User Reviews for Oxytrol

Learn more about Oxytrol.

Urinary Incontinence 12 reviews 49 medications

8.4
Overactive Bladder 39 reviews 22 medications

7.2
Summary of Oxytrol reviews 51 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Oxytrol

For Overactive Bladder "It helps but unfortunately all Walmarts in Reno Nv are constantly out of stock. I went to a pharmacy thinking surly they must stock the product but I had no luck. The pharmacist had no I deal what this product was. I felt like the pharmacist thought I was asking for OxyContin. I wish they would change the name and stock the store better with this product. What a shame now I will have to depend on a physician for a perscription. This product only helps for the first two days not for four days as advertised."

Saboo August 5, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "These definintely work. Day one I saw relief with the gotta go right now feeling, frequency and leakage. The downside is the patches rarely last four days, usually 36 hours to 48 hours, which makes them very expensive. They are itchy and cause redness where the patch is placed. The edges collect lint from your clothes which make the patch look dirty. They constantly get caught on your clothing and pull your skin. As they dry up, they begin to sound "crinkly" which could be embarrassing. The drying up can occur as soon as 24 hours. They are also not clear and discreet. The background is clear but there are 10 logos printed across each patch. Very sexy."

Oxytrol (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Works but I have the lining of the patch still and it looks like a scar! It's been 3 weeks and it still hasn't gone away!"

Abc123$%*- July 7, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I have overactive bladder & Incontinence really bad for being in my late 30's. I never thought a single patch for 24 hours could even function for my disfunctional bladder. I put it on for the first time after I showered before bed, waking up I didn't feel as full and didn't have to rush to the bathroom. During the day no leakage at all when I walk and no urge. I feel normal again. All I know whoever invented this is genius cause it is so nice to not wear pads, but please just reduce the price a bit."

ClaraKelly May 18, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Great product I have been on other drugs that gave me back side effects-rash, itching, dry mouth, constipation, headache, dizziness, back pain, etc. I urinate on average 20-40 times a day every approx 15-20 minutes, after using the patch I went as long as 2 hours without using restroom. my skin is irritated and red but better than spending my whole day in the bathroom. I cant believe my doctor didn't put me on this over the counter drug first before spending hundreds of dollars on prescription medications. I have suffered for over 30 yrs with the issue of urgency and frequency this is a miracle for me. Praise the LORD"

Nee Nee #1 March 3, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "I absolutely love this patch! Thank you for putting it back on the shelves! I am only 45, and had trouble since my hysterectomy several years ago. In fact I was wearing a diaper to bed,not too sexy I admit! These patches are awesome and have given me back my life! They do get less sticky in the shower but I just face my body the other way, the stickies come off with no problem with goo gone or baby oil. Well worth it!"

Sapphire70 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "These patches have changed my life. Tired of wearing maxi pads that didn't do the job. Within 24 hours these things worked. Couldn't believe it. I'm stockpiling them, since I'm having trouble find them for some reason. I'm going to be SO unhappy if I can't find them."

Bessie55 November 9, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Oxytrol gave me a life without looking for the closest bathroom in s panic. I can now control my urge long enough to get to a bathroom. Only problem is it's hard to find. No longer on shelves at stores."

Nancy D-J (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "Have been on Oxytrol for several years now and found it to work very well for me. Now I find that none of the retailers, in my area of Texas, are carrying it any more. Anyone know why? To the question of whether or not did my insurance cover this drug, it is an OTC, no insurance required."

txgee October 15, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I am on my first patch and though the patch stays on it is irritating on the skin. It really does work."

Apple girl September 22, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "When the urge hit I had to go right then. I was a slave to pads. Not very sexy. I had an innerstem put in but it did not help. The mess prescribed did not work either. The only thing that literally freed me from pads is the patch. I did not have dry mouth. I can wait to go potty for 1 hour or longer now."

Nowdry September 20, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I think the patch worked better for me in the beginning. Less effective now. As far as the sticking I found it works best on my lower back area. You have to make sure there is no lotion or soap where you apply and then hold your hand over the patch for at least 15 sec. to make sure it adheres. The heat of your hand activiates the adhesive. Didn't work on my abdomen, caused severe itching but not on my backside. My local Walmart is out of stock. I am going to try eBay."

Bijoux10 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I've been on the patch for almost 24 hours now. the only issue i am having is bad stomach cramps along with diarrhea so hopefully that stops in the next few days. I don't want to get my hopes up just yet but I have noticed that the urgency & frequency has decreased for me."

Dria' (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "The patch worked but the extreme dry mouth side effect was unbearable! In fact, 8 months after not using the patch anymore I still struggle with dry mouth! When does it go away?"

mary4589 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "I recently started using the patch. I have had to wear a pad everyday prior to using it. I'm only on day 6, second patch, and I feel like my life has changed. I can walk, exercise, even sneeze and have no problem. I was concerned about the adhesive because I have allergies and sensitive skin, but I haven't had an issue. I place the patch on my lower abdomen off to the side. I removed the excess adhesive with baby oil and q-tips. It came right off. I'll definitely keep using this product."

Drew352 November 3, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "I really love this product. I don't have the irritation from the patch like some people are having. I did find out that if you have a problem with the patch not sticking, clean the area with rubbing alcohol before placing the patch and that helps it to stick just fine. Maybe that would also help the ones with the irritation as well. Worth a try anyway. A little crinkling noise is worth dealing with compared to dealing with overactive bladder. Another small issue is I feel that one patch is not as effective."

Shortone7941 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "For me, it took two patches but on the fifth day, they really started working! I am 63 and have had trouble with overactive bladder for the past ten years, off and on. It gets worse depending on what I ingest food and medication wise. I am now in the bathroom every couple of hours instead of every half hour and always feeling the urge like I was. It's wonderful. Thanks for this product!"

skh4you (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "All my life I've had to deal with have an overactive bladder it made me to the point where I was 18 and still wetting the bad at night as well as leaking throughout the day. When I first tried this I saw a huge difference, I haven't had any of those problems except for when I keep it on longer than I should. At first my skin was a little irritated by the patch but now it's nothing and easy to take off. I spent 1 day without it on and it really showed me how important it is for me to have it, I felt dirty through out the day and had to pee all the time like always. I am so thankful for this patch it really has helped live with having an over active bladder."

Partygirl91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "I would love to give this medicine a 10. It works great for my overactive bladder, unfortunately the irritation and itching is unbearable and I have to end up changing the patch every couple of days. I am running out of places on my body because the irritation and itching lasts a lot longer than the patch. The medicine works great but can't get past the irritation from the patch."

FNE2008 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "I tried the Oxytrol patch and liked the effect on helping my overactive bladder, but it irritated my skin and caused such itching I couldn't continue it. I tried placing the patch in a variety of places to no avail. I see on this site that it seems to be a common occurrence. "

Just me? (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "The patch worked. However the itching and inflamed skin was not tolerable. I wish I could bear it just to be relieved of the overactive bladder. I thought I would have a normal life. Now trying Toviaz."

Carmen ann January 19, 2014

For Urinary Incontinence "I have over active bladder and uncontrolable go! I bought Oxytrol over the counter two days after it became available without a prescription. It works so great immediately and is just amazing! A real miracle! They do have to do something to improve the patch. I move it around to avoid the red irritation. It doesn't stay on well. It's too crinkley and doesn't stick well. It comes loose when I bend, when my clothes rub, and in the shower. It needs to be softer like a blister band-aid or even plain old band-aid; a more rubber or fabric type patch. I love it but it feels like a waste of money when it won't stay on. I would give it a 10 if it was softer and stayed on!"

Kiki n Milo January 11, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I am 19 years old and started using this patch. I had surgery to stretch my bladder a year ago (apparently my bladder quit growing at a young age). Before, I had to go to the bathroom every hour and a half and the surgery was only a temporary fix from this. This patch worked wonders! Not only do I go less, but I can also hold it in for a lot longer!"

:-) (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "I get bad reaction to the adhesive. The redness stays for weeks and itches so bad. I clean the area with acetone to remove the adhesive residue and then clean it with alcohol. Hope you guys will create one for sensitive adhesive like sensitive bandage. The product helps with overactive bladder I just hope the itch and redness will go away. Been using this patch for a month."

Grace simp January 2, 2014

For Urinary Incontinence "I am 23 years old and dealing with a couple types of incontinence. Before I talked to my doctor about it I came across these in my grocery store. I bought them on a whim and tried them out. It works really well, no more leaking or stress incontinence. Within 12 hours I was no longer running to the bathroom. The only side effect I have is some constipation. A change in diet and laxatives seem to help. The patch is rather uncomfortable at times but I'm still experimenting with placement. I change it every 4 or 5 days because the adhesive comes off after a while, usually in the shower. I'd like to see a better material but I'm content for now. It's a lot better than taking a pill every day."

Detroit Anonymous December 3, 2013