User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Dysuria

Urinary Incontinence
5.9

Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 7.6 222 reviews

Reviews for Oxybutynin

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Been taking 10mg twice a day for two weeks. Not only is my mouth dry but my taste buds are distorted. Foods don't taste as they should and certain areas of my tongue is sore. Anyone else have this tongue/ taste bud problem?"

Auntie NeNe (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I had bladder spasms to where I was peeing every 5 mins. Painful bladder area on stomach.. 1st 2 days on drug terrible headache. After that miracle pill. I am now peeing every 3 hours. Bladder pain is gone. I've been on it for 30+ days."

Ktothelala November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I have very minor uninary leakage mostly with coughing or sneezing but also have to get up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom. My doctor put me on Oxybutinin 15 mg ER. Pharmacist said to take at night before bed due to side effect of drowsiness. I took one pill and had insomnia all night. The next day I was groggy, dizzy, foggy head, dry nose, dry throat and mouth. The dryness was so bad my nose and throat actually ached and had a stinging sensation. The grogginess and extreme dizziness got worse as the day went on. I will never take this drug again even in a smaller dose. If it does all this with just one pill what is it doing to my body over a long term?? I will stick to pads and trips to bathroom. Watch what I drink..no caffeine."

aleanor (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "I (man, 50) have struggled with severe generalized hyperhidrosis since I was in my early thirties. I started on 2 Ditropan tablets a day, and after just two or three days the problem was 99 % gone. It still is, 6 months later. No more changing of clothes two times a day, no more distracting and at times crippling sweat attacks at work, socially etc. To me, this is a miracle drug. Yes, strong words, but my life quality has been immensely improved. Mild constipation is the only side effect, it seems to be alleviated when I reduce to one and a half tablets, so will try that. In Norway, you need to ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist who can write prescriptions and follow you up. I recommend anyone with similar problems to try this."

Oslo50 November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "Had to stop due to worsening cough that I never had before. Cough has not gone away since stopped taking 4 weeks ago."

Suzy Qt November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "Works wonderfully for me and no side effects"

Amybee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "I am starting this drug tomorrow. I have always had some issues with extreme sweating and now I've been on methadone for the last 5 months and my sweating has gotten even more out of control. I got a prescription from my doctor today and I read these reviews and I am optimistic and looking forward to trying this. I'll write again to document how it goes. Thank you."

Optimisticly sweaty September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "I'm so grateful I read about Oxybutynin for hyperhydrosis on drugs.com 3 weeks ago it has already saved me so much anxiety, discomfort and embarrassment. I can't believe I can feel confident and comfortable in public now. THANK YOU! My crazy sweating began 2 years ago from Opiate Replacement Therapy (an extremely common side effect of methadone & Suboxone) Even in winter, just grocery shopping left me covered in sweat but since day 2 of Oxybutynin NOT ONE BEAD OF SWEAT I feel so lucky! I haven't tried exercising on it yet but I'll update when I do :) In addition to Methadone 50mg, I take Lexapro, Norimin, Ritalin & Serequel 25mg which would increase my side effects so far of dry mouth and 3 headaches but small sacrifice!"

TashSG (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "I am a 30 year old, active/fit woman who has had sweating issues for as long as I can remember. Highly embarrassing. Been taking this for about 3 weeks now and it has changed my life in a profound way. I never knew that I could be warm without buckets of sweat. I don't know that I've appreciated what cold feels like until now either because I've always been so tuned into the fact that I was wet with sweat - like just come from the shower wet. Only side effects are very dry mouth/nose. I've had a bloody nose a couple times since starting. Worth the trade"

So relieved (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I did have dry eyes for a couple of days but using the eye drops because I have always had dry eyes helps a lot. I am so happy to not be running to the bathroom every ten minutes is a blessing. Some days I was not able to make it home, always had to stop. So it works for me. We must realize that each of us will not experience the same thing. What effects one person may not effect the other."

taMmar September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "This is an actual life changer for me. I've been abnormally sweaty as long as I can remember - small walks in any kind of warmth I'd be soaked, even shovelling snow in (actual) single digit temperatures would result with me soaking through coats. It would get 10 fold worse in any area with humidity (I live in a very high altitude/dry area). I was very self conscious of this, constantly only had my hair back because it would be wet by mid day. Miserable. I started doing some looking into the symptoms and found hyperhidrosis and was so relieved to see something with a name and a potential relief. I immediately set an appointment with my doctor to discuss Oxybutynin. I've been on it for three days and my sweating is gone. It's GONE."

Formerly Sweaty (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I experienced most of the side effects listed and stopped taking it. At present 2day after my vision was impaired it remains in that state. I would like to know if just stopping use is sufficient to cause the side effects to cease."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Took for 2 weeks... discontinued because my throat and sinuses were so dry I was having trouble breathing. Plus, it didn't help with frequency...in fact, it seemed to lessen the time between urges. It has been over a week and I'm just starting to feel normal with my breathing!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence: "Taking 15mg ER daily for 7+ years. Very effective re: urge incontinence."

bobktwo (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "Female 40yrs -age. Started getting axillary hyperhidrosis at age 24yrs. Not known if hereditary so Dr said wasn't primary but secondary I basically begged my Dr as it had major effects on my QOL. At my wits end, willing to try anything, just want it to be over! On day 4 of 2.5mg per day. I took 1st dose in afternoon (fine) 2nd dose just before dinner ( not good! Found myself dizzy and tired) 3rd & 4th dose before bed ( fine) 4th day starting to get slight dry throat, not major. Sweat seems to have decreased a little. Not confident to wear anything not black can't be certain as to improvement as sometimes clothing feels wet but when I feel armpit it feels dry, weird. Will be brave tomorrow and wear colour. Will keep updating over weeks."

Tumtum 566 August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I took 1 pill for a number of years and it worked great! I thought it was a miracle. As years went on, I had to increase to 2 pills. Again it worked great for a long but now I am having the bladder spasms again. Guess I built up a tolerance to it"

Nonetheless July 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "This was prescribed to me for bladder spasms and I took it for a couple months and it did nothing but make the spasms worse. It actually made my pelvic floor muscles so tight that I had to push to urinate. I've tried it on more than one occasion and it was always an unpleasant and unhelpful experience."

B Triplet (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "Thank goodness for a diagnose! And oxybutynin. The truth is I have hypothyroidism which gives me terrible temperature fluctuations. I can be cold then I can be hot and so on. I also have fibromyalgia which is autoimmune disease. And last annoying temperature changer is ranaulds. Another pesky temperature changer that affects your nose, fingers and toes. I told my doctor about my reading about oxybutynin and how it treat temperature changes. I started on 5 mg of Oxybutynin that was a little too much for me. So I take 2.5 mg in the morning. And I'm good for the day. I dripped, change clothes three times a day, sweating at night, and now I'm free."

Molly Gayle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "I've been suffering from sweaty palms and feet since I was really little, but now at 15, it has really started to impact my life. As a child, I thought it was normal to have clammy hands and feet but as I hit puberty it got very excessive and my armpits started to sweat heavily as well. It never really bothered me until high school ,as people would make remarks which hurt me as I couldn't help it. It was embarassing and made me constantly self conscious. I started taking lyrinel 1 week ago and I sweat like a normal person! My hands and feet are dry, unless I'm clenching them for a long time, they'll get a bit clammy. My pits barely sweat. This stuff is a life saver , although it makes me drowsy sometimes and gives me a dry throat."

Jessjwjwjajao June 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been using the tablets for about twenty years, they are having less and less efficacy, I decided to try the patch, I has no effect at all."

Wendyg5 June 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "This drug is pretty amazing. I've had hyperhydrosis of the palms, soles and underarms since hitting puberty. I was skeptic since I've previously tried botox, iontophoresis and drysol with limited results. However, after three days of taking oxybutynin (5mg 3x a day) I was 95% sweat-free. My only negative things to say about the drug is about side effects. I have gotten fairly dizzy/spaced out a few times, and I experience dry mouth pretty often. However, that's not bad in comparison to the acne I've gotten. I used to get pimples around once a month, however now I have ones lasting for <6 wks, varying in size/colour. I constantly have groups of acne on my face. Does anyone have any remedies? I've tried acne masks, cleansers and tea tree oil."

* (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence: "pill passed in stool 24hours later"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I have taken oxybutin since Dec. 2016. Since then I have had little blisters on the side of my tongue and they hurt constantly. My insurance will not cover any other bladder medication so they continue to give me this mediation. I KNOW that there are more medications out there but cannot get any thing else. My insurance is CareSource and they won't approve anything else. My concern is I am suppose I will lose my teeth???? what do you think?"

NOPEE April 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I'm 22 and thought this would help with my OAB. Instead it made me insanely nauseous and I couldn't stop throwing up. Really disappointed, I'm sure it works differently for everyone."

Chelsey lyn April 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "I suffer from cranial-facial hyperhidrosis. It is really bad, to the point it can look like I have sweat soaked hair and face. It's the worst indoors when I am shopping, walking around, work meetings, etc. Seriously, the most embarrassing and socially debilitating issue I have every experienced. I have gone to the dermatologist for Botox injections in my scalp several times and it works a little bit, but nothing great. After doing research, I decided I needed to try an oral medication. I am glad I did, Oxybutynin works really well for me, I am so happy. I usually need 5mg 3x daily to get through the day. I get dry mouth pretty bad, but gum or lozenge gets me through that problem pretty well."

alohasweaty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2017