User Reviews for Toviaz

Urinary Incontinence 6.3
Urinary Frequency 5.1

Reviews for Toviaz

Person · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG!!! It is horrible the side affects are horrible and it does not work at all this should not be available for usage”

Daisy · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “I have been suffering with incontinence, continuing to get worse over the past 10 years, which was about the same time I have had severe Fibromyalgia (which was confirmed by a doctor specialist in East Canton, Ohio). Should I leave the my house, (rarely), My bladder will begin to leak when I am about 2 houses away. At home when faucet is turned on or the toilet flushes, I leak so badly I fill my #5 Poise pad completely. Life is not great. Two months ago my the specialist recommend I try Toviaz. He gave me a 3 week sample. It worked right away! Yes, I had dry mouth, which I started treating with biotene dry mouth rinse. It worked wonders! l I took the script called in by dr. but was shocked & saddened that my Medicare & supp.insurance left me the obligation of $350.00 out-of-pocket. I've been searching for a coupon, or something that would allow me to purchase this drug. Otherwise it is not possible that I purchase it. Any ideas how I might go about securing it.”

Tug · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “I have been on this drug Toviaz for a few days now for OAB . I was peeing many times a day and knew where every bathroom was in the city. I am taking 4mg every 12 hours. This drug worked immediately on me, last night I slept 6.5 hours without having to get up. I haven't done that in 30 years. Yes I have a dry mouth but who cares if the drug works, I do find it takes a while to start the flow when peeing but I am planning on trying different dosages. So far it have been a real game charger in my life.”

Director · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “Been suffering from OAB for 3 years now. Toviaz seemed to work fine, I stopped it and then restarted it again and now when I take it I can't pee normally like I never empty my bladder. Don't know if it's just at first and then it gets better. Gonna give it another shot.”

Okie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “Wow. I've been reading these reviews. I've been on Toviaz for 6 months. I started off with 4mg, now 8mg. I had colon cancer in 2017, radiation treatments, now my bladder only holds 6oz. Of urine, terrible. I can't tell you how every night I was soaked!!! Went thru sooo many incontinence products, crazy. It's no way to live. My Urologist put me on this when nothing else could b done. Perhaps Botox every 6 months, driving 2 hours. Anyway, Yes, there's dry mouth and etc but I found in time it lessened. I have no constipation. Low side effects, anyway, I'm smiling again. Headaches went away overtime. You're not going to get overnight success with this Med. Give it time. I was told at least 6 weeks to 2 months to notice. Yes, it's expensive but I'm not crying anymore. I will be on this rest of my life. :)”

PR · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “On Toviaz almost 2 weeks, had sharp pain on left side around top of breast and terrible belching and burping then headaches that I never get and neck pain felt terrible and new something was not right went to have a EKG done on heart looked good, looked online and saw the severe side effects of Toviaz I stopped immediately and within a day or two I was feeling almost back to normal”

Patches · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “Was on Toviaz 4 mg for almost 2 weeks, the 4th day I had sharp pains on the left side of my chest, extreme belching/burping, scared me couldn’t sleep, went to doctor to have EKG done and check my heart, came back ok so Doc said probably acid reflex then started have headaches everyday and neck pain, which I never get headaches , looked online at side effects of Toviaz, and the rare effects sounded just like my symptoms so I quit and in 2 days no pains, very little burping, and headaches are better, still have neck pain but is less so I’m thinking it was the Toviaz”

Ange · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 23, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “I started taking Toviaz and I couldn’t stop coughing and my mouth was so dry. Horrible side effects. Came off of the Toviaz and no coughing or dry mouth.”

Winemaker · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “Been on this drug for three weeks has not helped one bit.”

dragonflies · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “I have been on Toviaz since before Christmas for incontinence problems. I was anxious to try it because I tried 2 other medications which did absolutely nothing to at all. I have to be honest and say I do not believe Toviaz is not working for me. I get up once or twice during the night and my adult diaper is so full, my nightgown is wet, and my pee pad on the bed is wet. I change my diaper, nightgown and pee pad, go back to bed and two or three hours later, I am up again changing. I have to wear a Poise #6 pad all day long, having to change at least 3 times per day. I am a pensioner who is having great difficulty paying for the pads & diapers. I cannot get any financial assistance for these. I wish so much that Pfizer could please come with better medication than Toviaz. I am at my wits ends and only see one way out of this horrible situation I am. No one, absolutely no, understands how devastating this condition really is. Because of it, I rarely leave the house.”

Wrinkle2 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 12, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “I have suffered urinary incontinence for quite a few years, but have been taking Toviaz for over 5 years and it has certainly helped me. It has changed my life and I have not suffered any bad side effects. But then perhaps I have been lucky. As far as dry mouth is concerned, I suffer from Sjögren Syndrome and a dry mouth is part of that condition.”

Jude · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “This drug worked pretty good except for the side effects. I was on 4 mg. I had the take it before bed because it made so sleepy. The dry mouth I could handle. But I walked around in a fog all day and gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks !! I hate to come off it because running water at the sink doesn’t make pee anymore lol. I actually have remind myself to go or I don’t go all day. ”

Mrs Mop · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “Had to come off Toviaz due to side effects. Referred to Consultant and she has represcribed again to work in conjunction with another ‘wee stopper’. Headaches back again! Not sure that Consultant listened to me when I reported initial side effects? Will persevere for a fortnight but again, I do not want to take this medication for the rest of my life.”

Nurse Rainy · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: “I have a history of having to go NOW when I first feel the urge to urinate. Also I'm the same as another patient who said, when her mind sees the toilet she can't wait to pull her pants down to sit. She had to go right away. I'm the same way. Its strange. But I've been put on Toviaz 8mg for about 2 weeks. Day one I didn't think I could handle the dry mouth but it's gotten better. The only thing that concerns me is I'm on a low carb diet and was losing wait till I started Toviaz. Now my weight had gone up a little and can't seem to get it back down. Other wise this drug is awesome! It works great for me. I would recommend it!”

Yaya · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “I started Toviaz about a week ago and it doesn’t seem to be working. I wake up every night about 3-4 times to use the toilet. It gives me horrible headaches and dry eyes and mouth.”

Mrs Mop · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “Started on Tobiaz 4mg three weeks ago. Side effects appear to be headaches and dry mouth. The drug is helping and I am managing better but not too happy at thought of taking this for rest of life (I’m only 63). Asked GP for alternatives, do not want the TVT (a sling surgery procedure) operation!”

cj · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “This medication hasn't helped with my bladder spasm. I have taken for a week and had spasms every night from 11 pm-4 am. Also dry mouth is a side affect.”

Cate · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “Not sure I'm taking Toviaz for the right condition. My bladder doesn't seem to empty fully and it's a pain. I've been taking this at 8mg for about a month and don't notice a change at all”

giron144 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: “Side effects so far constipation, I'm weak and more bleeding while urinating”

Jenny83940428 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 2, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “I have been taking toviaz for a good five years. The dry mouth is a pain but I really felt the need to share the following experience with you. Prior to taking toviaz, I would frequently have a dream that I was on the toilet urinating. When this was happening in my dream I would be wetting the bed in real life. As a young woman in my 20s this was not acceptable to me. Since taking toviaz I have not had one wet night. Last night, I dreamt that I was using quite a few toilets, but I woke dry (dying for a wee but dry!). This drug is amazing.”

Suz · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “Med works great..was so hopeful for normalcy in my life again, but the incredible dryness in my throat and nasal cavities led to coughing, choking and gasping for air through the nite...horrible”

Skrina · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “I was prescribed Toviaz for overactive bladder. I was going through 3-4 heavy pads almost every day. Since I started taking it, my urinary output is decreased, I have hardly any leakage but the dry mouth is unbearable and it has elevated my blood pressure so high my doctor increased my meds. I have blurred vision and I’m so jittery inside and I can feel my heart pounding. I’m done with Toviaz. The side effects aren’t worth it!”

James Bond 334 February 11, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “Worked great for 2 years. The dry mouth did pass and I could go out with friends for a beer and have a coffee!!!!! But for some reason it stopped working. Now on oxybutynin colored 5 mg. Been take that for 3 days so far isn't working . There goes my social life again”

TeddyJynx · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: “I started Toviaz 4 mg about a month ago. It seemed to work a lot better than the other medications but caused severe dry mouth. With time, the dry mouth subsided but then I started the 8 mg dose. I have been on it for about a month and I find I have dry mouth and insomnia but the medication works so well I am going to see if side effects improve with a little more time.”

Kcsmiley37 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 6, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “I've been taking 8mg Toviaz for several years now. Dry mouth, constipation, dizziness and initially nausea have been side effects. I've had weight gain but being on other meds, I'm not sure if Toviaz has been a contributing factor for the weight gain. Toviaz has worked very well for my overactive bladder until recently, when I began taking Primidone for tremors. I will discuss this with my doctors to see if Primidone may be causing the Toviaz to be less effective. Also, even with my health insurance, Toviaz is very expensive. Talk with your doctor; weigh the pros/cons for yourself to decide if it's worth taking. I have to say it's been worth it for me. Instead of getting up 4-6 times during night to urinate, I may get up 1 time while on it”