User Reviews for Oxybutynin

Also known as: Anturol, Ditropan, Ditropan XL, Gelnique, Oxytrol, Oxytrol for Women, Urotrol

Learn more about Oxybutynin.

Oxybutynin Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Hyperhidrosis.

Reviews for Oxybutynin to treat Hyperhidrosis

"I am a 30 year old, active/fit woman who has had sweating issues for as long as I can remember. Highly embarrassing. Been taking this for about 3 weeks now and it has changed my life in a profound way. I never knew that I could be warm without buckets of sweat. I don't know that I've appreciated what cold feels like until now either because I've always been so tuned into the fact that I was wet with sweat - like just come from the shower wet. Only side effects are very dry mouth/nose. I've had a bloody nose a couple times since starting. Worth the trade"

So relieved (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is an actual life changer for me. I've been abnormally sweaty as long as I can remember - small walks in any kind of warmth I'd be soaked, even shovelling snow in (actual) single digit temperatures would result with me soaking through coats. It would get 10 fold worse in any area with humidity (I live in a very high altitude/dry area). I was very self conscious of this, constantly only had my hair back because it would be wet by mid day. Miserable. I started doing some looking into the symptoms and found hyperhidrosis and was so relieved to see something with a name and a potential relief. I immediately set an appointment with my doctor to discuss Oxybutynin. I've been on it for three days and my sweating is gone. It's GONE."

Formerly Sweaty (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Female 40yrs -age. Started getting axillary hyperhidrosis at age 24yrs. Not known if hereditary so Dr said wasn't primary but secondary I basically begged my Dr as it had major effects on my QOL. At my wits end, willing to try anything, just want it to be over! On day 4 of 2.5mg per day. I took 1st dose in afternoon (fine) 2nd dose just before dinner ( not good! Found myself dizzy and tired) 3rd & 4th dose before bed ( fine) 4th day starting to get slight dry throat, not major. Sweat seems to have decreased a little. Not confident to wear anything not black can't be certain as to improvement as sometimes clothing feels wet but when I feel armpit it feels dry, weird. Will be brave tomorrow and wear colour. Will keep updating over weeks."

Tumtum 566 August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Thank goodness for a diagnose! And oxybutynin. The truth is I have hypothyroidism which gives me terrible temperature fluctuations. I can be cold then I can be hot and so on. I also have fibromyalgia which is autoimmune disease. And last annoying temperature changer is ranaulds. Another pesky temperature changer that affects your nose, fingers and toes. I told my doctor about my reading about oxybutynin and how it treat temperature changes. I started on 5 mg of Oxybutynin that was a little too much for me. So I take 2.5 mg in the morning. And I'm good for the day. I dripped, change clothes three times a day, sweating at night, and now I'm free."

Molly Gayle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been suffering from sweaty palms and feet since I was really little, but now at 15, it has really started to impact my life. As a child, I thought it was normal to have clammy hands and feet but as I hit puberty it got very excessive and my armpits started to sweat heavily as well. It never really bothered me until high school ,as people would make remarks which hurt me as I couldn't help it. It was embarassing and made me constantly self conscious. I started taking lyrinel 1 week ago and I sweat like a normal person! My hands and feet are dry, unless I'm clenching them for a long time, they'll get a bit clammy. My pits barely sweat. This stuff is a life saver , although it makes me drowsy sometimes and gives me a dry throat."

Jessjwjwjajao June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug is pretty amazing. I've had hyperhydrosis of the palms, soles and underarms since hitting puberty. I was skeptic since I've previously tried botox, iontophoresis and drysol with limited results. However, after three days of taking oxybutynin (5mg 3x a day) I was 95% sweat-free. My only negative things to say about the drug is about side effects. I have gotten fairly dizzy/spaced out a few times, and I experience dry mouth pretty often. However, that's not bad in comparison to the acne I've gotten. I used to get pimples around once a month, however now I have ones lasting for <6 wks, varying in size/colour. I constantly have groups of acne on my face. Does anyone have any remedies? I've tried acne masks, cleansers and tea tree oil."

* (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I suffer from cranial-facial hyperhidrosis. It is really bad, to the point it can look like I have sweat soaked hair and face. It's the worst indoors when I am shopping, walking around, work meetings, etc. Seriously, the most embarrassing and socially debilitating issue I have every experienced. I have gone to the dermatologist for Botox injections in my scalp several times and it works a little bit, but nothing great. After doing research, I decided I needed to try an oral medication. I am glad I did, Oxybutynin works really well for me, I am so happy. I usually need 5mg 3x daily to get through the day. I get dry mouth pretty bad, but gum or lozenge gets me through that problem pretty well."

alohasweaty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"21 years of age and I have been suffering with palmar hyperhidrosis from being in primary school. As I've gotten older, it has spread to other parts of my body, which makes this condition even more embarrassing. After going to the doctors and being given Driclor (which does not work) and being told there is nothing else they can do, I gave up all hope and thought well, that's it, I'm going to suffer with this forever. Until one day I decided to look deeper online and I found this website and read the reviews of Oxybutynin - I booked an appointment with my doctor straight away and asked him to prescribe this medication - 10 days after I'm hyperhidrosis free. I still cry now, the sweating has stopped completely. Highly recommend!"

Victoria Alison (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been suffering from hyperhidrosis since many years but it has been coming on worse during the more recent years. Started to socially distance myself and was always thinking about what to wear and how to lay out the day to avoid sweating. After taking Oxybutynin for one day I noticed a change. While exercising I start to sweat but kind of in a normal way. In everyday life no more sweating. It has changed my life! Thanks for all the help from all of you that's on here. Felt like I got my life back!! I'm super happy!"

Zander12 January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered from Hyperhidrosis since childhood. I always wished to live a normal life just like other people though I saw other people suffered differently and I kept myself silent and cried in silence. It took me more time to prepare myself travelling on trains and buses so people won't smell my sweat (mold smell) from my feet. I could wipe my hands constantly but feet was hard to manage. Today I feel so happy and positive taking oxybutynin. I have no thoughts about sweat. I used to wonder how would a medication control my brain? The minute I thought about sweat, it would appear! but I am sweat free because of this medication and I am thankful of researchers, doctors, scientist, pharmaceutical companies and of course above all God."

Yasmin S. January 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I only started sweating after being on narcotic drugs and several other prescriptions in 2005. The sweating on my face, chest, neck and back is horrible!! I joke with people that I don't need to shower as I'm showering with sweat everyday! I stopped doing everything, even cleaning & I was completely embarrassed just going shopping. I now sit in my bedroom doing as little as possible. I've had the oxybutynin only a month and I don't take it everyday but when I do, there seems to be an already marked improvement!! I've been getting regular Botox shots in my hairline and along the back of my neck but to no avail. If the few "OxyBs" I've taken are a sign of what's to come, then THANK GOD.. I truly believe I WILL get my life back!"

Cnucme? (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It's amazing. After only one day I've stopped my excessive sweating from my head. So so so happy. No side effects yet. Don't care if there are. I can look forward to summer now."

Melxray (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is miracle !!! life saver it is the best for sweating hands and feet after only 4 days of using this crazy unbelievable thing , I don't sweate anymore thanks god now I can feel as a normal people no more shit sweating"

Mrb-777 hotmail (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ive had hyperhydrosis my whole childhood and so being able to have this medication during my highschool years is so helpful, not just because of the bullying and my self-esteem but the amount of things I can finally do. I just wish it wasnt a daily medication."

Ey.its.me (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It does work well and you get bad side affects if you are taking anti deppressants or anti anxiety medications."

GBW7919 October 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I really wanted this to work for my hyperhydrosis however I only took 2.5mg last night before bed & today I have found the side effects intolerable; dry eyes, headache, drowsiness & lethargy, dry nose. So unfortunately I can't continue on & see if it's effective in reducing my sweating "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 55 year old woman who has suffered from sweaty hands and feet for as long as I can remember. Also the icy feet and hands while still sweating. It's been a lifelong struggle. I've tried everything over the years and nothing worked. About a year ago I watched an episode of diagnose me. Long story short she suffered from hyperhidrosis. The cure Oxybuten. It's a bladder control medicine. But for me it's lifesaver. I have warm dry hands and feet 95 percent of the time. It's changed my life."

svel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered excessive sweating most of my life. It started when i was around 6 yrs old my hands and feet were constantly wet I recall my mother calling me a frog lol. A few years ago it became out of control I had sweat dripping fown my back, my hair my head, my groin literally my whole body was constantly wet. Omg when I went on oxybutynin 5mg it stopped, ive been on it for 3 weeks and am beginning to slightly sweat again which means i will go onto 10mg. The side effects i get is a very dry mouth and drowsiness, however I cut back my dosage and slowly increased it I found this to limit the side affects. This medication has changed my life I feel normal and can wear my normal clothes and now feel the cold and so excited to wear a coat."

Puff ball August 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've suffered from Hyperhidrosis for several years. It started on my forehead and just spread. I had given up all hope. I went to two Dermatologist's and I was just told to take with me extra clothing to change or that I had to loose weight. I sweated no matter what. If it was snow outside, I was still sweating. If I just sat at home and enjoyed a movie I was sweat. There was no cure for this and I had given up. I got social anxiety and I avoided people and situations. Could only wear dark and black cloths. Suddenly I was hit by a miracle. Oxybutynin. I didn't belive the drug could help at all, but the Dermatologist said I should give it a try. My life has changed since then. I can finally live as a normal human being again."

nevergiveup84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I decided to have ETS when I was in my early 30's after suffering for many years from acute underarm sweating. While successful, subsequent compensatory sweating (including gustatory sweating) created a whole new set of problems. This has mostly been easier to disguise and manage but it is a constant worry and a nightmare in the summer months. 20 years later, I discovered Propantheline Bromide and then Lyrinel XL. The former did have a noticeable benefit when taken early morning well before food but efficacy deteriorated with subsequent top ups in the day. The Lyrinel XL, if allowed to build up a few days, seems much longer lasting and has fewer side effects. Early days and not a complete cure but a massive improvement."

LondonBoy July 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After ten years of being brushed off by people I thought where dermatologists I have finally found relief in this medication. As my career and age progressed I have been placed in social situations that require hand to hand contact. My hands and armpits sweat constantly to a point they were dripping. It negatively affected all aspect of intimate encounters. Within a day of starting this medication I saw results. I was given 5mg however I notice that I must take it twice a day for a total of 10mg. No side effects except dry mouth and itching dry eyes."

ColdSweat (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered with excessive sweating for the past year or so. This is a long term side effect of my Duloxetine. I'm on 120 mgs a day for pain management (peripheral neuropathy from having had Guillam Barre Syndrome) and my mood. I suffered terrible sweating on my back and chest and under my arms. I would arrive at work saturated. I would need to change my shirt 2 or 3 times in a day. I started on Oxybutinin extended release in February 2016 and the change has been amazing. I experience a number of side effects. Mainly dry mouth, slightly blurred vision and stomach and bowel problems but in comparison to the sweating I know what I prefer. It's made such a difference. I'm a UK resident."

Stratfordkit58 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Suffer from excessive sweating on my face & when in hot climate it spreads to my back too. I begged help from GP who tried me on Propanthaline which left me in agony due to difficulty passing urine & cystitis type reaction after 3 days use. I was then passed to dermatology dept. at hospital who just said nothing could do! Oh the wonder of UK'S NHS!! Said to try propanano, which again did not work. So I did my own research and went 'cap in hand' back to my GP & BEGGED to try Oxybutynin. He said no solid evidence it works & it's just a placebo for hyperhydrosis. Anyway he gave in & said I could try 5mg a day. I started them 5 days ago & but better so upping dose to 10mg (at night) as makes me drowsy."

Drummie69 (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication has helped me so much. Over the last few years my sweating became really excessive on my face and neck. My neck just gushed swest. All areas of my life were affected, and I was humiliated on a daily basis. I heard about an oral medication for hyperhidrosis, so I went online to do some research and I learned about oxybutynin, then went to the doctor who gave me a prescription for 5mg 2x daily. I think it took 2 or 3 days to see a difference, and it was a big difference. I was literally overjoyed. I don't mind the side effects (dry mouth and drowsiness), but for me the oxybutynin does not take the sweating completely away. I'm now in 10 mg 2x daily. I also notice it stops working about halfway through my day."

Happytobesweatfree (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Fifteen years ago I was desperate to find relief for my severe Hyperhydrosis (hands and feet). I discovered oxybutinin and it has literally changed the course of my life. I started with one 5mg dose in the morning and one 5mg dose at night. The side effects (drowsiness, foggy brain, dry mouth) were a little much for me so I cut my morning dose in half. This medication has allowed me to feel like a normal person and to engage in activities that I used to withdraw from (public speaking, shaking hands, wearing flip flops, etc.). I tried Botox (very little effect), acupuncture, drysol. Nothing has been nearly as effective as the oxybutinin. It's a game-changer!"

ShelbyAS March 22, 2016