User Reviews for Toviaz

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Toviaz.

Toviaz Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 83 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence.

Reviews for Toviaz to treat Urinary Incontinence

"I started Toviaz 4 mg about a month ago. It seemed to work a lot better than the other medications but caused severe dry mouth. With time, the dry mouth subsided but then I started the 8 mg dose. I have been on it for about a month and I find I have dry mouth and insomnia but the medication works so well I am going to see if side effects improve with a little more time."

TeddyJynx (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2018

"I've been on Toviaz 2-3 years and so far is the most effective for incontinence & frequency. Over the years I've tried: Detrol LA (rubbish), Ditropan XL (not effective), Vesicare (very blurry vision), Enablex (worked for a while but not enough control), and now on Toviaz 8mg. It really cuts down on frequency. I only get up once in the night and can go 3-4 hrs without urinating (daytime). The incontinence is much better. Toviaz is expensive so I've been taking 1/2 pill/day. My problem is my brain sees the toilet and doesn't want hold off until I can get my belt and jeans down, and my ass on the throne (about 2-3 times/wk). My insurance won't cover Toviaz now I'll have to switch again. I've heard Myrbetriq works well? Probably can't afford it :("

queticogirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2017

"50.00 out of pocket for nightmares, Dizziness. Constipation, Weight Gain. Yes it works, but I just do not like the side effects."

Smf31415 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2015

"I was put on Toviaz after a serious back injury caused nerve damage to my bladder. At first I was getting 5-6 hours sleep a night when first prescribed the 4mg but I'm back to waking at least twice and it's awful sitting on the toilet, having the urge to go but not being able to produce anything without going through the rigmarole of putting on taps, kneading my bladder etc. I suffered the dry mouth but after 10 weeks use it seems to be subsiding. The other thing I have notice ( hard not to!!) is the severe weight gain... 11lbs in 2 months!! I have reduced mobility with the back injury so it would be difficult for me to continue on Toviaz and not be able to lose the extra pounds. I've been on Oxybutnin and Vesicare, both with side effects."

Lola's Mummy February 13, 2012

"I've been taking Toviaz 8mg for the past 3 weeks and it's been a life saver for me. Not being able to control urinating had been getting worse and worse over the past 3 yrs. I was given a 2 week sample of the 8mg after I had a urodynamic study done. It found that my bladder functioned perfectly normal - no spasms. The next day I didn't make it into work, I had to go home and clean up/change clothes. So, I've been taking the Toviaz since that day and BAM the sudden urges are gone! I do have the chronic dry mouth and mild tiredness and found that taking it during the day verses at night was the better solution. Waking up with cotton mouth in the middle of the night was a big problem. I suggest trying it, it's worth it!"

Anonymous June 22, 2011