User Reviews for Mirabegron

Also known as: Myrbetriq

Learn more about Mirabegron.

Overactive Bladder 100 reviews 22 medications

5.8
Urinary Incontinence 26 reviews 49 medications

5.5
Summary of Mirabegron reviews 126 reviews 5.6

Reviews for Mirabegron

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Complete waste of money..causes headaches-insomnia-heart racing..more This drug should be taken off the market"

ashleymc August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I'm 20 years old and have had issues with my bladder for about a year now. This is the first medication I've taken and it has done nothing for me. Didn't get any side effects but didn't see any improvement in my frequency or urgency. Complete dud."

katieklu (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "Absolutely no improvement after taking it for two months, with sporadic palpitations and arrhythmias that made my doctor discontinue it. Back to Solifenacin which is much better"

mic2mic August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "It works most of the time. Very, very expensive. Has eaten up most of my drug coverage for the year. There got to be something less cost that works."

Limodave (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Severe headaches, edema of both feet, felt disoriented. All went away when I stopped taking the drug."

Oleg Molet (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "Expecting great things to happen. Now, almost 8 months in, there is no improvement at all. I'll save my $150/mo and buy more pads."

Jaletourneau (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I am 35 & have suffered from an overactive bladder & urethral inflammation for 19 years, voiding close to 20x during the night, & sometimes over 50x during a flare. I was prescribed medication for I.C for years, even though I insisted it was OAB. I took Amitriptyline that helped me sleep, but nothing that settled my bladder during the day, until I found mirabegron. Immediately the symptoms stopped and didn't have to void for over 3 hours, absolute heaven! I feel normal! My advice, don't let anyone misdiagnose you, research your symptoms and try process of elimination until you find something that works. Make sure you read what counteracts with this med, as it could cause side effects, eg alcohol and flu tablets 4 me, that increased frequency."

Previ June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "Tight chest, faster heart rate which caused insomnia and severe headaches. Have been taking this drug for nearly a month. No improvement in condition. STAY AWAY FROM IT. To my mind it is a dangerous drug."

Picsou (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "My urologist gave me this medication, as I am a 23 year old pain patient and ex addict that has switched from opiates to cannabis for my pain and anxiety/insomnia after checking my prostate, having ultrasounds and x-rays with repeated urinalisys' and finding nothing wrong other than my constant urge to urinate and high volume of urine excretion and slow drainage. I was started on 50mg mirabegron as soon as I saw him, it's now been 3 months since I started with still no improvement..in fact, I type this as I sit to struggle to empty my bladder. My pharmacist told me it only had a 20% success rate, and he also noted that placebo had its usual 10% success rate, and its $60 for 30 pills so.. I'm looking for something else."

SkinnyOFFO (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Started on 25 mg which didn't work. Taking 50 mg for 5 weeks no improvement. Need to find something else. Would not recommend."

Lucky Lucky Lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "Recently had a stent put in to widen urethra in order to have an operation on my kidney in a couple of weeks. Hospital prescribed me this advising it will relax the bladder and reduce the pain stent may cause. I followed the instructions and took 1 tablet in ten morning, usually around 8am. Didn't notice anything different until between 9pm-10pm when I was having uncontrollable spasms, keeling over in pain and felt like I was going through labour. The pains would last for a couple of hours or so. After a few days, I stopped taking the drug just to see what would happen. Behold, no labour pains. I cannot explain how painful it was when it occurred. Avoid this drug if you really don't need it, it's not worth it."

Lauren N (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "I was given a sample of this from my doctor 50mg. After about 16 hours the lower abdominal and groin pain became unbearable. Literally felt like I was having labor pains. This lasted for about 8 hours and I thought I was past the side effects. I am taking strong pain medicine for my neck but even that did not reduce the pain. The next morning I woke up with a lot of pain to my lower back and my joints hurt. It is now day 4 after taking 1 pill and my joints are still bothering me. I have been told that I am very sensitive to medication but I personally would not recommend trying this medication unless you have exhausted all other options. It also made my blood pressure skyrocket. The warning label definitely needs to be fixed."

Beth do not recommend this med May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "I have been feeling very bad for the last 3 weeks. I even went to the ER. I have had high BP, constant headache, shortness of breath, chest pains, rapid heartbeat and buzzing in my ears. It has not helped my bladder issues. Worst of all, none of the doctors I have seen, figured that out. Even after asking what all my medications are. When they kept telling me all was well, except for mildly high BP. So, each time I left feeling like I was going crazy or a hypochondriac. Then I started thinking, what drug have I started taking most recently. I looked it up and surprise......there were all my symptoms. Well, I have stopped taking this drug and will not recommend it to anyone......"

cynray (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Incontinence: "I had been going 1 year to women's physio & using a pelvic floor toner. At the end of it I was told I was doing the exercises completely wrong & there was no improvement. I felt in despair. I'm only 40 & I was having to wear incontinence pads, run to the bathroom in the morning (or I had an accident)& not being able to drink alcohol on a night out for fear of badly wetting myself. I felt like I was an old woman before my time. My husband was sympathetic but our sex life deteriorated as I felt a million miles from sexy. I was prescribed vesicare which had no impact & just gave me insomnia. Then I was prescribed Betmiga. What a miracle worker! Symptoms improved immediately & I have my life back. Taken for 2.5 months no side effects. Hope it continues"

Beccascribe (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Only interested in Men's experience. Just started taking it for nighttime Nocturia, issue. I did wake with headache after 2 days so will go until things get worse. Nighttime wake ups were pretty bad so I'm hoping side effects are tolerable. Worried my urination won't shut down"

Oldman:83 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "It is is totally ineffective for over-active bladder , spasms , and other related systems . I'm dropping it as a medication ."

mcgillihuddy March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "So far this medication works , some days I feel cured; other days are not so good. No bad side effects only insomnia , Now I take it in the morning 25 mg.,other than that I do not have complaints."

lala2886 March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "Myrbetriq works great I had no negative side effects. And it gave me my life back. Those who have incontinence know what I mean by giving me my life back. Only now I am unable to take it due the price. Which saddens me. Hopefully they will have a generic soon. So I can get back on it. I can only pray!!!!!"

Chris Teverbaugh March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I took one 50mg dose and woke a few hours later with serious chest pains, a bad chemical taste in my mouth and nose. I have no idea whether it changed the bladder problem and I will not touch it again."

old bill (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been taking Betmiga for 3 months now and haven't found it to work much. I'd say there has been an improvement in frequency, but it hasn't even touched my other symptoms at all. However I have found the side effects to be milder than previous medications I have tried (such as oxybutnin and regurin), but I have gotten UTIs roughly once a month whilst on this medication."

Dids18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "Started this drug ten days ago for OAB Syndrome . Now have urine retention grrr"

Korkyden February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "Started medication on Tuesday. Medication works great, solved bladder issue within 12 hours. However, I have gained a pound a day while taking med. I am on Weight Watchers maintenance for 18 months and gave stayed within 1 to 2 pounds of weight. I am up 5 pounds in 4 days. I am on low sodium and stay under 700mg of sodium a day. I count, measure or weigh everything put jn my body. Very concerned. Calling Dr. on Monday."

bilbeck January 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Been taking for 10 mths. I went from every 15 min. urges to (on average) 1.5-2.0 hrs. It's much better, yes. But even though, getting up 4-5 times a night is not ideal. Side effects: 2 nose bleeds so far after 6 mth mark. No big deal. Constipation, (can be taken care of with stool softeners, when needed) had dry mouth, but has subsided almost completely. During the few weeks of taking this medication symptoms seemed to get worse. But it got much better after 6-8 weeks. I take it at 6-7pm. Doesn't make me sleepy or keep me awake. I hope to God, there will be another drug in the near future that will be better than what's out there now, and hopefully less expensive."

Anonymous 50 yr. female (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "This is a miracle drug for me. I have spinal cord damage and I would pee my pants several times a day and had to use poise pads all the time . As a woman I was absolutely miserable because I never feel clean. I am so grateful to my physician for recommending this drug to me"

Eva Spiegel January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been taking this medication for about 2 months . First I took the 25mg it worked for a few weeks then stopped so I bumped it up to the 50mg it works but I'm going. It doesn't stop working like the 25mg did ....... due to the side effects I'm having I think I'm going to quit taking this medication ...... headaches , confusion , blurry vision , leg cramps , high blood pressure , rapid heart beating , dry mouth , anxiety , not sleeping if I take it at night , uti , chest tightness ......"

Fnb (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017