User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Dysuria 1 reviews 28 medications

Urinary Incontinence 33 reviews 49 medications

6.1
Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 170 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Oxybutynin

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "It helps but unfortunately all Walmarts in Reno Nv are constantly out of stock. I went to a pharmacy thinking surly they must stock the product but I had no luck. The pharmacist had no I deal what this product was. I felt like the pharmacist thought I was asking for OxyContin. I wish they would change the name and stock the store better with this product. What a shame now I will have to depend on a physician for a perscription. This product only helps for the first two days not for four days as advertised."

Saboo August 5, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence: "Been on Oxybutynin CL ER 15 mg tablets for 5 weeks. No improvement. I have to wear depends with a pad because I leak that much. I just leak urine and I do not know it. No urge. Not from coughing or laughter. I just drip a lot all day long. It is so horrible."

horrible July 31, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "I have taken oxybutynin for many years and have been happy with the result. Recently I had a Uti and was on antibiotics. Now I am having problems urinating, I am now on Flomax to start the urine pathway, I stopped the oxybutynin for a short time and plan to go back to it when I feel better."

Suz5309 July 29, 2016

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "These definintely work. Day one I saw relief with the gotta go right now feeling, frequency and leakage. The downside is the patches rarely last four days, usually 36 hours to 48 hours, which makes them very expensive. They are itchy and cause redness where the patch is placed. The edges collect lint from your clothes which make the patch look dirty. They constantly get caught on your clothing and pull your skin. As they dry up, they begin to sound "crinkly" which could be embarrassing. The drying up can occur as soon as 24 hours. They are also not clear and discreet. The background is clear but there are 10 logos printed across each patch. Very sexy."

Oxytrol (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Medicine made me feel very ill, nausea, extreme drowsiness, slept twelve hours after just two doses. Had difficulty swallowing and it felt like their were sticks in my throat. The drug did not seem to work that well but stopped taking due to the side effects."

Simdiva (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "Very dry throat and mouth, eyes, nose...bladder still overactive but, due to increased water intake, volume greater. Dyspepsia, occasional blurred vision...no changes to lifestyle or decreased energy."

wollie July 11, 2016

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Works but I have the lining of the patch still and it looks like a scar! It's been 3 weeks and it still hasn't gone away!"

Abc123$%*- July 7, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "I've suffered from Hyperhidrosis for several years. It started on my forehead and just spread. I had given up all hope. I went to two Dermatologist's and I was just told to take with me extra clothing to change or that I had to loose weight. I sweated no matter what. If it was snow outside, I was still sweating. If I just sat at home and enjoyed a movie I was sweat. There was no cure for this and I had given up. I got social anxiety and I avoided people and situations. Could only wear dark and black cloths. Suddenly I was hit by a miracle. Oxybutynin. I didn't belive the drug could help at all, but the Dermatologist said I should give it a try. My life has changed since then. I can finally live as a normal human being again."

nevergiveup84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "I decided to have ETS when I was in my early 30's after suffering for many years from acute underarm sweating. While successful, subsequent compensatory sweating (including gustatory sweating) created a whole new set of problems. This has mostly been easier to disguise and manage but it is a constant worry and a nightmare in the summer months. 20 years later, I discovered Propantheline Bromide and then Lyrinel XL. The former did have a noticeable benefit when taken early morning well before food but efficacy deteriorated with subsequent top ups in the day. The Lyrinel XL, if allowed to build up a few days, seems much longer lasting and has fewer side effects. Early days and not a complete cure but a massive improvement."

LondonBoy July 4, 2016

For : "I've been taking this medicine for kidney spasms after having a kidney stone stent put in. I started taking it before bed because I don't like the dizzy feeling I get but there is so much relief from pain from the kidney spasms I feel great in the morning. I just wake up with a bit of dry mouth."

Jessi1986 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I have overactive bladder & Incontinence really bad for being in my late 30's. I never thought a single patch for 24 hours could even function for my disfunctional bladder. I put it on for the first time after I showered before bed, waking up I didn't feel as full and didn't have to rush to the bathroom. During the day no leakage at all when I walk and no urge. I feel normal again. All I know whoever invented this is genius cause it is so nice to not wear pads, but please just reduce the price a bit."

ClaraKelly May 18, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "Prescribed oxybutnin er 10 MG once a day for OAB. Female 23 yes old. Ive been taking it for a little over two weeks with no real improvement. The only thing I can notice us perhaps I am able to empty my bladder a little easier, but not much. Still have urgency, spasms, and frequentl urination. Made my mouth and lips very very very dry. Made me thirsty but didn't help me at all. I'm sorry but I don't recommend it. Vesicare was the only thing I think will actually help me, too bad it costs $200 and my insurance refuses to pay for it."

Tessx (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "Dry mouth and throat on and off, especially during the night. Also going since starting in the medication my periods have been lighter flow and slightly shorter."

Tannya. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "After ten years of being brushed off by people I thought where dermatologists I have finally found relief in this medication. As my career and age progressed I have been placed in social situations that require hand to hand contact. My hands and armpits sweat constantly to a point they were dripping. It negatively affected all aspect of intimate encounters. Within a day of starting this medication I saw results. I was given 5mg however I notice that I must take it twice a day for a total of 10mg. No side effects except dry mouth and itching dry eyes."

ColdSweat (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have suffered with excessive sweating for the past year or so. This is a long term side effect of my Duloxetine. I'm on 120 mgs a day for pain management (peripheral neuropathy from having had Guillam Barre Syndrome) and my mood. I suffered terrible sweating on my back and chest and under my arms. I would arrive at work saturated. I would need to change my shirt 2 or 3 times in a day. I started on Oxybutinin extended release in February 2016 and the change has been amazing. I experience a number of side effects. Mainly dry mouth, slightly blurred vision and stomach and bowel problems but in comparison to the sweating I know what I prefer. It's made such a difference. I'm a UK resident."

Stratfordkit58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "Suffer from excessive sweating on my face & when in hot climate it spreads to my back too. I begged help from GP who tried me on Propanthaline which left me in agony due to difficulty passing urine & cystitis type reaction after 3 days use. I was then passed to dermatology dept. at hospital who just said nothing could do! Oh the wonder of UK'S NHS!! Said to try propanano, which again did not work. So I did my own research and went 'cap in hand' back to my GP & BEGGED to try Oxybutynin. He said no solid evidence it works & it's just a placebo for hyperhydrosis. Anyway he gave in & said I could try 5mg a day. I started them 5 days ago & but better so upping dose to 10mg (at night) as makes me drowsy."

Drummie69 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "This medication has helped me so much. Over the last few years my sweating became really excessive on my face and neck. My neck just gushed swest. All areas of my life were affected, and I was humiliated on a daily basis. I heard about an oral medication for hyperhidrosis, so I went online to do some research and I learned about oxybutynin, then went to the doctor who gave me a prescription for 5mg 2x daily. I think it took 2 or 3 days to see a difference, and it was a big difference. I was literally overjoyed. I don't mind the side effects (dry mouth and drowsiness), but for me the oxybutynin does not take the sweating completely away. I'm now in 10 mg 2x daily. I also notice it stops working about halfway through my day."

Happytobesweatfree (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "I have only rated this med a 1 simply because of the side effects. I am SO disappointed. The meds actually work so well, I went from going to the bathroom every 20 minuets and 5 or 6 times a night to around 8 times a day, BUT oh my the side effects. After 2 days I had to stop the medication. The worst migraine of my life, nausea, dizzyness, blurred vision, and I felt like my heart was about to jump out of my chest. PLEASE who ever makes this please fix the side effects, so that I can take this med."

need some help (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence: "It helps so much in strong urges, and I have warning to get to bathroom, where before I had to use diaper on long trip or at night. Very embarrassing."

Does it cause hair loss in wom (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "I asked my doctor recently that I can't break a sweat when I work out. He said it was this medication. I see the full tablet in my stool. Not sure it's absorbed in my system. Going to contact my doctor."

Dick Davidson (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 26, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "Fifteen years ago I was desperate to find relief for my severe Hyperhydrosis (hands and feet). I discovered oxybutinin and it has literally changed the course of my life. I started with one 5mg dose in the morning and one 5mg dose at night. The side effects (drowsiness, foggy brain, dry mouth) were a little much for me so I cut my morning dose in half. This medication has allowed me to feel like a normal person and to engage in activities that I used to withdraw from (public speaking, shaking hands, wearing flip flops, etc.). I tried Botox (very little effect), acupuncture, drysol. Nothing has been nearly as effective as the oxybutinin. It's a game-changer!"

ShelbyAS March 22, 2016

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Great product I have been on other drugs that gave me back side effects-rash, itching, dry mouth, constipation, headache, dizziness, back pain, etc. I urinate on average 20-40 times a day every approx 15-20 minutes, after using the patch I went as long as 2 hours without using restroom. my skin is irritated and red but better than spending my whole day in the bathroom. I cant believe my doctor didn't put me on this over the counter drug first before spending hundreds of dollars on prescription medications. I have suffered for over 30 yrs with the issue of urgency and frequency this is a miracle for me. Praise the LORD"

Nee Nee #1 March 3, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "I lived in South east asia, basically it is summer all year round over here. I have been suffering from craniofacial hyperhidrosis since young. And the condition got progressively bad over the years especially the last 3 years. It has affected my personal life, my career and my psychological state of mind. Because I was so afraid of sweating, I developed social anxiety. Until earlier this week, I decided to get help for it and I came across Oxybutynin as oral treatment for HH. Within 2nd day of taking it, my sweating was reduced by 70%. 3rd and subsequent days I basically am sweat free. It's been years since I last felt this good! I regained my confidence, became more sociable. I got my career back on track, I got my life back."

sweaty dude February 26, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "I've had hyperhidrosis since early teens. All my body is affected but feet are the worst. In the past I had to change shoes every 2-3 months because they started smell from my feet. I was ashamed when shaking hands because mine were constantly wet. I have tried many things but nothing worked. Oxybutynin changed my life. I only take one tablet at night as higher dose makes me drowsy and my mouth gets too dry. This is enough to stop my body sweating, however not enough for my feet; but this is a compromise. Feel like I was given a new life. Shame GPS don't prescribe it as proper hyperhydrosis treatment."

Polanda February 11, 2016

For Hyperhidrosis: "This condition came from no where I never had any problems with sweating at all so 4 years ago when I turned 30 is when it all started, usually when I was out in public I would get anxious and start sweating I'd just want the earth to open up and swallow me it was so embarrassing. I went to see my doctor and a specialist and got a medical roll on and prescribed oxybutynin, the sweating stopped under my arms but started on my face and head. It's really affected my social life as I don't want to go places because of this condition. The pills have definitely helped don't get me wrong they've just not stopped the sweating completely."

Pistol Pete !!! (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2016