User Reviews for Detrol LA

Learn more about Detrol LA.

Urinary Incontinence 5 reviews 49 medications

7.4
Overactive Bladder 10 reviews 22 medications

6.3
Summary of Detrol LA reviews 15 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Detrol LA

For Urinary Incontinence "Has worked GREAT for me. No side effects."

DonnaHas (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 7, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I started a week ago and so far so good. I took this medication several years ago and had no problems. I had a bladder sling removed 5 months ago and because of the damage that has been done, I have to take medication. This is the second time medication I am trying."

Taking Detrol LA ER (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence "I am 83 yrs old an took Detrol for 6 weeks so I could join my family on an Alaska cruise it worked great voice was raspy but could handle an several other side effects BUT than came home an realized while in the car my eyes where not what they were before so stopped taking the medication an am happy to say this morning I took my car and went shopping an eyes were just fine..will only take it when I am going to be gone for several day or an occasion that would require me to set for several hours,,,than I could not make it to the bathroom otherwise"

louseg July 7, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "62 year old male with overactive bladder symptoms for 15 years. Seems to be caused by nerve damage in lumbar vertebra. Was going to bathroom every twenty minutes. Taking Detrol LA for nine years allows me to extend that to, usually, three or four hours between bathroom visits. Down to once at night, used to go several times at night. It does have side effects, like dry mouth, sluggish thinking, and a few others, but the trade-off would be to spend my life hovering around a bathroom."

itzme (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 21, 2013

For Urinary Incontinence "Only saw results for the first couple of months."

mindykoz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2012

For Overactive Bladder "Took it for 2 weeks and my condition got worse. Not worth the side effects--dry eyes, mouth and skin, lethargic and sleepy. Had to go 5-6 times a night and sometimes 10 times before lunch."

Not good March 11, 2012

For Overactive Bladder "The side effects were intolerable and it was not effective in minimizing bladder spasms with resulting leakage/incontinence."

Anonymous January 20, 2012

For Overactive Bladder "Miracle medicine - where was it 8 years ago?"

Teafor2 August 9, 2011

For Urinary Incontinence "Expensive but it works! No negative side effects."

Anonymous September 17, 2010

For Overactive Bladder "52 year old female with years of frequency, especially nighttime. Have been taking Detrol LA for 1.5 years at bedtime. Worked very well until recently when I started having to get up at night again. Doctor is prescribing Synvasc but I'm not crazy about the idea of having to take it an hour before I can eat."

Anonymous June 11, 2010

For Overactive Bladder "53 yr female, started using Detrol LA 4 mg approximately 2.5 yrs ago. Also tried Enablex and Vesicare. Insurance company dropped Enablex and now is dropping Detrol. Main side-effects are constipation, headache, dry mouth. Headache goes away after a few days. Have gradually decreased dosage to 1/2 capsule daily, then 1/2 capsule 2-3x per week. This has relieved side-effects and am still pain-free. Hoping to get off medication entirely eventually."

candacia December 3, 2009

For Overactive Bladder "I started taking Vesicare for my Overactive Bladder but it's has stopped being as effective as it was for the past several years. My doctor gave me a sample of Detrol LA 5 days ago and I've had side effects. I have had a terrible head-ache, fatigue, and just felt awful. Finally figured out that it correlated to when I started on the Detrol LA. I've called and asked to switch to another medicine. I can't function this way."

susan61 November 2, 2009

For Overactive Bladder "Took Flomax by itself. It worked a little but made me dizzy. Added Detrol LA and everything worked a lot better but still got dizzy. Stopped Flomax for about 10 days and only took Detrol LA. Urgency slipped a little but was still good. Dizziness went away. Started Flomax again. Slight improvement but dizziness re-started. Detrol LA seems to be the best of the two."

bdwebe September 14, 2009

For Overactive Bladder "Seemed to help at first but now it doesnt seem to work as well. I've been on it 3-4 months now. It's very expensive. I'm with United HC and its $60 a month."

Anonymous September 9, 2009

For Overactive Bladder "I could make it to the bathroom door, but could not even get into the bathroom when there was a small leakage of urine. That happened twice and while at my doctor's office for a routine visit I consulted with him. He sent me home with a seven day sample of Detrol LA 4mg capsules. I tried them 14 more days with my pharmacist. For me (a female age 84) this medication has been excellent. There may be side effects but they are easy to deal with compared to any of the other overactive bladder medications that I have studied about."

Morg May 13, 2009