User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Dysuria

Urinary Incontinence
5.8

Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 6.7 255 reviews

Reviews for Oxybutynin

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "48 hours after I began the oxytrol patch, I have a large bright red mark on my abdomen. It.looks like blisters or a burn. I removed the patch. I also am now experiencing abdominal spasms, An intense fluttering In my lower abdomen. I did not see this anywhere listed as a side effect. I'm very disappointed I had high hopes for this product"

Jane (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "First started with 10ml then to 15ml due to nighttime frequent urination and incontinence. I'm a 55yrs old woman, the only help the med gave me was I stopped leaking urine. It actually made me go more at night (every 45min to and hour) and the side effects of dry mouth/ dry nose. I had to have water with me constantly and couldn’t swallow while eating without liquid. I coughed like I had bronchitis which was terrible, totally exhausted. Honestly it was hell! Dr told me to continue and could take up to 3 months for full effect of meds. I tried in vane! However after having heart palpitations and blood pressure reached 220/110 I stopped taking it. After 2 days blood pressure went down to 186/96. Not sure if it’s totally related to the Oxybutynin because my GP put me on blood pressure meds, after 8 hrs went down to 144/86."

Darchris (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I was seen by the doctor today for hyperhidrosis - never did I know there was a treatment for it. Anyways, I sweat profusely and overheat in an instant. The sweat starts on my head and pours down my scalp, neck, and face! My pits are always wet even though I slather myself up with antiperspirant. My family even had to bring me clothes at work bc I was drenched. I even start sweating after a cold shower, like right out of the shower! Ugh! I read the comments/reviews and have faith that I, too, will be dry!!!"

Sweaty McSweat Sweats July 3, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have been on this medication for about 2 weeks and it is a real life changer !! I have to say though that I first got Oxybutynin XL and that didn’t help at all, so when I went back to my doctor she said that I probably needed the normal Oxybutynin. The one with XL is for extended release and the normal one is for short release and that helps most with the sweating. I can not even begin to tell you how much this changed my life!!! Yes, I have a dry mouth and sometimes a little blurry vision but I will take that any day over the sweating. Hope you guys try it out, I give it a 10!!!!"

Sweat free (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "You guys! I have to share my experience because this is life- changing (so far!) I have had issues sweating in my palms and feet ever since I was like 10. Now at 30 it has become almost debilitating with my career, I used to think I’d have to live with this forever so I got used to it and concealed it. I have NEVER told anyone. Is that crazy. Until recently I had to see my doctor because it seems during the summer it’s so much worse. She prescribed me oxybutynin and after like 4 days I am seeing a difference! A little clammy but I am only taking one 5 mg tablet a day. I assume when I start 2 a day it will completely decrease. The only side effects so far are dry mouth, I get sleepy earlier now, and a little bloody nose. It’s not cheap with my insurance but I would pay more to get rid of this mortifying disorder!!! You guys must get this from your doctor if you are suffering. Don’t continue to be embarrassed by this! Hope this helps."

Ms sweaty palms (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I am an 18 year old girl with extreme insecurities due to my hyperhidrosis on my hands, underarms and feet. I have tried everything from creams to iontophoresis, may last resort was surgery. Until my dermatologist put me on this, I haven't sweat for two weeks and my life has completely changed. I can now shake peoples hands, write in books and not have the pages turn yellow and I can actually put gloves ON!!!! My life has changed forever, and I will never ever be happier."

fill (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "This is only my third day on oxybutynin and I’m ready to stop taking it. Day 1 I felt loopy and could not concentrate, with dry mouth and eyes. Day 2 and 3 have me feeling (in addition to day 1 symptoms) very anxious and short of breath and it seems to be making my hair/scalp greasy! The anxiety and the way it makes my hair feel after just three days might be worse than going to the bathroom every 30-45 mins. So torn because it does seem to have alleviated some of the urges to go to the bathroom after just 3 days. 18-19 were my average daily and today was only 10-12!"

SMS (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "Used medication for almost three months. Bad side effects ie very dry mouth and skin. Unfortunately no benefits to urinary incontinence."

NJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I experienced every side effect from oxybutynin that there is. I had to stop taking it after 8 days. I started having involuntary rapid eye movement, massive burning in my chest, dry eyes and throat, dry mouth, bad taste in my mouth, palpitations and anxiety. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It never worked for the problem it was prescribed for, it only added extra problems."

Memorize (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I asked my doctor to prescribe this pill on Tuesday and by Wednesday I could tell the difference. I typically sweat in my hands, feet, groin area and arm pits. Normally once I am over heated there is no stopping the sweat. Yesterday I noticed I went outside for a bit in 90+ degrees and I started to sweat but it only lasted for a few minutes and once I went inside the building I was dry after a few minutes. Normally just being outside for 10 minutes could trigger a sweat attack for hours! I will post an update in a few weeks. Thank you all for your feedback because it is saving my life! Oh, and I have noticed dry mouth, but I typically drink 90 oz of water a day so it won't be a huge problem I hope."

dryarmpits (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I've suffered from sweaty palms and feet since childhood as it runs in the family. I'm now 43yrs old and just found out about oxybutynin 3 weeks ago. I immediately got my doctor to write me up a prescription. 3 days after taking 5mg twice a day my hands were about 90% dry and feet about 75%. 3 weeks on this medication and dry all day long!!!!! I do experience dry mouth, eye and nose, however, I would gladly trade those side effects to be confident and dry. Hope this helps :-)"

JV May 25, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I went to a bladder specialist after continuous issues. Immediately after I started oxybutynin I had mini seizures after the 2nd dose and blacked out, also lost hearing for about 10 minutes. I was rushed to the E.R 2 times and continued having seizures for a while. Cat scans were done and they were normal, it was from the medication. The emergency room doctor claimed that a lot of people have reactions to this medication and mini seizures is one of them. I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND taking this."

Cierra (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I took oxybutynin which worked great. NO one told me about being older, that I could get severe side effects. Did not know it was the drug. No one whom is over 65 should take it. So far no one has offered any help on alleviating problems except to see a neurologist. Not fair. No one counselled me. DO NOT TAKE THIS. PADS are cheaper to use than feeling like I have lost my mind and it seems no one really cared."

bitsy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 17, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I've been on it now for 7 days the heart burn is bad, a little dry mouth, my frequency is slowed down a bit gonna stay on it fir a lil while longer. Sometimes I pee a lil more, somedays less but thats my anxiety that triggers it to as my nerves are a lil on edge but - thats just me. I'm hoping in time it does help me ...."

Paul April 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "This product so far has been horrible for me. I suffer from IC (intersistital cystitis) and it's suppose to reduce the amount of times I urinate, but it hasn't . And honestly sometimes I can't get all of the urine out of my bladder because of this medication. It causes constipation , I pee more with this medication then without . I just feel like I'm never gonna find a pill that'll actually help me. I'm miserable"

Kat (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "Hope this helps somebody. I've had severe night sweats for 5 years, since having an ovary removed. Drenching sheets multiple times a night. Tried a dozen treatments, mostly oral hormones, that didn't help at all. Then, tried Gabapentin. It stopped the night sweats completely! But made me feel spaced out all day --not an acceptable trade-off. Finally tried Oxybutinin for night sweats. It's been less than a week, but so far the severity of my sweats is drastically reduced and I've had no side effects! Good luck to us all."

Tessie (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "I have been taking oxybutynin for 4 weeks I see no improvement at all"

This sucks March 15, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since I could remember. The hands and feet didn't really bother me much in the beginning, but about 4 years ago the armpits started and it was just depressing. This thing just takes over and you can't control it. I've tried medicines, botox, miradry with no lasting or permanent relief. Just went I thought it couldn't get worst, surprise, surprise, it just went downhill from there because 2 years ago it just spread to my entire body. It is just THOUGHT CONSUMING and EMBARRASSING. I just came from my doctor today and she prescribed oxybutynin, I really hope it works and be one of the lucky ones. Can't wait to start it. Will give update in a month."

OptimisticlySweaty March 15, 2018

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am very upset and disappointed in this product. It says the patch last for 4 days, (well it might if it stayed on) no matter where I put it as soon as I took a shower it became a hard plastic and fell off. So every day I had to put a new patch on, so instead of 4 patches lasting me 16 days I only got 4 patches for 4 days. I don't know about any other women there but I take a shower everyday, I am not going 4 days without a shower! Not happy at all! :("

Trier (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "I have severe urinary incontinence--no control whatever. Oxybutynin which worked really well. I still had to wear pads, but went from the most absorbent to the least. HOWEVER---there was a weird side effect to this drug. I tested this myself, so I know what I'm telling all of you is absolutely true. This caused my nasal passages to become horribly stuffed.....couldn't breathe through my nose at all. The method to clear my nostrils involved using saline spray, Sinex spray, hot water compresses, hot water soaks in the shower, and then, finally, forcibly flowing my nose so hard I'd almost pop a vein in my forehead. Seriously!! It was awful. Every time I'd take the stuff for about 5 days, the blockages would start. And they wouldn't increase slowly--as soon as I'd feel stuffed, they would be COMPLETELY stuffed. It took 4-5 days after stopping the drug before my nasal passages would completely clear. So, I hope there's something else I can take which does not have this side effect."

LoveLions118 March 4, 2018

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "This medicine killed her bladder. "

Jocie (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "Male (64 years old). Dr prescribed Oxybutynin to help with bladder spasms caused by catheter/urine bag for first four days after Urolift procedure. After catheter removal, while taking Oxybutynin (twice daily), could hold up to 10 oz of urine (previously avg 4-5 oz) with less urgency than my "normal". Did experience dry mouth and feeling of dehydration but countered with increased water consumption. Used stool softeners to avoid constipation. Unfortunately, I still got myself constipated, passed a very hard stool and got gastroenteritis (not due to Oxybutynin). Stopped Oxybutynin to avoid constipation and my urologist has recommended Myrbetriq (mirabegron). New drug and very expensive (up to $350 a month!). Side effects are about the same as Oxybutynin with the added danger of much higher blood pressures (which I'm also dealing with)! I don't have a long history with Oxybutynin. However, if I continue taking a drug for my sensitive bladder, I would stick with Oxybutynin."

Flying Gizmo February 23, 2018

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "So I have multiple sclerosis/frequent and urgent bladder issues. I used these patches for several years with very good results. Worked best for 3 days, wearing for 4 days not as good on last day. Adhesive stays on after removing patch and built up over a period of time causing skin irritation and redness. Worked best on abdomen, not as well on buttocks. Did not stick well or stay on hip. I think the reason it didn't stay as well on hip & bottom was because of heat in those areas. Overall very satisfied with product."

Idahogirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I'm 24, I've had hyperhydrosis since I was 12, I have palmar hyperhydrosis. I started taking oxybutynin tablets 3 days ago ( 5mg twice a day ,total 10mg a day) ,I haven't noticed any change in my sweating for the first two days,I felt like I sweat maybe even more ,and all I got were the side effects (dry mouth ,throat and dizziness ) today (the third day) I started seeing some results my sweating was decreased about 50% ,I still sweat though but I'm looking forward for better results on the next upcoming days"

Anonymous February 15, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I've been taking 5mg Oxybutynin for about two months. The dry eyes, mouth, lack of sweating were tolerable after the first couple of weeks. I do notice that I don't go to the restroom AS much (from around 25-26 times a day to 10-12). I've also had diarrhea since I've began taking. Am wondering if anyone else has the same issue?"

Katrina182 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018