User Reviews for Detrol to treat Urinary Frequency

Detrol has an average rating of 7.9 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Frequency. 69% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Detrol Rating Summary

7.9/10 average rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Frequency.

Reviews for Detrol

Bella September 27, 2020

“Third day on Detrol it’s working beautifully. I have slept through the night for the first time in years. I went out yesterday without wearing a pad. My initial copay was going to be $300 for 90day supply I put in for a tier exception with my insurance co. And was approved for copay if $5 for 90 day supply. So I am thrilled. So far only side effect is slight dry mouth.”

IC sufferer · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2019

“Being diagnosed with IC ( Interstitial Cystitis ) for the pass three to four years after having urinary urgency and frequency, so much so that I was unable to spend quality time with my family - fast forward to the prescription of " detrusitol " one ( 1 ) week ago I can finally plan that long awaiting overseas trip. This drug is a miracle in a pill form, it gives individual their live back. 100% worth it.”

Eliza51 November 1, 2016

“This medicine did not work for me at all. I can honestly say that the day I took it was one of the worst days of my life. I still had a very strong urge to urinate, but could not. I must have run to the bathroom twenty or thirty times that day, straining to push out a few drops, without being able to. It was a horrible feeling.”

DiMurf · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 25, 2013

“My insurance recently raised my cost for Detrol so I switched to Oxybutynin. I am going back to Detrol as soon as possible, as it worked much better for me with no side effects. The Oxybutynin caused moderate to severe stomach pain and and I was spending much of my morning in the bathroom. I will gladly pay the $69.00 as trade-off in cost was not worth the side effects of the less expensive medicine.”

Miatagirl · Taken for 10 years or more August 16, 2014

“It worked beautifully, except severe memory problems developed. Have reduced by half to 20mg. Memory is back but I'm getting up at least 4 times per night. Before asking to change meds will try ending beverages after 7-8 pm.”

Anonymous April 21, 2009

“For several years my BPH had me urinating several times a night, like every hour; not good for mental or physical health. After much complaining to my urologist, I finally got a resident that put me on Uroxatral and Detrol. I now get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, twilight morning enjoyment of the morning chorus, and a much improved outlook. Spring helps, too.”

Anonymous October 26, 2009

“Before using Detrol I was up 2-4 times a night to urinate, plus there was severe urgency. After taking Detrol for a little over a week, all of these conditions stopped. I do have some dry mouth, but it is more than acceptable considering not taking Detrol.”

Anonymous October 10, 2009

“I love this medicine. It is so nice to not have that feeling of having to "go" all the time...especially when you are traveling. The one down side is sometimes I can't even tell when I have to go and have to push on my lower stomach to see if I do.”

Anonymous December 19, 2009

“I used to have some leakage, and sudden urges to urinate. Detrol has fixed all of that... but I have noted a strange side effect, I think it delays my period sometimes. I will go a week thinking I'm going to start my period and I wait. One night I forget Detrol, and I have my period. Other than that, Detrol is a wonderful pill!”

Anonymous July 8, 2008

“Detrol medicine is the best thing ever made,having freguent urination and leakage. It has helped me tremendously.”

loladk July 21, 2015

“More affordable than Vesicare. Tried a few different ones. Am on month 2 on Detrol. Love it, got my life back!”

Anonymous April 8, 2013

“I think I would give up food before I would give up my Detrol. It has saved my social life. I was willing to pay $70 per month before I got better insurance.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2013

“I had Detrol and saw its effect in two days..but it gave me such intense headache that I couldn't tolerate it.”

Goldfish82 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 5, 2013

“Worth every penny!”

Anonymous July 21, 2009

“I tried Detrol for overactive bladder, and it helped that problem. However, my headache increased so my doctor changed me to Vesicare which seems to be a little better.”

justcallmemr December 2, 2010

“I have used Detrol for two months and it fixed the problem but it gave me headaches everyday. I am switching to Vesicare to see if it works for me.”

Learn more about Urinary Frequency