User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Myrbetriq Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Overactive Bladder

"Myrbetric caused me to have a Urinary Tract Infection. I thought I had the flu; by the time I realized I needed help I was septic and developed atrial fibrillation. Now I am on blood thinners to avoid a stroke and my OAB is worse than ever, practically ruining my life. I had to leave a family wedding to avoid a major malfunction; it is threatening my employment and my ability to do my job. I am terrified of accidents and must take extra clothes with me, even on a trip to the grocery store. It is embarrassing. My doctor had provided me with free samples and I was taking those when it worked great for about 10 weeks, then stopped working; about 3 weeks later I was hospitalized with the UTI, septicemia & AFIB with a heart rate 180 bpm."

PhysMaster P August 15, 2016

"Took This medication at 50mg within 3 days lost consciousness had to go to ER by squad and had horrible positional vertigo resulting in uncontrollable vomiting. No reason for this episode found after CT scan EgG and blood Work? Drug interaction? I'm still a little dizzy 2 days later. Don't know if the episode was related to the drug but I'm not taking it. untested..to many potential drug interactions."

Mary Z (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

"Decreased urinary frequency within first 2 days of 25mg per day. I've had mild Gi symptoms that are very manageable. I have low back and hip pain that have become severe. This is my third week of the med. I do not want to give this Med up... but can't take this pain. :/"

Jane jane jane July 28, 2016

"Worked immediately for me within hours of taking it. Such a relief! Thankfully my insurance covers it. I am taking the 59 mg extended release if that is any different. I have had virtually no side effects and I am even on blood pressure medicine and had kidney failure once!"

Simdiva (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

"I have been on this medication for approximately 6 days. I have been experiencing pins and needle pain on my feet, hands and breast. Also fatigue and sore inside upper lip. Will be seeing my physician this week. Has anyone experience this? May have to stop mybetriq."

PR55 July 10, 2016

"I have been on Myrbetriq since 2/29/15, I take the 25mg as I am only 4;11 and 90 pounds. I was taking toviaz before that, and trospium chloride before that. Myrbetriq is a miracle drug for me I was going 40x a day...I now go about 10 on a good day and 18 on a so so day if I grab a cofffee. I have tried things like bladder trainning, that didn't work for me. I was dx with oab in october I am a 32 year old female. I try also to stay away from bladder irritants. Sometimes I want to see what the 50mg do but I think for my weight that maybe too much. I noticed a diffrence at about week three. It also got me through a colonoscopy too I was so scared to drink all that water."

elle woods (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

"Was helpful for three days and after that was unstoppable urine. Is a nightmare I am living now. Did not have sides effect on me. Thanks God I did not pay for, was samples from Dr."

Baker's patient (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

"I have been on Myrbetric and Vesacare for about nine months. I had dry mouth and some heart racing but didn't connect it to the medication. My migraines also occurred with more frequency but again I didn't connect it to the medication until I read the entries on this site. Last week, all of a sudden, the drugs stopped working and I became unable to control my bladder. I have to take peridium every eight hours or I am in pain like I have a UTI but my urine culture is clear. My doctor is scheduling me for Botox injections via cystoscopy. I hope it works because I can barely leave the house."

Sue Jo June 28, 2016

"After complaining to my urologist that the Oxybutynin Hydrocloride I had been taking for years had stopped working, he gave me a 30 day sample pack of Myrbetriq 50mg to try. Although it really didn't work any better- same amount of urgency and leakage- I went ahead and ordered a 90 day supply from CVS Caremark. I figured newer was better, right? Wrong! Within 3 days I broke out in severe hives all over my body. I did not immediately make the connection, so I took my regular dose of Myrbetriq again on the fourth day. My hives became so bad I called my doctor and luckily he connected the dots and ordered me off the Myrbetriq and onto a five day course of Prednisone. Be very wary of this drug!"

Pennyeve June 12, 2016

"I'm only 40 years old and after a life time of urgency and frequency - Myrbetriq has changed everything! I can remember being in my early teens and having dreadful pain throughout the day - it's been like that until now. I've been on 50mg for about 3 weeks now no really side effect yet. Except one that puzzles me - somehow it's relieved body and joint pain I've had for years. I have a couple of autoimmune diseases, so I always thought that pain was caused by that - and my doctors treated me for it too. I've tried finding information on if Myrbetriq somehow helps with pain, but I haven't found anything on it. Perhaps it's jjust a reaction I've had? It's just odd and I'm not one to just to conclusion but I can't help assume."

GSITCON (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

"I have used Myrbetriq its great. I do not like how expensive it is,. I do have discount card and it helps.They need to lower the price on this."

packerpoke May 27, 2016

"50 mg/day helps a lot. Much better than 25 mg/da. I've experimented with 100 mg/day and that's much better. I have dry pants at the end of the day for the first time in decades. No side effects, but insurance doesn't cover 100 mg/da"

Bob S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2016

"I've been on Myrbetriq for at least two months with no noticeable improvement in my O.A.B. Increased dosage to 50 mg still no improvement . It doesn't work for me !"

Bogey Bob April 22, 2016

"I agree with all reviews of people saying that it made the problem worse!!! Had not even read reviews when i decided to look up symptoms and sure enough it is a true statement that it makes the problem WORSE! One of the symptoms is also leg and thigh pain and that has almost gone away. Only happened at night while sleeping!! ALSO and more importantly rose my blood pressure on 25 mgs. once a day. Certainly had no quality of life! Expensive, but i truly thought it would solve the problem. VERY ineffective drug with severe side effects!!!!!!!!!"

Barbaraita February 24, 2016

"Took 25mg first week, now started on 50mg. First 3 days of increasing med started having increased frequency...I am talking every 15 mins or less. I hurt I have to go so much. Don't know if this is typical of this med, as I have read other reviews that state this. I will try it a couple more days to see if it improves and if not will quit using. Dr said this med doesn't cause the dry mouth like others, but mouth is slightly dry. Scares me about the B/P."

Stassi (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

"This medication was a complete nightmare for me. At first it even increased my frequency in needing to urinate. The side effects of this medication were unbearable for me though and it caused me to have to stop taking this medication even when I did start seeing slight improvement in my need to urinate after two weeks. I was being treated for migraines and this medication brought my migraines back full force and even my ocular migraines came back despite still being on my migraine treatment. I would experience typical headaches almost daily as well lasting 1-3 hours and sometimes more than twice a day. I also experienced constipation, bloating and mild to moderate upper abdominal pain. The constipation caused weight gain. Nausea as well."

MeganATX February 16, 2016

"Just started on it. It worked very well then did not work at all. Upped script to 50 mg and is working again. When it works it works so well. I am very hopeful.no side effects."

Colleen2299 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

"Myrbetriq 50mg has been great...I suffered for years with urgency, frequency and incontinence. Within 2 weeks the medication was allowing me more time between episodes and without the side effects I was having with Toviaz and Enablex. From the research I did prior to taking this medication, many other Pharma companies are currently studying their version of a Beta 3 agonist to treat OAB...This must be the future of treating this condition? Thank you Astellas for being the first."

Tiny Tank (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2016

"helped a little but still have a problem with urgency"

toucanman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2016

"Has help sudden urges but still have frequent urination"

Ping Pong December 29, 2015

"I can't find anyone else that experiences this, but I swear when I take this medication it sometimes makes my symptoms worse. At least 3-4 times a week it is like my bladder just fills up over and over really fast with tons of clear urine. I don't know where it comes from. It most often happens first thing in the morning so there is little to no way of ever sleeping in on my day off. If I am not exhausted, my bladder won't let me sleep but so much. This morning it was every 15-30 mins I was urinating like I had been chugging gallons of water. Sometimes it follows me to work and since I am on the road with my job, I am in complete hell at times. I do not have diabetes. Drs say at least my kidneys are good. Yet the misery continues."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 14, 2015

"Miracle drug when I started it three years ago. I had been on every drug before. Recently needed a bladder lift and hoped those new symptoms would stop. Now I have bad issues with urgency and can't make it to the bathroom. The Myrbetricq is not helping at all. In fact I quit taking it a week ago and I seem better. I am getting ready to try the electrode implants in case this may be a nerve issue. I have been chasing this cure for more that 15 years."

WaWagardens November 15, 2015

"dry mouth"

alank1 October 6, 2015

"I took Myrbetriq three times over a week. It stopped the urinary urgency it was prescribed to treat but caused serious demetia. I would not be able to function if I took this drug regularly. Dry mouth I could handle, not dementia."

P.G. September 18, 2015

"I have had issues with bladder leakage for years. My doc did the mesh implant and I still have some, not as much, but some leaks. After a few questions, he determined that I had "over active bladder" problems as well. I've been on this medication now for about 6 weeks. At first, I was on 25 mg and still had not so perfect results, he bumped it up to 50 mg and I have no problems now. So far, no side effects and I'm thrilled with the results. Expensive, yes...there is a $50 card on their website, if that helps. I would definitely recommend."

Dixie-Girl September 15, 2015