User Reviews for Detrol

Detrol has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings on Drugs.com. 67% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 11% reported a negative experience.

Urinary Frequency
7.9
Urinary Incontinence
5.5
Summary of Detrol reviews 7.6 18 reviews

Reviews for Detrol

IC sufferer · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 25, 2019

For Urinary Frequency: “Being diagnosed with IC ( Interstitial Cystitis ) for the pass three to four years after having urinary urgency and frequency, so much so that I was unable to spend quality time with my family - fast forward to the prescription of " detrusitol " one ( 1 ) week ago I can finally plan that long awaiting overseas trip. This drug is a miracle in a pill form, it gives individual their live back. 100% worth it.”

Bella · September 27, 2020

For Urinary Frequency: “Third day on Detrol it’s working beautifully. I have slept through the night for the first time in years. I went out yesterday without wearing a pad. My initial copay was going to be $300 for 90day supply I put in for a tier exception with my insurance co. And was approved for copay if $5 for 90 day supply. So I am thrilled. So far only side effect is slight dry mouth.”

Eliza51 · November 1, 2016

For Urinary Frequency: “This medicine did not work for me at all. I can honestly say that the day I took it was one of the worst days of my life. I still had a very strong urge to urinate, but could not. I must have run to the bathroom twenty or thirty times that day, straining to push out a few drops, without being able to. It was a horrible feeling.”

DiMurf · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 25, 2013

For Urinary Frequency: “My insurance recently raised my cost for Detrol so I switched to Oxybutynin. I am going back to Detrol as soon as possible, as it worked much better for me with no side effects. The Oxybutynin caused moderate to severe stomach pain and and I was spending much of my morning in the bathroom. I will gladly pay the $69.00 as trade-off in cost was not worth the side effects of the less expensive medicine.”

Miatagirl · Taken for 10 years or more · August 16, 2014

For Urinary Frequency: “It worked beautifully, except severe memory problems developed. Have reduced by half to 20mg. Memory is back but I'm getting up at least 4 times per night. Before asking to change meds will try ending beverages after 7-8 pm.”

Anonymous · April 21, 2009

For Urinary Frequency: “For several years my BPH had me urinating several times a night, like every hour; not good for mental or physical health. After much complaining to my urologist, I finally got a resident that put me on Uroxatral and Detrol. I now get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, twilight morning enjoyment of the morning chorus, and a much improved outlook. Spring helps, too.”

Anonymous · October 26, 2009

For Urinary Frequency: “Before using Detrol I was up 2-4 times a night to urinate, plus there was severe urgency. After taking Detrol for a little over a week, all of these conditions stopped. I do have some dry mouth, but it is more than acceptable considering not taking Detrol.”

Anonymous · October 10, 2009

For Urinary Frequency: “I love this medicine. It is so nice to not have that feeling of having to "go" all the time...especially when you are traveling. The one down side is sometimes I can't even tell when I have to go and have to push on my lower stomach to see if I do.”

Anonymous · December 19, 2009

For Urinary Frequency: “I used to have some leakage, and sudden urges to urinate. Detrol has fixed all of that... but I have noted a strange side effect, I think it delays my period sometimes. I will go a week thinking I'm going to start my period and I wait. One night I forget Detrol, and I have my period. Other than that, Detrol is a wonderful pill!”

Anonymous · July 8, 2008

For Urinary Frequency: “Detrol medicine is the best thing ever made,having freguent urination and leakage. It has helped me tremendously.”

loladk · July 21, 2015

For Urinary Frequency: “More affordable than Vesicare. Tried a few different ones. Am on month 2 on Detrol. Love it, got my life back!”

Anonymous · April 8, 2013

For Urinary Frequency: “I think I would give up food before I would give up my Detrol. It has saved my social life. I was willing to pay $70 per month before I got better insurance.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · August 16, 2013

For Urinary Frequency: “I had Detrol and saw its effect in two days..but it gave me such intense headache that I couldn't tolerate it.”

Goldfish82 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 5, 2013

For Urinary Frequency: “Worth every penny!”

The Cat Lady · Taken for less than 1 month · August 8, 2013

For Urinary Incontinence: “I just received the medication today. So far so good. My pad is dry. I don't have severe dry mouth.”

Anonymous · March 13, 2010

For Urinary Incontinence: “Did nothing to lessen or correct the condition. Also, very expensive!”

Anonymous · July 21, 2009

For Urinary Frequency: “I tried Detrol for overactive bladder, and it helped that problem. However, my headache increased so my doctor changed me to Vesicare which seems to be a little better.”

justcallmemr · December 2, 2010

For Urinary Frequency: “I have used Detrol for two months and it fixed the problem but it gave me headaches everyday. I am switching to Vesicare to see if it works for me.”