User Reviews for Solifenacin

Overactive Bladder 1.5
Summary of Solifenacin reviews 5.6 149 reviews

Reviews for Solifenacin

Janny August 10, 2020

For Overactive Bladder: “I started Vesicare (generic-Solifenacin Succinate) three months ago for OAB. At first the medication worked, 10 mg daily, with my urge incontinence, so I was pleased at the results. After a week, I began to experience dry mouth, and constipation was a challenge, but I was also able to 'deal' with it due to the results from this medication, so I recognized that would be a trade off. But when the lightheadedness started, on and off, that caused an additional problem that was far more challenging than dry mouth and constipation. The dosage was dropped to 5mg on one day and 10mg on another, alternating. The problem persisted and after three months, I found that this medication was not working to its full effect. I called the doctor and stopped and after three days all side effects were gone-no more dry mouth, bathroom issues normal and lightheadedness GONE! This medication made me feel terrible!! The side effects outweigh the benefits from this medication.”

Susie August 9, 2020

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “Just started taking Vesicare for Light Incontinence and it does not help. Have urges to pee all night, and cannot get to sleep at all. I start to rest really well and then before I get to sleep I have to pee again. I cut back on liquids at night, but vesicare is making all symptoms worse. I cannot do this one more night. This will be last night I take it. Its 1:20 in the morning and not being able to sleep again. I will just have to stop it as I need rest.”

Torie · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2020

For Overactive Bladder: “solifenacin is an awful drug. I took it for ten days and the first day I had a dry mouth. It did help with frequency but on the second day I felt as if I was carrying a heavy suitcase on my shoulders. Then the nausea and stomach pains started . Worse after I ate and then I lost all appetite. I thought the side effects might reduce but on the ninth day I just felt worse. Peeing all the time might be better. I am not sure if it was just this drug or a combination of all my other meds with it but I never felt like that before I took it. It does say that the side affect will wear off but I couldn't even work because of them so I decided to stop taking it. The horrible side affects last three days to get it totally out of my systems but I will never take it again. Sorry.”

Chill7 · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Worst medication I've probably ever had! Was only on it for about 11 days, and started to get urinary retention - so decided with my doctor to stop it. Once I stopped it, a couple of days later I had the worse overactive bladder symptoms I've ever had. Was up till 5 in the morning just peeing every 5 minutes for hours! Which obviously made me very dehydrated and anxious. I'm thinking it must have been my system trying to clear out the meds or something! I know it's different for everyone, but I would deffo recommend an alternative medication, or check out posterior nerve stimulation which is potentionally more of a long term solution rather than taking meds! I have been referred by my doctor for this so just waiting now!”

Linda · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

For Overactive Bladder: “I had been taking brand name Vesicare for two years and then when a generic substitute came out my insurance (Medicare and AARP United healthcare) Would only pay for generic which I think is fair. Almost all of my drugs are generic except Myrbetriq another overactive bladder which is far superior to the generic vesicare. Solifenacin is weak and my overactive bladder acts up 6 hours later and I have sometimes taken another pill after dinner so I do not wake up at night to go to the bathroom 5 times. I would give it a zero out of 10”

Zoe · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

For Overactive Bladder: “Have OAB with major urgency issues & have tried almost all the meds. Found one that works (Myrbetriq) but it's not covered by my insurance so I had to try Solifenacin 10mg since it is. While the drug is very effective, the side effects are so massive, I had to stop after 3 days. The half life is so long, that I'm still feeling most of the side effects days after I've stopped. Raspy voice, feeling like there is a 'fog' in my throat, shortness of breath, tingling in the hands & feet and excessively tired. Between the extreme fatigue & the sore throat, I was thinking maybe I should get a COVID test, til I realized it was this medication. What a disappointment, as this is one of the 2 most effective meds I've tried.”

Barb · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “I have been taking solifenacin for about 2 months. It totally helped my dripping and night time visits to the bathroom but I realized my head felt funny. Not a headache but like something was wrong, like a "full" feeling in my head. It kind of felt like an allergy head. it is hard to put in words. I stopped taking the meds 2 days ago and today my head is back to regular. Did anyone else experience this? I will go back on it but not if the head issue comes back.”

Cat Lady · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 29, 2020

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “I've been using Vesicare for years and just started having trouble holding my urine. My doctor has increased the dosage. I hope this helps. It's very humiliating to wear disposable underwear.”

Lizdee · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “I'm an otherwise healthy 24 year old. I've always gone to the bathroom to pee a little more than most people but about 2 weeks ago I started feeling like I ALWAYS needed to go, even right after peeing. After being tested for infections and given a bladder/kidney ultrasound my urologist prescribed me this. After 4 doses I feel almost completely normal. Side effects: dry eyes, dry mouth, slight dizziness at first. Worth it in my opinion!”

P2much · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “Started taking Vesicare in March 2019 (Brand name). After a few weeks it started helping a lot. My urge to go subsided and life was almost normal again. When Generic version was released, my pharmacy filled it as Generic. Took Generic for a month and a half and I was right back where I started... constant urge to go. Went back on brand name and all was well again... until my insurance stopped paying anything for the brand name because a generic is available. Over $400 a month for 30 pills! Trying a Generic from a different manufacturer now and hoping it's better than the first one I tried. No relief yet but still hoping. Rating below is for GENERIC.”

gdayfrog · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 19, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “Prior to taking this drug solifenacin, I was in terrible pain. Too afraid to remove myself from toilet. This drug has helped me so much, I can't say enough about it. I have MS and incontinence is one of my symptoms.”

Randy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2020

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “My incontinence has returned since taking generic for Vesicare.”

Dave · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 23, 2019

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Started with 5mg dose of Vesicare, later on, jumped on 10mg dose to help with peeing problems. In the beginning, it helped a lot, but after a few months my body got used to it and now problems are coming back. So overall it does the job, but unfortunately, the effect is temporary.”

Cristycan November 15, 2019

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “My side effects from vesicare are constipation, dry mouth, dizziness, sore throat, itching burning. I have some reduction in urinary frequency but not enough to justify side effects. Took for 35 days”

Gardengirl November 9, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “Just got this medicine solifenacin today and I feel like a new person. I thought I’d never get out of that bathroom!!! My mouth is dry and I feel a little tired but that’s fine!! Miracle drug”

LYNNE · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Took Vesicare 5mg for 6 days. Side effects were terrible. Dizziness, dry mouth, blurred vision, coughing, burning on urinating and worst of all crippling chest pains. Felt like I was going to peg out! Stopped taking the tablet immediately and it took 3 days to get back to normal. Off to see the GP again to see if there is anything else I can try.”

MA · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 13, 2019

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “Just want to add my experience into the mix. I started having leakage when I sneezed and that sort and then the urge incontinence where I would pee myself before I could make it to the bathroom. ALL that changed with Vesicare. It is a miracle. Dry underwear !! YAY ! The only downfall is that my vision is SO blurry. I am using eye drops like crazy and my eye doctor says he does not think its the Vesicare but what else ?? SO I am going off Vesicare for awhile and see if my vision improves. Will update.”

NotAFan · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 11, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I've tried Solifenacen Succinate 5mg twice to take the generic over the expensive Vesicare and it just does not work like Vesicare. I was willing to absorb the cost of the more expensive Vesicare myself but then my Pharmacy advised me the cost of Vesicare skyrocketed again.”

The Greek · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 19, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “Been on a solifenecin for two years following prostate operation. A recent an eye sight test showed what looks like starburst behind my eye suggesting high blood pressure. GP ordered me to stop taking the 'tablets' and although only a week in my blood pressure is slowly but surely returning to something like an 'acceptable' level.”

Tony · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I was prescribed this drug for overactive bladder, after a urolift procedure. It was completely ineffective and caused more problems than it solved. The main problem being constipation. And with being constipated and pressing on the bladder, it was making the OAB worse. Discontinued the drug, but it has a long half life of 48 hours and took 2 days to clear the system. Found ciprofloxin to treat and underlying infection and a stool softner much more effective. I certainly would't recommend it.”

OAB · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2019

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “I've been struggling with nocturia and an overactive bladder for years. I've been taking vesicare 5 mg for two months after it was prescribed for me by a urologist here in Iraq. No side effects at all. The drug is working and helping me a lot, but slowly, and some OAB symptoms are still there at the night, but they are greatly reduced. I can now sleep much better than before. Vesicare is very good and effective but it takes some time to kick in.”

Chloe · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2019

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Had overactive bladder for sometime. VESIcare 5mg really helped this. Unfortunately I’ve had to discontinue as caused the most awful dry mouth and throat. After around 2 months on the VESIcare I got a bad sore throat and initially thought it was an unrelated infection. My throat, mouth and tongue then got red sore patches and ulcers. I can only think the VESIcare is to blame because it completely dried out my mouth and throat. Stopped the medication 3 days ago on the advice of my Doctor. I have a relative on this medication and she is absolutely fine on it. So - different for everyone”

Jeanie Bean · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “I took this for 13 days, it did seem to help with the incontinence somewhat but the side effects are horrible. Severe dizziness, blurry vision, eye pain/headache and eye dryness, heartburn (something I have never had) , extreme tiredness, muscle aches and confusion. I have been off the medication for 3 days, some of the side effects have stopped but the aching and dizziness are still a problem. I wonder how long they will take to go away.”

Polly · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Vesicare. After a short time experienced Very dry mouth, dry eyes. Very tired, muscle aches. It did have a positive effect but the side effects outweighed the benefit.”

Bob · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 20, 2019

VESIcare (solifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “I noticed slight improvement over the first couple months. After 6 months I now sleep 4-5 hours without my bladder waking me. Changed my life. Very expensive.”