User Reviews for Mirabegron

Urinary Incontinence
4.7

Summary of Mirabegron reviews 5.4 172 reviews

Reviews for Mirabegron

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I began having frequent trips to the bathroom at night 5 years ago. Bought a urinal bottle and still keep it on table next to my bed. Flo Max did not help. Urologist found I have a small bladder and injected it with Botox. Some relief initially, then frequency at night returned. He kept me on FloMax and added 25 mg Myrbetriq. No help. When he increased dosage to 50mg, I had some relief. But I still needed the urinal at night. Then I began having urine infections. Antibiotics cured them, but they became more frequent. Two months ago, I was taken to hospital unconscious. Diagnosed with sepsis and ER doc told my kids I had 50-50 chance of living. His opinion was the sepsis began with another urine infection (my fourth). The Myrbetriq website states this drug might cause these infections. I am stopping taking it right away."

Gene (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 14, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Had 5 kidney stones in 3 months and those events somehow changed my renal system and I developed overactive bladder (OAB). Was voiding 30-40 times a day. MD checked for infection multiple times over months - none present. I had multiple KUB xrays and CT scans done - all clear. The OAB was debilitating, it was hard to leave the house. MD gave me a months worth of Myrbetriq samples - 25mg. and 50mg. I started with the 25 mg. and it didn't do anything. I went to the 50mg. and it sort of worked, reducing my bathroom visits about 25% but I developed nonstop fatigue. I was exhausted day and night and was sleeping for 2-3 hours a day. I just quit the Myrbetriq and the fatigue has dissipated and the OAB has gotten better even after stopping the Mybetriq. In addition, my blood pressure increased from 115/75 to 130/90. I have no explanation for the OAB improvement off the drug and neither does my MD. Be careful with this drug and monitor your BP daily. This drug was not for me."

Hockeygoalie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "70 year old male. Was on Flomax then switched to Myrbetriq. Immediate relief from tremendous urgency and frequency issues. Noticed reduced flow so added Flomax back into the mix. Great combination. Concerned about BP problems and plan to speak with Uroligist to see if there's an option. Interesting that Myrbetriq increases BP and Flomax reduces it. In my case the Myrbetriq is winning the battle."

LeftyNorth (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I’ve been taking this for over a year. Started with 25 mg and no change, after 90 days up it to 50mg. It has helped somewhat with frequency but not the urgency. I have blurry vision (reason for stopping first time) and I feel it’s not as effective as it was several months ago. I am considering discontinuing using it. Even with insurance the copay is expensive."

Patti Kaake (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 3, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Doc gave me samples to get started. Bad side effects; nausea, slight loss of appetite, stomach cramping/griping, bloated and diarrhea. Stopped it after 8 pills. No telling what would happen if I continued. WON'T DO IT! Plus not covered fully by insurance. After $405 deductible (tier 3 drug class) still $69 a month which is still about $800 per year."

Frustrated (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Upon taking one pill for the first time I experienced a head ache, nausea, and sleepiness, dry mouth. Made me very sick will not take this drug again!!!"

De (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Myrbetriq has changed my life. It has allowed me to be more active without any side affects. I have been able to get samples from my doctors office but now am faced with paying a lot of money every month for it. I will probably have to change medication because I cannot afford it. Sad for me."

Jean (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "This made my incontinence much worse.......from just "diapers" to diapers and a pad. I finally decided to stop taking it and I have not had an "accident" in the past week."

MAS (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "This medicine has literally changed my life. I couldn't go anywhere without feeling like I had to go to the bathroom and needing to know where a bathroom was. I could go to the bathroom and not even minutes later, I had to go again. This has been a life changer for me. I no longer get up multiple times in the middle of the night and there's no longer a need to find out where a bathroom is immediately after leaving the house."

Masala (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "Mirabegron started to lessen OAB (overactive bladder) symptoms right away for me, although I had been doing the Kegel exercises for several weeks prior and continued while taking Mirabegron. OAB symptoms continued to lessen, but after two weeks, the tightness in the chest started, along with irregular heartbeat and subtle headache at times. Morning coffee really exacerbated symptoms. I didn't like the feeling at all, and stopped Mirabegron after a month. Relying on the pelvic floor muscles to take over."

gvw (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I been taking it for 6 month and have to get up every night every 1.5 hour ,I'm about to stop ,I don't get it very frustrated"

Beb (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "Its effective but also has high side effects like headache, back pain, bladder pain, itching...etc..so I just stopped the medicine with my doctor permission."

Ram June 16, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "Started on Myrbetriq 25 mg initially for incontinence after a stroke for about 5 weeks. No real change. Then Dr upped to 50 mg for another 4 weeks it helped night time incontinence and now seems to working, incontinence much better. Give it time."

Ed (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "It doesn't work. I still have to urinate 4 to 5 times per night"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: "Mirabegron made my incontinence worse"

Jack (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "This Myrbetriq caused diarrhea, ocular migraines, headaches, painful urination, and sharp pains in my bladder. I took it for a week and had to discontinue using these pills, the side effects were too intense, painful, and disturbing."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "I started this drug March of 2017. It worked great. In Sept my hair started to come out in the shower and while combing it out after. It is now May 2018 and even though I stopped the drug in October the hair loss is still ongoing. I have Telogen effluvium (TE) hair loss which is the name for temporary hair loss due to some shock to the system. I typed in Mybetric and hair loss and whoa ......many panicked patients. I have lost more than 50% of my hair. Hair gets pushed into next stage. It doesn't happen till about 3...4...months after starting the drug. "

Farrah711 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for : "(age 60 female) no other illinesses or meds Diagnosis: I.C. OAB (Interstitial cystitis, over active bladder) Symptoms: Severe burning in bladder, cramping, frequent urge to urinate. Never relieved of feeling I need to go. Worst days and nights were 40 times /day and 12 times at night. ugh First Urologist recommended Elmiron, was also taking 1x Oxybutinin 10 mg. After 4 months frequency decreased with first meds but not completely gone. Good days and bad days with no rhyme or reason. Diet doesn't seem to have any effect. New Urologist: Started Myrbetriq; (free 3 week sample) 50mg extended release, take every morning. First day I felt better....2nd day even better. Today is day 5 and I have no pain symptoms at all. Normal frequency. Haven't noticed side effects yet............praying this is the answer. Will post after another month or so. Will deal with insurance coverage $ after 3rd week if continue to tolerate and efficacy."

The Hair Lady (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "I took myrbetriq after a prostatectomy and after my catheter was removed (in for THREE weeks) to try to curb the "dribbles"...On the second day, I had to stop 4 times in 30 minutes to pee...And I'm not talking about a "little" pee, I'm talking about FILLING a red solo cup every time.( I was driving) It kept me up all night trotting back n forth to bathroom. This morning, I gained TWO belt notches on my belt. I'll bet I lost 3 or 4 pounds in water alone yesterday. Needless to day, I'm DONE with this med. At this rate, I'd be totally dehydrated in the next 2 days..."

Dragracer April 25, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Tried it for 7 weeks...then all went downhill, my pain was increased by 300% I DISCONTINUED it myself as I couldn't wait for doctor's approval It was (in the 7th week) the worst drug I ever took and with diabetes and RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and fibro that even high doses of (60mg 3x a day or more) did NOT work I am now on 45mg 3x a day and very comfortable at a 3.7 pain level from a 8.5+ Like I said if you start experiencing bad side effects...S T O P Thanks for reading. Ta taaaaa"

anickstairs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "So I’m on the lower dose once a day! Along with Detroit! My urologist prescribed me both of these because I need something to help stop going to the bathroom at night but also I don’t have trouble urinating. I used to take this medicine with the higher dose prescribed by a different urologist then I learned that you should start taking the lower dose first! There are nights I still go to the bathroom but most nights once or twice. This is helping me! But it’s going to take time !"

rseuffert83 April 11, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "Began with Myrbetriq (25 grams once per day) about 3 years ago. IT WAS GREAT in the beginning. Gradually stopped working after 2 yrs later. My Dr upped me to 50mg per day for one month then dropped dosage to one 50 gram pill to every other day. Worked good again for a while but now after a year of this, it is not as effective - leakage & OAB is returning. For me, it was great at first, but not helpful for long term use. Issues: pulse higher, facial skin issues and leg cramps. One last option? Take 50 mgs daily?? I fear going this high......and insurance probably won't cover it due to cost. Is ridiculous!"

Also have leakage (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "Was taking Solifanicin which stopped working. Doc changed me to Mirabegron. Made me feel quite ill with dizziness and nausea. Made my BP fluctuate all over the place. Tried it in combination therapy with Solifanicin and it worked too well, ended up finding it very difficult to pee and got UTI. Took it for approx 8 weeks but the side effects were too bad."

Patgc (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Overactive Bladder: "It made the frequency and urgency to urinate far worse! In addition it caused insomnia. All these affects are still with me even two weeks after stopping Myrbetriq. This is a horrible drug."

ehm (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

Myrbetriq (mirabegron) for Urinary Incontinence: "I have been taking this medication for several months with NO results."

waste of time (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2018