User Reviews for Toviaz

Overactive Bladder
5.6

Summary of Toviaz reviews 5.7 51 reviews

Reviews for Toviaz

For Overactive Bladder "I started Toviaz about a week ago and it doesn’t seem to be working. I wake up every night about 3-4 times to use the toilet. It gives me horrible headaches and dry eyes and mouth."

Yaya (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Started on Tobiaz 4mg three weeks ago. Side effects appear to be headaches and dry mouth. The drug is helping and I am managing better but not too happy at thought of taking this for rest of life (I’m only 63). Asked GP for alternatives, do not want the TVT (a sling surgery procedure) operation!"

Mrs Mop (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "This medication hasn't helped with my bladder spasm. I have taken for a week and had spasms every night from 11 pm-4 am. Also dry mouth is a side affect."

cj (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Not sure I'm taking Toviaz for the right condition. My bladder doesn't seem to empty fully and it's a pain. I've been taking this at 8mg for about a month and don't notice a change at all"

Cate (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence "Side effects so far constipation, I'm weak and more bleeding while urinating"

giron144 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I have been taking toviaz for a good five years. The dry mouth is a pain but I really felt the need to share the following experience with you. Prior to taking toviaz, I would frequently have a dream that I was on the toilet urinating. When this was happening in my dream I would be wetting the bed in real life. As a young woman in my 20s this was not acceptable to me. Since taking toviaz I have not had one wet night. Last night, I dreamt that I was using quite a few toilets, but I woke dry (dying for a wee but dry!). This drug is amazing."

Jenny83940428 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Med works great..was so hopeful for normalcy in my life again, but the incredible dryness in my throat and nasal cavities led to coughing, choking and gasping for air through the nite...horrible"

Suz (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I was prescribed Toviaz for overactive bladder. I was going through 3-4 heavy pads almost every day. Since I started taking it, my urinary output is decreased, I have hardly any leakage but the dry mouth is unbearable and it has elevated my blood pressure so high my doctor increased my meds. I have blurred vision and I’m so jittery inside and I can feel my heart pounding. I’m done with Toviaz. The side effects aren’t worth it!"

Skrina (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Worked great for 2 years. The dry mouth did pass and I could go out with friends for a beer and have a coffee!!!!! But for some reason it stopped working. Now on oxybutynin colored 5 mg. Been take that for 3 days so far isn't working . There goes my social life again"

James Bond 334 February 11, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence "I started Toviaz 4 mg about a month ago. It seemed to work a lot better than the other medications but caused severe dry mouth. With time, the dry mouth subsided but then I started the 8 mg dose. I have been on it for about a month and I find I have dry mouth and insomnia but the medication works so well I am going to see if side effects improve with a little more time."

TeddyJynx (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "I've been taking 8mg Toviaz for several years now. Dry mouth, constipation, dizziness and initially nausea have been side effects. I've had weight gain but being on other meds, I'm not sure if Toviaz has been a contributing factor for the weight gain. Toviaz has worked very well for my overactive bladder until recently, when I began taking Primidone for tremors. I will discuss this with my doctors to see if Primidone may be causing the Toviaz to be less effective. Also, even with my health insurance, Toviaz is very expensive. Talk with your doctor; weigh the pros/cons for yourself to decide if it's worth taking. I have to say it's been worth it for me. Instead of getting up 4-6 times during night to urinate, I may get up 1 time while on it"

Kcsmiley37 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "I only took this drug once and I was ill for 2 weeks! First day my throat was horribly dry and scratchy. Water did NOT help. Second day I lost my voice and it stayed gone for three days. The mucous in my throat became unbearable. Then came a throat infection that went to my ears and then it settled in my chest. Could not get rid of this! Two rounds of antibiotics and prednisone and its finally gone.I would NOT recommend this drug. Oh and by the way I haven't had a cold or flu for decades so that was NOT what I had."

mrsclams (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

For Urinary Incontinence "I've been on Toviaz 2-3 years and so far is the most effective for incontinence & frequency. Over the years I've tried: Detrol LA (rubbish), Ditropan XL (not effective), Vesicare (very blurry vision), Enablex (worked for a while but not enough control), and now on Toviaz 8mg. It really cuts down on frequency. I only get up once in the night and can go 3-4 hrs without urinating (daytime). The incontinence is much better. Toviaz is expensive so I've been taking 1/2 pill/day. My problem is my brain sees the toilet and doesn't want hold off until I can get my belt and jeans down, and my ass on the throne (about 2-3 times/wk). My insurance won't cover Toviaz now I'll have to switch again. I've heard Myrbetriq works well? Probably can't afford it :("

queticogirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "I love Toviaz thank you Pfizer for your discount. I take Aciberry for constipation and Biotin for dry mouth. I tried other meds they were not as effective as Toviaz. I reccommend Toviaz to all. Thank you again Pfizer"

cowboy Pat (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2017

For Overactive Bladder "I used Toviaz for 10 days and its side effects started to be unbearable. So i had to give it up.. Maybe if i would continue to use, it could show its true effects but dry mouth and dizziness made me very bad.."

Han Ci (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Side effects after only one (8mg) dose are impossible to live with. Increased urgency to urinate, difficulty starting urine stream, headache, dizziness, dry mouth, nausea. I will never take it again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Significantly reduces my overactive bladder symptoms---very satisfied with it. I find that the two main side effects can be neutralized with Alfuzosin (for reduced urine flow) and Metamucil wafers (for constipation). Dry mouth occasionally occurs but is no big problem for me and can be treated by--you guessed it---sips of water. The only issue is the expense--I'm on a Medicare Advantage program and this one drug pushes me into the "doughnut hole" of increased co-pays during the last 3 months of the year. But what can I say?---you pay for your thrills! Does anyone know when this drug will go generic?"

HSP August 18, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "Beware, been on it for almost 3 yrs. Worked great on bladder but has so many side effects. Now my stomach doesn't work properly and I suffer from severe constipation and severe nausea. I finally decided i'd rather be in diapers than go through what is happening. These are just two of the side effects but it took me a long time to figure that Toviaz was the problem. Been off Toviaz for almost one week now and nausea is decreasing and I pray my gastroparesis will get better."

Aunt Jan May 11, 2016

For Overactive Bladder "This medication was/is a God send for me. Before taking it I would wake up 6 to 9 times a night to empty my bladder (and there was hardly anything there). During the day I would have an urge to go & did not quite make it to the toilet at least 1 time a day if not more. With the medication I might get up once during the night and that awful "you have to go NOW" urgency is gone during the day!! It has made a vast improvement in my life - physically as well as emotionally (not worring where the bathroom is no matter where you are). I would agree that this is an expensive medication. I decided to go on-line, found Tovias & the manufacturer & then filled out the forms for a significant discount!! They now pick up almost 100% of the cost!"

#1 farm girl November 21, 2015

For Urinary Incontinence "50.00 out of pocket for nightmares, Dizziness. Constipation, Weight Gain. Yes it works, but I just do not like the side effects."

Smf31415 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I was prescribed welbutrin for depression, that in turn has a side effect of overactive bladder which I was prescribed Toviaz for. the Toviaz DID stop the pain and overactive-ness of my bladder at night, however I also now have some pretty serious relentless heartburn that I can not get rid of from taking the Toviaz for only 2 days. I did not buy a full prescript, my doctor gave me a sample pack for 1 week, but I can not continue, the heartburn is too horrible, and NOTHING is taking it away. I am also very constipated from it so I am stopping the Toviaz and reducing the dosage of the welbutrin. HOPEFULLY this will help!! It really sucks getting pills that help with this yet you got to take more pills to counter act the side effects and it just seems to snowball."

Fed Up Sherrie (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Effective. Got Pfizer discount coupon (no longer available), which made it affordable at 15-25 Dollars a month. Will ask the doctor for an affordable alternative, though I would have liked to continue with it."

Sui July 26, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "Works Great, but too expensive for me !"

Yancy76 April 27, 2015

For Overactive Bladder "I have been taking this medicine for 3 weeks now and have found it definitely works. Tried Vesicare before this but had no luck. Only problem I have though is my appetite has increased a lot & I'm finding it hard not to eat too much! So weight gain is a side effect for me, also had sudden hair growth on my hips. I'm a very unhairy person who only has to shave my legs about 4 times a year yet suddenly after starting this medicine I have had black thick hair coming through with a rash in uncommon places. Think I may Have to stop this medicine if it continues."

Spongebob2089 January 4, 2014

For Overactive Bladder "Been on this medicine for a while now and its been a God send. Tried Vesicare at first but that didn't work."

random123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2013