User Reviews for Trospium

Urinary Frequency 6.9
Summary of Trospium reviews 7.2 52 reviews

Reviews for Trospium

Lu · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “This worked wonderfully! Unfortunately, about the 4th day I noticed a bulge under both eyes. I said to myself: “wow, I really am getting old”. Then....by 1week, I had a full blown severe allergic attack just on one side of my face, red, hot and swollen. So disappointed because it did work for me and right away.”

Mayflower · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 12, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “Even faithfully doing my pelvic floor and other exercises to maintain my pelvic floor, 3 full term babies and many miscarriages plus hypermobility it’s a loosing battle. I was prescribed Trospium by urologist 15months ago. Was experiencing urgency when standing up from sitting, even a short time, as if my bladder plug had been pulled. This meant day and night I had no control over my bladder voiding, even just 12 metres from downstairs or upstairs toilets - from a damp leg from to sodden pad and clothes and a wet floor. Total confidence killer. Trospium has helped so much but the dry mouth side effect has been very difficult. I also find I now HAVE to push several times to empty my bladder for fear of UTI. If I miss just one day I void completely again.”

Shelly August 31, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I have been taking Trospium CL 60MG Capsules for over 20 years. You must take it an hour before you eat which I usually do in the morning before I eat breakfast. I think it works great. I have had some constipation but I eat a dark chocolate Milky Way Midnight mini bar every other day and that keep me regular. I am an 80 yr old female.”

madisonrenee17 · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I was really hoping this trospium would help me control overactive bladder especially at night, but instead it made it impossible for me to go and I would spent up to 30 minutes on the toilet unable to go. I also had severe blurry vision almost immediately. I do not recommend at all!”

H · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “Amazing drug!!!!! I have had incontinence my whole life. It was horrible and embarrassing. I would go through the thickest poise pads all day and night. No side effects on it. I love my life again!!!!!!!!! No running to the bathroom every half hour!”

Sweetpea · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “I was given this drug as a cheaper option for Vesicare. This drug did not work for me While I had no side effects, I had to start wearing pads because I had no control over my bladder. I contacted my pharmacist who is sending me the generic for Vesicare—Solifenacin Succinate”

Marissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2019

For Urinary Incontinence: “Trospium seriously has improved my life tenfold. I have MS and have been diagnosed with Detrusor sphincter dyssynergia (DSD) basically my sphincter spasms. I was incontinent, up 6-15 times at night, and miserable at 36 having to wear adult diapers. Now, mixed with self catheterization, I sleep ALL night with no interruption, can go with just a thin liner now (out of paranoia) and I have my life back. I am forever indebted to the urologist who suggested this medication!”

Adri · Taken for less than 1 month December 24, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “This medicine is horrible. I took it for OAB and it helped with the urgency and frequency but I got so constipated. I had to stop it. My constipation got so bad that I had to use a laxative that didn't work then an enema and that didn't work, I also had horrible stomach pain. After I stopped it took a few days and some laxatives to get regular.”

The bird · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 17, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “I have been using this meds for 6 months and find it’s not working. It may have helped very little in the beginning but as time goes by I find its not working as well as it did. I have no side effects but the drug is now not working anymore. Left a message with my Doctor office and was told I have to wait to get in. It’s now 10/17/18 and was told my doctor is booked until the end of December. Whatever happened to “do no harm” My doctor is in Suffolk County Long Island.”

Irisch · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2018

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Frequency: “This medication seems to be working fairly well but I only started it last week. I reached a plateau with Vesicare which is fairly expensive. My biggest problem is constipation and tiredness. I am thinking about cutting down to one pill a day. If it doesn't work out I will go back to Vesicare. I am 64 years old female, and have had this problem over 30 years.”

Irisch · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2018

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Frequency: “Only on medication a few days so will give it more time. So far I am constipated and find it difficult to wake up in the morning. Those are the only side effects I am experiencing so far.”

Lizard. May 3, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: “I am 80 years old and have been taking Trospium for 10 years with no problems. For relief of dry eye use saline eye drops. keep the dropper bottle near your bed and use as directed.”

JuneRose · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 14, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “I have been on Sanctura, and then on the generic Trospium Cl 60 MG ER for about 10 years. It helps a lot with alleviating frequent urination, urge and stress incontinence, and nocturia (night-time urination.) I still have to get up once or twice at night, but not nearly the frequency of about 6 times per night before I started this medication in the Extended Release form. Only side effects have been a chronic dry throat and sometimes dry eyes. Now all my local pharmacies suddenly have it on back-order, which disturbs me. I am left with a one month supply because they could not fill my doctor's order for 90 day supply. It is supposed to come back soon, but it is worrisome that it may not. So I am now investigating alternative meds and also have enrolled in physical therapy for the pelvic floor which is supposed to help.”

FLAP · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 15, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “I switched over from Ditropan to trospium for OAB. Better urinary control, but still have stress related leak or outright flow. I was willing to live with that, with some lifestyle changes but about 3 months into treatment, I began to have horrendous constipation. I drink gallons of water, eat barrels of whole oats, bushels of fruits and veggies and still....days and days of pain and feeling I'm about to explode! I'm going to have to wean off and find another way to deal with the bladder. It's as if since starting this med, I have "created a monster" inside me. And it doesn't want to leave easily.”

Fixed! · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: “This medicine was a life saver for me! After nearly 20 years of running to the bathroom and dealing with leakage (frequency, urgency, and mixed incontinence) since my 20's, I am free! I tried every natural therapy I could, to no avail. I went under extensive testing years ago by a urologist only to be told there is nothing wrong with me. I tried eliminating foods, alcohol. I tried acupuncture. Various supplements. Alternative doctors. Nothing worked. Myrbetriq helped but made me extremely constipated. The only side affect I have with Trospium is minor dry throat but it is tolerable even as a teacher. I just keep some water or tea by me. I'm free!!”

ShelleyBb56 January 30, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: “I was on Trospium for less then a month and had ALL the side effects. The medication was great; I had no accidents and didn't have to get up during the night.”

Red1892 November 17, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “6 years ago I started to experience frequent urination and was unable to put off going. Was prescribed various medication all of which failed to offer any respite. All tests came back clear. GP prescribed Trospium and took this for two years and it cut down on visits to the loo although the feeling never went away. 2 Years later Amitriptyline was added & the next 2 years passed with a bit of the edge taken off. Then advised to discontinue Amitriptyline & just use Trospium due to difficult and painful urination. Been advised I have Hypersensitive neuraligic bladder. Try to come off Trospium and prescribed Pregabalin, One week off Trospium & OAB symptoms such as burning, frequent urination all returned back on Trospium start Pregbalin tonight”

P. Smith November 5, 2017

For Urinary Incontinence: “I am in my 50’s and have been taking Trospium for a few weeks now. I am active in sports and for once in a very long time I can run with out the worry of embarrassment. I haven’t had any of the side affects that a few people experienced. As far as constipation goes I make sure I eat fiber of some sort daily to avoid that problem. I am very pleased with my results.”

Richard Nixon September 11, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “Side effect of dry mouth is extreme!”

Lilsue · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2017

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Urinary Frequency: “Not really sure this drug is really helping. So neutral for effectiveness. Have taken drug now for 4 months. Am starting to wean off of it due to all the negative side effects. I would caution anyone thinking of taking this medication.”

Liverpool1892 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 10, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence: “Been taking Trospium for 4 years and for most of that time worked well cutting down on visits to the toilet quite dramatically. However I am not sure of it's long term effect as for the last few months it seems that I am unable to empty my bladder properly, had all the usual tests and no answers have yet been found, not emptying is as bad as having to go regularly in my opinion”

Lee W. January 27, 2016

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Frequency: “Worked well, but had to stop due to conscription, blurred vision, and energy.”

Red1977 · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 26, 2015

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Frequency: “Have been taking Trospium for 4 years, visits to the toilet have decreased to 5-6 visits in each 24 hr period. In my case it has not taking the feeling of needing to urinate away entirely but is more bearable and with will power and bladder training it has worked. Sometimes feels like I can't empty my bladder entirely but though this is frustrating it is not as bad as having to use the bathroom every hour or so”

Moe Tara · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2015

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Frequency: “I am taking Spasmex for two weeks which is same as Sanctura (Trospium Chloride), I am feeling much better. I can tolerate all side effects except the fatigue and weakness that I am having in my legs. I cannot walk for a distance as I have to find a seat to rest my legs for a while. My doctor asked to reduce the dose but that did not help as my bladder turned overactive again. Now I am back with the same prescribed dose and will wait and see whether the side effects will go or I may ask to my Dr. to change the medicine if I couldn't tolerate my leg and muscle issue.”

Kimberly fabiano October 13, 2014

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Frequency: “This medicines side effect for me was really bad constipation. I was in and out the ER for constipation and not one doctor told me it could be this medicine. After getting off of it, it took me 9 long days to have a bowel movement but since getting off of it I am back to normal. This medicine never helped with my overactive bladder.”