User Reviews for Tolterodine

Also known as: Detrol, Detrol LA

Learn more about Tolterodine.

Overactive Bladder 28 reviews 22 medications

7.2
Urinary Incontinence 8 reviews 49 medications

5.2
Summary of Tolterodine reviews 36 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Tolterodine

For Overactive Bladder: "My doctor prescribed this for bladder pain, as an anti-spasmodic to reduce the bladder contractions. I suffer bouts of I.C. and can honestly say that this has saved me! I was curled-up in agony on the sofa for days on end, not able to function at all or even walk without pain. This drug gave me my life back. Yes, it does cause dry mouth and eyes (and I already have Sjogren's) but the pain subsided the same day I started taking it. I have lupus and fibro too, so am very wary of taking any type of drug, so just take it in half-doses. I am weaning off after less than a week now but will keep it handy for any future problems. I.C. pain is BRUTAL so this is amazing. It can also cause headache, but this is manageable if you keep well hydrated."

lulubear3 August 5, 2016

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: "I am 83 yrs old an took Detrol for 6 weeks so I could join my family on an Alaska cruise it worked great voice was raspy but could handle an several other side effects BUT than came home an realized while in the car my eyes where not what they were before so stopped taking the medication an am happy to say this morning I took my car and went shopping an eyes were just fine..will only take it when I am going to be gone for several day or an occasion that would require me to set for several hours,,,than I could not make it to the bathroom otherwise"

louseg July 7, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence: "After my insurance would no longer pay for Vesicare, which worked for me. My doctor had me try tolterodine, initially the results were just ok, but the longer I took it the more pronounced the side effects became, the con's outweighed the positives. I stopped taking it after my issues with incontinence cleared up. Due to a illness, valley fever, the incontinence has returned. The doctor had me re-start the tolterodine . Well once again the side effects returned after two weeks, a fluttering in my ear canals, extreme irritability, and finally constipation. Doctor said the generics are not all the same and that Detrol might be better, but my insurance won't pay for the name brand drug. Guess I will just have to deal with the incontinence.."

Desertscape (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence: "switched from Ditropan to Detrol LA recently... I am a 44 yr old female.... Ditropan made me so sleepy I could not function and did not help my symptoms at all. Anyway but this Detrol has made every symptom I have a thousand times worse... I am waking up to urinate at least every hour at night and having to change my clothing constantly from increased incontinence and the urge to go is a lot stronger. Not to mention the fact that I am miserable from the dehydration it also has caused. I give up now on trying to find a medicine to help me lead a normal life. Ijust live with my issue like I was before seeking help."

dreianya February 13, 2016

For Urinary Incontinence: "tolterodine hasn't controlled my incontinence. I have less control concerning being able to hold my urine till I get to bathroom."

Anonymous September 16, 2015

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "More affordable than Vesicare. Tried a few different ones. Am on month 2 on Detrol. Love it, got my life back!"

loladk July 21, 2015

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "It worked beautifully, except severe memory problems developed. Have reduced by half to 20mg. Memory is back but I'm getting up at least 4 times per night. Before asking to change meds will try ending beverages after 7-8 pm."

Miatagirl (taken for 10 years or more) August 16, 2014

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been on tolterodine for about 9 days now and I haven't had the embarrassing accidents but during the day I still go a lot but not as often. On the other hand I am getting more sleep only getting up once compared to 5 times as I was use to. I do get mild headaches and really dry mouth but it is worth it to not have to locate the nearest facility every where I go."

Accidents happen (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2014

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "Worth every penny!"

Goldfish82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2013

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "62 year old male with overactive bladder symptoms for 15 years. Seems to be caused by nerve damage in lumbar vertebra. Was going to bathroom every twenty minutes. Taking Detrol LA for nine years allows me to extend that to, usually, three or four hours between bathroom visits. Down to once at night, used to go several times at night. It does have side effects, like dry mouth, sluggish thinking, and a few others, but the trade-off would be to spend my life hovering around a bathroom."

itzme (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 21, 2013

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "I had Detrol and saw its effect in two days..but it gave me such intense headache that I couldn't tolerate it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2013

Detrol (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: "I just received the medication today. So far so good. My pad is dry. I don't have severe dry mouth."

The Cat Lady (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2013

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "My insurance recently raised my cost for Detrol so I switched to Oxybutynin. I am going back to Detrol as soon as possible, as it worked much better for me with no side effects. The Oxybutynin caused moderate to severe stomach pain and and I was spending much of my morning in the bathroom. I will gladly pay the $69.00 as trade-off in cost was not worth the side effects of the less expensive medicine."

DiMurf (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2013

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "I think I would give up food before I would give up my Detrol. It has saved my social life. I was willing to pay $70 per month before I got better insurance."

Anonymous April 8, 2013

For Overactive Bladder: "Ever since high school, I've had problems with having to go all the time. After almost 25 years suffering (and having gone to a urologist who found nothing), my PCP prescribed this. For me, it works even better than the manufacturer claims in its marketing."

nhf7170 March 24, 2013

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: "Only saw results for the first couple of months."

mindykoz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 7, 2012

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "Took it for 2 weeks and my condition got worse. Not worth the side effects--dry eyes, mouth and skin, lethargic and sleepy. Had to go 5-6 times a night and sometimes 10 times before lunch."

Not good March 11, 2012

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "The side effects were intolerable and it was not effective in minimizing bladder spasms with resulting leakage/incontinence."

Anonymous January 20, 2012

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "Miracle medicine - where was it 8 years ago?"

Teafor2 August 9, 2011

For Overactive Bladder: "I have found they have helped my bladder but my feet and ankles are very swollen so will have to stop them."

cockney sparra January 24, 2011

Detrol (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "I have used Detrol for two months and it fixed the problem but it gave me headaches everyday. I am switching to Vesicare to see if it works for me."

justcallmemr December 2, 2010

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: "Expensive but it works! No negative side effects."

Anonymous September 17, 2010

Detrol LA (tolterodine) for Overactive Bladder: "52 year old female with years of frequency, especially nighttime. Have been taking Detrol LA for 1.5 years at bedtime. Worked very well until recently when I started having to get up at night again. Doctor is prescribing Synvasc but I'm not crazy about the idea of having to take it an hour before I can eat."

Anonymous June 11, 2010

Detrol (tolterodine) for Urinary Incontinence: "Did nothing to lessen or correct the condition. Also, very expensive!"

Anonymous March 13, 2010

For Overactive Bladder: "I have been taking tolterodine for a few months and it has been life changing. Having a job where I can't visit the toilet at will meant that a sensitive bladder caused a lot of worry and distress. I feel I now have my life back...I can go for long walks, don't have to locate the nearest convenience at every venue I visit and can have a day in the city without worrying about queues at the Ladies. For the other contributor who said she felt they weren't as effective after a few months - keep them in the fridge. This sorted the same issue for me."

Anonymous January 23, 2010