User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Urinary Incontinence
4.8

Summary of Myrbetriq reviews 5.6 127 reviews

Reviews for Myrbetriq

For Overactive Bladder "This Myrbetriq caused diarrhea, ocular migraines, headaches, painful urination, and sharp pains in my bladder. I took it for a week and had to discontinue using these pills, the side effects were too intense, painful, and disturbing."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I started this drug March of 2017. It worked great. In Sept my hair started to come out in the shower and while combing it out after. It is now May 2018 and even though I stopped the drug in October the hair loss is still ongoing. I have Telogen effluvium (TE) hair loss which is the name for temporary hair loss due to some shock to the system. I typed in Mybetric and hair loss and whoa ......many panicked patients. I have lost more than 50% of my hair. Hair gets pushed into next stage. It doesn't happen till about 3...4...months after starting the drug. "

Farrah711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

"(age 60 female) no other illinesses or meds Diagnosis: I.C. OAB (Interstitial cystitis, over active bladder) Symptoms: Severe burning in bladder, cramping, frequent urge to urinate. Never relieved of feeling I need to go. Worst days and nights were 40 times /day and 12 times at night. ugh First Urologist recommended Elmiron, was also taking 1x Oxybutinin 10 mg. After 4 months frequency decreased with first meds but not completely gone. Good days and bad days with no rhyme or reason. Diet doesn't seem to have any effect. New Urologist: Started Myrbetriq; (free 3 week sample) 50mg extended release, take every morning. First day I felt better....2nd day even better. Today is day 5 and I have no pain symptoms at all. Normal frequency. Haven't noticed side effects yet............praying this is the answer. Will post after another month or so. Will deal with insurance coverage $ after 3rd week if continue to tolerate and efficacy."

The Hair Lady (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence "I took myrbetriq after a prostatectomy and after my catheter was removed (in for THREE weeks) to try to curb the "dribbles"...On the second day, I had to stop 4 times in 30 minutes to pee...And I'm not talking about a "little" pee, I'm talking about FILLING a red solo cup every time.( I was driving) It kept me up all night trotting back n forth to bathroom. This morning, I gained TWO belt notches on my belt. I'll bet I lost 3 or 4 pounds in water alone yesterday. Needless to day, I'm DONE with this med. At this rate, I'd be totally dehydrated in the next 2 days..."

Dragracer April 25, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Tried it for 7 weeks...then all went downhill, my pain was increased by 300% I DISCONTINUED it myself as I couldn't wait for doctor's approval It was (in the 7th week) the worst drug I ever took and with diabetes and RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and fibro that even high doses of (60mg 3x a day or more) did NOT work I am now on 45mg 3x a day and very comfortable at a 3.7 pain level from a 8.5+ Like I said if you start experiencing bad side effects...S T O P Thanks for reading. Ta taaaaa"

anickstairs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Began with Myrbetriq (25 grams once per day) about 3 years ago. IT WAS GREAT in the beginning. Gradually stopped working after 2 yrs later. My Dr upped me to 50mg per day for one month then dropped dosage to one 50 gram pill to every other day. Worked good again for a while but now after a year of this, it is not as effective - leakage & OAB is returning. For me, it was great at first, but not helpful for long term use. Issues: pulse higher, facial skin issues and leg cramps. One last option? Take 50 mgs daily?? I fear going this high......and insurance probably won't cover it due to cost. Is ridiculous!"

Also have leakage (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "It made the frequency and urgency to urinate far worse! In addition it caused insomnia. All these affects are still with me even two weeks after stopping Myrbetriq. This is a horrible drug."

ehm (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence "I have been taking this medication for several months with NO results."

waste of time (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I was diagnosed with overactive bladder and incomplete bladder emptying. It was noted that I had a rather small bladder. For incomplete bladder emptying I've been cathing. I tried several drugs prior to Myrbetriq with no effect (Other then side effects) The Myrbetriq / cath combo worked! No more frequent middle of the night treks to the bathroom *Plus the all the time all day long treks to the bathroom. The warning about watching your blood pressure when taking this drug is important. I have high blood pressure (Being treated) before this and I believe the Myrbetrig made it go up a bit so my BP meds have been adjusted. I would urge anyone with similar problems that can't find relief with the other drugs to give this one a try. I'm told it operates a different way so its worth giving a shot. Note: for being covered by insurance mine had to be informed that I had given other less expensive drugs an honest try first."

James186282 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I have on this med for less a month. it has decreased frequency greatly. was going 14-18 times a day, now 6-8. HOWEVER, dry eyes and blurred vision has become a real concern. I am having to use my reading glasses to see far. Very concerned..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I was given this medication 50 mg to help with leakage. It went from helping a little to making things worse quickly and now I am having problems with constant leaking and a poor stream. I would welcome my original problem!!!"

old man at 83 January 30, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I have been taking this drug for 6 weeks have still have leakage"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Since beginning of about December I have been getting up about 8 or 9 times a night to urinate (i.e increased frequency from about 5 times a night that it had been previously for several years). I have been on this drug for 3 weeks and no improvement (i.e. no reduction in frequency of urination). Hard to get an answer from my urologist of what to do now. Hard for me to believe that continuing to take it will help. Any thoughts?"

old75 January 22, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence "I started taking this drug about a month ago. It seemed effective at first but now it is not working."

holditin January 7, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I may have only taken 1 dose of this medication but can not do the side effects. I couldn't sleep, it made my Restless Leg start up even thou I am on great medication for my RLS. The nausea, vomiting and awful taste in my mouth was so wrong that I refuse to take another. I was on Oxybutmin but after years of being on that it quit working so was put on Myrbetriq. Do not recommend this drug."

Cidpawn (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "I have tried all the D drugs for urge incontinence. This was supposed to be the new miracle drug. Not only did it cost a criminal amount, it didn't work. I still had to wear pads, and still was getting up 2-3 times during the night. I see only a very slight difference not taking anything. The worst thing though is I have been left with side effects. I took it only 3 months and stopped because my nose dripped ALL the time and I became hoarse because of the post-nasal drip. Now, three months after my last dose, my nose is still dripping. I don't have allergies and this is a problem that started with the drug."

swampmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "I was in constant pain caused by OAB spasms causing friction on bladder walls. Three days on this med almost completely stopped my pain. A month later, still nearly pain free but having frequent, daily headaches and calf cramps nearly every night (even with potassium supplements). Love the medication, not enjoying the stress effects."

Heather7940 December 1, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "This is the only prescription that has ever helped. The doctor gave me free samples, but now I can't afford to keep taking it. I have good insurance but it's still a $197 per month co-pay!"

Star44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "I was on this for a month. Loved it. My symptoms went away immediately. Then after the sample dosage ran out my insurance refused to cover it. Tried other meds but none have worked. Would love to keep taking this but can't afford without insurance."

Lovedit October 18, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "Did help with bladder control but stopped due to side effects - symptoms of common cold, aching, chills, mild diarrhea."

MamaZita (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "I used to wake up every two hours or less during the night having to go to the bathroom (urinate). After taking myrbetriq, I now only wake up once. I get a better nights sleep. However it is very expensive."

Spinnaker Joe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "This is the worst commercial on TV. The music sucks, the band sucks and the acting sucks. I literally have to turn the volume off whenever this stupid commercial comes on. It is one of the most annoying commercials I have ever experienced. Please consider a remake and get rid of that awful music and band. PLEASE!!!!!"

annoyed TOTEARS September 21, 2017

For Urinary Incontinence "This actually made things worse. Before two light pads a day now five or more. What a joke. Nausea and diarrhea. Not worth it"

Laylamarie September 15, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "After awakening and emptying a completely full bladder on myself and the floor, I called my doctor for help. Myrbetric was prescribed and has worked wonders. Having insurance that wouldn't cover this, I'm unfortunately having to try a different route. :("

High & Dry (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "No bad effects. Virtually no effects at all. Disappointed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2017