User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Dysuria 1 reviews 30 medications

Urinary Incontinence 35 reviews 49 medications

6.1
Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 194 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Oxybutynin

For Hyperhidrosis: "21 years of age and I have been suffering with palmar hyperhidrosis from being in primary school. As I've gotten older, it has spread to other parts of my body, which makes this condition even more embarrassing. After going to the doctors and being given Driclor (which does not work) and being told there is nothing else they can do, I gave up all hope and thought well, that's it, I'm going to suffer with this forever. Until one day I decided to look deeper online and I found this website and read the reviews of Oxybutynin - I booked an appointment with my doctor straight away and asked him to prescribe this medication - 10 days after I'm hyperhidrosis free. I still cry now, the sweating has stopped completely. Highly recommend!"

Victoria Alison (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Overactive Bladder: "I'm taking Oxybutynin (5mg tab) once a day at bedtime. So far loving this medication. I have some trouble with sleeping so this medication helps me fall asleep. I'm taking the lowest dose so I really don't have the dry mouth problem. The best part is now I'm going 5 hours or more at night before peeing. I'm getting a much better night sleep. Insurance rates this as a tier 1 medication, so my cost is only 10 bucks a month. So at not having to get up every 2 hours to pee is outweighing any side effects."

Zip123 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been on this for 1 week and yes, it is working. I don't have the overwhelming urges and can sleep right through - great! BUT, I am hating the side effects! Constant dry mouth (Ok, I take water and chew gum) but I feel like my stomach is constantly full, have almost constant heartburn and sometimes when eating, I feel like I am having a mild panic attack and can barely breathe. This is frustrating to say the least and I am fed up feeling so fat with this drug! Not sure whether to carry on or end taking this. Anyone else feel these symptoms - especially the difficult to swallow/breathe/panic bit? Many thanks"

Cazzita February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I truly believe it works at stopping leakage. I thought I had found a miracle cure, but I seem to be allergic and can't take the burning redness and rash. I have gone through a couple of boxes because it works so well but six days after only a 24 hour use I still have a terrible itchy red rash. I will still consider using for special occasions. And I must agree it is expensive."

The Woman February 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Overactive Bladder: "Been taking oxybutynin 20 mg for over 20 years. Used to go pee every 20 minutes, now it's approx. 2 hours. The dry mouth is tolerable....use Biotene mouth spray or chew gum."

vlata (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Overactive Bladder: "I used this medication for neurogenic bladder with constant UTI's. It helped my bladder, but I got dry mouth and severe sinus swelling. I was unable to breath out my nose and eventually got sinusitis and had to stop the medication after 3 months."

Buffdominator (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Overactive Bladder: "I have the worst bladder ever. I have been taking oxybutynin for years. At first I thought there was no hope. It takes up to 3 months to determine how well this medication will work. Trust me it takes far more than a few days to see how this medicine will work. But it will make a huge difference. I'm 36 yrs old. I still have problems with my bladder. But my life is tolerable now."

Scott123000 January 10, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "Been suffering from hyperhidrosis since many years but it has been coming on worse during the more recent years. Started to socially distance myself and was always thinking about what to wear and how to lay out the day to avoid sweating. After taking Oxybutynin for one day I noticed a change. While exercising I start to sweat but kind of in a normal way. In everyday life no more sweating. It has changed my life! Thanks for all the help from all of you that's on here. Felt like I got my life back!! I'm super happy!"

Zander12 January 8, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have suffered from Hyperhidrosis since childhood. I always wished to live a normal life just like other people though I saw other people suffered differently and I kept myself silent and cried in silence. It took me more time to prepare myself travelling on trains and buses so people won't smell my sweat (mold smell) from my feet. I could wipe my hands constantly but feet was hard to manage. Today I feel so happy and positive taking oxybutynin. I have no thoughts about sweat. I used to wonder how would a medication control my brain? The minute I thought about sweat, it would appear! but I am sweat free because of this medication and I am thankful of researchers, doctors, scientist, pharmaceutical companies and of course above all God."

Yasmin S. January 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "This is my first day of using Oxytrol...Amazing ....there is no comparison in the difference...I have not had urgency, leakage, or inability to control....I will continue to buy this product. I tried Azo...and it did not help at all....I am more than pleased with the Oxytrol...."

caren4u (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urinary Incontinence: "Did no one else experience what happened to me? I started on Oxybutynin 5 mg twice a day (oral); there was a significant improvement in bladder control. I used less pads and thinner-type pads. HOWEVER, the side effect I experienced was exceedingly annoying: my nose stayed stuffed up constantly; I'd wake up with cotton mouth; lips cracked and bleeding from not being able to breathe through my nose. It took a large application of Vicks Vaporub into my nostrils; pouring of hot water into them; holding hot washcloths on my sinuses for an hour at a time; and using inordinate amounts of saline sinus spray to finally clear my nose. When I stopped taking Oxybutynin, my nose became clear within a few days. Never again will I use Oxybutynin."

LoveLions (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Overactive Bladder: "I am 14 years old and I suffer from OAB. I constantly have the urge to use the bathroom, every second of the day. I have been taking this medicine since October. I was taking one a day until December, when I took 3 a day because it wasn't working. Now I am on 4 times a day for maybe 2 weeks and I feel absolutely no improvement. It is so frustrating because I'm in highschool, and I got to the bathroom 8 times a school day. I don't know what else to do, or if these pills will end up working at all."

Anonymous December 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Didn't work at all :("

Stalli (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "I only started sweating after being on narcotic drugs and several other prescriptions in 2005. The sweating on my face, chest, neck and back is horrible!! I joke with people that I don't need to shower as I'm showering with sweat everyday! I stopped doing everything, even cleaning & I was completely embarrassed just going shopping. I now sit in my bedroom doing as little as possible. I've had the oxybutynin only a month and I don't take it everyday but when I do, there seems to be an already marked improvement!! I've been getting regular Botox shots in my hairline and along the back of my neck but to no avail. If the few "OxyBs" I've taken are a sign of what's to come, then THANK GOD.. I truly believe I WILL get my life back!"

Cnucme? (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "It's amazing. After only one day I've stopped my excessive sweating from my head. So so so happy. No side effects yet. Don't care if there are. I can look forward to summer now."

Melxray (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "This is miracle !!! life saver it is the best for sweating hands and feet after only 4 days of using this crazy unbelievable thing , I don't sweate anymore thanks god now I can feel as a normal people no more shit sweating"

Mrb-777 hotmail (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "Ive had hyperhydrosis my whole childhood and so being able to have this medication during my highschool years is so helpful, not just because of the bullying and my self-esteem but the amount of things I can finally do. I just wish it wasnt a daily medication."

Ey.its.me (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Okay. I've been using this for a few months now and it's changed everything for me. It started working right away for me - I went to dinner with friends on the second night I had this on, and didn't have to go to the restroom once. Then. I walked around a park for awhile with no urge. I got home before I even had to pee. AND I DRANK BOTH WATER AND COLA! at the restaurant. I notice it starts to lose its effectiveness over time, sometimes well before the 4 days. Not sure if that's because of the chosen locations or what. Now and then I take a week long break altogether... Then try again and it works again. I guess I build up resistance over time and it needs to be reset. I use a waterproof bandage adhesive over top the patch to keep it on."

Alxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "It does work well and you get bad side affects if you are taking anti deppressants or anti anxiety medications."

GBW7919 October 22, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Medication helped with frequent urination. I was able to sleep all night finally. Gave me severe dry mouth and sinus issues. Had to stop taking."

Stealthina (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "I really wanted this to work for my hyperhydrosis however I only took 2.5mg last night before bed & today I have found the side effects intolerable; dry eyes, headache, drowsiness & lethargy, dry nose. So unfortunately I can't continue on & see if it's effective in reducing my sweating "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Overactive Bladder: "78 yr old male with type II diabetes with daily load of insulin, transdermally 55-80 units. Early on in my diabetes treatment was prescribed Oxybutynin orally for incontinence, ran a trial for 60 days with no apparent benefit and I could not "train" my un-cooperative bladder and sphincter to await some instruction from me continued to do as they pleased. After being on Oxytrol for over 8 months my quality of life has improved immeasurably. I generally agree with all of the positive reviews including but not limited to frequency, urgency and zero side effects. I have also found the efficacy of the patch is OK up to 6 days. I will purchase my next supply from Amazon where I figure I can control my cost to about $1.00 per day."

Confederate Money (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "I am a 55 year old woman who has suffered from sweaty hands and feet for as long as I can remember. Also the icy feet and hands while still sweating. It's been a lifelong struggle. I've tried everything over the years and nothing worked. About a year ago I watched an episode of diagnose me. Long story short she suffered from hyperhidrosis. The cure Oxybuten. It's a bladder control medicine. But for me it's lifesaver. I have warm dry hands and feet 95 percent of the time. It's changed my life."

svel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have suffered excessive sweating most of my life. It started when i was around 6 yrs old my hands and feet were constantly wet I recall my mother calling me a frog lol. A few years ago it became out of control I had sweat dripping fown my back, my hair my head, my groin literally my whole body was constantly wet. Omg when I went on oxybutynin 5mg it stopped, ive been on it for 3 weeks and am beginning to slightly sweat again which means i will go onto 10mg. The side effects i get is a very dry mouth and drowsiness, however I cut back my dosage and slowly increased it I found this to limit the side affects. This medication has changed my life I feel normal and can wear my normal clothes and now feel the cold and so excited to wear a coat."

Puff ball August 15, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "It helps but unfortunately all Walmarts in Reno Nv are constantly out of stock. I went to a pharmacy thinking surly they must stock the product but I had no luck. The pharmacist had no I deal what this product was. I felt like the pharmacist thought I was asking for OxyContin. I wish they would change the name and stock the store better with this product. What a shame now I will have to depend on a physician for a perscription. This product only helps for the first two days not for four days as advertised."

Saboo August 5, 2016