User Reviews for Ditropan to treat Urinary Frequency

Ditropan has an average rating of 4.3 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Frequency. 25% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Ditropan Rating Summary

4.3/10 average rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Frequency.

Reviews for Ditropan

Female 49yo · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 21, 2013

“It definitely helps with "urgency" - I can now hang on for a while (up to an hour), whereas before I had to go immediately. My main concern with it is a feeling of vagueness and slight difficulty focusing mentally, starting around an hour after I take it and lasting 2-3 hours. It seems to be increasing. I am concerned enough about this that I am considering stopping Ditropan. Another side effect is a dry mouth. I need to have frequent sips of water, and the dryness wakes me up 2-3 times a night.”

Auntie NeNe · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2017

“Been taking 10mg twice a day for two weeks. Not only is my mouth dry but my taste buds are distorted. Foods don't taste as they should and certain areas of my tongue is sore. Anyone else have this tongue/ taste bud problem?”

whenne September 29, 2020

“I got put on Ditropan for over active bladder. I had bladder pain a lot too. It helped with not having to have to go pee all the time. The side effect would give me actual contraction as if I was in the early stages of labor. And my back next to my kidneys would be so painful, it would radiate to my stomach. the pain was extreme. I went to the hospital to get checked out. Luckily I was fine nothing was a wrong. I had to stop taking the medicine”

Simdiva · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2016

“Medicine made me feel very ill, nausea, extreme drowsiness, slept twelve hours after just two doses. Had difficulty swallowing and it felt like their were sticks in my throat. The drug did not seem to work that well but stopped taking due to the side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2017

“Took for 2 weeks... discontinued because my throat and sinuses were so dry I was having trouble breathing. Plus, it didn't help with frequency...in fact, it seemed to lessen the time between urges. It has been over a week and I'm just starting to feel normal with my breathing!”

Anonymous April 11, 2012

“Using for bladder problems (inflexible bladder muscles). Lengthens the time between needing to go and stops the spasms while trying to hold on. Only the maximum dose really does much. Makes me drowsy and makes my mouth so dry it gets sore. It's better than nothing at all.”

ARrrrr February 1, 2016

“Started using ditropan (5mg) 3 days ago. On day one I took it with breakfast and noticed that post-shower while drying my hair (and straightening) it I didn't have a bead of sweat in sight! This dosage and medicine type has definitely kept me dry all-day long since then. I do however still sweat quite a bit at the gym but once I am done exercising I am no longer sweating at all (I would usually sweat quite a bit after the gym). I am giving it an 8/10 because it seems to wear off near the end of the day but I may just need to up the dosage a tiny bit.”

SuzyQ · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2019

“My overactive bladder was so bad that I had to use large nighttime bladder pads when I went out. After taking this medication I can go out with confidence with no pads at all.”

anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 30, 2019

“I got a very dry mouth from oxybutynin, my gums were terrible and sexual dysfunction on 5mg. It did help with night time nocturia. My side effects were ok on 2.5 mg but doesn't help bladder as much.”

Anonymous November 24, 2009

“I took this for bladder spasms when I had a stent put into my ureter when I had a kidney stone. It provided a great deal of relief from the painful bladder spasms. I did not notice any side effects.”

Anonymous November 23, 2009

“This medicine is supposed to stop urinary leakage but that is not working for me. I rate it 2 out of 10 because it seems to help a little bit.”

red1977 · Taken for less than 1 month November 26, 2015

“Gave me terrible urinary retention and the worse migraine ever”

southernbell29 · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2012

“It doesn't seem to work for me I still have urgency problems and my bladder still feels like its not relaxing at all.”

Anonymous May 26, 2011

“Ditropan caused blurred vision and dry mouth and did not relieve frequent urination.”

Anonymous October 19, 2010

“Gave me constipation and bloating - worse than the problem it was supposed to treat.”

Bob G from Hollis Hills NY · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2015

“Worked very well for bladder control (hopefully. Not too well for those that develop too much flow restriction). To beware of: Dry mouth Loss of interest in sex Inability to have an erection”

Anonymous January 17, 2012

“While it helped with urgency it causes dry mouth and worse a loss of sexual appetite.”

Anonymous September 27, 2011

“Had constipation side effect. Effectiveness greatly diminishes after 1-2 months. ”

Wendyg5 June 6, 2017

“I have been using the tablets for about twenty years, they are having less and less efficacy, I decided to try the patch, I has no effect at all.”

Learn more about Urinary Frequency