User Reviews for Toviaz

Overactive Bladder 37 reviews 22 medications

5.7
Summary of Toviaz reviews 41 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Toviaz

For Overactive Bladder "I've been taking 8mg Toviaz for several years now. Dry mouth, constipation, dizziness and initially nausea have been side effects. I've had weight gain but being on other meds, I'm not sure if Toviaz has been a contributing factor for the weight gain. Toviaz has worked very well for my overactive bladder until recently, when I began taking Primidone for tremors. I will discuss this with my doctors to see if Primidone may be causing the Toviaz to be less effective. Also, even with my health insurance, Toviaz is very expensive. Talk with your doctor; weigh the pros/cons for yourself to decide if it's worth taking. I have to say it's been worth it for me. Instead of getting up 4-6 times during night to urinate, I may get up 1 time while on it"

Kcsmiley37 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I only took this drug once and I was ill for 2 weeks! First day my throat was horribly dry and scratchy. Water did NOT help. Second day I lost my voice and it stayed gone for three days. The mucous in my throat became unbearable. Then came a throat infection that went to my ears and then it settled in my chest. Could not get rid of this! Two rounds of antibiotics and prednisone and its finally gone.I would NOT recommend this drug. Oh and by the way I haven't had a cold or flu for decades so that was NOT what I had."

mrsclams (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence "I've been on Toviaz 2-3 years and so far is the most effective for incontinence & frequency. Over the years I've tried: Detrol LA (rubbish), Ditropan XL (not effective), Vesicare (very blurry vision), Enablex (worked for a while but not enough control), and now on Toviaz 8mg. It really cuts down on frequency. I only get up once in the night and can go 3-4 hrs without urinating (daytime). The incontinence is much better. Toviaz is expensive so I've been taking 1/2 pill/day. My problem is my brain sees the toilet and doesn't want hold off until I can get my belt and jeans down, and my ass on the throne (about 2-3 times/wk). My insurance won't cover Toviaz now I'll have to switch again. I've heard Myrbetriq works well? Probably can't afford it :("

queticogirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I love Toviaz thank you Pfizer for your discount. I take Aciberry for constipation and Biotin for dry mouth. I tried other meds they were not as effective as Toviaz. I reccommend Toviaz to all. Thank you again Pfizer"

cowboy Pat (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I used Toviaz for 10 days and its side effects started to be unbearable. So i had to give it up.. Maybe if i would continue to use, it could show its true effects but dry mouth and dizziness made me very bad.."

Han Ci (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Side effects after only one (8mg) dose are impossible to live with. Increased urgency to urinate, difficulty starting urine stream, headache, dizziness, dry mouth, nausea. I will never take it again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Significantly reduces my overactive bladder symptoms---very satisfied with it. I find that the two main side effects can be neutralized with Alfuzosin (for reduced urine flow) and Metamucil wafers (for constipation). Dry mouth occasionally occurs but is no big problem for me and can be treated by--you guessed it---sips of water. The only issue is the expense--I'm on a Medicare Advantage program and this one drug pushes me into the "doughnut hole" of increased co-pays during the last 3 months of the year. But what can I say?---you pay for your thrills! Does anyone know when this drug will go generic?"

HSP August 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Beware, been on it for almost 3 yrs. Worked great on bladder but has so many side effects. Now my stomach doesn't work properly and I suffer from severe constipation and severe nausea. I finally decided i'd rather be in diapers than go through what is happening. These are just two of the side effects but it took me a long time to figure that Toviaz was the problem. Been off Toviaz for almost one week now and nausea is decreasing and I pray my gastroparesis will get better."

Aunt Jan May 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "This medication was/is a God send for me. Before taking it I would wake up 6 to 9 times a night to empty my bladder (and there was hardly anything there). During the day I would have an urge to go & did not quite make it to the toilet at least 1 time a day if not more. With the medication I might get up once during the night and that awful "you have to go NOW" urgency is gone during the day!! It has made a vast improvement in my life - physically as well as emotionally (not worring where the bathroom is no matter where you are). I would agree that this is an expensive medication. I decided to go on-line, found Tovias & the manufacturer & then filled out the forms for a significant discount!! They now pick up almost 100% of the cost!"

#1 farm girl November 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence "50.00 out of pocket for nightmares, Dizziness. Constipation, Weight Gain. Yes it works, but I just do not like the side effects."

Smf31415 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I was prescribed welbutrin for depression, that in turn has a side effect of overactive bladder which I was prescribed Toviaz for. the Toviaz DID stop the pain and overactive-ness of my bladder at night, however I also now have some pretty serious relentless heartburn that I can not get rid of from taking the Toviaz for only 2 days. I did not buy a full prescript, my doctor gave me a sample pack for 1 week, but I can not continue, the heartburn is too horrible, and NOTHING is taking it away. I am also very constipated from it so I am stopping the Toviaz and reducing the dosage of the welbutrin. HOPEFULLY this will help!! It really sucks getting pills that help with this yet you got to take more pills to counter act the side effects and it just seems to snowball."

Fed Up Sherrie (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Effective. Got Pfizer discount coupon (no longer available), which made it affordable at 15-25 Dollars a month. Will ask the doctor for an affordable alternative, though I would have liked to continue with it."

Sui July 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Works Great, but too expensive for me !"

Yancy76 April 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I have been taking this medicine for 3 weeks now and have found it definitely works. Tried Vesicare before this but had no luck. Only problem I have though is my appetite has increased a lot & I'm finding it hard not to eat too much! So weight gain is a side effect for me, also had sudden hair growth on my hips. I'm a very unhairy person who only has to shave my legs about 4 times a year yet suddenly after starting this medicine I have had black thick hair coming through with a rash in uncommon places. Think I may Have to stop this medicine if it continues."

Spongebob2089 January 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Been on this medicine for a while now and its been a God send. Tried Vesicare at first but that didn't work."

random123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "My urologist prescribed Toviaz 8mg timed release for symptoms of OAB (frequency, constant urge, etc.). I took it everyday for 25 days. I noticed a very small difference in frequency during the night, but nothing major. In the morning, I would actually have a stronger urge than before. After about 2 weeks on it, I started to feel very dizzy. I thought it was a cold or a migraine and kept taking the medication. After about a week of extreme dizziness and feeling slightly nauseous because of it, I realized it must have been the Toviaz. I stopped taking it and the dizziness passed within 24 hours. Also my mind cleared and I realized I had major brain fog on it. No other side effects though. Just not worth it for me. Perhaps I'll try again later"

Nat Puma (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Toviaz really helped control bladder but I, personally, experienced extreme dry throat and mouth constantly to the point of dehydration and was always freezing cold which is very unusual for me. I drank tons of water and unsweet tea, neither helped. Finally I gave up taking it and my hydration returned to normal. I think I will go back to my oxybutynin until I see my MD for a different med."

Samsung Gal (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I had tried just about every other medication out there, but none of them worked well for me. Then tried the 4mg Toviaz sample, which helped some but didn't stop the problem. The 8mg Toviaz has been a life saver! It completely stopped my overactive bladder symptoms. It does cause dry mouth, and after around 3 weeks on it, I'll start to get a little hoarse. If I stop taking it over a weekend, by Monday, the hoarseness has subsided and I can start taking it again. It does cause dry mouth, and I have to be careful about constipation. But it works! Now if I can just get my insurance company to cover it."

BamaGirl67 August 19, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I was given the 8mg sample to try for overactive bladder. I took it one day and had a constant urge to urinate all day and night. I tried to urinate about every 15 minutes and very little came. Didn't take it for 10 days. Tried again with the same result. "

toviazisnotforme (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "My 10 year old daughter with spina bifida uses it. the main thing that we have noticed is the dry mouth. Her lips are cracked but we apply Carmex and increase fluid intake, because the benefits out way the risks. A satisfied customer. "

nu nu (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Works great for the urinary problem but created a whole lot of other issues. Severe weight gain, anxiety(moody), constipation, etc. Taking 4 mg every other day I was up to 1 to 2 hours but still had issues. Up it to 4 mg daily is when I really noticed the above. Not a good fit for me."

BAD BLADDER January 7, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "I also started with an 8mg sample from my doctor for overactive bladder. I felt relief from the pressure within a couple of days. But several weeks ago I started feeling extremely nauseous. So much that I have difficulty getting through my work day. I also became extremely constipated. It seems like most of these medications have the same side effects. I will probably stop the Toviaz and get my life back."

Anonymous December 12, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Did not work for me at all. Out of the several Overactive bladder medicines I have tried, this one was the worst for me. In fact, it made my symptoms worse. Urgency, accidents, pain and frequency all grew worse and within a matter of days I was back wearing disposable briefs because I had very little bladder control. Once I stopped it and switched to Sanctura, things improved."

Anonymous June 9, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder "Update from August 2011: This medicine gave me back my life! I take one 8mg. tablet every morning and I feel like a normal woman again. No more worrying about finding a bathroom every place I go to. Only side effect I experience is a dry mouth sometimes. It is a very costly medication unfortunately but the results could not be better. Highly recommend trying it. It literally changed my life for the better!"

MRSDJMCW February 23, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence "I was put on Toviaz after a serious back injury caused nerve damage to my bladder. At first I was getting 5-6 hours sleep a night when first prescribed the 4mg but I'm back to waking at least twice and it's awful sitting on the toilet, having the urge to go but not being able to produce anything without going through the rigmarole of putting on taps, kneading my bladder etc. I suffered the dry mouth but after 10 weeks use it seems to be subsiding. The other thing I have notice ( hard not to!!) is the severe weight gain... 11lbs in 2 months!! I have reduced mobility with the back injury so it would be difficult for me to continue on Toviaz and not be able to lose the extra pounds. I've been on Oxybutnin and Vesicare, both with side effects."

Lola's Mummy February 13, 2012