User Reviews for Oxytrol

Learn more about Oxytrol.

Oxytrol Rating Summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 84 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence.

Reviews for Oxytrol to treat Urinary Incontinence

"I truly believe it works at stopping leakage. I thought I had found a miracle cure, but I seem to be allergic and can't take the burning redness and rash. I have gone through a couple of boxes because it works so well but six days after only a 24 hour use I still have a terrible itchy red rash. I will still consider using for special occasions. And I must agree it is expensive."

The Woman February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"These definintely work. Day one I saw relief with the gotta go right now feeling, frequency and leakage. The downside is the patches rarely last four days, usually 36 hours to 48 hours, which makes them very expensive. They are itchy and cause redness where the patch is placed. The edges collect lint from your clothes which make the patch look dirty. They constantly get caught on your clothing and pull your skin. As they dry up, they begin to sound "crinkly" which could be embarrassing. The drying up can occur as soon as 24 hours. They are also not clear and discreet. The background is clear but there are 10 logos printed across each patch. Very sexy."

Oxytrol (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have overactive bladder & Incontinence really bad for being in my late 30's. I never thought a single patch for 24 hours could even function for my disfunctional bladder. I put it on for the first time after I showered before bed, waking up I didn't feel as full and didn't have to rush to the bathroom. During the day no leakage at all when I walk and no urge. I feel normal again. All I know whoever invented this is genius cause it is so nice to not wear pads, but please just reduce the price a bit."

ClaraKelly May 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"These patches have changed my life. Tired of wearing maxi pads that didn't do the job. Within 24 hours these things worked. Couldn't believe it. I'm stockpiling them, since I'm having trouble find them for some reason. I'm going to be SO unhappy if I can't find them."

Bessie55 November 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been on Oxytrol for several years now and found it to work very well for me. Now I find that none of the retailers, in my area of Texas, are carrying it any more. Anyone know why? To the question of whether or not did my insurance cover this drug, it is an OTC, no insurance required."

txgee October 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When the urge hit I had to go right then. I was a slave to pads. Not very sexy. I had an innerstem put in but it did not help. The mess prescribed did not work either. The only thing that literally freed me from pads is the patch. I did not have dry mouth. I can wait to go potty for 1 hour or longer now."

Nowdry September 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I recently started using the patch. I have had to wear a pad everyday prior to using it. I'm only on day 6, second patch, and I feel like my life has changed. I can walk, exercise, even sneeze and have no problem. I was concerned about the adhesive because I have allergies and sensitive skin, but I haven't had an issue. I place the patch on my lower abdomen off to the side. I removed the excess adhesive with baby oil and q-tips. It came right off. I'll definitely keep using this product."

Drew352 November 3, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have over active bladder and uncontrolable go! I bought Oxytrol over the counter two days after it became available without a prescription. It works so great immediately and is just amazing! A real miracle! They do have to do something to improve the patch. I move it around to avoid the red irritation. It doesn't stay on well. It's too crinkley and doesn't stick well. It comes loose when I bend, when my clothes rub, and in the shower. It needs to be softer like a blister band-aid or even plain old band-aid; a more rubber or fabric type patch. I love it but it feels like a waste of money when it won't stay on. I would give it a 10 if it was softer and stayed on!"

Kiki n Milo January 11, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 23 years old and dealing with a couple types of incontinence. Before I talked to my doctor about it I came across these in my grocery store. I bought them on a whim and tried them out. It works really well, no more leaking or stress incontinence. Within 12 hours I was no longer running to the bathroom. The only side effect I have is some constipation. A change in diet and laxatives seem to help. The patch is rather uncomfortable at times but I'm still experimenting with placement. I change it every 4 or 5 days because the adhesive comes off after a while, usually in the shower. I'd like to see a better material but I'm content for now. It's a lot better than taking a pill every day."

Detroit Anonymous December 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The oxytrol patch is a life changer for me. I was up to the highest poise product short of a brief and keeping extra clothes at work. I am 57. I woke up the first morning after applying the patch the evening before and knew this was the answer for me. I was able to calmly WALK to the bathroom, only feeling a slight bladder fullness, and not the desperate 'its to late' urgency. All day now I can walk calmly to the bathroom, and only feel the slight bladder fullness when needing to go. i can't remember feeling this way in a long, long time. I have not had a single 'leak' or urgency feeling while wearing the patch. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you."

So Pleased (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Never took medication for this problem. Relied on Depends . So far no side effects. - I am on my 6th. patch. Just hope they continue to work ."

octegenarian (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just started and it feels good so far will see tomorrow."

j.m. (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It didn't work for me. I was disappointed since I like the idea of a patch."

Anonymous May 28, 2009