User Reviews for Ditropan to treat Urinary Incontinence

Ditropan has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Incontinence. 33% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Ditropan Rating Summary

5.0/10 average rating

Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence.

Reviews for Ditropan

Dins · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2019

“Was on them for almost 3 years. I had had my gall bladder removed 2 months beforehand. I then started taking Ditropan and got dry mouth, dry nose. I then started getting spasmodic stomach pains, nausea, occasional sickness, bloating and constipation. At its worst I had two admissions to hospital by ambulance and was put on a morphine drip. I saw my GP, I was referred to gastroenterologist and then on to a specialist. I had a scan, MRI scan and endoscopy as the medical “experts” thought it was gall bladder debris. Each time I asked if it could be any of the medication I was taking. Answer : No. I was concerned that this drug could be linked with dementia. Reading up on the side effects all my symptoms I was experiencing were exactly the same as listed. Since coming off these tablets the symptoms have stopped and I’ve taken great pleasure in informing the medics of the cessation of these symptoms.”

Bob-O · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

“After my prostate was removed, I had constant "dribbling" problems and had to wear an adult diaper. After 1 month the ditropan stopped the dribbling but I do have a bit of a problem initiating a flow, especially when my bladder is not full.”

Nonetheless July 29, 2017

“I took 1 pill for a number of years and it worked great! I thought it was a miracle. As years went on, I had to increase to 2 pills. Again it worked great for a long but now I am having the bladder spasms again. Guess I built up a tolerance to it”

Anonymous February 26, 2012

“My son is 11 years old. He has had urinary incontinence all his life and a doctor at children's hospital in Cincinnati Ohio found this problem. He is having him try oxybutynin cl ER 5 mg and there is no more running and not making it. He has had a little dry mouth but not complaining. Thank you for this new medicine.”

Optional December 15, 2010

“It didn't work for my incontinence problem (which occurred after laser TURP), and I think it made it worse. It caused me to have a dry mouth, which caused me to drink more, which caused more incontinence. I told the doctor that I wasn't having bladder spasms, but he ignored what I said and said to give it a try and come back in 30 days. ”

Cobbscout · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 21, 2013

“Pill is soft and easily broken in half. I do better taking half in the morning and half in the evening otherwise I get a dry mouth.”

Anonymous February 10, 2010

“I have Parkinson's and a prostatectomy. This medicine didn't relieve the frequent nighttime urination and caused negative mood changes (upset, anger) with swollen ankles and esophageal blockage.”

Slyv December 17, 2020

“Been on the tablet a week. Only for night. First three night excellent. But the last two nights I have almost gone back to the way I was. I feel very disappointed.”

Yainie · Taken for 10 years or more January 6, 2021

“Worst experience ever. Have been taking Ditropan for 25 years. Had terrible thirst at night and abdominal pain whereby I collapsed. No other reason found by doctor.”

Jocie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2018

“This medicine killed her bladder. ”

Learn more about Urinary Incontinence