User Reviews for Toviaz to treat Urinary Frequency

Toviaz has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 51 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Frequency. 27% of those users who reviewed Toviaz reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Toviaz Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Frequency.

Reviews for Toviaz

Bee gee · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 8, 2021

“I take toviaz for 2 years now. It really helps with bladder urgency. The side effects I get are weight gain, slight vision impairment and extreme dry mouth. Noting help for dry mouth. I have sipped water and use biotin. By far the extreme dry mouth is the worst. Considering the alternative, I will stay on toviaz. But I wish I could get rid of the extreme dry mouth.”

NedSumSleep · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2020

“70 yr old male with OAB. Taking no other prescriptions, with no other health issues or symptoms. After having no improvement on Myrbetriq 25 mg for 3 months and 50 mg for another 3 months, was switched to Toviaz 4 mg. Frequency of every 2 hours day and night remained UNCHANGED. But, developed several nasty side effects within the first 3 days including: Urinary retention; Bladder pain; Slow to begin stream; Reduced flow-rate; Several starts & stops ending in long dribbling. Stopped taking it after 10 days. It took another 10 days for all side effects to go away. Will begin oxybutynin 5 mg. shortly.”

PJ · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2020

“Unknown (frequently needing to void my bladder and most of didn’t thinking I was getting a bladder infection.) I have read a few of these reviews saying it worked immediately for you I’m not finding that I’m up a lot in the night to go to the bathroom and I don’t feel like my bladder is emptying properly. Has it taken longer for some people than just three or four days I guess it is?”

Tug · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2020

“I have been on this drug Toviaz for a few days now for OAB . I was peeing many times a day and knew where every bathroom was in the city. I am taking 4mg every 12 hours. This drug worked immediately on me, last night I slept 6.5 hours without having to get up. I haven't done that in 30 years. Yes I have a dry mouth but who cares if the drug works, I do find it takes a while to start the flow when peeing but I am planning on trying different dosages. So far it have been a real game charger in my life.”

#1 farm girl November 21, 2015

“This medication was/is a God send for me. Before taking it I would wake up 6 to 9 times a night to empty my bladder (and there was hardly anything there). During the day I would have an urge to go & did not quite make it to the toilet at least 1 time a day if not more. With the medication I might get up once during the night and that awful "you have to go NOW" urgency is gone during the day!! It has made a vast improvement in my life - physically as well as emotionally (not worring where the bathroom is no matter where you are). I would agree that this is an expensive medication. I decided to go on-line, found Tovias & the manufacturer & then filled out the forms for a significant discount!! They now pick up almost 100% of the cost!”

MRSDJMCW February 23, 2012

“Update from August 2011: This medicine gave me back my life! I take one 8mg. tablet every morning and I feel like a normal woman again. No more worrying about finding a bathroom every place I go to. Only side effect I experience is a dry mouth sometimes. It is a very costly medication unfortunately but the results could not be better. Highly recommend trying it. It literally changed my life for the better!”

Jenny83940428 · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 2, 2018

“I have been taking toviaz for a good five years. The dry mouth is a pain but I really felt the need to share the following experience with you. Prior to taking toviaz, I would frequently have a dream that I was on the toilet urinating. When this was happening in my dream I would be wetting the bed in real life. As a young woman in my 20s this was not acceptable to me. Since taking toviaz I have not had one wet night. Last night, I dreamt that I was using quite a few toilets, but I woke dry (dying for a wee but dry!). This drug is amazing.”

Nat Puma · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2013

“My urologist prescribed Toviaz 8mg timed release for symptoms of OAB (frequency, constant urge, etc.). I took it everyday for 25 days. I noticed a very small difference in frequency during the night, but nothing major. In the morning, I would actually have a stronger urge than before. After about 2 weeks on it, I started to feel very dizzy. I thought it was a cold or a migraine and kept taking the medication. After about a week of extreme dizziness and feeling slightly nauseous because of it, I realized it must have been the Toviaz. I stopped taking it and the dizziness passed within 24 hours. Also my mind cleared and I realized I had major brain fog on it. No other side effects though. Just not worth it for me. Perhaps I'll try again later”

HSP August 18, 2016

“Significantly reduces my overactive bladder symptoms---very satisfied with it. I find that the two main side effects can be neutralized with Alfuzosin (for reduced urine flow) and Metamucil wafers (for constipation). Dry mouth occasionally occurs but is no big problem for me and can be treated by--you guessed it---sips of water. The only issue is the expense--I'm on a Medicare Advantage program and this one drug pushes me into the "doughnut hole" of increased co-pays during the last 3 months of the year. But what can I say?---you pay for your thrills! Does anyone know when this drug will go generic?”

Aunt Jan May 11, 2016

“Beware, been on it for almost 3 yrs. Worked great on bladder but has so many side effects. Now my stomach doesn't work properly and I suffer from severe constipation and severe nausea. I finally decided i'd rather be in diapers than go through what is happening. These are just two of the side effects but it took me a long time to figure that Toviaz was the problem. Been off Toviaz for almost one week now and nausea is decreasing and I pray my gastroparesis will get better.”

BamaGirl67 August 19, 2013

“I had tried just about every other medication out there, but none of them worked well for me. Then tried the 4mg Toviaz sample, which helped some but didn't stop the problem. The 8mg Toviaz has been a life saver! It completely stopped my overactive bladder symptoms. It does cause dry mouth, and after around 3 weeks on it, I'll start to get a little hoarse. If I stop taking it over a weekend, by Monday, the hoarseness has subsided and I can start taking it again. It does cause dry mouth, and I have to be careful about constipation. But it works! Now if I can just get my insurance company to cover it.”

toviazisnotforme · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2013

“I was given the 8mg sample to try for overactive bladder. I took it one day and had a constant urge to urinate all day and night. I tried to urinate about every 15 minutes and very little came. Didn't take it for 10 days. Tried again with the same result. ”

Spongebob2089 January 4, 2014

“I have been taking this medicine for 3 weeks now and have found it definitely works. Tried Vesicare before this but had no luck. Only problem I have though is my appetite has increased a lot & I'm finding it hard not to eat too much! So weight gain is a side effect for me, also had sudden hair growth on my hips. I'm a very unhairy person who only has to shave my legs about 4 times a year yet suddenly after starting this medicine I have had black thick hair coming through with a rash in uncommon places. Think I may Have to stop this medicine if it continues.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2016

“Side effects after only one (8mg) dose are impossible to live with. Increased urgency to urinate, difficulty starting urine stream, headache, dizziness, dry mouth, nausea. I will never take it again.”

Anonymous June 9, 2012

“Did not work for me at all. Out of the several Overactive bladder medicines I have tried, this one was the worst for me. In fact, it made my symptoms worse. Urgency, accidents, pain and frequency all grew worse and within a matter of days I was back wearing disposable briefs because I had very little bladder control. Once I stopped it and switched to Sanctura, things improved.”

Anonymous June 20, 2010

“My doctor gave me the 14 day sample pack of Toviaz (4mg). By the second day, I could tell it was working. (Less trips to the bathroom). The third and fourth day I experienced some blurred vision, lasting for 30 to 60 minutes at a time. Since then I have not had blurred vision. I have been taking Toviaz for a month now and I am very happy that I don't have to look for a washroom everywhere I go. When I go out for walks I can stay out for over an hour without having to worry if I'll make it home in time! My only question at this time is could Toviaz be making me tired and if so, will the tiredness go away? Since I started taking it, I have been lacking energy. Otherwise, I like how the medicine works for me.”

Patches · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2019

“Was on Toviaz 4 mg for almost 2 weeks, the 4th day I had sharp pains on the left side of my chest, extreme belching/burping, scared me couldn’t sleep, went to doctor to have EKG done and check my heart, came back ok so Doc said probably acid reflex then started have headaches everyday and neck pain, which I never get headaches , looked online at side effects of Toviaz, and the rare effects sounded just like my symptoms so I quit and in 2 days no pains, very little burping, and headaches are better, still have neck pain but is less so I’m thinking it was the Toviaz”

Han Ci · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2016

“I used Toviaz for 10 days and its side effects started to be unbearable. So i had to give it up.. Maybe if i would continue to use, it could show its true effects but dry mouth and dizziness made me very bad..”

Kcsmiley37 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 6, 2017

“I've been taking 8mg Toviaz for several years now. Dry mouth, constipation, dizziness and initially nausea have been side effects. I've had weight gain but being on other meds, I'm not sure if Toviaz has been a contributing factor for the weight gain. Toviaz has worked very well for my overactive bladder until recently, when I began taking Primidone for tremors. I will discuss this with my doctors to see if Primidone may be causing the Toviaz to be less effective. Also, even with my health insurance, Toviaz is very expensive. Talk with your doctor; weigh the pros/cons for yourself to decide if it's worth taking. I have to say it's been worth it for me. Instead of getting up 4-6 times during night to urinate, I may get up 1 time while on it”

Jude · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2019

“This drug worked pretty good except for the side effects. I was on 4 mg. I had the take it before bed because it made so sleepy. The dry mouth I could handle. But I walked around in a fog all day and gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks !! I hate to come off it because running water at the sink doesn’t make pee anymore lol. I actually have remind myself to go or I don’t go all day. ”

mrsclams · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2017

“I only took this drug once and I was ill for 2 weeks! First day my throat was horribly dry and scratchy. Water did NOT help. Second day I lost my voice and it stayed gone for three days. The mucous in my throat became unbearable. Then came a throat infection that went to my ears and then it settled in my chest. Could not get rid of this! Two rounds of antibiotics and prednisone and its finally gone.I would NOT recommend this drug. Oh and by the way I haven't had a cold or flu for decades so that was NOT what I had.”

cowboy Pat · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 17, 2017

“I love Toviaz thank you Pfizer for your discount. I take Aciberry for constipation and Biotin for dry mouth. I tried other meds they were not as effective as Toviaz. I reccommend Toviaz to all. Thank you again Pfizer”

Anonymous December 12, 2012

“I also started with an 8mg sample from my doctor for overactive bladder. I felt relief from the pressure within a couple of days. But several weeks ago I started feeling extremely nauseous. So much that I have difficulty getting through my work day. I also became extremely constipated. It seems like most of these medications have the same side effects. I will probably stop the Toviaz and get my life back.”

LarryE September 18, 2010

“I started taking the 8mg dose of Toviaz about 2 weeks ago. Before I took the medicine, I was going to the bathroom to pee every 1/2 hour. No sleep at all. Toviaz changed my life, I now only go pee about 8 times a day. Toviaz has given back my life. It may not work for everyone, but it sure was a life saver to me!”

Skrina · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2018

“I was prescribed Toviaz for overactive bladder. I was going through 3-4 heavy pads almost every day. Since I started taking it, my urinary output is decreased, I have hardly any leakage but the dry mouth is unbearable and it has elevated my blood pressure so high my doctor increased my meds. I have blurred vision and I’m so jittery inside and I can feel my heart pounding. I’m done with Toviaz. The side effects aren’t worth it!”

BAD BLADDER January 7, 2013

“Works great for the urinary problem but created a whole lot of other issues. Severe weight gain, anxiety(moody), constipation, etc. Taking 4 mg every other day I was up to 1 to 2 hours but still had issues. Up it to 4 mg daily is when I really noticed the above. Not a good fit for me.”

Tiredoffeelingthisway December 28, 2011

“I was taking Toviaz 4mg and that wasn't working for my bladder pressure. I doubled the dose and had some relief but the pressure wasn't totally gone. I get severe dry mouth and constipated. I have also noticed weight gain. About 7 pounds in 3 months even with exercising.”

Director · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 18, 2020

“Been suffering from OAB for 3 years now. Toviaz seemed to work fine, I stopped it and then restarted it again and now when I take it I can't pee normally like I never empty my bladder. Don't know if it's just at first and then it gets better. Gonna give it another shot.”

Learn more about Urinary Frequency