User Reviews for Trospium to treat Urinary Incontinence

Trospium has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Incontinence. 63% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Trospium Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence.

Reviews for Trospium

SaritaK · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2014

Sanctura (trospium): “My urologist prescribed this 3 years ago and gave me samples to try. It was amazing! It worked so well it seemed like magic. I am just thrilled with the results. While I still get up during the night, I don't have the worry of not getting to the bathroom before the urine drips down my leg. In addition, I don't get up as often, which gives me a much better quality sleep. During the day, my overactive bladder has calmed to the point where I feel normal! I'm so grateful to have this medicine. It has changed my life.”

H · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

“Amazing drug!!!!! I have had incontinence my whole life. It was horrible and embarrassing. I would go through the thickest poise pads all day and night. No side effects on it. I love my life again!!!!!!!!! No running to the bathroom every half hour!”

Fixed! · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2018

“This medicine was a life saver for me! After nearly 20 years of running to the bathroom and dealing with leakage (frequency, urgency, and mixed incontinence) since my 20's, I am free! I tried every natural therapy I could, to no avail. I went under extensive testing years ago by a urologist only to be told there is nothing wrong with me. I tried eliminating foods, alcohol. I tried acupuncture. Various supplements. Alternative doctors. Nothing worked. Myrbetriq helped but made me extremely constipated. The only side affect I have with Trospium is minor dry throat but it is tolerable even as a teacher. I just keep some water or tea by me. I'm free!!”

Anonymous November 4, 2008

Sanctura (trospium): “I've been on this medicine for a few months. Before my biggest problem was waking up at night to pee but not having enough time to get to the bathroom before it started running down my leg. The Sanctura alleviated this problem, and I haven't experienced any negative side effects but it feels like it's harder to empty my bladder. It seems like my bladder is never really completely empty, but the Sanctura does help to eliminate "accidents." ”

Marissa · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2019

“Trospium seriously has improved my life tenfold. I have MS and have been diagnosed with Detrusor sphincter dyssynergia (DSD) basically my sphincter spasms. I was incontinent, up 6-15 times at night, and miserable at 36 having to wear adult diapers. Now, mixed with self catheterization, I sleep ALL night with no interruption, can go with just a thin liner now (out of paranoia) and I have my life back. I am forever indebted to the urologist who suggested this medication!”

jetwriter September 6, 2010

Sanctura (trospium): “Sanctura has given me freedom to be more than 10ft from the bathroom. An unexpected bonus is that it cleared up the last problems of my depression. I am free of suicidal thinking, able to be in crowds. So I am enjoying life more than I've ever had in the past.”

Lu · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

“This worked wonderfully! Unfortunately, about the 4th day I noticed a bulge under both eyes. I said to myself: “wow, I really am getting old”. Then....by 1week, I had a full blown severe allergic attack just on one side of my face, red, hot and swollen. So disappointed because it did work for me and right away.”

Sweetpea · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

“I was given this drug as a cheaper option for Vesicare. This drug did not work for me While I had no side effects, I had to start wearing pads because I had no control over my bladder. I contacted my pharmacist who is sending me the generic for Vesicare—Solifenacin Succinate”

Mayflower · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 12, 2020

“Even faithfully doing my pelvic floor and other exercises to maintain my pelvic floor, 3 full term babies and many miscarriages plus hypermobility it’s a loosing battle. I was prescribed Trospium by urologist 15months ago. Was experiencing urgency when standing up from sitting, even a short time, as if my bladder plug had been pulled. This meant day and night I had no control over my bladder voiding, even just 12 metres from downstairs or upstairs toilets - from a damp leg from to sodden pad and clothes and a wet floor. Total confidence killer. Trospium has helped so much but the dry mouth side effect has been very difficult. I also find I now HAVE to push several times to empty my bladder for fear of UTI. If I miss just one day I void completely again.”

Liverpool1892 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 10, 2016

“Been taking Trospium for 4 years and for most of that time worked well cutting down on visits to the toilet quite dramatically. However I am not sure of it's long term effect as for the last few months it seems that I am unable to empty my bladder properly, had all the usual tests and no answers have yet been found, not emptying is as bad as having to go regularly in my opinion”

P. Smith November 5, 2017

“I am in my 50’s and have been taking Trospium for a few weeks now. I am active in sports and for once in a very long time I can run with out the worry of embarrassment. I haven’t had any of the side affects that a few people experienced. As far as constipation goes I make sure I eat fiber of some sort daily to avoid that problem. I am very pleased with my results.”

Anonymous July 31, 2008

Sanctura XR (trospium): “It's working for me with no visible side effects to this date.”

Carmela999 April 13, 2010

Sanctura XR (trospium): “Difference between night and day.”

Anonymous June 10, 2011

Sanctura XR (trospium): “Works well - much better success than with other medicines that I have taken for Overactive Bladder.”

Lizard. May 3, 2018

“I am 80 years old and have been taking Trospium for 10 years with no problems. For relief of dry eye use saline eye drops. keep the dropper bottle near your bed and use as directed.”

Smiledi July 22, 2014

“This pill has helped with leakage but the dry eyes and mouth have gotten worse. I have developed a thrush from the over dry mouth and think I'm going to have to go off this pill”

ShelleyBb56 January 30, 2018

“I was on Trospium for less then a month and had ALL the side effects. The medication was great; I had no accidents and didn't have to get up during the night.”

jmny · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2014

“I experienced dry mouth and a lack of taste. Foods had no taste and I found myself adding lots of salt.”

Nan69 September 25, 2014

Sanctura (trospium): “Bladder infections, inability to urinate.”

Anonymous February 16, 2021

“I had a bad experience-bad constipation, dizzy, shortness if breath and then difficulty peeing. Not for me.”

Learn more about Urinary Incontinence