User Reviews for Ditropan

Ditropan has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 30 ratings on Drugs.com. 27% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 46% reported a negative effect.

Urinary Frequency
3.9
Urinary Incontinence
Dysuria
5.5
Summary of Ditropan reviews 4.4 30 reviews

Reviews for Ditropan

Dins · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “Was on them for almost 3 years. I had had my gall bladder removed 2 months beforehand. I then started taking Ditropan and got dry mouth, dry nose. I then started getting spasmodic stomach pains, nausea, occasional sickness, bloating and constipation. At its worst I had two admissions to hospital by ambulance and was put on a morphine drip. I saw my GP, I was referred to gastroenterologist and then on to a specialist. I had a scan, MRI scan and endoscopy as the medical “experts” thought it was gall bladder debris. Each time I asked if it could be any of the medication I was taking. Answer : No. I was concerned that this drug could be linked with dementia. Reading up on the side effects all my symptoms I was experiencing were exactly the same as listed. Since coming off these tablets the symptoms have stopped and I’ve taken great pleasure in informing the medics of the cessation of these symptoms.”

Female 49yo · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 21, 2013

For Urinary Frequency: “It definitely helps with "urgency" - I can now hang on for a while (up to an hour), whereas before I had to go immediately. My main concern with it is a feeling of vagueness and slight difficulty focusing mentally, starting around an hour after I take it and lasting 2-3 hours. It seems to be increasing. I am concerned enough about this that I am considering stopping Ditropan. Another side effect is a dry mouth. I need to have frequent sips of water, and the dryness wakes me up 2-3 times a night.”

Auntie NeNe · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “Been taking 10mg twice a day for two weeks. Not only is my mouth dry but my taste buds are distorted. Foods don't taste as they should and certain areas of my tongue is sore. Anyone else have this tongue/ taste bud problem?”

whenne September 29, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “I got put on Ditropan for over active bladder. I had bladder pain a lot too. It helped with not having to have to go pee all the time. The side effect would give me actual contraction as if I was in the early stages of labor. And my back next to my kidneys would be so painful, it would radiate to my stomach. the pain was extreme. I went to the hospital to get checked out. Luckily I was fine nothing was a wrong. I had to stop taking the medicine”

Shay · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2019

For Dysuria: “This drug ruined my life. I was on a five day course of 15 mg. An hour later after taking this medication, I experienced an unusual taste in the mouth (metallic/bitter), foods tasted distorted, (phantageusia) and now my tongue burns. I stopped taking the medication right after these side effects and here I am now with lingering side effects since April 2018. These doctors never go into the side effects in depth but only the common side effects. After telling my doctor about thus side effect, he acted like I was crazy. Never thought something like this could happen”

Bob-O · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “After my prostate was removed, I had constant "dribbling" problems and had to wear an adult diaper. After 1 month the ditropan stopped the dribbling but I do have a bit of a problem initiating a flow, especially when my bladder is not full.”

Simdiva · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2016

For Urinary Frequency: “Medicine made me feel very ill, nausea, extreme drowsiness, slept twelve hours after just two doses. Had difficulty swallowing and it felt like their were sticks in my throat. The drug did not seem to work that well but stopped taking due to the side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “Took for 2 weeks... discontinued because my throat and sinuses were so dry I was having trouble breathing. Plus, it didn't help with frequency...in fact, it seemed to lessen the time between urges. It has been over a week and I'm just starting to feel normal with my breathing!”

Anonymous April 11, 2012

For Urinary Frequency: “Using for bladder problems (inflexible bladder muscles). Lengthens the time between needing to go and stops the spasms while trying to hold on. Only the maximum dose really does much. Makes me drowsy and makes my mouth so dry it gets sore. It's better than nothing at all.”

Nonetheless July 29, 2017

For Urinary Incontinence: “I took 1 pill for a number of years and it worked great! I thought it was a miracle. As years went on, I had to increase to 2 pills. Again it worked great for a long but now I am having the bladder spasms again. Guess I built up a tolerance to it”

Anonymous February 26, 2012

For Urinary Incontinence: “My son is 11 years old. He has had urinary incontinence all his life and a doctor at children's hospital in Cincinnati Ohio found this problem. He is having him try oxybutynin cl ER 5 mg and there is no more running and not making it. He has had a little dry mouth but not complaining. Thank you for this new medicine.”

Optional December 15, 2010

For Urinary Incontinence: “It didn't work for my incontinence problem (which occurred after laser TURP), and I think it made it worse. It caused me to have a dry mouth, which caused me to drink more, which caused more incontinence. I told the doctor that I wasn't having bladder spasms, but he ignored what I said and said to give it a try and come back in 30 days. ”

ARrrrr February 1, 2016

For Urinary Frequency: “Started using ditropan (5mg) 3 days ago. On day one I took it with breakfast and noticed that post-shower while drying my hair (and straightening) it I didn't have a bead of sweat in sight! This dosage and medicine type has definitely kept me dry all-day long since then. I do however still sweat quite a bit at the gym but once I am done exercising I am no longer sweating at all (I would usually sweat quite a bit after the gym). I am giving it an 8/10 because it seems to wear off near the end of the day but I may just need to up the dosage a tiny bit.”

concerned brother · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

For Dysuria: “when my sister was almost 7 years old she was prescribed a 14 day supply of the liquid version of ditropan. she was complaining about pain during urination and after a urine test at the doctors it was decided that ditropan would be the best treatment. the liquid version of ditropan she had was raspberry flavored. when on the medication caution needs to be used during exercise, hot weather, and other activities. ditropan may also cause nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dry mouth , and blurred vision.”

SuzyQ · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “My overactive bladder was so bad that I had to use large nighttime bladder pads when I went out. After taking this medication I can go out with confidence with no pads at all.”

anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 30, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I got a very dry mouth from oxybutynin, my gums were terrible and sexual dysfunction on 5mg. It did help with night time nocturia. My side effects were ok on 2.5 mg but doesn't help bladder as much.”

Cobbscout · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 21, 2013

For Urinary Incontinence: “Pill is soft and easily broken in half. I do better taking half in the morning and half in the evening otherwise I get a dry mouth.”

Anonymous February 10, 2010

For Urinary Incontinence: “I have Parkinson's and a prostatectomy. This medicine didn't relieve the frequent nighttime urination and caused negative mood changes (upset, anger) with swollen ankles and esophageal blockage.”

Slyv December 17, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “Been on the tablet a week. Only for night. First three night excellent. But the last two nights I have almost gone back to the way I was. I feel very disappointed.”

Anonymous November 23, 2009

For Urinary Frequency: “This medicine is supposed to stop urinary leakage but that is not working for me. I rate it 2 out of 10 because it seems to help a little bit.”

Yainie · Taken for 10 years or more January 6, 2021

For Urinary Incontinence: “Worst experience ever. Have been taking Ditropan for 25 years. Had terrible thirst at night and abdominal pain whereby I collapsed. No other reason found by doctor.”

red1977 · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2015

For Urinary Frequency: “Gave me terrible urinary retention and the worse migraine ever”

southernbell29 · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2012

For Urinary Frequency: “It doesn't seem to work for me I still have urgency problems and my bladder still feels like its not relaxing at all.”

Anonymous May 26, 2011

For Urinary Frequency: “Ditropan caused blurred vision and dry mouth and did not relieve frequent urination.”

Anonymous October 19, 2010

For Urinary Frequency: “Gave me constipation and bloating - worse than the problem it was supposed to treat.”