User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Dysuria 5.3
Summary of Oxybutynin reviews 6.8 342 reviews

Reviews for Oxybutynin

maro111 July 29, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “Thank you so much to everyone who left a review for Oxybutynin for Hyperhidrosis. I have suffered from this awful condition for 20 years and never thought I would be free from it. The sweating has contributed, over the years, to me having panic attacks, developing OCD and left me on 3 different medications including an antipsychotic, a class c drug and an antidepressant. I have had numerous blood tests (checking Thyroid etc) and in the end the doctor put the sweating down to panic attacks. I read the reviews on here and asked my GP to prescribe Oxybutynin to see if it would work. From the first dose I noticed an improvement. I am on my 5th dose and the different in unbelievable. The sweating is all but gone. In normal conditions I don't sweat. When I am exercising I only sweat a little. I am so thankful for this medication and your reviews. Hyperhidrosis is a terrible condition that can ruin peoples lives and needs to be taken more seriously by medics. Thank you all!”

Nikkirose · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2020

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Frequency: “The Oxytrol does help for the urinary frequency but I am disappointed in the quality of the patch. The patch doesn't stay on for the full 4 days and it is NOT waterproof it says it is but its not I've tried taking a shower with it on and it came off. So, I'm done using them I tried 1 box of the patches and I'm not wasting anymore money on a low quality patch that doesn't even stay on like its supposed to. Very very disappointed wasted money.”

Wrplum · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 29, 2020

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: “76 yo male with decades of urge incontinence have used diapers and oxytrol now for 6 months. I now have regained a great deal more confidence to go out. I use acetone to clean when I take off the patch every 3 or 4 days, then have my daily shower.”

kavegirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “My dr ordered this oxybutynin for me while I wait to see a urologist. It was fine at first, I only took one 5mg tablet, I was to work up to 3 tablets daily. I got up to 2 tablets and was miserable! I'm already hot all the time and this makes you not sweat, my throat hurt like it was being ripped out, I was constantly thirsty....the cons weren't worth the pros. I did have to use the restroom a lot less which was definitely nice but it didn't effect the leakage which is what I need addressed. Not worth it in my opinion.”

ie June 23, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “ This medicine will ruin your bladder. I m dealing with the adverse side effects. I had urine frequency, after taking this medicine , I couldn't pee anymore. I have so much urge to pee but very little comes out. Please if you love your body , avoid this medicine. Other side effects are sore throat and extremely dry mouth. Not worth it”

Tommy · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “I've had hyperhidrosis for about 8 months. It's been gradually getting worse and worse. Btw, I'm 42 years old. The slightest heat like in a car or the slightest exertion even in the cold I am drenched in sweat on my chest, back head and groin. I started oxybutynin about 5 days ago. It seems to be working some what but definitely not a total fix. I am highly tolerant to medications. Possibly I need a little bit more than 5mg. Anyway hopefully it gradually gets better. Thanks for letting me share!”

Nancy · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “Due to breast cancer I’ve been taking hormone blockers for prevention. With any exertion at all, I had almost constant severe perspiration. Very embarrassing while cooking a meal for my family or trying to enjoy our patio. After only 2 days I was normal! I’m so grateful to my radiologist for prescribing that medication. My life is transformed!!!! I am experiencing dizziness. Hoping it gets better! But even that’s better than talking like I just got out of the shower all the time!”

regular joe · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “I'm a big guy so the PA started me out on 10mg once a day. worked like a charm within a couple days. My urge to urinate went completely away. Life was great for about two weeks until I started having moderate/severe nausea/upset stomach around the clock. I considered the dosage being a little to high so kicked it back to 5mg the stomach upset-ness went down but not away. Sometimes I'll wake up in the morning with extreme dry mouth and a splitting headache. I'm probably gonna request a new med.”

Medflight · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “I was running to the bathroom constantly to release urine. Many times I did not get there in time. After several months, I asked my Urologist to address this. He prescribed Oxybutynin Chloride ER (Oral). Within 24 hours, my frequency was greatly extended so that I could drive my car without having an accident and sit outside without bolting to the bathroom. I have no side effects yet. I had retrograde ejaculation before I started this new med. This med has brought me back to a normal lifestyle.”

MIkevet · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 14, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “I have been taking oxybutynin for the past four years. IT was effective when I first started taking it. Last year I had a TURP surgery on my prostate. Even since then it seems that the oxybutynin has stopped working. I'm now sitting here with extreme urge that is non stop. I need a new med that is different from Oxy. Hopefully my dr will prescribe me myrbetriq or something.”

Alexanderthegr88 May 14, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “I suffered from nervous sweats, and also found out that when I worked out I would sweat way more than others, I know we have different sweat glands and levels of sweating but I would always be drenched and it seem a little to excessive. The nervous sweats would happen at what I would say times you would not like it to happen e.g. dinner parties, meeting new people. The annoying thing is that I'm not a nervous person in fact quite sociable it was like my body had a different reaction (sweating) to how I was actually feeling (confident, sociable, fine!) Since I've taken the medication its been a great success -no nervous sweats etc. even when I exercise my clothing isn't drenched, just what think it should look like in comparison to other people.I did have a very minor headache the first day I took the tablets but can't say it was due to the medication I've not experienced any other side effects but I hope this post is helpful to anyone that had been struggling.”

Bunny · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 11, 2020

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: “I have been on the Oxytrol Patch I find it a life changer. I don’t get that urge to pee every 20 mins and when I need to go and can hold without having to make an emergency dash to the loo. When I first started the backing was flexible and adhesive was strong. It would easy last up to 4 days if necessary. Lately I am finding the backing is not as flexible (crackly) and will come off in the shower. I shower daily so instead of 2 week I seem to be using 7 a week. Not very economical. I know the backing is different compared to what it used to be. Unfortunately you cannot contact the company to present this review.”

T · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “I also have been a terrible sweater, for years now my would sweat on my back, chest, face, even stomach. It was starting to effect my personal life as I was so hesitant just to hug people. I would always wear a fitted tank top to help from showing thru on my clothes. I always wore black just to hide it. I asked my PCP about this medication and as soon as I took it the next day 100% of a difference! Yes, the side affects are dry mouth and I notice my face seems to be on the drier side but I will take that ANY day over the sweating. I can’t wait until summer when I am out in the sun, that will be the real test, but so for I am so happy.”

concerned brother · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

Ditropan (oxybutynin) for Dysuria: “when my sister was almost 7 years old she was prescribed a 14 day supply of the liquid version of ditropan. she was complaining about pain during urination and after a urine test at the doctors it was decided that ditropan would be the best treatment. the liquid version of ditropan she had was raspberry flavored. when on the medication caution needs to be used during exercise, hot weather, and other activities. ditropan may also cause nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dry mouth , and blurred vision.”

Sally · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 22, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “I stated taking this oxybutynin for Hyperhidrosis due to a side affect caused by my medication and it made me feel really strange.. at first it was great! The sweating stopped but dry mouth sucked, then this strange feeling stated to come on and I started felling down, forgetting things and feeling really vague and nauseous.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “oxybutynin not only dried my mouth out, it also dried out my throat, causing me to cough until my lungs hurt. Liquid and sometimes food was always "going down the wrong pipe", causing me to choke once again. And I was only taking it once a day. Would not recommend.”

Zama April 11, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “I've had hyperhidrosis as long as I can remember. I've been on several diets hoping if I drop some weight I'll get better. It kept getting worse with age of which now I'm 44yrs of age. I have been sweating all over my body even if the weather was cold. After discovering this on the net I quickly went to see doc for prescription. It's been 4 days now and I'm completely dry, dry except side effect is dry throat n mouth ...lil”

MzDemeanor · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2020

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Incontinence: “I'm so pleased with this product. Day one and no leakage. I feel normal again and like it's safe to date again at 53. Pads etc don't come even close to feeling like a safe solution. My panties are dry and smell fresh. What a relief.”

Lamiya p1971 March 12, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “Hi I’m on the oxybutynin tablets 5mg I had a full hysterectomy in 2013 I’m 49 years old now and I’ve been on theses tablets now maybe two weeks now and I’m suffering severe mouth dryness It’s painful sticky and I’ve tried oral 7 for dry mouth and biotin dry mouth wash and sprays nothing works for it Appears it’s one cause from this tablets I can’t stop taking them as I can’t hold my bladder I’m a female and it’s embarrassing can anyone help me on ideas pls”

Pixie-McGee · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 7, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “I've been on Methadone maintenance for 5 years. Shortly after starting quickly realized it was making me sweat profusely on my face and neck. The sweating would start if I exerted myself any amount or was in the smallest amount of heat. I read about methadone induced hyperhidrosis. And I tried the vitamins and other treatments. Nothing worked. ever. One day I came across a study that found Oxybutynin had a dramatic effect on some people's hyperhidrosis. So I said why not try it. I was absolutely shocked on the first day. I use the patches and a few hours after applying I was not sweating and I realized it while out in the heat of summer. I was so happy. I've been using them now for 2 years and I'll never stop. You can buy the patches at Walmart, RiteAid or on Amazon. The patches are Oxytrol. They stay on for 3 to 5 days.”

embarrassed · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “It is amazing to read these testimonials. I suffered greatly in my teens. I am now in my 60's. Gradually over the years it got better. But I can remember ruining leather shoes in less than a year. I stopped going to church, fearful of the handshake for the sign of peace. It only made my shyness worse. I used Mitchum and dress shields padded with folded paper towels. Unbelievable. I am glad there is a product now for it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 29, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “Was substitute generic brand that the insurance had me take and it's worked wonderful for me. Try going off of it for a 2 days and you can see how well it works.”

Megi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 27, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “I have had really bad facial sweating for years, absolutely destroyed my confidence, going out for family meals etc was a embarrassing nightmare, would sit there with sweat trickling down my face, fanning myself, feeling so uncomfortable, made my life a misery for years, asked my doctor for oxybutin and after 4 days of taking 5mg a day the difference was amazing, I had tried everything before, sweatblock, driclor etc none of them worked, I am finally able to wear make up after years of not daring to because it would just slide of my face, so so glad I got on these,”

African dude · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

For Hyperhidrosis: “I'm grateful for this forum, I've been on Oxybutynin for 6 days now for head, facial and underarm excessive sweating and the hot ”

Denver February 24, 2020

Oxytrol (oxybutynin) for Urinary Frequency: “I have been on the patch for a month and am now very pleased with the results. The urgency was very annoying and affecting my work and my life. These reviews were all very helpful, and I referred back to them when I got depressed. My Dr. said to first try Kegels, or muscle exercises. Those weren’t the easiest to learn so I just skipped them and used the patch. I would have given it a 5 at that point, however, it was an improvement. The past 2 weeks I worked on the kegel exercises working from 2 seconds up to 10 seconds—10 reps, 3times a day and would now give the patch a 9. I believe the combination of the patch and exercises work best for me. As far as the sticky residue it far outweighs the problem. I agree with those that say 3 days works better than 4. This past week has been the best because I’ve only felt the urge when I needed to use the bathroom. These reviews have all been very helpful.”