User Reviews for Myrbetriq

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Myrbetriq Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Overactive Bladder

"I have tried all the D drugs for urge incontinence. This was supposed to be the new miracle drug. Not only did it cost a criminal amount, it didn't work. I still had to wear pads, and still was getting up 2-3 times during the night. I see only a very slight difference not taking anything. The worst thing though is I have been left with side effects. I took it only 3 months and stopped because my nose dripped ALL the time and I became hoarse because of the post-nasal drip. Now, three months after my last dose, my nose is still dripping. I don't have allergies and this is a problem that started with the drug."

swampmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was in constant pain caused by OAB spasms causing friction on bladder walls. Three days on this med almost completely stopped my pain. A month later, still nearly pain free but having frequent, daily headaches and calf cramps nearly every night (even with potassium supplements). Love the medication, not enjoying the stress effects."

Heather7940 December 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the only prescription that has ever helped. The doctor gave me free samples, but now I can't afford to keep taking it. I have good insurance but it's still a $197 per month co-pay!"

Star44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on this for a month. Loved it. My symptoms went away immediately. Then after the sample dosage ran out my insurance refused to cover it. Tried other meds but none have worked. Would love to keep taking this but can't afford without insurance."

Lovedit October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Did help with bladder control but stopped due to side effects - symptoms of common cold, aching, chills, mild diarrhea."

MamaZita (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used to wake up every two hours or less during the night having to go to the bathroom (urinate). After taking myrbetriq, I now only wake up once. I get a better nights sleep. However it is very expensive."

Spinnaker Joe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the worst commercial on TV. The music sucks, the band sucks and the acting sucks. I literally have to turn the volume off whenever this stupid commercial comes on. It is one of the most annoying commercials I have ever experienced. Please consider a remake and get rid of that awful music and band. PLEASE!!!!!"

annoyed TOTEARS September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After awakening and emptying a completely full bladder on myself and the floor, I called my doctor for help. Myrbetric was prescribed and has worked wonders. Having insurance that wouldn't cover this, I'm unfortunately having to try a different route. :("

High & Dry (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"No bad effects. Virtually no effects at all. Disappointed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Tried it for about two months. It had some effect, I suppose, but the pricing is unconscionable. Even with my insurance and the co-pay assistance, it cost me over $90 per month. Ridiculous. I'd rather wear the pads in my underwear."

Mrtfish (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was taking this medication Mybetriq for a little five years. During this time I had no side effects, however, after awhile the positive affects wore off and then my symptoms came back like I wasn't even taking anything. It did work for me but I'm one whose body adaptation is quick with medications. Couldn't go any higher because when coming off Oxybutin was put on highest dose. Hope this helps."

Keshia1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Complete waste of money..causes headaches-insomnia-heart racing..more This drug should be taken off the market"

ashleymc August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 20 years old and have had issues with my bladder for about a year now. This is the first medication I've taken and it has done nothing for me. Didn't get any side effects but didn't see any improvement in my frequency or urgency. Complete dud."

katieklu (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Severe headaches, edema of both feet, felt disoriented. All went away when I stopped taking the drug."

Oleg Molet (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started on 25 mg which didn't work. Taking 50 mg for 5 weeks no improvement. Need to find something else. Would not recommend."

Lucky Lucky Lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Only interested in Men's experience. Just started taking it for nighttime Nocturia, issue. I did wake with headache after 2 days so will go until things get worse. Nighttime wake ups were pretty bad so I'm hoping side effects are tolerable. Worried my urination won't shut down"

Oldman:83 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It is is totally ineffective for over-active bladder , spasms , and other related systems . I'm dropping it as a medication ."

mcgillihuddy March 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So far this medication works , some days I feel cured; other days are not so good. No bad side effects only insomnia , Now I take it in the morning 25 mg.,other than that I do not have complaints."

lala2886 March 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took one 50mg dose and woke a few hours later with serious chest pains, a bad chemical taste in my mouth and nose. I have no idea whether it changed the bladder problem and I will not touch it again."

old bill (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been taking for 10 mths. I went from every 15 min. urges to (on average) 1.5-2.0 hrs. It's much better, yes. But even though, getting up 4-5 times a night is not ideal. Side effects: 2 nose bleeds so far after 6 mth mark. No big deal. Constipation, (can be taken care of with stool softeners, when needed) had dry mouth, but has subsided almost completely. During the few weeks of taking this medication symptoms seemed to get worse. But it got much better after 6-8 weeks. I take it at 6-7pm. Doesn't make me sleepy or keep me awake. I hope to God, there will be another drug in the near future that will be better than what's out there now, and hopefully less expensive."

Anonymous 50 yr. female (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this medication for about 2 months . First I took the 25mg it worked for a few weeks then stopped so I bumped it up to the 50mg it works but I'm going. It doesn't stop working like the 25mg did ....... due to the side effects I'm having I think I'm going to quit taking this medication ...... headaches , confusion , blurry vision , leg cramps , high blood pressure , rapid heart beating , dry mouth , anxiety , not sleeping if I take it at night , uti , chest tightness ......"

Fnb (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would never recommend this medicine. I had a bad reaction from it and I will never take it again and neither should you."

jamie2017 January 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been taking this drug irregularly due to headaches and blood in urine. Was hoping I had found something to work. Since my last dose in November I have had lots of blood in the urine. I think the manufacturer should be told of these issues. Having cystoscopy in early January to hopefully find out what is going on in the bladder. "

Hematuria nightmare (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Myrbetriq 25 mg worked immediately and helped decrease urinary frequency about 25%, while increasing volume of urine 27%. However, it also increased my frequency of ocular migraines (visual disturbance). So my Urogynocologist did not increase the dosage to further decrease my frequency and after 1.5 months, I stopped taking it. I'm disappointed. This is the third drug I have taken that I could not tolerate the side effects. Now my other options are posterior tibial nerve stimulation or botox."

getcarter (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016