User Reviews for Trospium

Also known as: Regurin, Sanctura, Sanctura XR

Learn more about Trospium.

Interstitial Cystitis 2 reviews 28 medications

Overactive Bladder 20 reviews 22 medications

7.7
Urinary Incontinence 10 reviews 49 medications

7.7
Summary of Trospium reviews 32 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Trospium

For Urinary Incontinence: "Been taking Trospium for 4 years and for most of that time worked well cutting down on visits to the toilet quite dramatically. However I am not sure of it's long term effect as for the last few months it seems that I am unable to empty my bladder properly, had all the usual tests and no answers have yet been found, not emptying is as bad as having to go regularly in my opinion"

Liverpool1892 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2016

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Worked well, but had to stop due to conscription, blurred vision, and energy."

Lee W. January 27, 2016

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Have been taking Trospium for 4 years, visits to the toilet have decreased to 5-6 visits in each 24 hr period. In my case it has not taking the feeling of needing to urinate away entirely but is more bearable and with will power and bladder training it has worked. Sometimes feels like I can't empty my bladder entirely but though this is frustrating it is not as bad as having to use the bathroom every hour or so"

Red1977 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2015

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "I am taking Spasmex for two weeks which is same as Sanctura (Trospium Chloride), I am feeling much better. I can tolerate all side effects except the fatigue and weakness that I am having in my legs. I cannot walk for a distance as I have to find a seat to rest my legs for a while. My doctor asked to reduce the dose but that did not help as my bladder turned overactive again. Now I am back with the same prescribed dose and will wait and see whether the side effects will go or I may ask to my Dr. to change the medicine if I couldn't tolerate my leg and muscle issue."

Moe Tara (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "This medicines side effect for me was really bad constipation. I was in and out the ER for constipation and not one doctor told me it could be this medicine. After getting off of it, it took me 9 long days to have a bowel movement but since getting off of it I am back to normal. This medicine never helped with my overactive bladder."

Kimberly fabiano October 13, 2014

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Incontinence: "Bladder infections, inability to urinate."

Nan69 September 25, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "This medication has changed my life, literally. As a hairdresser, it was becoming increasingly difficult for me to do more than one client at a time before having to rush off to the bathroom because the urge to go hit me so badly. The urge to go was almost always accompanied by pain, which made it very difficult to hold my urine on the way to the bathroom. During an 8 hr shift, I was going around 7 times everyday, and countless other times at home. At night I would typically go between 3-5 times, never fully getting any rest. Since starting this pill about 2 months ago, I go maybe once or twice in an 8 hr shift. When I go, I'm not in a tight. When I feel the urge to go, I can suppress it until I have the opportunity to go."

Benji0818 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2014

For Urinary Incontinence: "This pill has helped with leakage but the dry eyes and mouth have gotten worse. I have developed a thrush from the over dry mouth and think I'm going to have to go off this pill"

Smiledi July 22, 2014

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Incontinence: "My urologist prescribed this 3 years ago and gave me samples to try. It was amazing! It worked so well it seemed like magic. I am just thrilled with the results. While I still get up during the night, I don't have the worry of not getting to the bathroom before the urine drips down my leg. In addition, I don't get up as often, which gives me a much better quality sleep. During the day, my overactive bladder has calmed to the point where I feel normal! I'm so grateful to have this medicine. It has changed my life."

SaritaK (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2014

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "It did help a lot. I used it for several months until I just couldn't stand the dry, grainy eyes. I finally stopped it due to the eye problem."

juniperjones March 23, 2014

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "I had tried other medications for Overactive Bladder and nothing worked until Sanctura. It took a little over a month to start working but now my bladder feels completely normal! So thankful!"

Breanna Michelle March 19, 2014

For Urinary Incontinence: "I experienced dry mouth and a lack of taste. Foods had no taste and I found myself adding lots of salt."

jmny (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2014

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "No obvious side effects. Worked well, but insurance has stopped coverage."

thomas56 January 7, 2013

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Works great but no more coverage for this medicine, can't afford it."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2012

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "After trying Vesicare, Enablex and Gelnique, I was giving up. My doctor suggested trying this one...Sanctura. I saw results the very next day. I can not only sleep through the night, I am no longer running to get to the toilet in the morning. I've only been on it 5 days. No side effects yet. But I also take stool softeners. No dry mouth...no sleepiness. I also have given up caffeine at the same time I began this pill. Not sure if that helped as well, but I am now very happy!"

deaddolly (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2012

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Has worked very well for months but with recent recurrence of spasms. Never totally alleviated small amounts of leakage but made a huge difference. Possible breakthrough spasms are from caffeine intake (which is maybe 1 cup per day.)"

Anonymous January 20, 2012

For Overactive Bladder: "The trospium chloride has been fairly effective. The urologist had previously tried me on Enablex, which worked very well--my miracle. Unfortunately, it wasn't available at an affordable price on my Medicare plan, so we had to try something else. The trospium chloride has worked okay, but I still wake up in a panic in the night, and don't always make it to the toilet. (Very frustrating!) Just wish that there was a medication that was effective AND affordable!"

Sara K. November 18, 2011

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Wonderful - taking it for 2 weeks now, the 2nd day I could tell a significant difference. THANK YOU."

Anonymous June 30, 2011

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Urinary Incontinence: "Works well - much better success than with other medicines that I have taken for Overactive Bladder."

Anonymous June 10, 2011

Sanctura (trospium) for Urinary Incontinence: "Sanctura has given me freedom to be more than 10ft from the bathroom. An unexpected bonus is that it cleared up the last problems of my depression. I am free of suicidal thinking, able to be in crowds. So I am enjoying life more than I've ever had in the past."

jetwriter September 6, 2010

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been taking Sanctura for several months. It is very effective. I do have bad results with constipation. I did not take the symptoms of constipation seriously and needed help from the ER at the hospital to get relief. It is something almost all medicine stresses as a possibility, but for me it was a serious problem. I watch it more carefully now."

Anonymous August 16, 2010

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Interstitial Cystitis: "I have had interstitial cystitis my entire life. I had very painful periods and always felt uncomfortable. I started this wonderful medicine and the pain has stopped. I don't hurt anymore. Take as soon as you wake up 1 hour before you eat! Works best this way!"

MG from IND,MO July 28, 2010

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "It has been a tremendous improvement for me. Before the medication, I was unable to play in the yard with my children because of constant urges and frequent incontinence. Now (with the medication) I am training for my first 5K run. The urges are gone and I'm able to use the bathroom like a normal person. I don't have the fear of an accident like I did before. It's amazing!"

karenfio April 18, 2010

Sanctura XR (trospium) for Urinary Incontinence: "Difference between night and day."

Carmela999 April 13, 2010

Sanctura (trospium) for Overactive Bladder: "Did nothing for me. "

Anonymous August 31, 2009