User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Myrbetriq Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence.

Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Urinary Incontinence

"Started at 25mg the first month - no effect. Moved to 50mg for another month - no effect. Taking this is like taking a sugar pill. For 1/10th the cost, I can go back to oxybutynin and regain control. I liked the absence of the dry mouth, but the absence of the control is worse. I say "no effect", but it did seem slightly better than taking nothing at all, so I gave it a 2."

Dianne435g April 17, 2016

"Worked immediately on controlling my bladder; however, the upper respiratory hacking cough with accompanying sputum has hurt my chest and back. At times, the urge to cough has caused a choking sensation as well. Not worth the side effects for me."

EYW April 3, 2016

"I am on my second month of this medication and I am experiencing leg cramps (charlie horses) Is anyone else having this effect on them. My results are very good. Need to keep evaluating this. Will check with you later with my latest effects."

Stella from humble, tx (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2016

"I have delt with incontinence for years but learned how to "deal" with it such as crossing my legs before I sneezed, running to the bathroom if I needed to cough, and wearing a thick bulky pad all day incase I started laughing to hard.. This got worse after my hysterectomy and unbearable after my ovaries where removed.. Since my body tends to reject sutures of any type doctors will only do procedures if absolutely necessary I'm not a candidate for the bladder sling... Myrbetriq is a life saver.. I have been on it for 3 months now and yes I have side effects I now take a stool softener for the constipation and make sure that I have something to drink by my bed at night for dry mouth and hard candy to get rid of the problem during the day.."

Jenny K January 31, 2016

"I have mixed incontinence. I saw results within a few days. It was awesome! A great relief! BUT my mouth was sooo dry. My sinus felt thick and not draining well. And worst of all, I had constant constipation. I used the drug for 5 weeks, hoping side effects would subside. They didn't. I decided to stop taking it, due the discomfort and concerns of the extreme dryness. Since its an extended release med, the effects lasted a few more weeks after I stopped! Too bad the side effects outweighed the benefit for me."

Mtsw October 10, 2015

"I noticed a big improvement right after starting this medication. I no longer have the urgency to go to the bathroom and/or the leakage I used to have. I have had no side effects at all. I love this medication and had tried others before it. This works the best."

Leigh H August 29, 2015

"After a day or two of taking this my former feeling of incomplete emptying was gone and it is a wonderful feeling! However... I've been excessively tired after 1-2 days of taking it and both my mouth and sinuses are super dry which has resulted in a bloody nose that never really heals. This medication seems to do the trick, which is awesome, but with these side-effects I'm done taking it. O well.."

Bmanplancan2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015

"After menopause I developed urge incontinence. My urologist gave me Myrbetriq and it stopped my incontinence completely within 1 month. However, I was also taking flecainide; found out the two should not be taken together, so I quit the Myrbetriq for about a year. After my cardiologist weaned me off the Flecainide, I began the Myrbetriq again; I'm disappointed to say that although it has helped, the results this time are not like they were when I initially took the drug. I still must wear pads and am debating whether to continue taking the drug."

BB55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2015

"There has been absolutely no change in the ability to control the flow of urine. It has been extremely frustrating. Length of time on medication: 2 1/2 to 3 months."

JeanU (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2015

"i did not see any improvement in my incontenance."

B'sgg (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2015

"I see many comments about the cost. Google Myrbetric copay assistance and you can get the first script free (By The Way a 90 day works for the first script free) after that it will cover up to the first $50. You simply fill out the form and print the card then bring to your pharmacy. Unfortunately you can't use with government insurance."

helpful? February 21, 2015

"This is the second medication I've taken for urinary incontinence and it doesn't work very well for me."

Ginny45 January 11, 2015

"I have had Botox three times for incontinence and found relief for about six months each time. This medication works even better from the first pill. I have now been taking this for a month and it has changed my life. I was going to have the sacral nerve implant which was very frightening to me, but now I don't have to go through with it. I am a little bit upset that my doctor did not mention this medicine to me until I asked if there were any new medicines on the market. I have taken Detrol and Ditropan with no marked improvement. If you have an over active bladder this medication is fantastic."

Star kitten April 21, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"It took around 6 weeks before, I for sure could tell it improved the quality of life. It has stopped me from having a surgery I didn't want to do. I have noticed no side effects at all."

petbiz (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine has been life changing! After 20 years of dealing with the dry mouth, dry skin, dry eyes, dry scalp dry nose that results from taking Ditropan, I finally can have control over my incontinence (due to Spina Bifida) and swallow my food without needing water to help. I only gave it 9 stars because of the $85 co-pay but so far it has been worth every penny. This medicine controls my bladder better than Ditropan and I have had zero side effects."

Mawyatt1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2013

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate