User Reviews for Azo-Standard

Azo-Standard has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings on Drugs.com. 63% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Dysuria
7.4
Interstitial Cystitis
9.1
Summary of Azo-Standard reviews 8.2 15 reviews

Reviews for Azo-Standard

Cathy October 3, 2018

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I have used this medicine for flare ups, it helps a lot for the symptoms of ic. I was wondering if anyone else gets a very dry mouth and extremely bad muscle spasms in your feet and legs. The spasms pretty bad at night and I only get them when I take this medicine.”

BJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2018

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I have suffered with IC for over 11 years. This over the counter medicine has given me temporary relief like no other. Easy to find, reasonably priced. When the urgent care clinics and the emergency rooms can only treat the pain temporarily with major side effects. Azo does much better with no wait, major adverse effects, and turmoil. It is definitely a Godsend! It won't cure, but while you are waiting for treatment, it definitely provides calming results that are so welcomed. Wonderful product!”

Tokyo · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

For Dysuria: “Man , this does nothing for me but turn my urine ORANGE . It made my stomach hurt extremely bad . Like , it made a knot in my stomach where I couldn’t move . I had a heat flash and all . It was horrible . Seriously”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more November 24, 2014

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I have used this for years off and on during flare ups of IC. Besides making my urine a 1970's throwback color of orange, over the past year or two AZO Standard has upset my stomach. Not enough of a problem to do without it, but enough to avoid food. It does work to rid me of the urgency and burning sensation. .”

yessy February 29, 2012

For Interstitial Cystitis: “This product is a God send. It helps so much with my interstitial cystitis symptoms. But I have noticed that if I use it very frequently that my unine starts to smell really bad. Which concerns me s bit.”

KMarak59 · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2017

For Dysuria: “I've always had good luck using this for bladderpain...although I read where the active ingredient phenazopyridine HCl. Has been found to cause intestinal cancer in laboratory rats and liver cancer in lab mice...this is concerning to me and should very well be to all. Just an FYI.”

ChristyJames July 12, 2013

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I use Azo-Standard whenever I have issues with antibiotics or other medications that leave me with a feeling of frequency and/or generalized discomfort. Azo-Standard has always helped greatly, especially at night or anytime I have to sit for long periods which can usually lead to pain and discomfort.”

Anonymous December 5, 2014

For Dysuria: “This medicine is a God send! I'm 20/F 140lbs and I frequently have pain at the very bottom of my urethra which Azo soothes every time. However it makes me quite nauseous if I don't take it right after eating and it makes my mouth taste strange and chemical-y. If you are considering taking this, make sure you stock up on black panties (or jammies) as it will stain everything.”

AZO Relieved April 22, 2013

For Dysuria: “I found this to be incredibly helpful. I developed a urinary tract infection on a Friday night and had to go to work an hour later. Within an hour of taking AZO, I felt much more comfortable. It can make you feel dizzy. Therefore, I recommend taking the pill with a meal. My minor complaint would be that I found the time it took to kick in and wear off to vary greatly each time I took it. However, totally worth it. Warning: take an antibiotic when you can. AZO will make you feel better, but only temporarily.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2015

For Dysuria: “My pee is obviously orange. I wore panty liners to prevent staining. Relieved the urgency and burning sensation however after my second dose on both dose I had excruciating episodes of kidney pain. Like instantly dropping to the floor, Not being able to do anything but cry for five to ten minutes until it was over. Nausea and hot flashes also. It served it's purpose but was definitely uncomfortable.”

Anonymous April 14, 2011

For Dysuria: “Azo is an awesome product for urinary tract infections that come on all of a sudden. It's been a God send for me on two occasions. The first time I used it was a year ago when I had a bad burning sensation from a bubble bath product I was allergic to. Then recently I woke up on a Sunday with a terrible urinary tract infection. Without this product I would have been in screaming pain until I got to the doctor.”

Llaw September 25, 2016

For Dysuria: “This was recommended by my doctor to help with abdominal pain I was having because of a UTI. Every time I take this it increases the pain substantially for 30 minutes or more. After that the pain subsides though it's certainly not gone. Time to try some other pain killer.”

Anonymous February 21, 2012

“This medicine has helped me a number of times. I frequently get urinary tract infections and this makes me capable to work and do pretty much anything other than lay in pain. My only problem is that I wish there was a way to know when it's wearing off. Sometimes it lasts longer than others.”

Di · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2020

For Interstitial Cystitis: “Some exercises or standing for a long time aggravates my IC. Really painful. I tried Azo and got fast relief. Couldn’t believe it! So thankful!”

Julieblondie · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Interstitial Cystitis: “Azo-Standard works like it says”

Nanny Goat December 26, 2015

For Dysuria: “I have frequent upsodes of dysuria, either due to bacterial UTI or of unknown origin. Phenazopyridine (Azo) gives me rapid relief.”