User Reviews for Solifenacin systemic

Overactive Bladder
5.6

Summary of Solifenacin reviews 6.0 120 reviews

Reviews for Solifenacin

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Please be very careful taking this drug and monitor your blood pressure. I took Vesicare twelve years ago (for about five years) 5mg. It really helped by OAB. I stopped as symptoms went away. Recently had bad UTI, and after infection was over, I was left with residual frequency, pain, urethra burning. Tried Vesicare again 5mg and immediately felt my blood pressure increasing during the day. Middle of the night had to be taken to ER. BP was 197/120 and heart rate 130. ER confirmed that Vesicare was culprit. I was able to handle the drug in my 30s but now that I am close to 50 it did not work with my body."

soccernj October 27, 2018

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Since December of 2017 I began to experience IC like symptoms. As my symptoms continue to get worse about 3 weeks ago I ended up in the ER due to a horrible flare up. After a pointless night in the ER, the doctor prescribed me this medication to help with my bladder spasms. Before taking this medication I would have a flare up 1-2 times a week and NEVER daily. Coincidentally, as soon as I began to take this medication I began to experience flare ups daily. These flare ups were HORRIBLE flare ups and worse than I have ever felt before. I blame it on this medication since it is the only "new" thing right now. I put two and two together and got off the medicine after a few weeks of consumption. My flare ups have subsided in pain significantly but are still occurring more often than usual. I do not recommend this medication and think it is one that is worth skipping over."

stephIC (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "Vesicare seems to help better than Mybetric but I cant take the side effects. I have a constant sore throat and bronchitis like symptoms."

Sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "This is garbage. I'll go back to taking the oxybutinin."

SissyZ August 28, 2018

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "This only relieved symptoms very little ..still had to wear pad everyday and very expensive"

not happy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2018

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I want to give this a 0). Vesicare worked amazing for first few days - my bladder felt "strong" and pelvic floor exercises were actually fun and easy to do (my bladder seemed to want me to do them). However, after only a week drug stopped working, at all. Gave it 6-7 good months trial period, put on 5-6kgs excess weight without explanation. Product also gave me severe headaches, dry mouth and was useless. After going off of it I lost the weight without any change to diet in about 3 months (thank Gaawwwwdddd). Too scared to get Bladder sling, still thinking about that one. No other options now other than to go wee wee all the way home in my Icon undies and use a pad when peeing myself really cannot be tolerated any longer. I am in a safe/normal weight range, healthy and fit; humiliating."

DFM May 9, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "Very bad side effects. Very tired, depressed, fast heart beat, weight gain. Way too many side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Had severe urge incontinence for 6 years before seeking help. Was put on Ditropan, then Mirbetriq, both of which helped for about 4 months, then stopped working. Dr. then put me on Vesicare 10 mg which caused SEVERE dry throat and mouth, hoarseness, and sores on tongue due to dryness. With reduction to 5 mg, I've been almost totally continent with no side effects for about 6 months. I hope it keeps on working."

FreedomAtLast (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2018

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been struggling with Urinary urgency and leakage for at least a year. I finally gave in and saw a Urologist. Just 1 pill gave me the relief I needed. I am so grateful! The only side effect is dry mouth. It is well worth it! Just 5 mg. once daily has been my dose. What a great product! Thank you! Now I can get on with my life!"

Ginger#1 February 2, 2018

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "After years of bladder leakage I have finally found a new lease on life thanks to vesicare. I feel like a different woman and the side effects have been minimal, dry mouth and slight dizziness...."

Fifer68 January 18, 2018

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I have used Vesicare for over nine years. Only recently did it become ineffective. Also, I have glaucoma, and my eye doctor said I was just fine to use it. I had no side effects, maybe a tiny bit of vision blurriness, but nothing significant and my eyes adjusted; I also attributed it to the glaucoma and cataracts which have since been removed. Within the last few months (after nine years) I have had several accidents which I attribute to stressful situations. My doctor has decided I need to try another drug (I am SO anti drugs!) that he feels will be more effective. He gave me a week's samples. I will try tomorrow. Yes, Vesicare used to be $45 a month; now, it's $135. The new drug -$140 . I am blessed to afford it. So worth it."

#1grammy (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 2, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "Do not take if you have high blood pressure. It shot mine through the roof....215/135. Please monitor your BP. Other then that, it did help the urinary incontinence when I stand up. I did not leak very much at all. The headaches associated with the increase blood pressure were unbearable. The dryness in my sinuses was annoying but manageable."

Peppercorns (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 9, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "My bladder weakness was so bad that sometimes I would literally wet myself if I needed to go. I had no control at all! I had to wear pads all the time. I went to the drs who at first suggested things like cutting out caffeine which irritates the bladder. This did help but I still had no control! I was prescribed vesicare 5mg and after about 3 days WOW! I no longer need a pad, I am able to hold on to my urine even if I am desperate! I occasionally forget to take one or 2 and I can tell the difference straight away as I lose control again! Amazing little pill!"

Trackieb (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I've been on this medication for one week (10mg) and have found it to work quite well. I'm not running to the bathroom constantly and I am able to hold my urine until I can get there when I do have to go. I am experiencing dry mouth, which I hope will go away, and I have been a little drowsy but neither of these side effects are unmanageable. I started taking Metamucil 2x daily and have not been constipated yet. I will keep taking it but may try cutting the pills in half to make the prescription last longer (expensive!)"

ngranesehotmail.com August 19, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Besides the high cost, the effectiveness of this medication is diminished, due to the side effects. I started on this medication for nine days and stopped. Constipation was the primary side effect almost at the first day, the worst I ever had, in addition to abdominal pain, slight headache and bloating. My Doctor did warn me about the side effects."

Heavy Metal July 10, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Poor results, I have no positive results, especially at the highway robbery price of this drug ($1100.00) cash price for 3 months"

Raymond 16251 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "VESIcare did nothing for me."

Lady 56 February 23, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I took Vesicare for several months. It seemed to help some, but my vision was getting blurry, which got worse each month. Scary! I finally stopped it. My vision cleared up. Over the years I've tried: Detrol LA (rubbish), Ditropan XL (not effective), Vesicare (blurry vision), Enablex (worked for a while but still not enough control), and now I am on Toviaz 8mg. So far Toviaz is the most effective of those. It really cuts down on frequency. I only get up once in the night and can go 3-4 hrs without urinating (daytime). The incontinence is much better. My problem is my brain sees the toilet and doesn't want hold off until I can get my belt and jeans down, and my ass on the throne. My insurance won't cover it now so will switch again."

queticogirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "My bladder was out of control ! Having to urinate almost every 45 min to an hour. Seriously, I was going 25-30 times a day. It was awful. The Dr put me on Vesicare 5mg. It worked great from the 2-3 day..however after a week or so my symptoms came back. He decided to put me on the 10 mg. At first my mouth and eyes were very dry, I almost stopped taking it. I decided to give it some time and see what happened. The drug was a life saver for me, the dry mouth and eyes went away after the 2nd week. Constipation was kind of an issue but I started using Miralax and had no problems at all. Well that is until about 3-4 weeks of taking the 10 mg....It seems as though my symptoms are coming back."

nursenme (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have suffered from incontinence and over active bladder for many years and put up with it. I was prescribed a 5mg dose from the hospital doctor and although it didn't help with incontinence, it did help with a better urination flow and less frequent visits to the toilet, they upped the dose to 10 by the physiotherapist I was seeing about an overactive bladder and incontinence. I have had bad side effects of, pebble constipation, feeling very unwell with stuffed up nose, sore throat, very tired, stomach upset including acid, chest pain and have now had the meds stopped by my GP as it could be causing my blood pressure to drop. I was really happy in the beginning with the benefits of the vesicare medication but the bad outweighs the good."

Over 50's newbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I started out with 5 mg and it helped 90%. After three months I asked for 10 mg's and I've been taking it for about 2 months but I don't think its helping as much as the 5mg was. Odd. I plan on asking to go back down to the 5 mg. My side affects are stuffed up nose and dry mouth. The side effects were not bothersome until about 2 weeks ago. Stuffy nose is driving me nuts. I have a humidifier running, air purifier running and took some sinus congestion medicine....not working. Weather is getting colder here and just starting to use the heat...I think that is what did my nose in with the combination of vesicare. Don't get me wrong...this medication is awesome. It's such a relief. The only time I leak now is when I cough."

WeatherednBoston (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have an overactive bladder. My urologist prescribed Vesicare in 5 mg and 10. I thought it was working fine until I had severe pains in my chest. I went to the ER today and they could not find any cardiac issues so they are keeping me overnight for observation. Not sure if it is the drug or something else. Don't think I will be using it in the future."

SusanTONeill (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "I took this meds within 3 days I had extreme headache, left arm was numb, woke up to my body feeling hot. I started feeling spasm in my lower left bottom and leg. Pain in my left leg and flu like symptoms."

Edwards78 November 7, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "After 5 days taking vesicare I feel like I have the flu. My throat is sore, my mouth is dry, vision is blurry and my stomach is upset. I was prescribed 10's. I am stopping them today. I also am having trouble emptying my bladder. I won't take this again."

2707 November 6, 2016

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Overactive Bladder: "Have taken 5 Vesicare and I can only say I have become housebound. The side effectts have been horendous. Visual disturbances, dizzy, blinding head pains, totally confused. I live alone and need to go to the shops but can't drive in this state. CN anyone tell me now long these side effects will last. Was going to try to give it a week but dont know if I can last that long .Help."

Springs October 25, 2016