User Reviews for Oxytrol

Learn more about Oxytrol.

Oxytrol Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Oxytrol to treat Overactive Bladder

"It helps but unfortunately all Walmarts in Reno Nv are constantly out of stock. I went to a pharmacy thinking surly they must stock the product but I had no luck. The pharmacist had no I deal what this product was. I felt like the pharmacist thought I was asking for OxyContin. I wish they would change the name and stock the store better with this product. What a shame now I will have to depend on a physician for a perscription. This product only helps for the first two days not for four days as advertised."

Saboo August 5, 2016

"Works but I have the lining of the patch still and it looks like a scar! It's been 3 weeks and it still hasn't gone away!"

Abc123$%*- July 7, 2016

"Great product I have been on other drugs that gave me back side effects-rash, itching, dry mouth, constipation, headache, dizziness, back pain, etc. I urinate on average 20-40 times a day every approx 15-20 minutes, after using the patch I went as long as 2 hours without using restroom. my skin is irritated and red but better than spending my whole day in the bathroom. I cant believe my doctor didn't put me on this over the counter drug first before spending hundreds of dollars on prescription medications. I have suffered for over 30 yrs with the issue of urgency and frequency this is a miracle for me. Praise the LORD"

Nee Nee #1 March 3, 2016

"I absolutely love this patch! Thank you for putting it back on the shelves! I am only 45, and had trouble since my hysterectomy several years ago. In fact I was wearing a diaper to bed,not too sexy I admit! These patches are awesome and have given me back my life! They do get less sticky in the shower but I just face my body the other way, the stickies come off with no problem with goo gone or baby oil. Well worth it!"

Sapphire70 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2015

"Oxytrol gave me a life without looking for the closest bathroom in s panic. I can now control my urge long enough to get to a bathroom. Only problem is it's hard to find. No longer on shelves at stores."

Nancy D-J (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2015

"I am on my first patch and though the patch stays on it is irritating on the skin. It really does work."

Apple girl September 22, 2015

"I think the patch worked better for me in the beginning. Less effective now. As far as the sticking I found it works best on my lower back area. You have to make sure there is no lotion or soap where you apply and then hold your hand over the patch for at least 15 sec. to make sure it adheres. The heat of your hand activiates the adhesive. Didn't work on my abdomen, caused severe itching but not on my backside. My local Walmart is out of stock. I am going to try eBay."

Bijoux10 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 24, 2015

"I've been on the patch for almost 24 hours now. the only issue i am having is bad stomach cramps along with diarrhea so hopefully that stops in the next few days. I don't want to get my hopes up just yet but I have noticed that the urgency & frequency has decreased for me."

Dria' (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2015

"The patch worked but the extreme dry mouth side effect was unbearable! In fact, 8 months after not using the patch anymore I still struggle with dry mouth! When does it go away?"

mary4589 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2015

"I really love this product. I don't have the irritation from the patch like some people are having. I did find out that if you have a problem with the patch not sticking, clean the area with rubbing alcohol before placing the patch and that helps it to stick just fine. Maybe that would also help the ones with the irritation as well. Worth a try anyway. A little crinkling noise is worth dealing with compared to dealing with overactive bladder. Another small issue is I feel that one patch is not as effective."

Shortone7941 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2014

"For me, it took two patches but on the fifth day, they really started working! I am 63 and have had trouble with overactive bladder for the past ten years, off and on. It gets worse depending on what I ingest food and medication wise. I am now in the bathroom every couple of hours instead of every half hour and always feeling the urge like I was. It's wonderful. Thanks for this product!"

skh4you (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2014

"All my life I've had to deal with have an overactive bladder it made me to the point where I was 18 and still wetting the bad at night as well as leaking throughout the day. When I first tried this I saw a huge difference, I haven't had any of those problems except for when I keep it on longer than I should. At first my skin was a little irritated by the patch but now it's nothing and easy to take off. I spent 1 day without it on and it really showed me how important it is for me to have it, I felt dirty through out the day and had to pee all the time like always. I am so thankful for this patch it really has helped live with having an over active bladder."

Partygirl91 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2014

"I would love to give this medicine a 10. It works great for my overactive bladder, unfortunately the irritation and itching is unbearable and I have to end up changing the patch every couple of days. I am running out of places on my body because the irritation and itching lasts a lot longer than the patch. The medicine works great but can't get past the irritation from the patch."

FNE2008 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2014

"I tried the Oxytrol patch and liked the effect on helping my overactive bladder, but it irritated my skin and caused such itching I couldn't continue it. I tried placing the patch in a variety of places to no avail. I see on this site that it seems to be a common occurrence. "

Just me? (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2014

"The patch worked. However the itching and inflamed skin was not tolerable. I wish I could bear it just to be relieved of the overactive bladder. I thought I would have a normal life. Now trying Toviaz."

Carmen ann January 19, 2014

"I am 19 years old and started using this patch. I had surgery to stretch my bladder a year ago (apparently my bladder quit growing at a young age). Before, I had to go to the bathroom every hour and a half and the surgery was only a temporary fix from this. This patch worked wonders! Not only do I go less, but I can also hold it in for a lot longer!"

:-) (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2014

"I get bad reaction to the adhesive. The redness stays for weeks and itches so bad. I clean the area with acetone to remove the adhesive residue and then clean it with alcohol. Hope you guys will create one for sensitive adhesive like sensitive bandage. The product helps with overactive bladder I just hope the itch and redness will go away. Been using this patch for a month."

Grace simp January 2, 2014

"I LOVE THIS. IT HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO PEOPLE everywhere. Remember everyone is different so it may not help some and it may help some but as for me it does work."

oxytrol works December 1, 2013

"After seeing a commercial for Oxytrol, I knew I had to give it a shot. I have had numerous occurances that if I had not been wearing a Depends I would have had a very embarrassing situation. I noticed a difference the very FIRST day. No sudden urges and no accidents ( or NEAR accidents). I have gotten my life back! I want to shout it from the rooftops! Very, very happy with this product! So thankful it is now over the counter! I have read reviews about people saying the patch left adhesive residue, I've had no such problem. Also have not had it come off in the shower or pool. I think it might be improved if the patch were a bit rubbery, say something along the lines of a blister band aide."

BryteEyez (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Been wearing the patches for a week now. I can tell a difference. The urge to use the bathroom greatly decreased. So glad they are OTC! The only problem i have is when I remove the patch it leaves adhesive on the skin, its hard to get off. And waterproof would be better. Maybe they will update them sooner or later. But def recommended"

Ohiogirl28 November 11, 2013

"I want to thank Merck and it's scientist that developed this patch and I am so glad it is Over the Counter now. I have worn the patch for one month now. I am on my second box and will be purchasing a third a forth and so on..... Oxytrol has changed my life back to normal. No standing up and urine flowing out uncontrollably anymore. No more 12-15 trips to the bathroom a day. I travel and now I can drive for 2-3 hours at a time without stopping for a bathroom. Now I change the patch on day 4. I did try to hold out for the 4th night and while i did not have the urgency problem I did have to urinate more frequently than if I go four days and three nights. The adhesive problems and the crinkling I DON'T CARE better then a diaper."

Theresa S (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2013

"I used 4 patches in 4 days because each morning when I got in the shower the patch came off. That was a cost of $4 a day since I had paid $16 for the box. I called Merck (manufactures product) and was told they would send me a coupon or another box of patches. That was 4 weeks ago and nothing yet. But I have decided not to use the product or recommend it to anyone."

Madder than H_ _ _ October 30, 2013

"This patch sucks! It's a complete waste of money. It doesn't do anything! Waste of money!"

Jamcanfi74 October 25, 2013

"Great at first. Now I've had stomach pain for the last 3 days. I'm on my 3rd patch. Not sure if I should stop or not."

bedine (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2013

"Drug works but the patch is horrible. It is plastic and wrinkles up. The edges don't adhere well so the patch is always sticking to my clothes. I hope they fix this issue. If they do I will buy again but for now I'm going to save my money."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2013