User Reviews for Tolterodine

Urinary Frequency   6.8
Urinary Incontinence   6.1

Reviews for Tolterodine

oabsufferer · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2021

For Urinary Frequency: “I've been taking the generic version of this drug for a few months now. I have got used to the dry mouth & eyes and it is only bad at night. I only notice a slight improvement in my symptoms though and I'm putting on weight really quickly. Anyone else have this happen? Normally my weight is fairly stable and since Xmas I've put on 5lbs.”

Pee February 10, 2021

For Urinary Frequency: “Work's great for me 11/2 year's now”

violablue2 · Taken for 10 years or more January 11, 2021

For Urinary Frequency: “I have taken tolterodine for quite a few years now, they have been very good at controlling my urgency although. They cause a dry mouth, nose lining and dry eyes at times. Before taking tolterodine I didn't snore and now I snore every time I fall asleep . Not very ladylike !!!!”

G · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2021

For Urinary Frequency: “First week of tolterodine was good except for the dry mouth and throat. But after that the dry mouth and throat got too bad for me to continue taking this. I would rather get up 2 to 3 times at night to the restroom.”

Smile · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “I’ve been on the meds for 6 days. Of course no relief since it takes 4 to 6 weeks. I did get dry mouth and constipation. This is because meds relax your bladder and intestinal muscles. You are supposed to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day to offset side effects. Defeats the purpose of meds:”

Bella September 27, 2020

Detrol (tolterodine) for Urinary Frequency: “Third day on Detrol it’s working beautifully. I have slept through the night for the first time in years. I went out yesterday without wearing a pad. My initial copay was going to be $300 for 90day supply I put in for a tier exception with my insurance co. And was approved for copay if $5 for 90 day supply. So I am thrilled. So far only side effect is slight dry mouth.”

Dollbott · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 10, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “I have been on tolterodine for years and love it. Before, I had lost the "urge" and notice and would constantly wet my goes as my bladder released fully. Now, I get the "urge", but I had better hurry to the restroom.”

Msb · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2020

For Urinary Incontinence: “I have been in this drug for a little over a month. However I am starting to get little rashes everywhere. They are like the size of a dime. Has anyone experienced this with taking this medicine?”

Morag March 20, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “The tolterodine tablets were great at first. No more latchkey incontinence. Am now on second month of taking them but I am so tired & without energy, nodding off at any time. I'm considering giving them up. Do I have to take them forever?”

Maggie February 24, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “I've been taking this for a few months I've developed terrible rib pain I have fibromyalgia sometimes I don't know what pain comes from where. But the rib pain has been horrible and so has the constipation which I never had. Sleepy all the time”

Dani · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I have Painful Bladder Syndrome, where my bladder spasms and the pain is so sharp and severe that often I can't get out of bed. Even after using the restroom, the pain could continue for hours and it was starting to really affect my life. I am a 28 year old woman and I have been on this medication for 2 months. I have not experienced any of the side effects. However, the pain I was experiencing has reduced to almost nothing. I still get the spasms, but they are no where near as severe or as frequent. This medication has really helped my situation. With that, I have seen it affect my menstrual cycle. It often makes my periods heavier and last longer (10-12 days). So, some thing to keep in mind.”

IC sufferer · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2019

Detrol (tolterodine) for Urinary Frequency: “Being diagnosed with IC ( Interstitial Cystitis ) for the pass three to four years after having urinary urgency and frequency, so much so that I was unable to spend quality time with my family - fast forward to the prescription of " detrusitol " one ( 1 ) week ago I can finally plan that long awaiting overseas trip. This drug is a miracle in a pill form, it gives individual their live back. 100% worth it.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “I've been on tolterodine for 3 weeks now for my overactive bladder and it's not helped at all, if anything it's made it worse, not to mention side effects. Causes a very restless at night and they were suppose to help me sleep by stopping me urinating at night, not keeping me awake. Also I get constipation and dry mouth. I've stopped taking them for the last few days now and I feel better already. I slept great last night, well apart from having to get up 4 times for the toilet, but at least I get back to sleep straight away”

WetPants July 14, 2018

For Urinary Incontinence: “My bladder is messed up due to radiation treatments from 1994 to treat cervical cancer. I had no issues for about 10 years and now I have retention problems and horrible incontinence. I’ve been taking tolterodine for over a year and for the past 3 months my incontinence is ridiculous. I can outright wet my pants to high thigh if it’s been a couple hours since my last bathroom trip. I get up at least 4 times in the night with soaked underwear and have to hold my crotch on the way to the bathroom. Somehow I take it in stride. It’s not sexy but everyone urinates. I stopped Tolterodine today to see if that helps. Best wishes to all my fellow incontinents.”

Pat · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “I started Tolterodine 2mg ER 2-3 weeks ago. Started working within hours. Was happy, no more pads for a couple of days. But started leaking some but still it cut down on the rushes to bathroom. However even though it helped some and could go through night. Now the really bad part. I have splitting headaches ALL the time and feel very nauseous all the time. I am going to quit it now. On another hand, I had been taking Vesicare very successfully for 4 years until it stopped working. Now I'm back to square one. Anyone else experiencing this,?”

Val 55 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 17, 2017

For Urinary Incontinence: “I took Bethanochol for many years to combat dry mouth from other medications. Eventually it led to an issue with incontinence, so I discontinued. Several months passed, and the incontinence continued (apparently it becomes permanent in some cases). My doctor prescribed Detrol/Tolteradone, but after 3 months the only change is the awful side effects-extremely dry mouth/eyes/sinus/skin, headache, increased lethargy, irritability, mental processing impaired, etc. But barely noticeable improvement of the urgency/incontinence issue. Also, my disability income can't sustain the copay (if it worked it might be worth going without heat or something else). Hoping that I can discontinue without any added complications. Very disappointing.”

cellogirl · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2017

For Urinary Incontinence: “Caused severe urinary retention that required me to wear a Foley catheter for three days.”

Smkite · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “I've been on it for almost a week, side effects are not fun. I am so tired, irritable, dry mouth and walk around like a zombie. Dr appointment Friday. Not sure if I should continue. Good news is I can fully empty bladder now, still have urgency, and some pain when try to hold and get to bathroom. Not sure if side effects will go away....”

tenn-vol · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “Started taking Tolterodine ER 4 mg capsule for overactive bladder The first night I was up 6 times to pee. How long does it take for medication to take affect.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “Ive had MS since 2000. Over the past year my frequent urination was unbearable. I was going every 30 minutes. Going out was impossible. I has to wear depends at night. I got up about 8-10 times and had lots of accidents. I took OTC meds with no relief. I talked to my doctor who put me on tolterdine. Starting working right away with no side effects. I have my life back.”

Don't have one · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “Been on detrol first and insurance dropped it so was put on tolterdine 4 mg 2 times a day all the bad side effects and dementia symptoms started feel that dose was too much going to cut back to 1- 4 mg a day till I see my doctor next month he works 1 month and off 1 month /nice job huh/ hope things goes well for me”

Lah12 August 7, 2017

For Urinary Incontinence: “Awesome for 2 years then just stopped working for me”

Linz24 July 28, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “I've been on it for a couple days over a week maybe by like the 7th day I started feeling slightly bloated/sick on my stomach by the 9th day it made me feel like I had a stomach bug not to mention I haven't noticed any kind of bladder relief.. anyone else experience the upset stomach and diarrhea? Oh and yes extremely dry mouth.”

Court27 · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “I have been on this med for a week now. The first couple days were horrible, headaches, fatigue and overall felt like a walking zombie, and on top of that the drug didn't kick in until three days in. Day 7 now and the drug has started working. I do not feel the overwhelming urge to pee myself during the day which is wonderful. But I have my first appointment since starting it now and I have to decide if the fatigue is worth it.”

Scheisse February 24, 2017

For Urinary Frequency: “I wake up every two hours at night to urinate. On the way to the bathroom I am unable to hold it in. Thank God for Depends. I'm afraid to not take the med, but have to find something else. My insurance co pay is $350.00 for a ninety day supply.”