User Reviews for Mirabegron

Urinary Incontinence
4.7

Summary of Mirabegron reviews 5.4 158 reviews

Reviews for Mirabegron

For Urinary Incontinence: "Mirabegron made my incontinence worse"

Jack (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "This Myrbetriq caused diarrhea, ocular migraines, headaches, painful urination, and sharp pains in my bladder. I took it for a week and had to discontinue using these pills, the side effects were too intense, painful, and disturbing."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I started this drug March of 2017. It worked great. In Sept my hair started to come out in the shower and while combing it out after. It is now May 2018 and even though I stopped the drug in October the hair loss is still ongoing. I have Telogen effluvium (TE) hair loss which is the name for temporary hair loss due to some shock to the system. I typed in Mybetric and hair loss and whoa ......many panicked patients. I have lost more than 50% of my hair. Hair gets pushed into next stage. It doesn't happen till about 3...4...months after starting the drug. "

Farrah711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for : "(age 60 female) no other illinesses or meds Diagnosis: I.C. OAB (Interstitial cystitis, over active bladder) Symptoms: Severe burning in bladder, cramping, frequent urge to urinate. Never relieved of feeling I need to go. Worst days and nights were 40 times /day and 12 times at night. ugh First Urologist recommended Elmiron, was also taking 1x Oxybutinin 10 mg. After 4 months frequency decreased with first meds but not completely gone. Good days and bad days with no rhyme or reason. Diet doesn't seem to have any effect. New Urologist: Started Myrbetriq; (free 3 week sample) 50mg extended release, take every morning. First day I felt better....2nd day even better. Today is day 5 and I have no pain symptoms at all. Normal frequency. Haven't noticed side effects yet............praying this is the answer. Will post after another month or so. Will deal with insurance coverage $ after 3rd week if continue to tolerate and efficacy."

The Hair Lady (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "I took myrbetriq after a prostatectomy and after my catheter was removed (in for THREE weeks) to try to curb the "dribbles"...On the second day, I had to stop 4 times in 30 minutes to pee...And I'm not talking about a "little" pee, I'm talking about FILLING a red solo cup every time.( I was driving) It kept me up all night trotting back n forth to bathroom. This morning, I gained TWO belt notches on my belt. I'll bet I lost 3 or 4 pounds in water alone yesterday. Needless to day, I'm DONE with this med. At this rate, I'd be totally dehydrated in the next 2 days..."

Dragracer April 25, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Tried it for 7 weeks...then all went downhill, my pain was increased by 300% I DISCONTINUED it myself as I couldn't wait for doctor's approval It was (in the 7th week) the worst drug I ever took and with diabetes and RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and fibro that even high doses of (60mg 3x a day or more) did NOT work I am now on 45mg 3x a day and very comfortable at a 3.7 pain level from a 8.5+ Like I said if you start experiencing bad side effects...S T O P Thanks for reading. Ta taaaaa"

anickstairs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "So I’m on the lower dose once a day! Along with Detroit! My urologist prescribed me both of these because I need something to help stop going to the bathroom at night but also I don’t have trouble urinating. I used to take this medicine with the higher dose prescribed by a different urologist then I learned that you should start taking the lower dose first! There are nights I still go to the bathroom but most nights once or twice. This is helping me! But it’s going to take time !"

rseuffert83 April 11, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Began with Myrbetriq (25 grams once per day) about 3 years ago. IT WAS GREAT in the beginning. Gradually stopped working after 2 yrs later. My Dr upped me to 50mg per day for one month then dropped dosage to one 50 gram pill to every other day. Worked good again for a while but now after a year of this, it is not as effective - leakage & OAB is returning. For me, it was great at first, but not helpful for long term use. Issues: pulse higher, facial skin issues and leg cramps. One last option? Take 50 mgs daily?? I fear going this high......and insurance probably won't cover it due to cost. Is ridiculous!"

Also have leakage (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "Was taking Solifanicin which stopped working. Doc changed me to Mirabegron. Made me feel quite ill with dizziness and nausea. Made my BP fluctuate all over the place. Tried it in combination therapy with Solifanicin and it worked too well, ended up finding it very difficult to pee and got UTI. Took it for approx 8 weeks but the side effects were too bad."

Patgc (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "It made the frequency and urgency to urinate far worse! In addition it caused insomnia. All these affects are still with me even two weeks after stopping Myrbetriq. This is a horrible drug."

ehm (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "I have been taking this medication for several months with NO results."

waste of time (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I was diagnosed with overactive bladder and incomplete bladder emptying. It was noted that I had a rather small bladder. For incomplete bladder emptying I've been cathing. I tried several drugs prior to Myrbetriq with no effect (Other then side effects) The Myrbetriq / cath combo worked! No more frequent middle of the night treks to the bathroom *Plus the all the time all day long treks to the bathroom. The warning about watching your blood pressure when taking this drug is important. I have high blood pressure (Being treated) before this and I believe the Myrbetrig made it go up a bit so my BP meds have been adjusted. I would urge anyone with similar problems that can't find relief with the other drugs to give this one a try. I'm told it operates a different way so its worth giving a shot. Note: for being covered by insurance mine had to be informed that I had given other less expensive drugs an honest try first."

James186282 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "Been on them 72 hours. I was really really bad, running to the toilet up to about 80 times day and this medication so far has improved it so much. It has been the only medicine besides propiverine to make a difference to my lifestyle. With me being only 20 it makes a huge impact with me at school and going to the toilet because ive overactive bladder and interstitial cystitis . It relieves the pain as well. My urologist recommended these to me and I hope they continue to help me ."

Rach hempkin February 18, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I have on this med for less a month. it has decreased frequency greatly. was going 14-18 times a day, now 6-8. HOWEVER, dry eyes and blurred vision has become a real concern. I am having to use my reading glasses to see far. Very concerned..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I was given this medication 50 mg to help with leakage. It went from helping a little to making things worse quickly and now I am having problems with constant leaking and a poor stream. I would welcome my original problem!!!"

old man at 83 January 30, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "Been taking this drug for 5 wks now with high hopes that it will work, being a dog walker clients washrooms sure come in handy but takes a bite out of my time schedule, not to mention just getting into bed after doing my biz only having to get up again to go again. Driving to Quebec from Ontario last summer I made more pit stops to pee than the truck needed to get gas. I had to buy a Porta-potty at Canadian tire just so my vacation wouldn't be a total write off - with the advance medicine now-a-days you would think they would come up with something that works, I guess not in our lifetime....SAD!!!!!"

Chrisandi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been taking this drug for 6 weeks have still have leakage"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Since beginning of about December I have been getting up about 8 or 9 times a night to urinate (i.e increased frequency from about 5 times a night that it had been previously for several years). I have been on this drug for 3 weeks and no improvement (i.e. no reduction in frequency of urination). Hard to get an answer from my urologist of what to do now. Hard for me to believe that continuing to take it will help. Any thoughts?"

old75 January 22, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "I started taking this drug about a month ago. It seemed effective at first but now it is not working."

holditin January 7, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I may have only taken 1 dose of this medication but can not do the side effects. I couldn't sleep, it made my Restless Leg start up even thou I am on great medication for my RLS. The nausea, vomiting and awful taste in my mouth was so wrong that I refuse to take another. I was on Oxybutmin but after years of being on that it quit working so was put on Myrbetriq. Do not recommend this drug."

Cidpawn (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I have tried all the D drugs for urge incontinence. This was supposed to be the new miracle drug. Not only did it cost a criminal amount, it didn't work. I still had to wear pads, and still was getting up 2-3 times during the night. I see only a very slight difference not taking anything. The worst thing though is I have been left with side effects. I took it only 3 months and stopped because my nose dripped ALL the time and I became hoarse because of the post-nasal drip. Now, three months after my last dose, my nose is still dripping. I don't have allergies and this is a problem that started with the drug."

swampmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2017

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I was in constant pain caused by OAB spasms causing friction on bladder walls. Three days on this med almost completely stopped my pain. A month later, still nearly pain free but having frequent, daily headaches and calf cramps nearly every night (even with potassium supplements). Love the medication, not enjoying the stress effects."

Heather7940 December 1, 2017

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "This is the only prescription that has ever helped. The doctor gave me free samples, but now I can't afford to keep taking it. I have good insurance but it's still a $197 per month co-pay!"

Star44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

For Overactive Bladder: "I've always experienced frequent urination, particularly annoyingly at night. Recently it has coupled with nighttime anxiety to perpetuate sleep maintenance insomnia. I gave Oxybutinin a try, but the dry mouth was unbearable. Mirabergon however isn't any better in terms of side effects. After one day, I have a cold and headache, and am dealing with highly unpleasant urinary retention. I can't continue. I recommend stringent 3 to 4 hour fluid restriction prior to bedtime and Desmopressin for anyone dealing with nocturia. They will help at least a little. But the anxiety must be dealt with as well to fall back asleep upon awakening."

Cal Student (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I was on this for a month. Loved it. My symptoms went away immediately. Then after the sample dosage ran out my insurance refused to cover it. Tried other meds but none have worked. Would love to keep taking this but can't afford without insurance."

Lovedit October 18, 2017