User Reviews for Oxytrol to treat Urinary Frequency

Oxytrol has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 57 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Frequency. 53% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Oxytrol Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Frequency.

Reviews for Oxytrol

Nee Nee #1 March 3, 2016

“Great product I have been on other drugs that gave me back side effects-rash, itching, dry mouth, constipation, headache, dizziness, back pain, etc. I urinate on average 20-40 times a day every approx 15-20 minutes, after using the patch I went as long as 2 hours without using restroom. my skin is irritated and red but better than spending my whole day in the bathroom. I cant believe my doctor didn't put me on this over the counter drug first before spending hundreds of dollars on prescription medications. I have suffered for over 30 yrs with the issue of urgency and frequency this is a miracle for me. Praise the LORD”

Denver February 24, 2020

“I have been on the patch for a month and am now very pleased with the results. The urgency was very annoying and affecting my work and my life. These reviews were all very helpful, and I referred back to them when I got depressed. My Dr. said to first try Kegels, or muscle exercises. Those weren’t the easiest to learn so I just skipped them and used the patch. I would have given it a 5 at that point, however, it was an improvement. The past 2 weeks I worked on the kegel exercises working from 2 seconds up to 10 seconds—10 reps, 3times a day and would now give the patch a 9. I believe the combination of the patch and exercises work best for me. As far as the sticky residue it far outweighs the problem. I agree with those that say 3 days works better than 4. This past week has been the best because I’ve only felt the urge when I needed to use the bathroom. These reviews have all been very helpful.”

Nikkirose · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2020

“The Oxytrol does help for the urinary frequency but I am disappointed in the quality of the patch. The patch doesn't stay on for the full 4 days and it is NOT waterproof it says it is but its not I've tried taking a shower with it on and it came off. So, I'm done using them I tried 1 box of the patches and I'm not wasting anymore money on a low quality patch that doesn't even stay on like its supposed to. Very very disappointed wasted money.”

BryteEyez · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2013

“After seeing a commercial for Oxytrol, I knew I had to give it a shot. I have had numerous occurances that if I had not been wearing a Depends I would have had a very embarrassing situation. I noticed a difference the very FIRST day. No sudden urges and no accidents ( or NEAR accidents). I have gotten my life back! I want to shout it from the rooftops! Very, very happy with this product! So thankful it is now over the counter! I have read reviews about people saying the patch left adhesive residue, I've had no such problem. Also have not had it come off in the shower or pool. I think it might be improved if the patch were a bit rubbery, say something along the lines of a blister band aide.”

Patt Bush October 3, 2013

“I have had the patch on for 24 hours, don't even know it is there. I CANNOT believe it's effectiveness. The CONSTANT urge to urinate is GONE! I have NO feeling that I will have an accident and I DON'T have to visit the bathroom constantly to make sure my bladder is empty! My bladder actually feels CALM. All other methods I have tried were failures right from the onset of use. ”

Alxx · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 6, 2016

“Okay. I've been using this for a few months now and it's changed everything for me. It started working right away for me - I went to dinner with friends on the second night I had this on, and didn't have to go to the restroom once. Then. I walked around a park for awhile with no urge. I got home before I even had to pee. AND I DRANK BOTH WATER AND COLA! at the restaurant. I notice it starts to lose its effectiveness over time, sometimes well before the 4 days. Not sure if that's because of the chosen locations or what. Now and then I take a week long break altogether... Then try again and it works again. I guess I build up resistance over time and it needs to be reset. I use a waterproof bandage adhesive over top the patch to keep it on.”

Bobbi C February 7, 2011

“For two years urologists tried six different pill-form medications to try to help me with my 24/7 discomfort, pain, bladder spasms and need to use the bathroom a dozen or more times daily. It was horror, and nothing came close to helping until I was finally given the Oxytrol patch. Over a period of less than one week, it was as if my life was given back to me. Period. I was able to visit places without stopping to "go" continually; again we enjoyed marital intimacy; and I no longer went sleepless or suffered terrible pain-- or a single side-effect. Thank you for your joint efforts in the launch of this medication. You have given many back a Life. I will be glad to boast your praises anytime, anywhere--for free.”

skh4you · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2014

“For me, it took two patches but on the fifth day, they really started working! I am 63 and have had trouble with overactive bladder for the past ten years, off and on. It gets worse depending on what I ingest food and medication wise. I am now in the bathroom every couple of hours instead of every half hour and always feeling the urge like I was. It's wonderful. Thanks for this product!”

caren4u · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2017

“This is my first day of using Oxytrol...Amazing ....there is no comparison in the difference...I have not had urgency, leakage, or inability to control....I will continue to buy this product. I tried Azo...and it did not help at all....I am more than pleased with the Oxytrol....”

Theresa S · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 8, 2013

“I want to thank Merck and it's scientist that developed this patch and I am so glad it is Over the Counter now. I have worn the patch for one month now. I am on my second box and will be purchasing a third a forth and so on..... Oxytrol has changed my life back to normal. No standing up and urine flowing out uncontrollably anymore. No more 12-15 trips to the bathroom a day. I travel and now I can drive for 2-3 hours at a time without stopping for a bathroom. Now I change the patch on day 4. I did try to hold out for the 4th night and while i did not have the urgency problem I did have to urinate more frequently than if I go four days and three nights. The adhesive problems and the crinkling I DON'T CARE better then a diaper.”

Just me? · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2014

“I tried the Oxytrol patch and liked the effect on helping my overactive bladder, but it irritated my skin and caused such itching I couldn't continue it. I tried placing the patch in a variety of places to no avail. I see on this site that it seems to be a common occurrence. ”

coffeeman September 8, 2013

“What a difference the Oxytrol patch has made in my life. I was having to go to the bathroom 10 to 12 times in an afternoon. Since using the patches, I only go about 4 times. I have had no side effects.”

L C · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2013

“ABSOLUTELY THRILLED. I'M AMAZED. I just turned 52-YO but have suffered from incontinence for the last few years and seem to go through 2 to 3 "super-plus" Poise or Tena each day, plus one at night. I saw an ad on TV yesterday for Oxytrol and bought a 4-pack ($16.99) on my lunch hour and put one on about 1:15pm. And while certainly NOT recommended for someone with my condition, my co-workers and I go out on Mondays for a few cocktails and I always make sure I have extra 'pads' in my purse. We're talking LESS THAN 5-HOURS and a few Miller Lites, I stayed totally dry and only leaked when I was just about to sit down on the toilet. THAT IS A MIRACLE.”

:-) · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2014

“I am 19 years old and started using this patch. I had surgery to stretch my bladder a year ago (apparently my bladder quit growing at a young age). Before, I had to go to the bathroom every hour and a half and the surgery was only a temporary fix from this. This patch worked wonders! Not only do I go less, but I can also hold it in for a lot longer!”

Ohiogirl28 November 11, 2013

“Been wearing the patches for a week now. I can tell a difference. The urge to use the bathroom greatly decreased. So glad they are OTC! The only problem i have is when I remove the patch it leaves adhesive on the skin, its hard to get off. And waterproof would be better. Maybe they will update them sooner or later. But def recommended”

Partygirl91 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 12, 2014

“All my life I've had to deal with have an overactive bladder it made me to the point where I was 18 and still wetting the bad at night as well as leaking throughout the day. When I first tried this I saw a huge difference, I haven't had any of those problems except for when I keep it on longer than I should. At first my skin was a little irritated by the patch but now it's nothing and easy to take off. I spent 1 day without it on and it really showed me how important it is for me to have it, I felt dirty through out the day and had to pee all the time like always. I am so thankful for this patch it really has helped live with having an over active bladder.”

Madder than H_ _ _ October 30, 2013

“I used 4 patches in 4 days because each morning when I got in the shower the patch came off. That was a cost of $4 a day since I had paid $16 for the box. I called Merck (manufactures product) and was told they would send me a coupon or another box of patches. That was 4 weeks ago and nothing yet. But I have decided not to use the product or recommend it to anyone.”

WBe · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2013

“I had a sling a few years ago for stress incontinence (that I have had since I was a kid), but it didn't do anything for the overactive bladder, obviously. I tried the patch and within 24 hours, there was a huge difference. However, the patch does not stick well. The adhesive on the edges of the patch is not good. While it does not come off, it does crinkle and wrinkle and one was clearly not adhering much at all and I doubt much medicine was delivered, which was why it did not work that day. The medicine is great, but they need to improve the actual patch.”

LeakyGirl March 2, 2019

“I have been using the patch for about 3 years now. I have issues sometimes with the patch not sticking. If I clean my skin well with alcohol first that helps. On occasion, I use medical tape around the edges. Overall, it sticks fine. I switch between hips. For me, that is the best area. I do on occasion experience and itchy redness but the patch is still worth the minor occasional discomfort. I find this happens if any water gets under the patch. I had urinary urgency to go to the point I do a pee pee dance. The patch has resolved this issue and I no longer have accidents. If I get a cold or flu, I pee a ton when I sneeze. This is when I have to have a pad or a pull-up. Still, for every day, not sick times, the patch has improved my quality of life. I started using the patch at 46. I am 49 now. I did notice if I take an antihistamine for allergies I have to be careful how much I take. The antihistamine seems to weaken the effect of the patch.”

FNE2008 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2014

“I would love to give this medicine a 10. It works great for my overactive bladder, unfortunately the irritation and itching is unbearable and I have to end up changing the patch every couple of days. I am running out of places on my body because the irritation and itching lasts a lot longer than the patch. The medicine works great but can't get past the irritation from the patch.”

Grace simp January 2, 2014

“I get bad reaction to the adhesive. The redness stays for weeks and itches so bad. I clean the area with acetone to remove the adhesive residue and then clean it with alcohol. Hope you guys will create one for sensitive adhesive like sensitive bandage. The product helps with overactive bladder I just hope the itch and redness will go away. Been using this patch for a month.”

Carmen ann January 19, 2014

“The patch worked. However the itching and inflamed skin was not tolerable. I wish I could bear it just to be relieved of the overactive bladder. I thought I would have a normal life. Now trying Toviaz.”

Bobbi C February 7, 2011

“After spending two years in absolute agony 24/7 with spasms of the bladder: pain, needing to urinate up to 12 times day and night and aches in my loin, I finally was given the Oxytrol patch, after no help from six prior pill-form medications. I want to thank whoever is responsible for the making, marketing and licensing of this product that changed my life back to livable after twenty-four months of literal hell. Thank you again.”

Sapphire70 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 9, 2015

“I absolutely love this patch! Thank you for putting it back on the shelves! I am only 45, and had trouble since my hysterectomy several years ago. In fact I was wearing a diaper to bed,not too sexy I admit! These patches are awesome and have given me back my life! They do get less sticky in the shower but I just face my body the other way, the stickies come off with no problem with goo gone or baby oil. Well worth it!”

Ken · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2021

“In less than 48 hours I developed extreme itching, redness and blistering under the patch. I removed the patch and there were large water blisters underneath. So, obviously I discontinued using the patches. Out of 32.00 bucks.”

Learn more about Urinary Frequency