User Reviews for Phenazopyridine

Also known as: Pyridium, Azo Urinary Pain Relief, Azo-Standard, Uristat, Uricalm, Azo-Septic, Eridium, Baridium Re-Azo Prodium Azo-Gesic Preferred Maximum Strength Urinary Pain Relief Preferred Urinary Pain Relief

Interstitial Cystitis 7.6
Dysuria 6.8

Reviews for Phenazopyridine

Tracy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: “My husband brought Uricalm home instead of Uristat. Big mistake. It’s takes over an hour to feel relief whereas Uristat takes about 10-15 minutes tops. Unfortunately, I get UTI’s about twice a year and Uristat has always been my life saver while taking my antibiotics or before my dr appointment. Don’t waste your money.”

MurphyGal · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2020

Azo Urinary Pain Relief (phenazopyridine): “Three weeks ago I had a marble size kidney stone removed via laser lithotripsy and they placed a stent. The pain was awful!! I would rather go through natural childbirth again versus what I have had to endure! The pain with the stent was almost as bad as the pain with the stone. It impacted my ability to work it was horrible. My best friend recommended AZO to me. My son went to the store but bought the wrong medication. While at work today after the stent was removed yesterday. I was in and out of the bathroom every few minutes. I sent a text to my bestie and she actually went to the store and got me the maximum strength. What a relief!! Pain gone in about 20 minutes! I was able to finish my work day. After taking narcotics that barely touched the pain it was a miracle! I am keeping this in my purse! It’s a wonder pill!”

p3Obleo May 29, 2020

Azo Urinary Pain Relief (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: “60 yr. old female with Severe Autoimmune Interstitital Cystitis. After 2 years, many Dr.'s, urologists failed to properly diagnose. I got down to 86 lbs., that's adult size 0 jeans! Couldn't eat. Finally diagnosed sent to Urologist who did a cystoscopy, confirming severe autoimmune IC. Started bladder instillations of heperan, lidocaine & Elmiron, once a week for about 18 months, until my bladder just couldn't stand to be cathed one more time. This was before CDC's Opioid Prescribing Guidelines, & the mass hysteria which cut meds to legit chronic pain patients. AZO MAX reduces spasms & burning somewhat. Tried Elmiron, did nothing may cause eye problems & $$$$! Uribel, now unaffordable. Botox injections helped frequency issues, would recommend. Daily pain unbearable! Quality of life w/o pain meds is minus 5-8. Had to go on disability.”

MichaelRS · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

“As of this writing I had the UroLift procedure 6 days ago. How that is NOT the walk in the park that they marketed as is a whole different story. After the procedure one of the medicines I was put on was Pyridiu( obviously through insurance I got that generic). If this is Pyridium providing a soothing analgesic effect to relieve the burning in my urethra when I urinate, I would really hate to see what it's like not being on it.”

Julieblondie · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: “Azo-Standard works like it says”

IKE · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2020

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “Maybe is good but, in my case I had so much urgency that became sometimes incontinent. The carpet and the clothes stains can not be taken out. Now I have to spend a lot of money changing the carpet”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I have IC that flares with my endometriosis during periods. They are common co-morbid conditions and it causes burning when I urinate. However, I never have a UTI. I've usually just suffered through it until my period ended, but I remembered AZO made this wonderful product similar to the prescription that my gynecologist gave me and it helped immensely. No more burning when I pee! You do have to wear a pad and underwear that you don't care about if it gets stained because the pee turns BRIGHT orange, but it's a small price to pay. So happy to feel better.”

Libby January 15, 2020

For Interstitial Cystitis: “I keep AZO on hand for IC flares that started years ago. I always eat a bite before taking and drink lots of bottled water as always. Caffeine, decaf coffee/tea, pineapple, apples, msg, artificial sweetners, chocolate, soy, and tap water are my triggers. Azo saves me when I cheat or unknowingly eat someone else's cooking.”

Tokyo · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2020

Azo-Standard (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “Man , this does nothing for me but turn my urine ORANGE . It made my stomach hurt extremely bad . Like , it made a knot in my stomach where I couldn’t move . I had a heat flash and all . It was horrible . Seriously”

Cait · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

Preferred Maximum Strength Urinary Pain Relief (phenazopyridine) for Interstitial Cystitis: “So I just started using this today and right after I took my first dose I started feeling weird, my heart was racing and I was shaking. Is this normal? What could be the cause?”

Motherofdragons · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2019

For Interstitial Cystitis: “Azo is the only thing that helps IC flares or I get a UTI. Good news is it really does take the pain away after a little while. But for me, it's not without consequences. Those consequences or side effects include stomach ache and lots of vomiting if I don't STUFF myself with food before taking it. And I don't mean a normal meal, I have to actually stuff my stomach with food. Sometimes I'll think I'm full enough, take the azo and half an hour later realize I was wrong. So, make sure you eat A LOT of food before you take this medication.”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2019

Preferred Urinary Pain Relief (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “I woke up one morning to a UTI boy was that painful ,but I still had to go work I Google some stuff for over the counter UTI. WOW AZO HELPED AMAZINGLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND”

kidney stone sufferer October 21, 2019

For Dysuria: “Suffering from kidney stones and post-surgery pains and stents, this drug is great. I can finally take my mind off of the relentless pains, even using just half a dose. I can be functional again! It does make my urine a shocking color, but that's the only side effect I notice.”

Jenn M September 7, 2019

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “I’m have chronic frequency and urgency due to having had six children and also MS. I tried this medication for the first time today while on a road trip. I am truly stunned by how well this works. I previously did not know what it’s like to urinate without pain. I’m someone going to bathroom every hour on the hour. This has been an amazing vacation from my normal burdensome symptoms. I’ve only taken the one dose thus far, and it worked immediately. A far cry from the AZO supplement which did nothing for me.”

Anciano August 27, 2019

For Dysuria: “Worked well and cured the problem over 5 or 6 days. I was prescribed 56 capsules, and still have about half of them. I only took as many as was needed to stop the pain... no more than 3 a day, then reducing to 2 as the pain diminished. That was all I seemed to need.”

CJ · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “Was in so much pain and the need to urinate was SO strong for hours. Took pyridium and like 1.5 hours later I felt WORLDS better! I would have given it a 10 if it worked a bit faster, but seriously, I was miserable and it helped so much!”

Jim · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2019

For Dysuria: “Was given other meds to stop Penis spasms that would make you cry with pain. Another old doc prescribed this med and 1 pill later pain gone”

Katherine · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

For Dysuria: “My doctor prescribed this to me for the burning pain and told me I would love it. WRONG!! Not only did it not relieve the pain, I think it made it worse!! Then I bought some Azo Urinary Pain Relief pills and they did the very same thing. It made it feel like razors were coming out of me. So I suffered with the burning pain the whole time and was miserable. This medicine is useless to me and a waste of my money.”

Targe t June 23, 2019

Uricalm (phenazopyridine): “Don’t waste your money it doesn’t work only turns your pee yellow I’ve been waiting for an hour and no help ! Only reason I bought them is bc I forgot my uristat back home ! Waste of money !!!!”

Spunducky · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2019

Preferred Maximum Strength Urinary Pain Relief (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “I have been taking the maximum strength 2-3 times a day for approximately 6 months now and have never had any side effects. It has been so wonderful not feeling the pain in my bladder from the tube that sits in there. (I have a Permanent Suprapubic Catheter )”

Nothappening01 May 30, 2019

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “I went to the store as soon as I had discomfort and saw that these were a higher dosage so I bought them. The first time it helped a little. I've been taking them 3 times a day for a couple of days and all they've done is change the color of my pee and possibly caused excruciating lower back pain as well as abdominal pain.”

BJ May 12, 2019

Pyridium (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “LOVE Pyridium! Nothing else works as well. It is a miracle drug. My kidney was in spasms intense pain from the stones and infection. This product worked like a wonder drug on the pain while the antibiotic did its work.”

blossom · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2019

For Interstitial Cystitis: “Gave me terrible lower back pain, headaches, & only provided some relief with pain while urinating but no relief for having to pee constantly. Would not recommend.”

xlk February 18, 2019

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “This message is VERY IMPORTANT: As soon as you feel even the slightest bit discomfort you must take these pills because they take even up to 45 minutes to really kick in. You MUST take them with food, and I mean like as much as a meal or similar or you WILL get very sick. BUT this is the best pain relief I have ever felt. Once you take them they last all day and eliminate any pain including while you’re peeing. Yes they do make you lower back a little sensitive but it’s worth the relief this medicine brings. I like to eat breakfast, pop two in my mouth and sit in a hot relaxing bath til they kick in and it works wonders, really great! I highly recommend using this medicine!”

Shay · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2019

Uricalm (phenazopyridine) for Dysuria: “I tried Uricalm for the first time today because I was experiencing major pain and a great sense or urgency to urinate and I kid you not, this stuff works. I am not getting paid to share my opinion but it worked so well I felt I had to inform you all. I wished I had know about this before now. I am extremely pleased. I was in so much discomfort that I couldn't sit or stand without feeling the urgency to urinate. Now I am 90% better. ”