User Reviews for Azo-Standard

Azo-Standard has an average rating of 8.3 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings on Drugs.com. 67% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 6% reported a negative experience.

Interstitial Cystitis
9.1
Dysuria
7.4

Reviews for Azo-Standard

Cathy · October 3, 2018

For Interstitial Cystitis "I have used this medicine for flare ups, it helps a lot for the symptoms of ic. I was wondering if anyone else gets a very dry mouth and extremely bad muscle spasms in your feet and legs. The spasms pretty bad at night and I only get them when I take this medicine."

BJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 20, 2018

For Interstitial Cystitis "I have suffered with IC for over 11 years. This over the counter medicine has given me temporary relief like no other. Easy to find, reasonably priced. When the urgent care clinics and the emergency rooms can only treat the pain temporarily with major side effects. Azo does much better with no wait, major adverse effects, and turmoil. It is definitely a Godsend! It won't cure, but while you are waiting for treatment, it definitely provides calming results that are so welcomed. Wonderful product!"

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more · November 24, 2014

For Interstitial Cystitis "I have used this for years off and on during flare ups of IC. Besides making my urine a 1970's throwback color of orange, over the past year or two AZO Standard has upset my stomach. Not enough of a problem to do without it, but enough to avoid food. It does work to rid me of the urgency and burning sensation. ."

yessy · February 29, 2012

For Interstitial Cystitis "This product is a God send. It helps so much with my interstitial cystitis symptoms. But I have noticed that if I use it very frequently that my unine starts to smell really bad. Which concerns me s bit."

Tokyo · Taken for less than 1 month · January 12, 2020

For Dysuria "Man , this does nothing for me but turn my urine ORANGE . It made my stomach hurt extremely bad . Like , it made a knot in my stomach where I couldn’t move . I had a heat flash and all . It was horrible . Seriously"

ChristyJames · July 12, 2013

For Interstitial Cystitis "I use Azo-Standard whenever I have issues with antibiotics or other medications that leave me with a feeling of frequency and/or generalized discomfort. Azo-Standard has always helped greatly, especially at night or anytime I have to sit for long periods which can usually lead to pain and discomfort."

KMarak59 · Taken for less than 1 month · January 27, 2017

For Dysuria "I've always had good luck using this for bladderpain...although I read where the active ingredient phenazopyridine HCl. Has been found to cause intestinal cancer in laboratory rats and liver cancer in lab mice...this is concerning to me and should very well be to all. Just an FYI."

Anonymous · December 5, 2014

For Dysuria "This medicine is a God send! I'm 20/F 140lbs and I frequently have pain at the very bottom of my urethra which Azo soothes every time. However it makes me quite nauseous if I don't take it right after eating and it makes my mouth taste strange and chemical-y. If you are considering taking this, make sure you stock up on black panties (or jammies) as it will stain everything."

AZO Relieved · April 22, 2013

For Dysuria "I found this to be incredibly helpful. I developed a urinary tract infection on a Friday night and had to go to work an hour later. Within an hour of taking AZO, I felt much more comfortable. It can make you feel dizzy. Therefore, I recommend taking the pill with a meal. My minor complaint would be that I found the time it took to kick in and wear off to vary greatly each time I took it. However, totally worth it. Warning: take an antibiotic when you can. AZO will make you feel better, but only temporarily."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · August 8, 2015

For Dysuria "My pee is obviously orange. I wore panty liners to prevent staining. Relieved the urgency and burning sensation however after my second dose on both dose I had excruciating episodes of kidney pain. Like instantly dropping to the floor, Not being able to do anything but cry for five to ten minutes until it was over. Nausea and hot flashes also. It served it's purpose but was definitely uncomfortable."

Anonymous · April 14, 2011

For Dysuria "Azo is an awesome product for urinary tract infections that come on all of a sudden. It's been a God send for me on two occasions. The first time I used it was a year ago when I had a bad burning sensation from a bubble bath product I was allergic to. Then recently I woke up on a Sunday with a terrible urinary tract infection. Without this product I would have been in screaming pain until I got to the doctor."

Llaw · September 25, 2016

For Dysuria "This was recommended by my doctor to help with abdominal pain I was having because of a UTI. Every time I take this it increases the pain substantially for 30 minutes or more. After that the pain subsides though it's certainly not gone. Time to try some other pain killer."

Spicypee · Taken for 2 to 5 years · November 12, 2021

For Interstitial Cystitis "This is a godsend for episodes of intense bladder pain that come with my interstitial cystitis. It takes about an hour to work, but once it kicks in, it kicks butt. The downside is if I take this on an empty stomach, I throw up. Also, anything this pill comes into contact with becomes dark orange, and once it’s in my body, all my body fluids are dark orange too. Even tears and sweat have a color to them."

Toby Ann · Taken for 10 years or more · July 17, 2022

For Interstitial Cystitis "I have had Interstitial Cystitis (IC) for decades now. Soon after diagnosis, I was I terrible shape and severe pain all the time. I went to a GYN who specialized in IC and had DMSO treatments. They helped tremendously. I also started to do treatments at home. It is difficult to do by yourself but helps to ease the pain! After that period, it was trial and error on meds and foods and I ended up taking Vesicare (generic form). Try to manage citrus, spicy, and particularly tomatoes but I love them. I adore fresh summer tomatoes and Italian food. I pay the price when I eat them too close together or too much but AZO saves the day when I start burning! Nothing like those little red pills and you can get them OTC. Now, the main problem I have is bladder control; more specifically, no bladder control. The urge comes suddenly and many times I don’t make it Looking for answers."

Anonymous · February 21, 2012

"This medicine has helped me a number of times. I frequently get urinary tract infections and this makes me capable to work and do pretty much anything other than lay in pain. My only problem is that I wish there was a way to know when it's wearing off. Sometimes it lasts longer than others."

Cally · Taken for 2 to 5 years · August 6, 2022

For Interstitial Cystitis "I have gotten pretty good at avoiding trigger foods and drinks, but I still experience IC flare ups every couple of months. When I do get flare ups, they are pretty horrendous. AZO does not completely take the discomfort and pain away for a severe flare up, but I can function enough to not have to put my daily life on hold. It helps enough for me to be able to sleep, and drive in the car for much longer than a short 20 minutes. When I first got diagnosed, I was experiencing much milder flare up for extended periods of time- during those mild to moderate flare ups, AZO just about completely masked my symptoms. Orange urine is a very small price to pay for the amount times these pills have saved me!"

Di · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 24, 2020

For Interstitial Cystitis "Some exercises or standing for a long time aggravates my IC. Really painful. I tried Azo and got fast relief. Couldn’t believe it! So thankful!"

Julieblondie · Taken for less than 1 month · March 25, 2020

For Interstitial Cystitis "Azo-Standard works like it says"

Nanny Goat · December 26, 2015

For Dysuria "I have frequent upsodes of dysuria, either due to bacterial UTI or of unknown origin. Phenazopyridine (Azo) gives me rapid relief."

rocky · Taken for less than 1 month · December 27, 2021

For Interstitial Cystitis "I am a 80 year male that developed IC from taking Hiprex which is supposed to prevent UtI's. I used azo-standard for only two days and had to stop. My dysuria never improved."