User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Oxybutynin Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Oxybutynin to treat Hyperhidrosis

"Hope this helps somebody. I've had severe night sweats for 5 years, since having an ovary removed. Drenching sheets multiple times a night. Tried a dozen treatments, mostly oral hormones, that didn't help at all. Then, tried Gabapentin. It stopped the night sweats completely! But made me feel spaced out all day --not an acceptable trade-off. Finally tried Oxybutinin for night sweats. It's been less than a week, but so far the severity of my sweats is drastically reduced and I've had no side effects! Good luck to us all."

Tessie (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2018

"I have suffered from hyperhidrosis since I could remember. The hands and feet didn't really bother me much in the beginning, but about 4 years ago the armpits started and it was just depressing. This thing just takes over and you can't control it. I've tried medicines, botox, miradry with no lasting or permanent relief. Just went I thought it couldn't get worst, surprise, surprise, it just went downhill from there because 2 years ago it just spread to my entire body. It is just THOUGHT CONSUMING and EMBARRASSING. I just came from my doctor today and she prescribed oxybutynin, I really hope it works and be one of the lucky ones. Can't wait to start it. Will give update in a month."

OptimisticlySweaty March 15, 2018

"I'm 24, I've had hyperhydrosis since I was 12, I have palmar hyperhydrosis. I started taking oxybutynin tablets 3 days ago ( 5mg twice a day ,total 10mg a day) ,I haven't noticed any change in my sweating for the first two days,I felt like I sweat maybe even more ,and all I got were the side effects (dry mouth ,throat and dizziness ) today (the third day) I started seeing some results my sweating was decreased about 50% ,I still sweat though but I'm looking forward for better results on the next upcoming days"

Anonymous February 15, 2018

"Have suffered excessive sweating most of my adult life, but this worsened due to Fibromyalgia. I was at my wits end, my hair and face were by far the worse, in fact didn’t want to leave the house because I always looked like I had just had bucket of water thrown over me, I was permanently fanning myself, and having to change clothes several times a day, then I read about Oxybutinin, and went to see my doctor, started 2.5 twice a day but didn’t work, so increased it to 5mg twice a day and it was like magic, haven’t taken my fan out of my handbag since stating to take them, and no more taking lots of tissues to wipe sweat off my face and hair, in fact after shopping now I’m completely dry, So glad I discovered these tablets."

Jobananas (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

"I have suffered with Hyperhydrosis for approximately 6 years now. I'm a woman, 66 years old. Had various medications from GP, which all worked briefly. I decided to see a Consultant privately as I was fed up with the constant embarrassment of wet hair and clothing. He immediately prescribed oxybutynin. I am amazed at how well it has worked. The only side effect is a dry mouth which is greatly improved by using an OTC spray. I have been taking the medication for 6 weeks and have now halved the dose without any decrease in efficacy. This drug has certainly outperformed anything prescribed by my doctor."

Granny Jan (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2017

"I've given this stuff a try a couple of times, and I'm surprised more people don't complain about the side effects?!?! I didn't really notice a difference in dryness but I sure felt terrible! I could barely function on this stuff; pressure headache, lethargy and dizziness! I'm glad it works for some people, wish I was one of them!"

Pate D December 29, 2017

"Oxybutynin hydrochloride is amazing. I've had primary and secondary hyperhidrosis since I was ~10 (I'm 24 now) and tried different treatments since I didn't want to take tablets. Finally saw a specialist who recommended Lyrinel XL so I gave it a go and it is a miracle. Totally dry at all times unless I'm extra stressed. Only side effect is dry mouth (thirsty the majority of the time!)."

SweatyIrish December 27, 2017

"I (man, 50) have struggled with severe generalized hyperhidrosis since I was in my early thirties. I started on 2 Ditropan tablets a day, and after just two or three days the problem was 99 % gone. It still is, 6 months later. No more changing of clothes two times a day, no more distracting and at times crippling sweat attacks at work, socially etc. To me, this is a miracle drug. Yes, strong words, but my life quality has been immensely improved. Mild constipation is the only side effect, it seems to be alleviated when I reduce to one and a half tablets, so will try that. In Norway, you need to ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist who can write prescriptions and follow you up. I recommend anyone with similar problems to try this."

Oslo50 November 13, 2017

"I am starting this drug tomorrow. I have always had some issues with extreme sweating and now I've been on methadone for the last 5 months and my sweating has gotten even more out of control. I got a prescription from my doctor today and I read these reviews and I am optimistic and looking forward to trying this. I'll write again to document how it goes. Thank you."

Optimisticly sweaty September 29, 2017

"I'm so grateful I read about Oxybutynin for hyperhydrosis on drugs.com 3 weeks ago it has already saved me so much anxiety, discomfort and embarrassment. I can't believe I can feel confident and comfortable in public now. THANK YOU! My crazy sweating began 2 years ago from Opiate Replacement Therapy (an extremely common side effect of methadone & Suboxone) Even in winter, just grocery shopping left me covered in sweat but since day 2 of Oxybutynin NOT ONE BEAD OF SWEAT I feel so lucky! I haven't tried exercising on it yet but I'll update when I do :) In addition to Methadone 50mg, I take Lexapro, Norimin, Ritalin & Serequel 25mg which would increase my side effects so far of dry mouth and 3 headaches but small sacrifice!"

TashSG (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

"I am a 30 year old, active/fit woman who has had sweating issues for as long as I can remember. Highly embarrassing. Been taking this for about 3 weeks now and it has changed my life in a profound way. I never knew that I could be warm without buckets of sweat. I don't know that I've appreciated what cold feels like until now either because I've always been so tuned into the fact that I was wet with sweat - like just come from the shower wet. Only side effects are very dry mouth/nose. I've had a bloody nose a couple times since starting. Worth the trade"

So relieved (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

"This is an actual life changer for me. I've been abnormally sweaty as long as I can remember - small walks in any kind of warmth I'd be soaked, even shovelling snow in (actual) single digit temperatures would result with me soaking through coats. It would get 10 fold worse in any area with humidity (I live in a very high altitude/dry area). I was very self conscious of this, constantly only had my hair back because it would be wet by mid day. Miserable. I started doing some looking into the symptoms and found hyperhidrosis and was so relieved to see something with a name and a potential relief. I immediately set an appointment with my doctor to discuss Oxybutynin. I've been on it for three days and my sweating is gone. It's GONE."

Formerly Sweaty (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

"Female 40yrs -age. Started getting axillary hyperhidrosis at age 24yrs. Not known if hereditary so Dr said wasn't primary but secondary I basically begged my Dr as it had major effects on my QOL. At my wits end, willing to try anything, just want it to be over! On day 4 of 2.5mg per day. I took 1st dose in afternoon (fine) 2nd dose just before dinner ( not good! Found myself dizzy and tired) 3rd & 4th dose before bed ( fine) 4th day starting to get slight dry throat, not major. Sweat seems to have decreased a little. Not confident to wear anything not black can't be certain as to improvement as sometimes clothing feels wet but when I feel armpit it feels dry, weird. Will be brave tomorrow and wear colour. Will keep updating over weeks."

Tumtum 566 August 3, 2017

"Thank goodness for a diagnose! And oxybutynin. The truth is I have hypothyroidism which gives me terrible temperature fluctuations. I can be cold then I can be hot and so on. I also have fibromyalgia which is autoimmune disease. And last annoying temperature changer is ranaulds. Another pesky temperature changer that affects your nose, fingers and toes. I told my doctor about my reading about oxybutynin and how it treat temperature changes. I started on 5 mg of Oxybutynin that was a little too much for me. So I take 2.5 mg in the morning. And I'm good for the day. I dripped, change clothes three times a day, sweating at night, and now I'm free."

Molly Gayle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

"I've been suffering from sweaty palms and feet since I was really little, but now at 15, it has really started to impact my life. As a child, I thought it was normal to have clammy hands and feet but as I hit puberty it got very excessive and my armpits started to sweat heavily as well. It never really bothered me until high school ,as people would make remarks which hurt me as I couldn't help it. It was embarassing and made me constantly self conscious. I started taking lyrinel 1 week ago and I sweat like a normal person! My hands and feet are dry, unless I'm clenching them for a long time, they'll get a bit clammy. My pits barely sweat. This stuff is a life saver , although it makes me drowsy sometimes and gives me a dry throat."

Jessjwjwjajao June 18, 2017

"This drug is pretty amazing. I've had hyperhydrosis of the palms, soles and underarms since hitting puberty. I was skeptic since I've previously tried botox, iontophoresis and drysol with limited results. However, after three days of taking oxybutynin (5mg 3x a day) I was 95% sweat-free. My only negative things to say about the drug is about side effects. I have gotten fairly dizzy/spaced out a few times, and I experience dry mouth pretty often. However, that's not bad in comparison to the acne I've gotten. I used to get pimples around once a month, however now I have ones lasting for <6 wks, varying in size/colour. I constantly have groups of acne on my face. Does anyone have any remedies? I've tried acne masks, cleansers and tea tree oil."

* (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

"I suffer from cranial-facial hyperhidrosis. It is really bad, to the point it can look like I have sweat soaked hair and face. It's the worst indoors when I am shopping, walking around, work meetings, etc. Seriously, the most embarrassing and socially debilitating issue I have every experienced. I have gone to the dermatologist for Botox injections in my scalp several times and it works a little bit, but nothing great. After doing research, I decided I needed to try an oral medication. I am glad I did, Oxybutynin works really well for me, I am so happy. I usually need 5mg 3x daily to get through the day. I get dry mouth pretty bad, but gum or lozenge gets me through that problem pretty well."

alohasweaty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2017

"21 years of age and I have been suffering with palmar hyperhidrosis from being in primary school. As I've gotten older, it has spread to other parts of my body, which makes this condition even more embarrassing. After going to the doctors and being given Driclor (which does not work) and being told there is nothing else they can do, I gave up all hope and thought well, that's it, I'm going to suffer with this forever. Until one day I decided to look deeper online and I found this website and read the reviews of Oxybutynin - I booked an appointment with my doctor straight away and asked him to prescribe this medication - 10 days after I'm hyperhidrosis free. I still cry now, the sweating has stopped completely. Highly recommend!"

Victoria Alison (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

"Been suffering from hyperhidrosis since many years but it has been coming on worse during the more recent years. Started to socially distance myself and was always thinking about what to wear and how to lay out the day to avoid sweating. After taking Oxybutynin for one day I noticed a change. While exercising I start to sweat but kind of in a normal way. In everyday life no more sweating. It has changed my life! Thanks for all the help from all of you that's on here. Felt like I got my life back!! I'm super happy!"

Zander12 January 8, 2017

"I have suffered from Hyperhidrosis since childhood. I always wished to live a normal life just like other people though I saw other people suffered differently and I kept myself silent and cried in silence. It took me more time to prepare myself travelling on trains and buses so people won't smell my sweat (mold smell) from my feet. I could wipe my hands constantly but feet was hard to manage. Today I feel so happy and positive taking oxybutynin. I have no thoughts about sweat. I used to wonder how would a medication control my brain? The minute I thought about sweat, it would appear! but I am sweat free because of this medication and I am thankful of researchers, doctors, scientist, pharmaceutical companies and of course above all God."

Yasmin S. January 3, 2017

"I only started sweating after being on narcotic drugs and several other prescriptions in 2005. The sweating on my face, chest, neck and back is horrible!! I joke with people that I don't need to shower as I'm showering with sweat everyday! I stopped doing everything, even cleaning & I was completely embarrassed just going shopping. I now sit in my bedroom doing as little as possible. I've had the oxybutynin only a month and I don't take it everyday but when I do, there seems to be an already marked improvement!! I've been getting regular Botox shots in my hairline and along the back of my neck but to no avail. If the few "OxyBs" I've taken are a sign of what's to come, then THANK GOD.. I truly believe I WILL get my life back!"

Cnucme? (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

"It's amazing. After only one day I've stopped my excessive sweating from my head. So so so happy. No side effects yet. Don't care if there are. I can look forward to summer now."

Melxray (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

"This is miracle !!! life saver it is the best for sweating hands and feet after only 4 days of using this crazy unbelievable thing , I don't sweate anymore thanks god now I can feel as a normal people no more shit sweating"

Mrb-777 hotmail (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

"Ive had hyperhydrosis my whole childhood and so being able to have this medication during my highschool years is so helpful, not just because of the bullying and my self-esteem but the amount of things I can finally do. I just wish it wasnt a daily medication."

Ey.its.me (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2016

"It does work well and you get bad side affects if you are taking anti deppressants or anti anxiety medications."

GBW7919 October 22, 2016