and gumption to get anything done. Just wanted to sleep. Then week two I got to where when I went to the restroom, I would just sit there. I could not start a flow without thinking about it for what seemed like five minutes. I stopped taking and called my doctor. Calling in another medication to try. I pray it works without all the side effects!"

BarbwireNLace (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I started on a low dose 5mg of Vesicare for OAB. Worked by third dose. Its working really well for me, no more accidents, no side effects. I take mine with dinner as the evening was when I was up and down to the toilet, which was difficult as I have Rheumatoid arthritits and by the evening I don't want to be getting up and down and can not do so quickly. Also my Goldie dog tends to somehow always be laying in the wrong place when I'm in a hurry LOL. I notice it can make you drowsy and I have been sleeping really well and thats not because of not having to get up at night when in bed as that wasn't much of a problem anyway."

she c March 31, 2016