User Reviews for Oxybutynin

5.6

Dysuria

Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 6.6 282 reviews

Reviews for Oxybutynin

For Overactive Bladder: "Oxybutynin has helped a lot with stopping me needing use bathroom as much. But I have severe dry mouth and throat, my voice has become raspy even. Has that happened to anyone else taking this - having a raspy voice. Not sure if it's due to the very dry mouth and throat. I've been taking this medication for almost a year now."

Alla March 20, 2019

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been taking 5mg oxybutynin twice a day for about a month now for my overactive bladder. I’m 55. I have sporadic stomach pain, bloating, dry mouth, dry eyes. I’m concerned about the stomach pain and wonder if I should stop taking the medicine. It has helped me going from 6 trips to the bathroom to about 3. Any feedback about my stomach pain is appreciated."

Mona (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "After my prostate was removed, I had constant "dribbling" problems and had to wear an adult diaper. After 1 month the ditropan stopped the dribbling but I do have a bit of a problem initiating a flow, especially when my bladder is not full."

Bob-O (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2019

Oxytrol for Women (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I tried Oxytrol for women and it didn’t do anything. At least I didn’t have any side effects! I used all the patches in the box. I would really be nice to find something that works. I tried Detrol too."

Gabby (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2019

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been using the patch for about 3 years now. I have issues sometimes with the patch not sticking. If I clean my skin well with alcohol first that helps. On occasion, I use medical tape around the edges. Overall, it sticks fine. I switch between hips. For me, that is the best area. I do on occasion experience and itchy redness but the patch is still worth the minor occasional discomfort. I find this happens if any water gets under the patch. I had urinary urgency to go to the point I do a pee pee dance. The patch has resolved this issue and I no longer have accidents. If I get a cold or flu, I pee a ton when I sneeze. This is when I have to have a pad or a pull-up. Still, for every day, not sick times, the patch has improved my quality of life. I started using the patch at 46. I am 49 now. I did notice if I take an antihistamine for allergies I have to be careful how much I take. The antihistamine seems to weaken the effect of the patch."

LeakyGirl March 2, 2019

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "Whilst my problem is not major I did have issues with the patch staying on and the sticky black residue when I took it off. The patch would only stay on for about 24 hours. I haven't had any side effects. I found a solution for the patches coming off etc. - use an alcohol wipe to clean the skin, leave the skin to dry then put the patch on, then cover it with a patch of Elastoplast Elastowrap (or similar) bigger that the actual patch (about the size of the Oxytrol packaging) - I cut mine from the roll and make sure you cut the corners to make a curve. I when my patch is due to come off I take my patch off whilst in the shower with the water spraying on the area as this reduces the redness left by the patch. I found this out by trial and error, and hope this helps you."

Dalmeny (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2019

For Hyperhidrosis: "I've suffered with focal sweating on head and face since the age of 14. Got considerably worse during the menopause. This medication has completely stopped it!!! ! I can't believe I didn't go to my gp before now. I used to think it was just me and it's just something you get used to. But don't suffer in silence. This drug really really works and has changed my life. Thank you science!"

Anonymous February 22, 2019

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "Was on them for almost 3 years. I had had my gall bladder removed 2 months beforehand. I then started taking Ditropan and got dry mouth, dry nose. I then started getting spasmodic stomach pains, nausea, occasional sickness, bloating and constipation. At its worst I had two admissions to hospital by ambulance and was put on a morphine drip. I saw my GP, I was referred to gastroenterologist and then on to a specialist. I had a scan, MRI scan and endoscopy as the medical “experts” thought it was gall bladder debris. Each time I asked if it could be any of the medication I was taking. Answer : No. I was concerned that this drug could be linked with dementia. Reading up on the side effects all my symptoms I was experiencing were exactly the same as listed. Since coming off these tablets the symptoms have stopped and I’ve taken great pleasure in informing the medics of the cessation of these symptoms."

Dins (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2019

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Dysuria: "This drug ruined my life. I was on a five day course of 15 mg. An hour later after taking this medication, I experienced an unusual taste in the mouth (metallic/bitter), foods tasted distorted, (phantageusia) and now my tongue burns. I stopped taking the medication right after these side effects and here I am now with lingering side effects since April 2018. These doctors never go into the side effects in depth but only the common side effects. After telling my doctor about thus side effect, he acted like I was crazy. Never thought something like this could happen"

Shay (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2019

For Hyperhidrosis: "I began taking oxybitinin/Teva around June 2017 after suffering severe hyperhidrosis for nine years from methadone use. Prior to beginning oxybutynin, I was so embarrased about my hyperhidrosis that I found myself working outdoor solitary jobs (if working at all), shopping at odd hours, avoiding restaurants, malls, farmers markets, parties, etc. My life was incredibly restricted. Ten milligrams a day of Oxybutynin has, quite literally, given me my life back. The only penalty I pay is slight dry mouth on occasion. Do not be afraid to suggest this med to your doctor. Most are unaware of its use for this issue."

Non Agoriphobic (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 19, 2018

For Dysuria: "I had to stop taken this medication because of the side effects that I had. I had flu like symptoms nervous anxiety depression sleepy during the day. It did help my symptoms a little but had to stop taken and was only on the medication for less then 1 week."

detour12 (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "58 to male. I suffered bouts of Overactive bladder on and off over a couple of years, sought urologist review when couldn't sleep after night shift due to constant urge to void. Drinking any less than 2L/day of water made things worse. Oxybutinin 5mg BD relieved symptoms but full blood workup indicated grossly raised TSH levels. There's some evidence night duty can cause autoimmune disorders. Prescribed levothyroxine and 6 weeks later no symptoms and oxy ceased. Get a full set of bloods done as sometimes bladder irritability can be a symptom and not a diagnosis."

BPanda (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2018

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Reduced number of bathroom trips"

Lindy (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I'm a 60 year old male experience Urinary Stress urgency really bad. I know Oxytrol says only for women, but I needed some relief. I have gotten this med approved with my doctors full approval. I have been on the patches now for just over a month and they work swell. I change the patch every 4 days and the medication seems to last me the full 4 days. I wear the patch below my belly button down in my pubic area which I keep shaved. It works well there. Stays on nicely."

GD (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "So-so. Decreases frequency from once per hour to once every 2 hours - nothing miraculous. You have to take a pill 3 times per day. That's not convenient and I usually forget the second and third doses. No side effects though."

Monica (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "I used this for a year and got off of it due to the nasal issues PLUS the neurologist says to STAY OFF of it. He said oxybutinin contributes to dementia and increases the symptoms of dementia .I've also tried the expensive MYBETRIQ..doesn't work either. Next step back to the urologist."

Mema (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "This medication is great. I have been struggling with hyperhydrosis for as long as I can remember. Now that I’ve reached a point of maturity in my life I now realize how much it was affecting my relationships, my social life, my style of dress and career options. I have hyperhydrosis on my palms, feet, and under arms. Oxybutynin helps me stay dry even when I’m driving!! My mouth is constantly dry but I’ll take that over sweating. I still sweat a little on my palms and feet when it’s hot but it’s not sweating profusely and it goes away shortly after."

Asdfghjkl (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

Gelnique (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am 72 and been on It for over a year The only problem is it tends to not be as affective after a while. Took 5mg twice a day. Now going to try 5mg once a day Side effects have been minimal. Some dry mouth and constipation Drinking more water helps both."

Riley (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I was recently diagnosed with OAB a few weeks ago after suffering for the passed three months. I was prescribed so many medications leading up to my diagnosis and they all made it worse. My urologist prescribed oxybutynin 5mg twice a day. I’m on day 6 and my side effects are extreme fatigue, extreme dry eyes to the point where no eye drops help me, constipation and extreme dry mouth. Yes it improved my bladder symptoms but personally, I don’t think it’s worth it"

Bekindtoyourself91 August 25, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have sjogrens syndrome, for almost 7 years and the sweating comes along with that. All the symptoms are there, dry mouth-eyes-the sweating started in the last 2 years as soon as the humidity and heat start up until the start of late fall. It has gotten worse where I can't stand around the stove to cook. Don't eat too much hot food in those months. I've learned so much on the computer and I found 1 medication that helps pretty much, it is a towelette that u dab on your body, its,it's called sweat block and its pretty good. Also my rheumatologist put me on oxybutin. So far so good. Don't sweat at nite, and thankful for that.Good luck to all, can't wait for winter here in N.C."

Bet (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I actually take it for both overactive bladder as well as excessive sweating I've been taking 10mg 2x a day. I've been taking it about a year. I still have EXCESSIVE sweating and I have SEVERE constipaton...to the point where stool softeners don't even work. I also feel like I have a bladder infection a lot of the time. I'm going to the dr in a few days and I'm getting off of this stuff. It has helped my bladder problems though, so I'm bummed about that. It was nice while it lasted. Hopefully my dr has something else to try."

Sussus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "I found that this doesn't work it just cause complications. It increases the urine flow and doesn't stop the flow. I found that it increase the flow of urine."

Docrepo (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I am 30 and I have suffered with an overactive bladder for a little over a year now. I was embarassed to even speak with my doctor about it. I finally did and she gave me this to treat it. I noticed a change within the day! I take it morning and night. I no longer have to wake up and RUN for the bathroom because I am "going" on myself. I have been in public places and it hits out of nowhere and I just start going on myself. I started wearing pads to help but they can only hold so much. Today is day 3 without a pad or accident and I am so happy! It works. I stand by that!"

RubyJay August 4, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I took Oxybutynin 5mg for 6 weeks for my overactive bladder. while it curbed that in great fashion, it created side effects that got worse and worse. I experienced drowsiness, dizziness, headaches, dry mouth and blurred vision. I stopped taking this medication. One last note, if you take a depression med (in my case Amitriptyline) those meds can actually increase these side effects, take this medicine with caution!"

Jack (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I've been taking it for over 6 months. I started with 5mg 2x a day, but didn't help a lot. The only difference I noticed was that I didn't get up as many times during the night. My doctor upped me to 10mg a day, but have a lot of what I call bladder pressure, which actually hurts. It felt like I had a bad UTI (but didn't). I'm getting new RX for 15mg extended release, which I think will work, since I've tried taking a 10mg in the morning, & 5mg at night, which worked great! The side effects of dry mouth & dry eyes are tolerable to me, ditto the cough, because I have congestive heart failure, & heart meds give me the same side effects, so I'm used to it. I still have to wear a pad, but went from heavy overnight poise pads to moderate leakage pads. "

HollyC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 27, 2018