User Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Urinary Incontinence

Myrbetriq has an average rating of 4.1 out of 10 from a total of 52 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Incontinence. 23% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Myrbetriq Rating Summary

4.1/10 average rating

Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence.

Reviews for Myrbetriq

Kat · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2021

“I have been on this drug for almost 2 months. Starting at 50mg. After experiencing nausea and stomach pain my Dr. Reduced it to 25mg. In the last few days I have become irritable and not myself. Stomach pain and nausea are still there. I'm like a cat ready to pounce. Mood swings are not common for me at all. I have a call into my doctors, but will stop the drug immediately. High cost and bad reaction. So I will continue being wet!”

Myra · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 3, 2020

“Was on Myrbetriq for over 8 weeks. I started on 25mg. and was increased by the doctor to 50mg. Unfortunately my urgency and leakage continued. There was no noticeable change and my symptoms did not improve. Very disappointed .....”

Oh my... · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2021

“48 year old female with bladder incontinence issues. I took Myrbetriq for around 6 months. During this time, I became sicker and sicker. Headaches, dizziness, muscle aches, fatigue, back pain, heart palpitations, even an emergency room visit, never once making the connection to this drug. I stopped wanting to go to the gym or wanting to leave home. I felt so bad. I scheduled a doctors appointment assuming I probably had some horrible disease. However, when Myrbetriq suddenly just stopped helping for the bladder issues, I researched the medicine. My word, I immediately stopped taking Myrbetriq. Within less than a week, I saw an improvement in my overall health. At times in the past, I would laugh at commercials with the long list of “possible side effects” for certain drugs. I thought it was just a legality. My goodness, these side effects are real and they’re horrible. I had rather deal with running to the bathroom all day, everyday.”

Disappointed · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2020

“After 6 weeks of 25mg and 4 weeks of 50 mg Myrbetriq ended up at emergency room for urinary retention. Was sent home with catheter (because it was weekend) until I could get appointment to see urologist. I will never take this medicine again. Was still using liners while taking this drug because incontinence did not stop. Did not improve my condition.”

Daisy · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

“I had been taking Toviaz for several years to replace the oxybutinin I was taking before. The problem with Toviaz was terrible constipation and dry mouth but it worked fairly well in controlling my incontinence and frequency of urination. My urologist recommended I try Myrbetriq as she said the side effects were not as troubling as Toviaz. After taking Myrbetriq for a few days and having many, many episodes of incontinence where I couldn't even make it to the bathroom before urination began. Went thru several pairs of pants and underwear while taking this. I decided the dry mouth and constipation were much better than the incontinence I suffered with Myrbetriq so I switched back to Toviaz. Below I give it a rating of 1 but only because there was not a 0 listed. I”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 26, 2020

“So my Dr said that there was no known side effects ever from taking Myrbetriq. Well I find that to be rubbish . I have taken this Myrbetriq and now I can't pee at all like hardly anything is coming out and I wake up with a fast heart rate and cramps. I am 25 and this whole peeing thing sucks !! I hope all you get well soon.”

Dee dee · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2020

“I was given samples of myrbetrig - Avoid of all cost the first night I experience side effects of dry mouth, irregular heart beat, and woke up with a pounding headache, took 2 days to get out of my system”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2021

“So far this is a miracle drug for me - been on the 25 mg for 2 weeks and this is the BEST I've been in 20 years...had macroplastique - which worked great for 2 weeks - then it suddenly stopped and I was back to constant leakage. The moment I stood up, I'd start leaking and rarely made it to the bathroom without leaking and often having a "flood". My life was centered around finding bathrooms and not being able to make it in time...went to the bathroom at leat 15 times a day..and got up at least 3 times per night..so far, 90% improvement - I pray it continues to work and that my insurance will cover it.”

Sassy Dame · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2021

“The Doctor gave me samples of the 25mg dose and I took 1 dose for 2 days and quit. My blood pressure increased quickly, I had a constant and bad headache, and it did nothing to improve my urinary frequency or urgency. Of course at only 2 days of usage, I did not give it a fair chance to work but I also did not want to stroke out!”

running fox · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

“My doctor put me on Myrebetriq medication to help me with my incontinence, It worked a few days after starting it. I took it for 4 weeks. Then the discomfort of terrible pains my stomach started. In that time was suffering from having to pee, and to move my bowels at the same time, My bowel began to make changes, till I was passing bloody mucus from the rectum. I had to tell my doctor, about it and I told her I had to stop medication. My bowels were badly backed up had not had a good bowel movement, even though the pamphlet mentioned nothing about constipation from this medication, it should never be given to someone who has GI problems like Diverticulitis or even IBS. Therefore I cannot use this medicine at all.”

Scotty November 6, 2020

“Just took my first pill yesterday at 2 In the afternoon. When I woke up the next morning I had a headache, felt like I was going to throw up and couldn’t eat. Slept all day, still have headache! One pill at 50mg. I have a prolapsed bladder and the doctor thought the med would help stop the bladder from spasming. I’m not taking another pill!! And after I spent an unholy $255 on these awful pills!!”

Mawyatt1 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2013

“This medicine has been life changing! After 20 years of dealing with the dry mouth, dry skin, dry eyes, dry scalp dry nose that results from taking Ditropan, I finally can have control over my incontinence (due to Spina Bifida) and swallow my food without needing water to help. I only gave it 9 stars because of the $85 co-pay but so far it has been worth every penny. This medicine controls my bladder better than Ditropan and I have had zero side effects.”

Star kitten April 21, 2014

“I have had Botox three times for incontinence and found relief for about six months each time. This medication works even better from the first pill. I have now been taking this for a month and it has changed my life. I was going to have the sacral nerve implant which was very frightening to me, but now I don't have to go through with it. I am a little bit upset that my doctor did not mention this medicine to me until I asked if there were any new medicines on the market. I have taken Detrol and Ditropan with no marked improvement. If you have an over active bladder this medication is fantastic.”

CinderAngelkc · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2020

“For two or three days this drug Myrbetriq seemed to help my urinary urgency issues. But it quickly raised my blood pressure and caused heart pounding problems. Then my hair started to fall out. I went online and read of many people losing their hair from this drug so I stopped it immediately. I am so glad I had been given a 30 day sample supply. It is so expensive and it is not worth the side-effects.”

Skippy · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

“I had a bad experience with this drug. It did stop my bladder leakage but it caused my blood pressure to spike which in turn caused headaches, blurred vision, confusion, and chest pain. It also caused sleepiness, dry mouth and sinus, joint pain and my hair fell out by the handful. It wasn't worth it to me.”

Jmk · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 7, 2021

“Took this expensive drug for 2 plus years. I still have incontinence and urgency. So disgusted. Had dose increase and was better for after 2 months but 2 months later I ‘m back to having issues again. Also my hair is changing (thin and straight) and I wonder if it is from this drug.”

Alyoop · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2020

“I have found Mybetriq to be helpful with incontinence and urgency. I have been able to sleep all night without a need to arise. I have noticed that shortly after I starting Mybetriq, I began to have strands of my hair falling from my head onto my face and my clothing for the first time ever. I am very concerned and will be discussing with my doctor soon.”

Punk rocker · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 2, 2019

“I have been taking this for eight months with great results and no side effects. I have incontinence with pulsating bladder that only stops with this medication. Only downside is it just stops working for two days every other week. Then it's back to being the best thing I've used. My insurance company is refusing to pay after one more month. I will be back to bladder underwear and multiple bathroom trips each night.”

Old&Tired · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 17, 2020

“Have dual problem - (1) urgency requiring multiple trips to the bathroom at night - (2) difficulty urinating with unknown cause - had several TURPs. Tried Mybtriq for a year - no improvement for urgency - no side effects - dropped because it pushed me into the donut hole in med cost.”

Chris Teverbaugh March 8, 2017

“Myrbetriq works great I had no negative side effects. And it gave me my life back. Those who have incontinence know what I mean by giving me my life back. Only now I am unable to take it due the price. Which saddens me. Hopefully they will have a generic soon. So I can get back on it. I can only pray!!!!!”

Tammy16509 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2019

“Mybretriq was like a miracle by 2nd day of taking 25mg tablet, the cup of urine that would leak out when I stood up and walked to the bathroom was reduced to only drops. 14th day, I was increased to 50mg and all leakage and urgency stopped. By the 35th day, all my symptoms returned, and may actually be worse then before I started taking it. I called the doctor and she said to keep taking it, it will start working again. I'm on my 3rd prescription and now using urine pads in my bed and lines in my underwear. I spoke with others online claiming to have this same problem. This is awful, it gave me back my freedom and then ripped it away.”

Momma Bear · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2021

“I tried this twice. The first time, my blood pressure (I take Avopro for high BP) spiked. Another 2 months of OAB and I decided to try it again. This time no BP problems but bad abdominal/stomach pain, nausea and didn't help with the OAB. After 2 weeks of being sick, I decided OAB is better than these side effects! I also question why my doctor started me straight away on 50 mg instead of 25mg when I am 108 pounds?”

Atlactic October 31, 2016

“I LOVE this new medication. I began seeing a major difference by the second day of use. I'm taking 50 mg a day and have no side effects. I also have marked improvement of frequency, urgency and especially continuous leaking. This drug is a life saver.”

cynray · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2017

“I have been feeling very bad for the last 3 weeks. I even went to the ER. I have had high BP, constant headache, shortness of breath, chest pains, rapid heartbeat and buzzing in my ears. It has not helped my bladder issues. Worst of all, none of the doctors I have seen, figured that out. Even after asking what all my medications are. When they kept telling me all was well, except for mildly high BP. So, each time I left feeling like I was going crazy or a hypochondriac. Then I started thinking, what drug have I started taking most recently. I looked it up and surprise......there were all my symptoms. Well, I have stopped taking this drug and will not recommend it to anyone......”

Beth do not recommend this med May 6, 2017

“I was given a sample of this from my doctor 50mg. After about 16 hours the lower abdominal and groin pain became unbearable. Literally felt like I was having labor pains. This lasted for about 8 hours and I thought I was past the side effects. I am taking strong pain medicine for my neck but even that did not reduce the pain. The next morning I woke up with a lot of pain to my lower back and my joints hurt. It is now day 4 after taking 1 pill and my joints are still bothering me. I have been told that I am very sensitive to medication but I personally would not recommend trying this medication unless you have exhausted all other options. It also made my blood pressure skyrocket. The warning label definitely needs to be fixed.”

Learn more about Urinary Incontinence