User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Dysuria

Urinary Incontinence
5.6

Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 6.7 268 reviews

Reviews for Oxybutynin

For Overactive Bladder: "So-so. Decreases frequency from once per hour to once every 2 hours - nothing miraculous. You have to take a pill 3 times per day. That's not convenient and I usually forget the second and third doses. No side effects though."

Monica (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "I used this for a year and got off of it due to the nasal issues PLUS the neurologist says to STAY OFF of it. He said oxybutinin contributes to dementia and increases the symptoms of dementia .I've also tried the expensive MYBETRIQ..doesn't work either. Next step back to the urologist."

Mema (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "This medication is great. I have been struggling with hyperhydrosis for as long as I can remember. Now that I’ve reached a point of maturity in my life I now realize how much it was affecting my relationships, my social life, my style of dress and career options. I have hyperhydrosis on my palms, feet, and under arms. Oxybutynin helps me stay dry even when I’m driving!! My mouth is constantly dry but I’ll take that over sweating. I still sweat a little on my palms and feet when it’s hot but it’s not sweating profusely and it goes away shortly after."

Asdfghjkl (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

Gelnique (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "I am 72 and been on It for over a year The only problem is it tends to not be as affective after a while. Took 5mg twice a day. Now going to try 5mg once a day Side effects have been minimal. Some dry mouth and constipation Drinking more water helps both."

Riley (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I was recently diagnosed with OAB a few weeks ago after suffering for the passed three months. I was prescribed so many medications leading up to my diagnosis and they all made it worse. My urologist prescribed oxybutynin 5mg twice a day. I’m on day 6 and my side effects are extreme fatigue, extreme dry eyes to the point where no eye drops help me, constipation and extreme dry mouth. Yes it improved my bladder symptoms but personally, I don’t think it’s worth it"

Bekindtoyourself91 August 25, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have sjogrens syndrome, for almost 7 years and the sweating comes along with that. All the symptoms are there, dry mouth-eyes-the sweating started in the last 2 years as soon as the humidity and heat start up until the start of late fall. It has gotten worse where I can't stand around the stove to cook. Don't eat too much hot food in those months. I've learned so much on the computer and I found 1 medication that helps pretty much, it is a towelette that u dab on your body, its,it's called sweat block and its pretty good. Also my rheumatologist put me on oxybutin. So far so good. Don't sweat at nite, and thankful for that.Good luck to all, can't wait for winter here in N.C."

Bet (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I actually take it for both overactive bladder as well as excessive sweating I've been taking 10mg 2x a day. I've been taking it about a year. I still have EXCESSIVE sweating and I have SEVERE constipaton...to the point where stool softeners don't even work. I also feel like I have a bladder infection a lot of the time. I'm going to the dr in a few days and I'm getting off of this stuff. It has helped my bladder problems though, so I'm bummed about that. It was nice while it lasted. Hopefully my dr has something else to try."

Sussus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "I found that this doesn't work it just cause complications. It increases the urine flow and doesn't stop the flow. I found that it increase the flow of urine."

Docrepo (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I am 30 and I have suffered with an overactive bladder for a little over a year now. I was embarassed to even speak with my doctor about it. I finally did and she gave me this to treat it. I noticed a change within the day! I take it morning and night. I no longer have to wake up and RUN for the bathroom because I am "going" on myself. I have been in public places and it hits out of nowhere and I just start going on myself. I started wearing pads to help but they can only hold so much. Today is day 3 without a pad or accident and I am so happy! It works. I stand by that!"

RubyJay August 4, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I took Oxybutynin 5mg for 6 weeks for my overactive bladder. while it curbed that in great fashion, it created side effects that got worse and worse. I experienced drowsiness, dizziness, headaches, dry mouth and blurred vision. I stopped taking this medication. One last note, if you take a depression med (in my case Amitriptyline) those meds can actually increase these side effects, take this medicine with caution!"

Jack (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I've been taking it for over 6 months. I started with 5mg 2x a day, but didn't help a lot. The only difference I noticed was that I didn't get up as many times during the night. My doctor upped me to 10mg a day, but have a lot of what I call bladder pressure, which actually hurts. It felt like I had a bad UTI (but didn't). I'm getting new RX for 15mg extended release, which I think will work, since I've tried taking a 10mg in the morning, & 5mg at night, which worked great! The side effects of dry mouth & dry eyes are tolerable to me, ditto the cough, because I have congestive heart failure, & heart meds give me the same side effects, so I'm used to it. I still have to wear a pad, but went from heavy overnight poise pads to moderate leakage pads. "

HollyC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 27, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "This drug worked great with very few side effects when I was taking a 5mg pill. I was still leaking a little, so my Dr increased it to 10mg. That's when the problems began. Dizziness, extreme fatigue, gas, bloating, nausea and it appeared to not work at all on the higher dosage. I'm going back down to 5mg. At least I could function at work and had no fatigue.I guess sometimes a lower dose is better. Especially when it comes to the horrible side effects."

Lynn July 26, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "As I moved in to my thirties, I began sweating heavily all over my torso. Unlike many, I don't sweat excessively in my arm pits, hands, or feet. I am now approaching 50, and the problem has only gotten worse. If the temperature is above above 75, or humid, sweat runs down my chest and back, and soaks my shirt, and belt line. It's miserable, and has caused me to withdraw from most of my friendships, because I can't participate in many of the things we would like to do. I began taking oxybutynin about 6 months ago, and it has been somewhat helpful. Not as much as I'd hoped, but it does enable me to go out in public more, and in general just feel better that sweat isn't running down my chest, or back, quite as quickly as before. Unfortunately, it's still not enough to make me feel comfortable doing things with friends, which is depressing."

2TrakMind (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2018

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Overactive Bladder: "48 hours after I began the oxytrol patch, I have a large bright red mark on my abdomen. It.looks like blisters or a burn. I removed the patch. I also am now experiencing abdominal spasms, An intense fluttering In my lower abdomen. I did not see this anywhere listed as a side effect. I'm very disappointed I had high hopes for this product"

Jane (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "First started with 10ml then to 15ml due to nighttime frequent urination and incontinence. I'm a 55yrs old woman, the only help the med gave me was I stopped leaking urine. It actually made me go more at night (every 45min to and hour) and the side effects of dry mouth/ dry nose. I had to have water with me constantly and couldn’t swallow while eating without liquid. I coughed like I had bronchitis which was terrible, totally exhausted. Honestly it was hell! Dr told me to continue and could take up to 3 months for full effect of meds. I tried in vane! However after having heart palpitations and blood pressure reached 220/110 I stopped taking it. After 2 days blood pressure went down to 186/96. Not sure if it’s totally related to the Oxybutynin because my GP put me on blood pressure meds, after 8 hrs went down to 144/86."

Darchris (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I was seen by the doctor today for hyperhidrosis - never did I know there was a treatment for it. Anyways, I sweat profusely and overheat in an instant. The sweat starts on my head and pours down my scalp, neck, and face! My pits are always wet even though I slather myself up with antiperspirant. My family even had to bring me clothes at work bc I was drenched. I even start sweating after a cold shower, like right out of the shower! Ugh! I read the comments/reviews and have faith that I, too, will be dry!!!"

Sweaty McSweat Sweats July 3, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I have been on this medication for about 2 weeks and it is a real life changer !! I have to say though that I first got Oxybutynin XL and that didn’t help at all, so when I went back to my doctor she said that I probably needed the normal Oxybutynin. The one with XL is for extended release and the normal one is for short release and that helps most with the sweating. I can not even begin to tell you how much this changed my life!!! Yes, I have a dry mouth and sometimes a little blurry vision but I will take that any day over the sweating. Hope you guys try it out, I give it a 10!!!!"

Sweat free (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "You guys! I have to share my experience because this is life- changing (so far!) I have had issues sweating in my palms and feet ever since I was like 10. Now at 30 it has become almost debilitating with my career, I used to think I’d have to live with this forever so I got used to it and concealed it. I have NEVER told anyone. Is that crazy. Until recently I had to see my doctor because it seems during the summer it’s so much worse. She prescribed me oxybutynin and after like 4 days I am seeing a difference! A little clammy but I am only taking one 5 mg tablet a day. I assume when I start 2 a day it will completely decrease. The only side effects so far are dry mouth, I get sleepy earlier now, and a little bloody nose. It’s not cheap with my insurance but I would pay more to get rid of this mortifying disorder!!! You guys must get this from your doctor if you are suffering. Don’t continue to be embarrassed by this! Hope this helps."

Ms sweaty palms (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I am an 18 year old girl with extreme insecurities due to my hyperhidrosis on my hands, underarms and feet. I have tried everything from creams to iontophoresis, may last resort was surgery. Until my dermatologist put me on this, I haven't sweat for two weeks and my life has completely changed. I can now shake peoples hands, write in books and not have the pages turn yellow and I can actually put gloves ON!!!! My life has changed forever, and I will never ever be happier."

fill (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "This is only my third day on oxybutynin and I’m ready to stop taking it. Day 1 I felt loopy and could not concentrate, with dry mouth and eyes. Day 2 and 3 have me feeling (in addition to day 1 symptoms) very anxious and short of breath and it seems to be making my hair/scalp greasy! The anxiety and the way it makes my hair feel after just three days might be worse than going to the bathroom every 30-45 mins. So torn because it does seem to have alleviated some of the urges to go to the bathroom after just 3 days. 18-19 were my average daily and today was only 10-12!"

SMS (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "Used medication for almost three months. Bad side effects ie very dry mouth and skin. Unfortunately no benefits to urinary incontinence."

NJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I experienced every side effect from oxybutynin that there is. I had to stop taking it after 8 days. I started having involuntary rapid eye movement, massive burning in my chest, dry eyes and throat, dry mouth, bad taste in my mouth, palpitations and anxiety. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It never worked for the problem it was prescribed for, it only added extra problems."

Memorize (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I asked my doctor to prescribe this pill on Tuesday and by Wednesday I could tell the difference. I typically sweat in my hands, feet, groin area and arm pits. Normally once I am over heated there is no stopping the sweat. Yesterday I noticed I went outside for a bit in 90+ degrees and I started to sweat but it only lasted for a few minutes and once I went inside the building I was dry after a few minutes. Normally just being outside for 10 minutes could trigger a sweat attack for hours! I will post an update in a few weeks. Thank you all for your feedback because it is saving my life! Oh, and I have noticed dry mouth, but I typically drink 90 oz of water a day so it won't be a huge problem I hope."

dryarmpits (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Hyperhidrosis: "I've suffered from sweaty palms and feet since childhood as it runs in the family. I'm now 43yrs old and just found out about oxybutynin 3 weeks ago. I immediately got my doctor to write me up a prescription. 3 days after taking 5mg twice a day my hands were about 90% dry and feet about 75%. 3 weeks on this medication and dry all day long!!!!! I do experience dry mouth, eye and nose, however, I would gladly trade those side effects to be confident and dry. Hope this helps :-)"

JV May 25, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I went to a bladder specialist after continuous issues. Immediately after I started oxybutynin I had mini seizures after the 2nd dose and blacked out, also lost hearing for about 10 minutes. I was rushed to the E.R 2 times and continued having seizures for a while. Cat scans were done and they were normal, it was from the medication. The emergency room doctor claimed that a lot of people have reactions to this medication and mini seizures is one of them. I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND taking this."

Cierra (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018