User Reviews for Pyridium to treat Interstitial Cystitis

Pyridium has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Interstitial Cystitis. 80% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 20% reported a negative experience.

Pyridium rating summary

8.2/10 average rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Interstitial Cystitis.

Reviews for Pyridium

Steph · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 18, 2021

“After struggling for 1.5 years with pain & urgency, Pyridium is the only medication that helps me 100%. My flare ups have gotten worse & worse and sometimes I have to take up to 600mg, but it always relieves my pain. I will always recommend it & make sure you take Pyridium with food!!! I am forever grateful that this medication exists & that I am able to use access it.”

Anonymous · April 10, 2012

“I have to take Pyridium. Have been taking it for many years. My urologist says I don't have Interstitial Cystitis but my bladder started burning in 1992 and hasn't stopped, so it may be urogenic bladder. Pyridium does seem to make me drowsy and I itch a lot. But not sure if the Pyridium causes it as I'm on many other medications. It does help the burning of my bladder.”

Detroiter767 · November 29, 2015

“This did nothing for the cramping and pain. In fact, I had horrible GI gas and stomach issues while taking it. I thought I had a stomach virus but when I stopped the Pyridium, the stomach distress went away.”

Anonymous · December 9, 2008

“This medicine is the best - fast acting and relieves pain, spasms associated with urinary tract infections. Highly recommend it.”

Anonymous · August 4, 2009

“This medicine has been a God send for me. If I miss a dose, my pain is severe enough to inhibit normal daily activities. Along with my DSMO treatments, I am slowly feeling better!”

Anonymous · May 12, 2009

“Allows me to function.”

Anonymous · September 14, 2011

“When taking this medication I developed a fever, reddening of the eyes even more pain and I wasn't able to hold anything down which ended up in a prolonged stay in the hospital.”

Newfounland Flossy · December 5, 2015

“Settles the bladder down nicely.”

Holly · Taken for 10 years or more · November 21, 2021

“I've been using Pyridium since I was diagnosed in 2008 and I use it primarily when I'm flaring or have a UTI which is pretty often. It's an amazing anesthetic. It works fast!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · December 26, 2012

“Was wonderful for the urinary tract infection. I also have a urethral fissure...Didn't help with fissure but not designed to do so.”

Learn more about Interstitial Cystitis