User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Oxybutynin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Oxybutynin to treat Hyperhidrosis

"21 years of age and I have been suffering with palmar hyperhidrosis from being in primary school. As I've gotten older, it has spread to other parts of my body, which makes this condition even more embarrassing. After going to the doctors and being given Driclor (which does not work) and being told there is nothing else they can do, I gave up all hope and thought well, that's it, I'm going to suffer with this forever. Until one day I decided to look deeper online and I found this website and read the reviews of Oxybutynin - I booked an appointment with my doctor straight away and asked him to prescribe this medication - 10 days after I'm hyperhidrosis free. I still cry now, the sweating has stopped completely. Highly recommend!"

Victoria Alison (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Been suffering from hyperhidrosis since many years but it has been coming on worse during the more recent years. Started to socially distance myself and was always thinking about what to wear and how to lay out the day to avoid sweating. After taking Oxybutynin for one day I noticed a change. While exercising I start to sweat but kind of in a normal way. In everyday life no more sweating. It has changed my life! Thanks for all the help from all of you that's on here. Felt like I got my life back!! I'm super happy!"

Zander12 January 8, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have suffered from Hyperhidrosis since childhood. I always wished to live a normal life just like other people though I saw other people suffered differently and I kept myself silent and cried in silence. It took me more time to prepare myself travelling on trains and buses so people won't smell my sweat (mold smell) from my feet. I could wipe my hands constantly but feet was hard to manage. Today I feel so happy and positive taking oxybutynin. I have no thoughts about sweat. I used to wonder how would a medication control my brain? The minute I thought about sweat, it would appear! but I am sweat free because of this medication and I am thankful of researchers, doctors, scientist, pharmaceutical companies and of course above all God."

Yasmin S. January 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I only started sweating after being on narcotic drugs and several other prescriptions in 2005. The sweating on my face, chest, neck and back is horrible!! I joke with people that I don't need to shower as I'm showering with sweat everyday! I stopped doing everything, even cleaning & I was completely embarrassed just going shopping. I now sit in my bedroom doing as little as possible. I've had the oxybutynin only a month and I don't take it everyday but when I do, there seems to be an already marked improvement!! I've been getting regular Botox shots in my hairline and along the back of my neck but to no avail. If the few "OxyBs" I've taken are a sign of what's to come, then THANK GOD.. I truly believe I WILL get my life back!"

Cnucme? (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"It's amazing. After only one day I've stopped my excessive sweating from my head. So so so happy. No side effects yet. Don't care if there are. I can look forward to summer now."

Melxray (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This is miracle !!! life saver it is the best for sweating hands and feet after only 4 days of using this crazy unbelievable thing , I don't sweate anymore thanks god now I can feel as a normal people no more shit sweating"

Mrb-777 hotmail (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Ive had hyperhydrosis my whole childhood and so being able to have this medication during my highschool years is so helpful, not just because of the bullying and my self-esteem but the amount of things I can finally do. I just wish it wasnt a daily medication."

Ey.its.me (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"It does work well and you get bad side affects if you are taking anti deppressants or anti anxiety medications."

GBW7919 October 22, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I really wanted this to work for my hyperhydrosis however I only took 2.5mg last night before bed & today I have found the side effects intolerable; dry eyes, headache, drowsiness & lethargy, dry nose. So unfortunately I can't continue on & see if it's effective in reducing my sweating "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I am a 55 year old woman who has suffered from sweaty hands and feet for as long as I can remember. Also the icy feet and hands while still sweating. It's been a lifelong struggle. I've tried everything over the years and nothing worked. About a year ago I watched an episode of diagnose me. Long story short she suffered from hyperhidrosis. The cure Oxybuten. It's a bladder control medicine. But for me it's lifesaver. I have warm dry hands and feet 95 percent of the time. It's changed my life."

svel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have suffered excessive sweating most of my life. It started when i was around 6 yrs old my hands and feet were constantly wet I recall my mother calling me a frog lol. A few years ago it became out of control I had sweat dripping fown my back, my hair my head, my groin literally my whole body was constantly wet. Omg when I went on oxybutynin 5mg it stopped, ive been on it for 3 weeks and am beginning to slightly sweat again which means i will go onto 10mg. The side effects i get is a very dry mouth and drowsiness, however I cut back my dosage and slowly increased it I found this to limit the side affects. This medication has changed my life I feel normal and can wear my normal clothes and now feel the cold and so excited to wear a coat."

Puff ball August 15, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've suffered from Hyperhidrosis for several years. It started on my forehead and just spread. I had given up all hope. I went to two Dermatologist's and I was just told to take with me extra clothing to change or that I had to loose weight. I sweated no matter what. If it was snow outside, I was still sweating. If I just sat at home and enjoyed a movie I was sweat. There was no cure for this and I had given up. I got social anxiety and I avoided people and situations. Could only wear dark and black cloths. Suddenly I was hit by a miracle. Oxybutynin. I didn't belive the drug could help at all, but the Dermatologist said I should give it a try. My life has changed since then. I can finally live as a normal human being again."

nevergiveup84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I decided to have ETS when I was in my early 30's after suffering for many years from acute underarm sweating. While successful, subsequent compensatory sweating (including gustatory sweating) created a whole new set of problems. This has mostly been easier to disguise and manage but it is a constant worry and a nightmare in the summer months. 20 years later, I discovered Propantheline Bromide and then Lyrinel XL. The former did have a noticeable benefit when taken early morning well before food but efficacy deteriorated with subsequent top ups in the day. The Lyrinel XL, if allowed to build up a few days, seems much longer lasting and has fewer side effects. Early days and not a complete cure but a massive improvement."

LondonBoy July 4, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"After ten years of being brushed off by people I thought where dermatologists I have finally found relief in this medication. As my career and age progressed I have been placed in social situations that require hand to hand contact. My hands and armpits sweat constantly to a point they were dripping. It negatively affected all aspect of intimate encounters. Within a day of starting this medication I saw results. I was given 5mg however I notice that I must take it twice a day for a total of 10mg. No side effects except dry mouth and itching dry eyes."

ColdSweat (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have suffered with excessive sweating for the past year or so. This is a long term side effect of my Duloxetine. I'm on 120 mgs a day for pain management (peripheral neuropathy from having had Guillam Barre Syndrome) and my mood. I suffered terrible sweating on my back and chest and under my arms. I would arrive at work saturated. I would need to change my shirt 2 or 3 times in a day. I started on Oxybutinin extended release in February 2016 and the change has been amazing. I experience a number of side effects. Mainly dry mouth, slightly blurred vision and stomach and bowel problems but in comparison to the sweating I know what I prefer. It's made such a difference. I'm a UK resident."

Stratfordkit58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Suffer from excessive sweating on my face & when in hot climate it spreads to my back too. I begged help from GP who tried me on Propanthaline which left me in agony due to difficulty passing urine & cystitis type reaction after 3 days use. I was then passed to dermatology dept. at hospital who just said nothing could do! Oh the wonder of UK'S NHS!! Said to try propanano, which again did not work. So I did my own research and went 'cap in hand' back to my GP & BEGGED to try Oxybutynin. He said no solid evidence it works & it's just a placebo for hyperhydrosis. Anyway he gave in & said I could try 5mg a day. I started them 5 days ago & but better so upping dose to 10mg (at night) as makes me drowsy."

Drummie69 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This medication has helped me so much. Over the last few years my sweating became really excessive on my face and neck. My neck just gushed swest. All areas of my life were affected, and I was humiliated on a daily basis. I heard about an oral medication for hyperhidrosis, so I went online to do some research and I learned about oxybutynin, then went to the doctor who gave me a prescription for 5mg 2x daily. I think it took 2 or 3 days to see a difference, and it was a big difference. I was literally overjoyed. I don't mind the side effects (dry mouth and drowsiness), but for me the oxybutynin does not take the sweating completely away. I'm now in 10 mg 2x daily. I also notice it stops working about halfway through my day."

Happytobesweatfree (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Fifteen years ago I was desperate to find relief for my severe Hyperhydrosis (hands and feet). I discovered oxybutinin and it has literally changed the course of my life. I started with one 5mg dose in the morning and one 5mg dose at night. The side effects (drowsiness, foggy brain, dry mouth) were a little much for me so I cut my morning dose in half. This medication has allowed me to feel like a normal person and to engage in activities that I used to withdraw from (public speaking, shaking hands, wearing flip flops, etc.). I tried Botox (very little effect), acupuncture, drysol. Nothing has been nearly as effective as the oxybutinin. It's a game-changer!"

ShelbyAS March 22, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I lived in South east asia, basically it is summer all year round over here. I have been suffering from craniofacial hyperhidrosis since young. And the condition got progressively bad over the years especially the last 3 years. It has affected my personal life, my career and my psychological state of mind. Because I was so afraid of sweating, I developed social anxiety. Until earlier this week, I decided to get help for it and I came across Oxybutynin as oral treatment for HH. Within 2nd day of taking it, my sweating was reduced by 70%. 3rd and subsequent days I basically am sweat free. It's been years since I last felt this good! I regained my confidence, became more sociable. I got my career back on track, I got my life back."

sweaty dude February 26, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've had hyperhidrosis since early teens. All my body is affected but feet are the worst. In the past I had to change shoes every 2-3 months because they started smell from my feet. I was ashamed when shaking hands because mine were constantly wet. I have tried many things but nothing worked. Oxybutynin changed my life. I only take one tablet at night as higher dose makes me drowsy and my mouth gets too dry. This is enough to stop my body sweating, however not enough for my feet; but this is a compromise. Feel like I was given a new life. Shame GPS don't prescribe it as proper hyperhydrosis treatment."

Polanda February 11, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This condition came from no where I never had any problems with sweating at all so 4 years ago when I turned 30 is when it all started, usually when I was out in public I would get anxious and start sweating I'd just want the earth to open up and swallow me it was so embarrassing. I went to see my doctor and a specialist and got a medical roll on and prescribed oxybutynin, the sweating stopped under my arms but started on my face and head. It's really affected my social life as I don't want to go places because of this condition. The pills have definitely helped don't get me wrong they've just not stopped the sweating completely."

Pistol Pete !!! (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I was prescribed oxybutynin Yesterday, the quality of my life has greatly improved, no more sweating and I can focus on job and talk to other people without any worries. Though mouth is just a bit dry, not a big effect. At least I have felt normal for once in my life just like everybody else, hope this great trend continues."

JackOji February 5, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Just got a prescription today. Took it at 2 pm walked outside in the sun, came back into the office, perspired a little but nothing like I used to. It's now 4 pm my office is at 80 degrees by now I'd have my tower fan at max but for the sake of testing if it works, I've turned it off. So far it's working my sweat isn't as bad. I do feel a little delirious kind of like taking morning Cold Medicine , allergy medicine, or balloon head best describes it. After suffering all my life with Hyperhydrosis and seeing it pass onto my nephew and nieces the pros far out weigh the cons. I'm a believer that it work for me. Sorry for the grammatical errors I wanted to share as soon as I could. SP"

Sonopsis October 21, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had hyperhydrosis for years and I couldn't even drive because my hands would sweat so much I couldn't grip the wheel. My hyperhydrosis was generalized all over. I was put on rubinol forte for this... The sweats stopped within HOURS of the first dose. I now take 3mg in the morning and 3 mg at night. This drug is an antichollergenic which is why it works. If oxybutin isn't making you 100% dry, try rubinol instead. I was to the point where I was so uncomfortable in my own skin after two years of looking like I'd just had a shower all the time, I considered suicide. I tried hyoscyamine before rubinol. Which did NOTHING. Please look up rubinol on this same site drugs.com. It is prescribed for ibs, but it's side effect will stop your sweats in their tracks"

Ashley hnicole October 3, 2015

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"My hyperhidrosis condition started when I finished high school. I've tried everything under the sun for this terrible condition and noting seemed to work, not even botox. It has hindered my work and social life as well. I was always ashamed from the profuse sweating and the looks I'd get from people made sweat even more. While searching for new cure for hyperhidrosis I found this forum. After reading all of the positives and negative reviews I decided to give it a try. I made an appointment with my doctor and asked her for 15mg of oxybutynin she looked puzzled but I explained to her that this could be a inexpensive therapy. She agreed to send me the EX version and it has changed my life around for the better. No sweating wow!"

Andy28 September 22, 2015