User Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Urinary Frequency

Myrbetriq has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 136 ratings for the treatment of Urinary Frequency. 38% of those users who reviewed Myrbetriq reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Myrbetriq Rating Summary

5.3/10 average rating

Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Frequency.

Reviews for Myrbetriq

David March 21, 2021

“My primary doctor recommended Oxybutynin for one month and said if no improvement in my evening frequency, I should see a urologist. So there was no improvement and the urologist prescribed Myrbetriq (50mg). The evening after the 4th pill, I could not pee at all and had to be rushed to emergency where they installed a catheter to empty my bladder that was ready to explode. I thought I was going to die until that put me on the catheter. I was on the catheter at home for 5 days suffering from the pain that the catheter was causing me. When the urologist removed the catheter, he did not know that urinary blockage was one of the side effects which really surprised me. I told him that before seeing him I had read some patient on Myrbetrig forums saying that the drug caused urinary blockages. He poo pooed the reason for their blockage and said they must have been prone to blockage rather than due to taking Mybetrig. I strongly disagree with his assessment.”

Ed · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2021

“I had a radical prostatectomy 12 months ago. I just completed radiation therapy. I am presently undergoing hormone treatment injections. All of the above resulted in extreme urinary frequency and urgency. My urologist started me on 25 mg of Myrbetriq 5 weeks ago. The first 4.5 weeks were disappointing with no improvement noted. Miraculously, on the 4th day of my 5 week course of Myrbetriq the URGENCY of my need to urinate literally disappeared. WOW! I am happy.”

Joots · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2021

“I have tried 2 meds already that did not help so now I’m trying Myrbetriq. I asked if I could be put on highest dosage right away and she agreed. What I don’t understand is everyone here talks like it is supposed to work right away when I was told it can take up to 3 months before it starts working. The Dr. Told me this. So I’m confused. As awful as frequent urination and feelings of it is hearing about 3 months was disappointing. It takes so long with all the meds one has to try, not knowing if any work. What a waste of time and money. Horrible thing to have. I’m almost wishing they did all the procedures first.”

Ghee · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2021

“Was having to get up every couple of hours at night to pee. My urologist gave me a 30 day sample of Myrbetriq. The meds seemed to work. I was now sleeping 4-5 hours without having to get up. What I didn't know is how expensive this drug is. Even with discounts, GoodRx, etc., cost was over $400 for 30 pills. There is no generic and like many of the big pharma's in the United States they can charge just about whatever they want. I wound up ordering the pills from Canada for $100 for 30 pills. My doctor wrote me a prescription for 90 pills so my cost was just slightly over $300. It was easy and took about 2 weeks for delivery from Canada. Too bad that big pharma in the US owns the politicians and can charge whatever they want.”

Small8rain · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 12, 2020

“I have taken this drug for 8 months. I was surprised that it worked right away because I had tried many other things like Ditropan, Uripaz etc that did not work. However the longer I have taken it the worse I feel from side effects. My hair started to fall out early on but I didn’t connect it with Myrbetiq until I read these reviews. Slowly it started to stop working as well, I had a UTI and now I have a pounding headache, my ears buzz, I am so dizzy I am afraid to take a shower, my nose runs steadily, my eyes burn. I can’t concentrate maybe because I feel as if my head will explode. I see my doctor tomorrow. Hopefully she will come up with a good alternative and I won’t have withdrawal from this med. I would rate it 7/10 for symptom relief but overall 0/10 because of the severe side effects, including palpitations, muscle cramps, itchy skin, skin so dry it flakes off as well as the other things I mentioned.”

KH · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 28, 2019

“I was on Myribiq 25mg daily for a year, then asked to go to 50mg daily and it has changed my life from the beginning (6 weeks into it). Helps with urgency, frequency and bladder spasms. I also lost weight from the drug, with no dieting, because it makes your metabolism faster. This is one reason you should never take the drug at night! The feeling you all have mentioned is your metabolism working faster. Take it in the morning or day to enjoy more energy! Everyone is different but I'm glad I gave it a try. I hope it continues to work for me. You should give it at least 6 weeks to work correctly with your body. My Urologist insisted it takes 6 weeks to kick in and he was right.”

Peach · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 18, 2019

“My Dr. prescribed Myrbetriq for my overactive bladder. I was getting up 3-4 times at night, & going every hour or so in the day. After 5 weeks, I called it quits. It did calm my bladder down, so that only going once at night & every few hours in daytime. The downside? I started having urge incontinence, & couldn't make it to the bathroom when I finally felt the urge to go. Just bending over to get out of bed, I would gush. Leaking through 2 pads a day. Nope, I'd rather be going often than peeing on myself. BTW, if you do take this med & find it too expensive, you may quality for free meds through the mfg. of this drug. I did.”

Rarinsharon · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2019

“Took 25 mg of Merbetriq samples then bought another months drug. I took a total of 40 days. It helped my urinary frequency at first, then my headache started during afternoon - evening hours, but I slept fine for first few days. Then headache became constant. Worst headache pain I have ever felt. Intense, constant stabbing pain. I became lethargic, did not want food and found minimum relief with ice on my head. Several nights with no sleep and then acquired fast heart beat, pounding in my ears. Often had vomit rising in my throat and I became totally immobile. Stopped taking Myrbetriq on September 12th, 2019. I am still nursing headache 4 days later. But pain is now intermittent with sparks or flashes of pain like starburst in my head. I ate oatmeal and scrambled eggs for first time today. Glad for the people this drug helped but recommend caution prior to using the drug.”

Tina · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2019

“I went to my doctor because I had experienced urinary frequency for some time with some leakage. She gave me a sample of Myrbetriq and everything seem to be fine. The only side effect that I had was I lost almost all of my hair! Are used to have with my friends and family would call Hollywood hair and now I have no hair and I am a 62-year-old female. I would avoid this medication if you want to keep your hair. I would rather pee myself then be bald!”

K.Muldoon December 7, 2013

“Only started yesterday, but in these 2 days - great. Number of trips to the bathroom during the day went from at least 12 to 5 yesterday and 6 today. I slept through the night last night without needing to get up once. Best of all, I was in the car running errands for over 2 hours and experienced absolutely no urgency. Small sample, but so far so good!”

TonyL · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

“This drug worked great for me. I was up urinating at night about 4-5 times a night and as frequently during the day. After one week I saw an improvement and after two months on it my night/day urination was back to normal. Has been 6 months since I finished the medication and still no problems. Hope it stays that way.”

PrincessPPQ November 3, 2016

“This drug has been an absolute game-changer for me. I've only been taking it for about 3 months so I am still getting used to not having to run to the bathroom every 15 mins. The effects were immediate. I noticed a drastic reduction in frequency just within the first few hours of taking my first dose. It's amazing to look back and see how much I (and my friends/family) had arranged their lives around my bladder - planning for bathroom breaks, making mad dashes to the bathroom when in public, and running on the verge of dehydration for years in an attempt to reduce the frequency. I can't imagine going back to that.”

KarenFL · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2019

“I’ve been on Myrbetriq for a little over a month now. I was thrilled that it worked on the first day and it seemed like my urinary frequently was cured !! But two to three weeks later I started experiencing terrible stomach pain after eating and then horrible diarrhea. My doctor tried to tell me it wasn’t myrbetriq that these are not common side effects of this drug but After reading these reviews, I see I am not alone suffering from these particular side effects. I'm sad about quitting this medication because it worked very well for my urinary issues. But I’m quitting this medication today.”

Mojo0242 · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2014

“I started Myrbetriq about three weeks ago. What a difference it has made in my life. The doctor gave me samples for 25 mg and I noticed a positive change the first day and even more after a few days. When my two week supply of samples ran out, I requested to try the 50 mg and this level has almost completely alleviated all the symptoms I was having. Now I'm battling with my insurance company to approve the medicine. Hopefully they will come through for me because this medication is working great.”

Shelly5 September 17, 2013

“I have been taking this medication for a month now and have noticed a big difference in the amount of times I go to the bathroom. It is great, but like with all the other medications you must watch the amount of caffeine you intake because it doesn't work as well. Caffeine will relax the muscle, but if I drink water or anything caffeine free I am fine. I can drink up to 3-4 glasses and still be ok. It worked better than all the others I've been put on.”

Pnut 43 November 16, 2013

“I have been on this medication for 2 months--50 mg. It has reduced my frequency slightly (from 20 to 18 times), but has relieved the bladder pressure and urgency (that was constant). I can almost sleep for 5 hrs without the need to urinate. It has significantly improved the quality of my life. When I started the medication I had headaches, but after a week they disappeared.”

sewtexas February 28, 2014

“This medication has changed my life. I could tell a difference with this medicine within a day or two of taking it. I can now leave my home and not worry about where the restrooms are located every where I go. I don't have to worry about having an "accident" on my way to the restroom. I can sleep all through the night. Only problem is, yesterday I received a letter from my insurance company stating it is no longer covered under my pharmacy benefit plan. So I can't afford to continue taking Myrbetriq.”

Ci. · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2019

“This Myrbetriq drug did help me at first with the overactive bladder but then stopped working. Do NOT take this drug. I was tired ALL of the time to the point where it was disgusting. I would nap three hours a day and felt so lazy. Changed who I was completely. Also made me very sick if I went out for a drink. Having hair loss issues as well. Isn’t worth it for me, I’d rather just pee my pants.”

Rose the one March 23, 2013

“I was given the 25mg for two weeks then progressed to the 50 mg. This pill is a God send. I felt relief with the first pill. As I continued to take the other pills for the first week, I have seen a very big improvement. I now control my bladder, it doesn't control me. I can sleep up to 5 hours a night without getting up to go. Thank you for this great medication. I have had no side effects. I love this medication and recommend it for others to try. It has changed my life.”

Miss Lulu · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2014

“I took Myrbetriq for 4 months for treatment of severe overactive bladder. It helped me only slightly and the side effects for me would have caused me to stop taking it even if it had been 100% helpful. It immediately spiked my blood pressure to an average of 180/110 and my blood pressure returned to normal as soon as I stopped taking it. It also caused me bladder pain which I can best describe as feeling like my bladder was filled with shards of broken glass whenever my bladder got full. I also had difficulty emptying my bladder. I wanted this to work but unfortunately it did not for me.”

2colliemom June 9, 2014

“Myrbetriq worked 100% when I first started on it. Somehow, I missed taking it for several days and the symptoms returned. I have been faithfully taking it for 3 months since the 'break' in taking it and there is no reduction in my symptoms. I am back to where I was before I was prescribed the medicine.”

MaudeinFL · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2019

“Suffering for YEARS have with bladder issues and have seen several urologists to no avail. Past year has been progressively worse. Went to a urologist 2 days ago and was diagnosed with OAB. Was given 2 treatment options: PT for pelvic floor exercises or pills. He told me about 2 different pills and I said I have low BP so I would choose Myrbetriq, but I’ll try the PT 1st. He gave me 25mg samples and I decided not to wait for PT. Noticed a huge difference DAY ONE. Helping much more daytime than night, but hoping that improves, it has only been 2 days now. What a relief to not have that constant bladder pressure and urge-worrying about where a bathroom is! I will still try the PT as I take no meds and hate them, but this is a miracle to me-have not noticed any other side effects, except extreme joy. Again we are talking Day 2 now. Happy to share this experience.”

Winter · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2019

“I began with 10mg , 25mg and now 50mg ER. Urologist gave me samples not sure out of pocket costs yet. My issue that got me taking this is I've had urgency, frequency, spastic bladder, leaking after urinating. So elated for this to work, it was my first time getting any help for this issue ,and referral. Sooo it worked!But then it went down hill when I began the 50mg one week ago. I began having Weakness in my arms and left eye twitching after the 2nd dose of 50 mg, irritability, dry throat ,unable to empty bladder, severe constipation , bloating. Constipation was deciding factor to stop taking it today, and not being able to empty my bladder. Maybe my urologist will put me on lower dose because it was working. I had an occasional headache, I can deal with that. Others may have minimal side effects, and that's great. However, I didn't, I had many with 50mg. Also I have seen only a hand full of people with muscle weakness, and eye twitching I'm guessing it can effect the nervous system in some of us.”

water · Taken for less than 1 month September 26, 2020

“Been on Myrbetriq 50 mg daily for 4 weeks for overactive bladder. Had bad side effects of very high blood pressure and constant burning pain in bladder and in urethra when peeing! Ditropan worked better. I've been in agony. Dr. didn't pick up on the side effects of feeling like a constant bladder infection effects! I figured it out myself!!!!!!!!!”

Rexlow September 18, 2013

“I have tried several medications with only a slight improvement. I was going to the toilet average 15 times a day and now about 8-9. But the good thing is I can now sleep at night. For the past couple of years I have been waking up 2-3 times at night and now I can sleep for 6-8 hours. Not only has it improved but there is less side effects. Not much or a dry mouth. Finally a medicine that works.”

Sunshine · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2021

“I took 25mg for a couple weeks with no problem, but no noticeable results. My doctor put me on 50g Myrbetriq. I slept through the night. That was my first full nights sleep in 2 years. I would wake up almost every hour to visit the bathroom. For 3 days I was positively in heaven taking 50mg Myrbetriq, but I was having side affects, each day more noticeable side affects. On the third day, my atrial fibrillation was severe, sore neck, pounding headache and earache. My blood pressure rose and my vision burred so bad I went to my doctor, who sent me to another eye doctor. By the end of the third day I was scheduled for eye surgery. 50mg Myrbetriq works, but were my side effects all a coincidence or real side affects? In todays society we regret the economic losses more than the loss of life, besides what really could go wrong, any prescription has a FDA approval.”

Happy Patient · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2013

“This medication is first in class. It is not the same as the other Overactive Bladder medications. I was unable to take the other meds because of dry mouth. This medication gave me zero dry mouth and it works!”

Alexa · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 20, 2019

“I have been on 25mg of Myrbetriq for 15 months now for OAB. It has given me my quality of life back with normal frequency of urination. It is wonderful! There are mild side effects of slight weight gain and occasional gastric upset. These are well worth the positive effects of the drug. I plan to continue taking it!”

Learn more about Urinary Frequency