User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Dysuria 1 reviews 30 medications

Urinary Incontinence 39 reviews 49 medications

5.9
Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 214 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Oxybutynin

For Hyperhidrosis: "I am a 30 year old, active/fit woman who has had sweating issues for as long as I can remember. Highly embarrassing. Been taking this for about 3 weeks now and it has changed my life in a profound way. I never knew that I could be warm without buckets of sweat. I don't know that I've appreciated what cold feels like until now either because I've always been so tuned into the fact that I was wet with sweat - like just come from the shower wet. Only side effects are very dry mouth/nose. I've had a bloody nose a couple times since starting. Worth the trade"

So relieved (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I did have dry eyes for a couple of days but using the eye drops because I have always had dry eyes helps a lot. I am so happy to not be running to the bathroom every ten minutes is a blessing. Some days I was not able to make it home, always had to stop. So it works for me. We must realize that each of us will not experience the same thing. What effects one person may not effect the other."

taMmar September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "This is an actual life changer for me. I've been abnormally sweaty as long as I can remember - small walks in any kind of warmth I'd be soaked, even shovelling snow in (actual) single digit temperatures would result with me soaking through coats. It would get 10 fold worse in any area with humidity (I live in a very high altitude/dry area). I was very self conscious of this, constantly only had my hair back because it would be wet by mid day. Miserable. I started doing some looking into the symptoms and found hyperhidrosis and was so relieved to see something with a name and a potential relief. I immediately set an appointment with my doctor to discuss Oxybutynin. I've been on it for three days and my sweating is gone. It's GONE."

Formerly Sweaty (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I experienced most of the side effects listed and stopped taking it. At present 2day after my vision was impaired it remains in that state. I would like to know if just stopping use is sufficient to cause the side effects to cease."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "Took for 2 weeks... discontinued because my throat and sinuses were so dry I was having trouble breathing. Plus, it didn't help with frequency...in fact, it seemed to lessen the time between urges. It has been over a week and I'm just starting to feel normal with my breathing!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence: "Taking 15mg ER daily for 7+ years. Very effective re: urge incontinence."

bobktwo (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "Female 40yrs -age. Started getting axillary hyperhidrosis at age 24yrs. Not known if hereditary so Dr said wasn't primary but secondary I basically begged my Dr as it had major effects on my QOL. At my wits end, willing to try anything, just want it to be over! On day 4 of 2.5mg per day. I took 1st dose in afternoon (fine) 2nd dose just before dinner ( not good! Found myself dizzy and tired) 3rd & 4th dose before bed ( fine) 4th day starting to get slight dry throat, not major. Sweat seems to have decreased a little. Not confident to wear anything not black can't be certain as to improvement as sometimes clothing feels wet but when I feel armpit it feels dry, weird. Will be brave tomorrow and wear colour. Will keep updating over weeks."

Tumtum 566 August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I took 1 pill for a number of years and it worked great! I thought it was a miracle. As years went on, I had to increase to 2 pills. Again it worked great for a long but now I am having the bladder spasms again. Guess I built up a tolerance to it"

Nonetheless July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "This was prescribed to me for bladder spasms and I took it for a couple months and it did nothing but make the spasms worse. It actually made my pelvic floor muscles so tight that I had to push to urinate. I've tried it on more than one occasion and it was always an unpleasant and unhelpful experience."

B Triplet (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "Thank goodness for a diagnose! And oxybutynin. The truth is I have hypothyroidism which gives me terrible temperature fluctuations. I can be cold then I can be hot and so on. I also have fibromyalgia which is autoimmune disease. And last annoying temperature changer is ranaulds. Another pesky temperature changer that affects your nose, fingers and toes. I told my doctor about my reading about oxybutynin and how it treat temperature changes. I started on 5 mg of Oxybutynin that was a little too much for me. So I take 2.5 mg in the morning. And I'm good for the day. I dripped, change clothes three times a day, sweating at night, and now I'm free."

Molly Gayle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "I've been suffering from sweaty palms and feet since I was really little, but now at 15, it has really started to impact my life. As a child, I thought it was normal to have clammy hands and feet but as I hit puberty it got very excessive and my armpits started to sweat heavily as well. It never really bothered me until high school ,as people would make remarks which hurt me as I couldn't help it. It was embarassing and made me constantly self conscious. I started taking lyrinel 1 week ago and I sweat like a normal person! My hands and feet are dry, unless I'm clenching them for a long time, they'll get a bit clammy. My pits barely sweat. This stuff is a life saver , although it makes me drowsy sometimes and gives me a dry throat."

Jessjwjwjajao June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been using the tablets for about twenty years, they are having less and less efficacy, I decided to try the patch, I has no effect at all."

Wendyg5 June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "This drug is pretty amazing. I've had hyperhydrosis of the palms, soles and underarms since hitting puberty. I was skeptic since I've previously tried botox, iontophoresis and drysol with limited results. However, after three days of taking oxybutynin (5mg 3x a day) I was 95% sweat-free. My only negative things to say about the drug is about side effects. I have gotten fairly dizzy/spaced out a few times, and I experience dry mouth pretty often. However, that's not bad in comparison to the acne I've gotten. I used to get pimples around once a month, however now I have ones lasting for <6 wks, varying in size/colour. I constantly have groups of acne on my face. Does anyone have any remedies? I've tried acne masks, cleansers and tea tree oil."

* (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence: "pill passed in stool 24hours later"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I have taken oxybutin since Dec. 2016. Since then I have had little blisters on the side of my tongue and they hurt constantly. My insurance will not cover any other bladder medication so they continue to give me this mediation. I KNOW that there are more medications out there but cannot get any thing else. My insurance is CareSource and they won't approve anything else. My concern is I am suppose I will lose my teeth???? what do you think?"

NOPEE April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I'm 22 and thought this would help with my OAB. Instead it made me insanely nauseous and I couldn't stop throwing up. Really disappointed, I'm sure it works differently for everyone."

Chelsey lyn April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "I suffer from cranial-facial hyperhidrosis. It is really bad, to the point it can look like I have sweat soaked hair and face. It's the worst indoors when I am shopping, walking around, work meetings, etc. Seriously, the most embarrassing and socially debilitating issue I have every experienced. I have gone to the dermatologist for Botox injections in my scalp several times and it works a little bit, but nothing great. After doing research, I decided I needed to try an oral medication. I am glad I did, Oxybutynin works really well for me, I am so happy. I usually need 5mg 3x daily to get through the day. I get dry mouth pretty bad, but gum or lozenge gets me through that problem pretty well."

alohasweaty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence: "I took only half tablet 5mg, and a horrible reaction took place, that is severe pain in the epigastrium, Tachicardia, Diarrhea."

M.T.Chowdhary (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been taking this medication for one month and while it works great for my overactive bladder problem, the side effects are so great I have stopped taking it as of yesterday. I can deal with the dry mouth and sinus problems, but in the 3rd week I developed severe dizziness/vertigo and that I can't deal with. I will try something else now."

bad side effects March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been on oxybutynin for ten years for sensory urgency. I have had no problems, no side effects and it has worked brilliantly"

Tylie (taken for 10 years or more) February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hyperhidrosis: "21 years of age and I have been suffering with palmar hyperhidrosis from being in primary school. As I've gotten older, it has spread to other parts of my body, which makes this condition even more embarrassing. After going to the doctors and being given Driclor (which does not work) and being told there is nothing else they can do, I gave up all hope and thought well, that's it, I'm going to suffer with this forever. Until one day I decided to look deeper online and I found this website and read the reviews of Oxybutynin - I booked an appointment with my doctor straight away and asked him to prescribe this medication - 10 days after I'm hyperhidrosis free. I still cry now, the sweating has stopped completely. Highly recommend!"

Victoria Alison (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I'm taking Oxybutynin (5mg tab) once a day at bedtime. So far loving this medication. I have some trouble with sleeping so this medication helps me fall asleep. I'm taking the lowest dose so I really don't have the dry mouth problem. The best part is now I'm going 5 hours or more at night before peeing. I'm getting a much better night sleep. Insurance rates this as a tier 1 medication, so my cost is only 10 bucks a month. So at not having to get up every 2 hours to pee is outweighing any side effects."

Zip123 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been on this for 1 week and yes, it is working. I don't have the overwhelming urges and can sleep right through - great! BUT, I am hating the side effects! Constant dry mouth (Ok, I take water and chew gum) but I feel like my stomach is constantly full, have almost constant heartburn and sometimes when eating, I feel like I am having a mild panic attack and can barely breathe. This is frustrating to say the least and I am fed up feeling so fat with this drug! Not sure whether to carry on or end taking this. Anyone else feel these symptoms - especially the difficult to swallow/breathe/panic bit? Many thanks"

Cazzita February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: "I truly believe it works at stopping leakage. I thought I had found a miracle cure, but I seem to be allergic and can't take the burning redness and rash. I have gone through a couple of boxes because it works so well but six days after only a 24 hour use I still have a terrible itchy red rash. I will still consider using for special occasions. And I must agree it is expensive."

The Woman February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "Been taking oxybutynin 20 mg for over 20 years. Used to go pee every 20 minutes, now it's approx. 2 hours. The dry mouth is tolerable....use Biotene mouth spray or chew gum."

vlata (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2017