User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Myrbetriq has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 207 ratings on Drugs.com. 34% of those users who reviewed Myrbetriq reported a positive effect, while 47% reported a negative effect.

Urinary Frequency
5.3
Urinary Incontinence
4.1
Summary of Myrbetriq reviews 5.0 207 reviews

Reviews for Myrbetriq

Momma Bear · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2021

For Urinary Incontinence: “I tried this twice. The first time, my blood pressure (I take Avopro for high BP) spiked. Another 2 months of OAB and I decided to try it again. This time no BP problems but bad abdominal/stomach pain, nausea and didn't help with the OAB. After 2 weeks of being sick, I decided OAB is better than these side effects! I also question why my doctor started me straight away on 50 mg instead of 25mg when I am 108 pounds?”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2021

For Urinary Incontinence: “So far this is a miracle drug for me - been on the 25 mg for 2 weeks and this is the BEST I've been in 20 years...had macroplastique - which worked great for 2 weeks - then it suddenly stopped and I was back to constant leakage. The moment I stood up, I'd start leaking and rarely made it to the bathroom without leaking and often having a "flood". My life was centered around finding bathrooms and not being able to make it in time...went to the bathroom at leat 15 times a day..and got up at least 3 times per night..so far, 90% improvement - I pray it continues to work and that my insurance will cover it.”

David March 21, 2021

For Urinary Frequency: “My primary doctor recommended Oxybutynin for one month and said if no improvement in my evening frequency, I should see a urologist. So there was no improvement and the urologist prescribed Myrbetriq (50mg). The evening after the 4th pill, I could not pee at all and had to be rushed to emergency where they installed a catheter to empty my bladder that was ready to explode. I thought I was going to die until that put me on the catheter. I was on the catheter at home for 5 days suffering from the pain that the catheter was causing me. When the urologist removed the catheter, he did not know that urinary blockage was one of the side effects which really surprised me. I told him that before seeing him I had read some patient on Myrbetrig forums saying that the drug caused urinary blockages. He poo pooed the reason for their blockage and said they must have been prone to blockage rather than due to taking Mybetrig. I strongly disagree with his assessment.”

Myra · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “Was on Myrbetriq for over 8 weeks. I started on 25mg. and was increased by the doctor to 50mg. Unfortunately my urgency and leakage continued. There was no noticeable change and my symptoms did not improve. Very disappointed .....”

Oh my... · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2021

For Urinary Incontinence: “48 year old female with bladder incontinence issues. I took Myrbetriq for around 6 months. During this time, I became sicker and sicker. Headaches, dizziness, muscle aches, fatigue, back pain, heart palpitations, even an emergency room visit, never once making the connection to this drug. I stopped wanting to go to the gym or wanting to leave home. I felt so bad. I scheduled a doctors appointment assuming I probably had some horrible disease. However, when Myrbetriq suddenly just stopped helping for the bladder issues, I researched the medicine. My word, I immediately stopped taking Myrbetriq. Within less than a week, I saw an improvement in my overall health. At times in the past, I would laugh at commercials with the long list of “possible side effects” for certain drugs. I thought it was just a legality. My goodness, these side effects are real and they’re horrible. I had rather deal with running to the bathroom all day, everyday.”

Disappointed · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “After 6 weeks of 25mg and 4 weeks of 50 mg Myrbetriq ended up at emergency room for urinary retention. Was sent home with catheter (because it was weekend) until I could get appointment to see urologist. I will never take this medicine again. Was still using liners while taking this drug because incontinence did not stop. Did not improve my condition.”

Ghee · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2021

For Urinary Frequency: “Was having to get up every couple of hours at night to pee. My urologist gave me a 30 day sample of Myrbetriq. The meds seemed to work. I was now sleeping 4-5 hours without having to get up. What I didn't know is how expensive this drug is. Even with discounts, GoodRx, etc., cost was over $400 for 30 pills. There is no generic and like many of the big pharma's in the United States they can charge just about whatever they want. I wound up ordering the pills from Canada for $100 for 30 pills. My doctor wrote me a prescription for 90 pills so my cost was just slightly over $300. It was easy and took about 2 weeks for delivery from Canada. Too bad that big pharma in the US owns the politicians and can charge whatever they want.”

Daisy · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “I had been taking Toviaz for several years to replace the oxybutinin I was taking before. The problem with Toviaz was terrible constipation and dry mouth but it worked fairly well in controlling my incontinence and frequency of urination. My urologist recommended I try Myrbetriq as she said the side effects were not as troubling as Toviaz. After taking Myrbetriq for a few days and having many, many episodes of incontinence where I couldn't even make it to the bathroom before urination began. Went thru several pairs of pants and underwear while taking this. I decided the dry mouth and constipation were much better than the incontinence I suffered with Myrbetriq so I switched back to Toviaz. Below I give it a rating of 1 but only because there was not a 0 listed. I”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “So my Dr said that there was no known side effects ever from taking Myrbetriq. Well I find that to be rubbish . I have taken this Myrbetriq and now I can't pee at all like hardly anything is coming out and I wake up with a fast heart rate and cramps. I am 25 and this whole peeing thing sucks !! I hope all you get well soon.”

Dee dee · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “I was given samples of myrbetrig - Avoid of all cost the first night I experience side effects of dry mouth, irregular heart beat, and woke up with a pounding headache, took 2 days to get out of my system”

Small8rain · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 12, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “I have taken this drug for 8 months. I was surprised that it worked right away because I had tried many other things like Ditropan, Uripaz etc that did not work. However the longer I have taken it the worse I feel from side effects. My hair started to fall out early on but I didn’t connect it with Myrbetiq until I read these reviews. Slowly it started to stop working as well, I had a UTI and now I have a pounding headache, my ears buzz, I am so dizzy I am afraid to take a shower, my nose runs steadily, my eyes burn. I can’t concentrate maybe because I feel as if my head will explode. I see my doctor tomorrow. Hopefully she will come up with a good alternative and I won’t have withdrawal from this med. I would rate it 7/10 for symptom relief but overall 0/10 because of the severe side effects, including palpitations, muscle cramps, itchy skin, skin so dry it flakes off as well as the other things I mentioned.”

KH · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 28, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I was on Myribiq 25mg daily for a year, then asked to go to 50mg daily and it has changed my life from the beginning (6 weeks into it). Helps with urgency, frequency and bladder spasms. I also lost weight from the drug, with no dieting, because it makes your metabolism faster. This is one reason you should never take the drug at night! The feeling you all have mentioned is your metabolism working faster. Take it in the morning or day to enjoy more energy! Everyone is different but I'm glad I gave it a try. I hope it continues to work for me. You should give it at least 6 weeks to work correctly with your body. My Urologist insisted it takes 6 weeks to kick in and he was right.”

Sassy Dame · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2021

For Urinary Incontinence: “The Doctor gave me samples of the 25mg dose and I took 1 dose for 2 days and quit. My blood pressure increased quickly, I had a constant and bad headache, and it did nothing to improve my urinary frequency or urgency. Of course at only 2 days of usage, I did not give it a fair chance to work but I also did not want to stroke out!”

running fox · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “My doctor put me on Myrebetriq medication to help me with my incontinence, It worked a few days after starting it. I took it for 4 weeks. Then the discomfort of terrible pains my stomach started. In that time was suffering from having to pee, and to move my bowels at the same time, My bowel began to make changes, till I was passing bloody mucus from the rectum. I had to tell my doctor, about it and I told her I had to stop medication. My bowels were badly backed up had not had a good bowel movement, even though the pamphlet mentioned nothing about constipation from this medication, it should never be given to someone who has GI problems like Diverticulitis or even IBS. Therefore I cannot use this medicine at all.”

Peach · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 18, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “My Dr. prescribed Myrbetriq for my overactive bladder. I was getting up 3-4 times at night, & going every hour or so in the day. After 5 weeks, I called it quits. It did calm my bladder down, so that only going once at night & every few hours in daytime. The downside? I started having urge incontinence, & couldn't make it to the bathroom when I finally felt the urge to go. Just bending over to get out of bed, I would gush. Leaking through 2 pads a day. Nope, I'd rather be going often than peeing on myself. BTW, if you do take this med & find it too expensive, you may quality for free meds through the mfg. of this drug. I did.”

Rarinsharon · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “Took 25 mg of Merbetriq samples then bought another months drug. I took a total of 40 days. It helped my urinary frequency at first, then my headache started during afternoon - evening hours, but I slept fine for first few days. Then headache became constant. Worst headache pain I have ever felt. Intense, constant stabbing pain. I became lethargic, did not want food and found minimum relief with ice on my head. Several nights with no sleep and then acquired fast heart beat, pounding in my ears. Often had vomit rising in my throat and I became totally immobile. Stopped taking Myrbetriq on September 12th, 2019. I am still nursing headache 4 days later. But pain is now intermittent with sparks or flashes of pain like starburst in my head. I ate oatmeal and scrambled eggs for first time today. Glad for the people this drug helped but recommend caution prior to using the drug.”

Scotty November 6, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “Just took my first pill yesterday at 2 In the afternoon. When I woke up the next morning I had a headache, felt like I was going to throw up and couldn’t eat. Slept all day, still have headache! One pill at 50mg. I have a prolapsed bladder and the doctor thought the med would help stop the bladder from spasming. I’m not taking another pill!! And after I spent an unholy $255 on these awful pills!!”

K.Muldoon December 7, 2013

For Urinary Frequency: “Only started yesterday, but in these 2 days - great. Number of trips to the bathroom during the day went from at least 12 to 5 yesterday and 6 today. I slept through the night last night without needing to get up once. Best of all, I was in the car running errands for over 2 hours and experienced absolutely no urgency. Small sample, but so far so good!”

Tina · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I went to my doctor because I had experienced urinary frequency for some time with some leakage. She gave me a sample of Myrbetriq and everything seem to be fine. The only side effect that I had was I lost almost all of my hair! Are used to have with my friends and family would call Hollywood hair and now I have no hair and I am a 62-year-old female. I would avoid this medication if you want to keep your hair. I would rather pee myself then be bald!”

TonyL · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “This drug worked great for me. I was up urinating at night about 4-5 times a night and as frequently during the day. After one week I saw an improvement and after two months on it my night/day urination was back to normal. Has been 6 months since I finished the medication and still no problems. Hope it stays that way.”

Mawyatt1 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2013

For Urinary Incontinence: “This medicine has been life changing! After 20 years of dealing with the dry mouth, dry skin, dry eyes, dry scalp dry nose that results from taking Ditropan, I finally can have control over my incontinence (due to Spina Bifida) and swallow my food without needing water to help. I only gave it 9 stars because of the $85 co-pay but so far it has been worth every penny. This medicine controls my bladder better than Ditropan and I have had zero side effects.”

PrincessPPQ November 3, 2016

For Urinary Frequency: “This drug has been an absolute game-changer for me. I've only been taking it for about 3 months so I am still getting used to not having to run to the bathroom every 15 mins. The effects were immediate. I noticed a drastic reduction in frequency just within the first few hours of taking my first dose. It's amazing to look back and see how much I (and my friends/family) had arranged their lives around my bladder - planning for bathroom breaks, making mad dashes to the bathroom when in public, and running on the verge of dehydration for years in an attempt to reduce the frequency. I can't imagine going back to that.”

KarenFL · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I’ve been on Myrbetriq for a little over a month now. I was thrilled that it worked on the first day and it seemed like my urinary frequently was cured !! But two to three weeks later I started experiencing terrible stomach pain after eating and then horrible diarrhea. My doctor tried to tell me it wasn’t myrbetriq that these are not common side effects of this drug but After reading these reviews, I see I am not alone suffering from these particular side effects. I'm sad about quitting this medication because it worked very well for my urinary issues. But I’m quitting this medication today.”

Mojo0242 · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2014

For Urinary Frequency: “I started Myrbetriq about three weeks ago. What a difference it has made in my life. The doctor gave me samples for 25 mg and I noticed a positive change the first day and even more after a few days. When my two week supply of samples ran out, I requested to try the 50 mg and this level has almost completely alleviated all the symptoms I was having. Now I'm battling with my insurance company to approve the medicine. Hopefully they will come through for me because this medication is working great.”

Star kitten April 21, 2014

For Urinary Incontinence: “I have had Botox three times for incontinence and found relief for about six months each time. This medication works even better from the first pill. I have now been taking this for a month and it has changed my life. I was going to have the sacral nerve implant which was very frightening to me, but now I don't have to go through with it. I am a little bit upset that my doctor did not mention this medicine to me until I asked if there were any new medicines on the market. I have taken Detrol and Ditropan with no marked improvement. If you have an over active bladder this medication is fantastic.”

Jmk · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 7, 2021

For Urinary Incontinence: “Took this expensive drug for 2 plus years. I still have incontinence and urgency. So disgusted. Had dose increase and was better for after 2 months but 2 months later I ‘m back to having issues again. Also my hair is changing (thin and straight) and I wonder if it is from this drug.”

Shelly5 September 17, 2013

For Urinary Frequency: “I have been taking this medication for a month now and have noticed a big difference in the amount of times I go to the bathroom. It is great, but like with all the other medications you must watch the amount of caffeine you intake because it doesn't work as well. Caffeine will relax the muscle, but if I drink water or anything caffeine free I am fine. I can drink up to 3-4 glasses and still be ok. It worked better than all the others I've been put on.”

Pnut 43 November 16, 2013

For Urinary Frequency: “I have been on this medication for 2 months--50 mg. It has reduced my frequency slightly (from 20 to 18 times), but has relieved the bladder pressure and urgency (that was constant). I can almost sleep for 5 hrs without the need to urinate. It has significantly improved the quality of my life. When I started the medication I had headaches, but after a week they disappeared.”