User Reviews for Azo Urinary Pain Relief

Azo Urinary Pain Relief has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings on Drugs.com. 33% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Interstitial Cystitis
4.3
Dysuria
3.5
Summary of Azo Urinary Pain Relief reviews 4.0 11 reviews

Reviews for Azo Urinary Pain Relief

p3Obleo May 29, 2020

For Interstitial Cystitis: “60 yr. old female with Severe Autoimmune Interstitital Cystitis. After 2 years, many Dr.'s, urologists failed to properly diagnose. I got down to 86 lbs., that's adult size 0 jeans! Couldn't eat. Finally diagnosed sent to Urologist who did a cystoscopy, confirming severe autoimmune IC. Started bladder instillations of heperan, lidocaine & Elmiron, once a week for about 18 months, until my bladder just couldn't stand to be cathed one more time. This was before CDC's Opioid Prescribing Guidelines, & the mass hysteria which cut meds to legit chronic pain patients. AZO MAX reduces spasms & burning somewhat. Tried Elmiron, did nothing may cause eye problems & $$$$! Uribel, now unaffordable. Botox injections helped frequency issues, would recommend. Daily pain unbearable! Quality of life w/o pain meds is minus 5-8. Had to go on disability.”

CC Cat · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 13, 2020

“I have been taking Azo Urinary Pain Relief for about 3 months now and it changed my life! I use to go to the bathroom probably every 30 mins. My sleep was interrupted 5 to 6 times s night. Love AZO... THANK YOU AZO!!!!!!”

MurphyGal · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2020

“Three weeks ago I had a marble size kidney stone removed via laser lithotripsy and they placed a stent. The pain was awful!! I would rather go through natural childbirth again versus what I have had to endure! The pain with the stent was almost as bad as the pain with the stone. It impacted my ability to work it was horrible. My best friend recommended AZO to me. My son went to the store but bought the wrong medication. While at work today after the stent was removed yesterday. I was in and out of the bathroom every few minutes. I sent a text to my bestie and she actually went to the store and got me the maximum strength. What a relief!! Pain gone in about 20 minutes! I was able to finish my work day. After taking narcotics that barely touched the pain it was a miracle! I am keeping this in my purse! It’s a wonder pill!”

bertagale · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 17, 2016

For Interstitial Cystitis: “When my IC flares up (like it did last night when I drank a huge glass of orange juice--big mistake) and I can't sleep because of that horrible ache, one dose of this stuff works for me. I get the maximum strength OTC generic from CVS (Walgreen's has one, too) but even if you have to pay full price for the brand name, it is worth it. I'm so glad I found this drug. I do have a box of thin maxi-pads left over from when I had periods, and since I'm at that age where I leak a bit, I wear these to keep my underwear and bed sheets from turning psychedelic orange.”

Ar Be · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 6, 2018

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I have dealing with IC for 7 years. My urologist said to take AZO. Problem, I have discovered that when I take AZO, it makes my pain and frequency twice to 3 times worse. On a scale on 1 to 10, I rate this product a 1.”

Ouch August 30, 2020

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I’ve used this product Azo Urinary Pain Relief for UTI pain years ago and thought it helped so I tried it again when a UTI occurred again 2 years later. I cannot say if this product caused this reaction, but I got pale and very close to passing out about an hour after taking 2 tablets. The infection was being treated and I can think of no other cause for this very scary experience. I ended up at the hospital. Oddly my low blood pressure was super high and I don’t think nervousness alone could cause an increase from normal 110/70 to 160/139. So use caution with this. I know I’ll never try it again!”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2018

For Dysuria: “Being susceptible to UTI’s this medication definitely helps when I’m not able to get to my doctors. I’m currently on vacation and was up every hour last night. I ran to CVS and was feeling better in no time.”

ARCnAZ July 24, 2015

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I was having extreme pain, everyone said to get all the AZO bladder med stuff, but I also got this one. Turned out it was the only one that worked!!! But, it only lasted short-term and I had a severe case. It's a "until you get to the doctor" med. If you're resorting to these, you've got doctor worthy problems.”

Marisina · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2017

For Dysuria: “I took the drug and followed Dr.'s instructions. First day I began to have uneasy stomach, and the following day, I vomited food and pill. After four days stopping taking the pill, I'm still having an uneasy stomach. I have had also leg cramps at night. This medicine in not for me.”

Mimi November 7, 2020

For Dysuria: “I have been taking this product for a day and I feel nauseous all the time. I threw up twice because of it, I would not recommend it. I wasn’t feeling like this before I started taking Azo, and I know I threw up because of it because my vomit was orange just like my pee.”

May August 22, 2020

For Dysuria: “I was experiencing frequent urination and fatigue. I took Azo the max strength. I took it one day. The next day I was in terrible pain in my lower abdomen. I went to the doctor and found out I had inflammation in my lower intestines.”

Sunshine January 12, 2019

For Interstitial Cystitis: “Almost died. My oxygen levels got so low I was blue. I lost days literally....I was so incoherent and blue weak.”

nantsyb3 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2014

For Interstitial Cystitis: “This works for me for bladder infections, but not for my IBC at all.”