User Reviews for Pyridium to treat Interstitial Cystitis

Pyridium has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Interstitial Cystitis. 78% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Pyridium Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Interstitial Cystitis.

Steph · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 18, 2021

“After struggling for 1.5 years with pain & urgency, Pyridium is the only medication that helps me 100%. My flare ups have gotten worse & worse and sometimes I have to take up to 600mg, but it always relieves my pain. I will always recommend it & make sure you take Pyridium with food!!! I am forever grateful that this medication exists & that I am able to use access it.”

Anonymous April 10, 2012

“I have to take Pyridium. Have been taking it for many years. My urologist says I don't have Interstitial Cystitis but my bladder started burning in 1992 and hasn't stopped, so it may be urogenic bladder. Pyridium does seem to make me drowsy and I itch a lot. But not sure if the Pyridium causes it as I'm on many other medications. It does help the burning of my bladder.”

Detroiter767 November 29, 2015

“This did nothing for the cramping and pain. In fact, I had horrible GI gas and stomach issues while taking it. I thought I had a stomach virus but when I stopped the Pyridium, the stomach distress went away.”

Anonymous December 9, 2008

“This medicine is the best - fast acting and relieves pain, spasms associated with urinary tract infections. Highly recommend it.”

Anonymous August 4, 2009

“This medicine has been a God send for me. If I miss a dose, my pain is severe enough to inhibit normal daily activities. Along with my DSMO treatments, I am slowly feeling better!”

Anonymous May 12, 2009

“Allows me to function.”

Anonymous September 14, 2011

“When taking this medication I developed a fever, reddening of the eyes even more pain and I wasn't able to hold anything down which ended up in a prolonged stay in the hospital.”