User Reviews for Trospium

Overactive Bladder
7.5

Summary of Trospium reviews 7.7 43 reviews

Reviews for Trospium

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "This medication seems to be working fairly well but I only started it last week. I reached a plateau with Vesicare which is fairly expensive. My biggest problem is constipation and tiredness. I am thinking about cutting down to one pill a day. If it doesn't work out I will go back to Vesicare. I am 64 years old female, and have had this problem over 30 years."

Irisch (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Only on medication a few days so will give it more time. So far I am constipated and find it difficult to wake up in the morning. Those are the only side effects I am experiencing so far."

Irisch (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "I am 80 years old and have been taking Trospium for 10 years with no problems. For relief of dry eye use saline eye drops. keep the dropper bottle near your bed and use as directed."

Lizard. May 3, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been on Sanctura, and then on the generic Trospium Cl 60 MG ER for about 10 years. It helps a lot with alleviating frequent urination, urge and stress incontinence, and nocturia (night-time urination.) I still have to get up once or twice at night, but not nearly the frequency of about 6 times per night before I started this medication in the Extended Release form. Only side effects have been a chronic dry throat and sometimes dry eyes. Now all my local pharmacies suddenly have it on back-order, which disturbs me. I am left with a one month supply because they could not fill my doctor's order for 90 day supply. It is supposed to come back soon, but it is worrisome that it may not. So I am now investigating alternative meds and also have enrolled in physical therapy for the pelvic floor which is supposed to help."

JuneRose (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 14, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I switched over from Ditropan to trospium for OAB. Better urinary control, but still have stress related leak or outright flow. I was willing to live with that, with some lifestyle changes but about 3 months into treatment, I began to have horrendous constipation. I drink gallons of water, eat barrels of whole oats, bushels of fruits and veggies and still....days and days of pain and feeling I'm about to explode! I'm going to have to wean off and find another way to deal with the bladder. It's as if since starting this med, I have "created a monster" inside me. And it doesn't want to leave easily."

FLAP (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "This medicine was a life saver for me! After nearly 20 years of running to the bathroom and dealing with leakage (frequency, urgency, and mixed incontinence) since my 20's, I am free! I tried every natural therapy I could, to no avail. I went under extensive testing years ago by a urologist only to be told there is nothing wrong with me. I tried eliminating foods, alcohol. I tried acupuncture. Various supplements. Alternative doctors. Nothing worked. Myrbetriq helped but made me extremely constipated. The only side affect I have with Trospium is minor dry throat but it is tolerable even as a teacher. I just keep some water or tea by me. I'm free!!"

Fixed! (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "I was on Trospium for less then a month and had ALL the side effects. The medication was great; I had no accidents and didn't have to get up during the night."

ShelleyBb56 January 30, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "6 years ago I started to experience frequent urination and was unable to put off going. Was prescribed various medication all of which failed to offer any respite. All tests came back clear. GP prescribed Trospium and took this for two years and it cut down on visits to the loo although the feeling never went away. 2 Years later Amitriptyline was added & the next 2 years passed with a bit of the edge taken off. Then advised to discontinue Amitriptyline & just use Trospium due to difficult and painful urination. Been advised I have Hypersensitive neuraligic bladder. Try to come off Trospium and prescribed Pregabalin, One week off Trospium & OAB symptoms such as burning, frequent urination all returned back on Trospium start Pregbalin tonight"

Red1892 November 17, 2017

For Urinary Incontinence: "I am in my 50’s and have been taking Trospium for a few weeks now. I am active in sports and for once in a very long time I can run with out the worry of embarrassment. I haven’t had any of the side affects that a few people experienced. As far as constipation goes I make sure I eat fiber of some sort daily to avoid that problem. I am very pleased with my results."

P. Smith November 5, 2017

For Overactive Bladder: "Side effect of dry mouth is extreme!"

Richard Nixon September 11, 2017

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Not really sure this drug is really helping. So neutral for effectiveness. Have taken drug now for 4 months. Am starting to wean off of it due to all the negative side effects. I would caution anyone thinking of taking this medication."

Lilsue (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

For Urinary Incontinence: "Been taking Trospium for 4 years and for most of that time worked well cutting down on visits to the toilet quite dramatically. However I am not sure of it's long term effect as for the last few months it seems that I am unable to empty my bladder properly, had all the usual tests and no answers have yet been found, not emptying is as bad as having to go regularly in my opinion"

Liverpool1892 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2016

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Worked well, but had to stop due to conscription, blurred vision, and energy."

Lee W. January 27, 2016

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Have been taking Trospium for 4 years, visits to the toilet have decreased to 5-6 visits in each 24 hr period. In my case it has not taking the feeling of needing to urinate away entirely but is more bearable and with will power and bladder training it has worked. Sometimes feels like I can't empty my bladder entirely but though this is frustrating it is not as bad as having to use the bathroom every hour or so"

Red1977 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2015

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "I am taking Spasmex for two weeks which is same as Sanctura (Trospium Chloride), I am feeling much better. I can tolerate all side effects except the fatigue and weakness that I am having in my legs. I cannot walk for a distance as I have to find a seat to rest my legs for a while. My doctor asked to reduce the dose but that did not help as my bladder turned overactive again. Now I am back with the same prescribed dose and will wait and see whether the side effects will go or I may ask to my Dr. to change the medicine if I couldn't tolerate my leg and muscle issue."

Moe Tara (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "This medicines side effect for me was really bad constipation. I was in and out the ER for constipation and not one doctor told me it could be this medicine. After getting off of it, it took me 9 long days to have a bowel movement but since getting off of it I am back to normal. This medicine never helped with my overactive bladder."

Kimberly fabiano October 13, 2014

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Incontinence: "Bladder infections, inability to urinate."

Nan69 September 25, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "This medication has changed my life, literally. As a hairdresser, it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to do more than one client at a time before having to rush off to the bathroom because the urge to go hit me so badly. The urge to go was almost always accompanied by pain, which made it very difficult to hold my urine on the way to the bathroom. During an 8 hr shift, I was going around 7 times everyday, and countless other times at home. At night I would typically go between 3-5 times, never fully getting any rest. Since starting this pill about 2 months ago, I go maybe once or twice in an 8 hr shift. When I go, I'm not in a tight. When I feel the urge to go, I can suppress it until I have the opportunity to go."

Benji0818 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2014

For Urinary Incontinence: "This pill has helped with leakage but the dry eyes and mouth have gotten worse. I have developed a thrush from the over dry mouth and think I'm going to have to go off this pill"

Smiledi July 22, 2014

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Incontinence: "My urologist prescribed this 3 years ago and gave me samples to try. It was amazing! It worked so well it seemed like magic. I am just thrilled with the results. While I still get up during the night, I don't have the worry of not getting to the bathroom before the urine drips down my leg. In addition, I don't get up as often, which gives me a much better quality sleep. During the day, my overactive bladder has calmed to the point where I feel normal! I'm so grateful to have this medicine. It has changed my life."

SaritaK (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2014

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "It did help a lot. I used it for several months until I just couldn't stand the dry, grainy eyes. I finally stopped it due to the eye problem."

juniperjones March 23, 2014

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "I had tried other medications for Overactive Bladder and nothing worked until Sanctura. It took a little over a month to start working but now my bladder feels completely normal! So thankful!"

Breanna Michelle March 19, 2014

For Urinary Incontinence: "I experienced dry mouth and a lack of taste. Foods had no taste and I found myself adding lots of salt."

jmny (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2014

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "No obvious side effects. Worked well, but insurance has stopped coverage."

thomas56 January 7, 2013

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Works great but no more coverage for this medicine, can't afford it."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2012