User Reviews for Darifenacin

Also known as: Enablex

Darifenacin has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 25 ratings on Drugs.com. 28% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 24% reported a negative experience.

Urinary Frequency
6.4
Urinary Incontinence
Overactive Bladder
Summary of Darifenacin reviews 5.7 25 reviews

Reviews for Darifenacin

zahnermin · November 1, 2011

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “I have been taking this medication for I am guessing two years and have loved it. Not really had any side effects that I could think that were any big deal. Now all of a sudden about a week or two ago I can not go a day without an accident or a close call. I need to figure out something soon.”

Tricky lady · December 28, 2015

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “I was on vesicare for over a year and didn't feel much relief. When my Doctor changed me to Enablex I got immediate results without the annoying dry mouth symptoms. Been on this medication for 2 years and I love it!”

Laura Powell · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 11, 2013

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Took this medication for three months. It made me burn and raw, even alternating it to three times a week. Directions said not to cut, so I couldn't back down more. It seems the medication worked as far as the bladder symptoms but was unusable for me on a long term basis.”

deaddolly · Taken for less than 1 month · July 22, 2012

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “I'm on Day 3 and notice a big change. No more accidents in the morning on the way to the toilet! I am also on an estrogen cream called Estrace and have used that once. Time will tell if this really works: I was on Vesicare for a few weeks and got great results, then it began NOT to work and severe constipation made me stop taking it. I will be adding fiber to my diet and work to prevent the constipation before it takes me over again. Went to a urogynecologist this time. P.S There is a mint you can try for dry mouth. It has one side of it with a sticky ingredient that will stick to your mouth so you don't swallow it. It works!”

chirashi123 · Taken for less than 1 month · July 31, 2013

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Worked fine from day one. Stopped the urge for frequent trips to the bathroom. I have not had any symptoms of side effects such as swelling of feet or legs etc, Been taking daily 7.5mg. Only complaint is the very expensive cost.”

34 female canada · Taken for less than 1 month · December 7, 2016

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “I am on day 3 of 15mg of enablex and my symptoms have gotten worse. due to the dry mouth I am drinking more which is making me go to.the bathroom more than I already was. Did anyone else have this problem??”

L · Taken for 1 to 2 years · February 11, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “Been on it for about 2 years. It worked great for the first few months than I started getting all the side affects. Dry mouth, blurred vision, swelling, weight gain, dry eyes, headaches, and constipation. Since being off of it for 6 days, all the side effects are subsiding. The swelling in my face is going down. I’m going regularly now. Even lost a couple of pounds. I think I’ll stick to holistic approaches. Keagle exercise and being mindful of timing my water intake.”

Agape 777 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 17, 2020

For Overactive Bladder: “I was on Enablex before but I quit using it because my sleep was still disrupted. My Dr asked how I was sleeping without it and there was no difference. I'm on it now and considering quitting it again because it is not helping.”

Tomas Polach · Taken for less than 1 month · May 6, 2022

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “I've been using this medication for 2 weeks. So far it helped me with my incontinence, but as far as the urgency and tension in the bladder goes I see no improvement. I've been previously using Solifenacin and that particular drug helped me with the urgency and tension, but had no effect on the incontinence. Overall I prefer Solifenacin to Darifenacin (Enablex)”

weberd · January 10, 2011

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Works very well for me. Stopped not only the urgency, 24/7 leaking and spasms but also the aching in my back, lower abdomen and bladder.”

lindac222verizon.net · May 2, 2009

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Two doctors and a PA couldn't figure out my problem. Last doctor prescribed Enablex and it worked immediately. I have no side effects.”

Sunny Thomas · February 10, 2011

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “The constipation issue became a new job, also the medicine stopped working after a few months and the overactive bladder symptoms came back (leaks when sneezing, unexpected urgency, etc.)”

grny · April 23, 2011

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “It worked well, but after about two weeks my feet and legs started swelling terribly. So I had to stop taking it. After about 4 days all swelling was gone.”

abbypatch · August 24, 2010

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Was effective and liked it but it is expensive and can't afford it. I had no side effects.”

Anonymous · May 25, 2010

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “Fewer side effects than Ditropan and more effective than Detrol.”

;-( · July 8, 2009

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “The drug worked great however I could not use it for long as I was swelling very bad.”

blum · May 15, 2013

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “Constipation, dizziness, hallucinations while sleeping.”

Anonymous · December 2, 2011

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “The medicine worked well after the first two weeks but then I became very constipated, gained more than 10 lbs, blurry vision became an issue and had issues with nausea. ”

Anonymous · October 29, 2011

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “Helped with my incontinence, caused very bad swelling.”

Anonymous · January 11, 2011

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “7.5 mg dosage has done nothing for me. I think I should be trying the max dose of 15mg as I had taken the max dose 4mg of Detrol LA”

Maria · Taken for less than 1 month · January 26, 2020

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “It helps me not to pee so frequently but when I go to the toilet, it takes a lot of time for the pee to come out. Also I have been swelling a lot and I am also constipated.”

Mrs Zinn · January 28, 2009

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Good Information.”

29yearold · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · June 10, 2018

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Worked for a few days only but I've been taking it for 8 months. Dry mouth and constipation went away after week or two. However, I've gained 20lbs now and trying a different treatment.”

Nurseninja · Taken for less than 1 month · March 6, 2013

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Incontinence: “My father-in-law took this medication and it gave him alot of extra pyramidal movements and Tardive Dyskinesia.”

Gail · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 27, 2020

Enablex (darifenacin) for Urinary Frequency: “Enablex worked well for the first few days, but now I am leaking as much as before. Legs swelling and I certainly don’t need the weight gain!”