User Reviews for Pyridium

Pyridium has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 31 ratings on Drugs.com. 65% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 26% reported a negative effect.

Dysuria
6.6
Interstitial Cystitis
8.2
Summary of Pyridium reviews 7.1 31 reviews

Reviews for Pyridium

Steph · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 18, 2021

For Interstitial Cystitis: “After struggling for 1.5 years with pain & urgency, Pyridium is the only medication that helps me 100%. My flare ups have gotten worse & worse and sometimes I have to take up to 600mg, but it always relieves my pain. I will always recommend it & make sure you take Pyridium with food!!! I am forever grateful that this medication exists & that I am able to use access it.”

AJ · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2021

For Dysuria: “Ooooooomg! What a MIRACLE! I’ve never had a UTI before and I spent days googling my symptoms and convinced myself I had some sort of endometrial cancer. Don’t do internet searches on symptoms. Ever. I was in bad shape. The urgency was the worst. About an hour after I took it, it felt like something was inside my bladder giving it a big hug. Pain went away, urine stopped leaking, and I felt like myself again after 5 days or torture. Was also put on Macrobid for the infection but it was this stuff that made me feel well again. No bad side affects at all! And I’ll take the orange urine, toilet stains and I just used a panty liner to protect my underwear. Bladder spasms are the worst part of a UTI and this was my first so I was convinced I had something terminal lol. I would love to give the investor of this amazing drug a huge hug! Oh and it was like $3.”

CaMaJa · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2013

For Dysuria: “It has helped a lot. Does turn my urine a neon orange. I had taken it before now about 3 years ago without any other side effects besides neon Orange urine, but this time my vision went very blurry, very quickly and scared me a lot. Then I started reading other people's reviews on it and now I understand its normal and nothing for me to freak out over. This is a great medicine either way.”

winniepin88 August 30, 2013

For Dysuria: “Took this for pain relief for a urinary tract infection - took about an hour and a half to kick in for my first pill but after that I took it every 4 1/2 hrs because I had bad pressure and burning that kept coming back. Usually I have no symptoms on this but more recently when I took it I have had nausea, blurred vision, really bad sweats. But nothing serious that would make me stop taking the pill.”

Winnie Pin August 29, 2013

For Dysuria: “I took Pyridium for my urinary tract infection. I have taken this medication many times and it works WONDERS. Takes away that uncomfy pressure and burning sensation. When I take it, it takes about 45 - 1 hr to kick in initially and then depending how bad my urinary tract infection is I take it every 4 hours. Usually I get no symptoms however this time taking it I do, I have gotten blurred vision, bad drowsiness, cold sweats and hot flashes, BUT they are all manageable!”

Anonymous April 10, 2012

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I have to take Pyridium. Have been taking it for many years. My urologist says I don't have Interstitial Cystitis but my bladder started burning in 1992 and hasn't stopped, so it may be urogenic bladder. Pyridium does seem to make me drowsy and I itch a lot. But not sure if the Pyridium causes it as I'm on many other medications. It does help the burning of my bladder.”

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

For Dysuria: “Was in so much pain and the need to urinate was SO strong for hours. Took pyridium and like 1.5 hours later I felt WORLDS better! I would have given it a 10 if it worked a bit faster, but seriously, I was miserable and it helped so much!”

ooohyeah99 February 8, 2012

For Dysuria: “This is a magical medicine! Had a very bad bladder infection and couldn't get out of the bathroom! After 2 doses I had COMPLETE relief! Turns your urine highlighter orange but it's so worth it! I don't know how I ever got through a urinary tract infection without it!”

Detroiter767 November 29, 2015

For Interstitial Cystitis: “This did nothing for the cramping and pain. In fact, I had horrible GI gas and stomach issues while taking it. I thought I had a stomach virus but when I stopped the Pyridium, the stomach distress went away.”

Me23255 February 3, 2018

For Dysuria: “Many years ago I was prescribed Pyridium for UTI. I took one tablet. What I experienced was not a allergic reaction. I am a nurse and honestly the only way I can describe what happened is ‘every cell in my entire body wanted Pyridium OUT!’ Like Kryptonite to Superman, I honestly believe if I ever took it again I would die. It was the worst thing I have ever experienced. Even handling Pyridium makes me nervous. It has been over 25 years ago.”

beenthere123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2013

For Dysuria: “I have interstitial cystitis and also just finished a Z Pack for a sinus infection. I got a yeast infection and was in desperate pain, extreme burning , swelling etc. I took a 200mg Pyridium pill and cut in half, as I remember how nauseated it had formerly made me. I weigh 110lbs and I am sensitive to most medicines, so I like to start smaller. I suggest you take it with food as it says that it doesn't interfere with the affect it has. Will make your urine bright orange, so watch your white clothes.”

JimCMaleUTI August 18, 2016

For Dysuria: “I'm a man with UTI which is much less common than in women. My Dr. tells me that my case is fairly bad and seems surprised that I didn't complain more about the considerable pain while urinating. He prescribed antibiotics to heal the infection and this drug to help with pain and urgent feeling of needing to go. I experienced gut wrenching nearly vomit inducing pain while urinating on this medicine while prior to dosage I was experiencing discomfort to start urine flow but manageable pain that subsided when ending urination. The primary difference with this medication seemed to be more severe pain and less ability to stop it than before I was using the drug. I'll NEVER take another dosage again. Really, really rough for me.”

Efgigjdkd October 13, 2016

For Dysuria: “I've been having UTIs for 7 years, my most recent one has lasted 24 days so far. Because of this I went to the doctor and they prescribed me pyridium twice a day. I was very hopeful but unfortunately it didn't work. The burning while urinating is still there and I've been on it for three days so far. Also discomfort all hours of the day down there. It may work well for others but my body doesn't accept it, it did nothing. Going to the doctor was useless, go straight to the urologist”

Jeaniebaby · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2016

For Dysuria: “I have ureter stents due to malignant pelvic tumors. I had burning pain at the end of my stream but after a few days on Cipro with no relief, a UTI was ruled out. My urologist put me on Pyridium and I felt better within hours. No side effects except that orange urine!”

kendall · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2018

For Dysuria: “I recently took pyridium for the first time and for me it’s a miracle drug! I recently suffered my first full blown UTI and it was extremely painful and uncomfortable. After one dose of pyridium, my symptoms have completely disappeared and I feel back to normal. I am also on an antibiotic to clear up the infection. It took about 3 hours to really start working but 14 hours later the relief is still there. And it’s cheap at the pharmacy. I would recommend anyone give it a try! My pain and urgency are gone and I’m so happy!”

BJ May 12, 2019

For Dysuria: “LOVE Pyridium! Nothing else works as well. It is a miracle drug. My kidney was in spasms intense pain from the stones and infection. This product worked like a wonder drug on the pain while the antibiotic did its work.”

alex12574477 February 9, 2016

For Dysuria: “As everyone knows kidney stones are very painful and very uncomfortable. My doctor prescribed me this medication to help to ease the pain. And it seriously works. I do not like taking pain medication, so I was pleased when I took this and it actually worked.”

CJ12354321 · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2015

For Dysuria: “Did some, not enough, to relieve pain. I have pain because I have a ureter stent and am receiving radiation treatments to the pelvis -- both irritate the bladder and urinary track. I am searching for a similar drug to this. There must be something similar to this drug that helps alleviate the pain.”

Anonymous December 9, 2008

For Interstitial Cystitis: “This medicine is the best - fast acting and relieves pain, spasms associated with urinary tract infections. Highly recommend it.”

Holly · Taken for 10 years or more November 21, 2021

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I've been using Pyridium since I was diagnosed in 2008 and I use it primarily when I'm flaring or have a UTI which is pretty often. It's an amazing anesthetic. It works fast!”

numie11 · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2013

For Dysuria: “Dr. gave it for bladder infection, but all it did was making me extremely itchy in vagina. ”

Anonymous August 4, 2009

For Interstitial Cystitis: “This medicine has been a God send for me. If I miss a dose, my pain is severe enough to inhibit normal daily activities. Along with my DSMO treatments, I am slowly feeling better!”

Anonymous May 12, 2009

For Interstitial Cystitis: “Allows me to function.”

Anonymous September 14, 2011

For Interstitial Cystitis: “When taking this medication I developed a fever, reddening of the eyes even more pain and I wasn't able to hold anything down which ended up in a prolonged stay in the hospital.”

stents · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2013

For Dysuria: “Reduced pain from stone passing through urinary tract and also helped with bowel evacuation.”