User Reviews for Myrbetriq

Learn more about Myrbetriq.

Myrbetriq Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for Myrbetriq to treat Overactive Bladder

"Only interested in Men's experience. Just started taking it for nighttime Nocturia, issue. I did wake with headache after 2 days so will go until things get worse. Nighttime wake ups were pretty bad so I'm hoping side effects are tolerable. Worried my urination won't shut down"

Oldman:83 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It is is totally ineffective for over-active bladder , spasms , and other related systems . I'm dropping it as a medication ."

mcgillihuddy March 20, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So far this medication works , some days I feel cured; other days are not so good. No bad side effects only insomnia , Now I take it in the morning 25 mg.,other than that I do not have complaints."

lala2886 March 9, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took one 50mg dose and woke a few hours later with serious chest pains, a bad chemical taste in my mouth and nose. I have no idea whether it changed the bladder problem and I will not touch it again."

old bill (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been taking for 10 mths. I went from every 15 min. urges to (on average) 1.5-2.0 hrs. It's much better, yes. But even though, getting up 4-5 times a night is not ideal. Side effects: 2 nose bleeds so far after 6 mth mark. No big deal. Constipation, (can be taken care of with stool softeners, when needed) had dry mouth, but has subsided almost completely. During the few weeks of taking this medication symptoms seemed to get worse. But it got much better after 6-8 weeks. I take it at 6-7pm. Doesn't make me sleepy or keep me awake. I hope to God, there will be another drug in the near future that will be better than what's out there now, and hopefully less expensive."

Anonymous 50 yr. female (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this medication for about 2 months . First I took the 25mg it worked for a few weeks then stopped so I bumped it up to the 50mg it works but I'm going. It doesn't stop working like the 25mg did ....... due to the side effects I'm having I think I'm going to quit taking this medication ...... headaches , confusion , blurry vision , leg cramps , high blood pressure , rapid heart beating , dry mouth , anxiety , not sleeping if I take it at night , uti , chest tightness ......"

Fnb (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I would never recommend this medicine. I had a bad reaction from it and I will never take it again and neither should you."

jamie2017 January 5, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been taking this drug irregularly due to headaches and blood in urine. Was hoping I had found something to work. Since my last dose in November I have had lots of blood in the urine. I think the manufacturer should be told of these issues. Having cystoscopy in early January to hopefully find out what is going on in the bladder. "

Hematuria nightmare (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Myrbetriq 25 mg worked immediately and helped decrease urinary frequency about 25%, while increasing volume of urine 27%. However, it also increased my frequency of ocular migraines (visual disturbance). So my Urogynocologist did not increase the dosage to further decrease my frequency and after 1.5 months, I stopped taking it. I'm disappointed. This is the third drug I have taken that I could not tolerate the side effects. Now my other options are posterior tibial nerve stimulation or botox."

getcarter (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"good results"

pigsears (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 11, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug has been an absolute game-changer for me. I've only been taking it for about 3 months so I am still getting used to not having to run to the bathroom every 15 mins. The effects were immediate. I noticed a drastic reduction in frequency just within the first few hours of taking my first dose. It's amazing to look back and see how much I (and my friends/family) had arranged their lives around my bladder - planning for bathroom breaks, making mad dashes to the bathroom when in public, and running on the verge of dehydration for years in an attempt to reduce the frequency. I can't imagine going back to that."

PrincessPPQ November 3, 2016

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking it regularly for about a week it was very helpful at first and sleep well. Now I'm is so much pain in the bladder and right kidney mostly in my back. I'm starting to really worry. My blood pressure is really high and I'm having blurring vision. Thank god I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow. That's if I don't have to go to the hospital"

never taking this med again (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Myrbetriq 25 mg for my interstitial cystitis made my symptoms worse. I started on a Friday, had some mild side effects such as dizziness, stomach pain, heartburn, racing heart and headache. They increased in intensity, I was physically exhausted for no reason and I was peeing close to 50 times a day, more than double. I contacted my Dr and left a message, but stupidly continued taking the meds for 3 more days, thinking side effects would go away. They got worse. At that point the bladder pain and pain when peeing was so excruciating, I thought I was going to die. I took AZO Bladder Pain Relief which helped with the pain since my Dr never called back. A week later, I'm back to where I started with my IC. And my Dr has still not called."

Xena P (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Mybetriq for almost 4 years now, and it has been a life saver. I tried many other overactive bladder drugs on the market with no success. I even had an interstim implant to control my bladder. The Mybetriq worked better than anything else and I even had my implant taken out. The Mybetriq has everything under control and I am so thankful to have found a drug that finally worked. I have had no side effects that often come with other drugs. My insurance will stop covering Mybetriq as of Jan. 2017, so I am not sure what I am going to do. Mybetriq has been my guardian angel for my bladder - I don't know where I'd be without it."

DoubleH October 27, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Myrbetric caused me to have a Urinary Tract Infection. I thought I had the flu; by the time I realized I needed help I was septic and developed atrial fibrillation. Now I am on blood thinners to avoid a stroke and my OAB is worse than ever, practically ruining my life. I had to leave a family wedding to avoid a major malfunction; it is threatening my employment and my ability to do my job. I am terrified of accidents and must take extra clothes with me, even on a trip to the grocery store. It is embarrassing. My doctor had provided me with free samples and I was taking those when it worked great for about 10 weeks, then stopped working; about 3 weeks later I was hospitalized with the UTI, septicemia & AFIB with a heart rate 180 bpm."

PhysMaster P August 15, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Took This medication at 50mg within 3 days lost consciousness had to go to ER by squad and had horrible positional vertigo resulting in uncontrollable vomiting. No reason for this episode found after CT scan EgG and blood Work? Drug interaction? I'm still a little dizzy 2 days later. Don't know if the episode was related to the drug but I'm not taking it. untested..to many potential drug interactions."

Mary Z (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Decreased urinary frequency within first 2 days of 25mg per day. I've had mild Gi symptoms that are very manageable. I have low back and hip pain that have become severe. This is my third week of the med. I do not want to give this Med up... but can't take this pain. :/"

Jane jane jane July 28, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Worked immediately for me within hours of taking it. Such a relief! Thankfully my insurance covers it. I am taking the 59 mg extended release if that is any different. I have had virtually no side effects and I am even on blood pressure medicine and had kidney failure once!"

Simdiva (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this medication for approximately 6 days. I have been experiencing pins and needle pain on my feet, hands and breast. Also fatigue and sore inside upper lip. Will be seeing my physician this week. Has anyone experience this? May have to stop mybetriq."

PR55 July 10, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Myrbetriq since 2/29/15, I take the 25mg as I am only 4;11 and 90 pounds. I was taking toviaz before that, and trospium chloride before that. Myrbetriq is a miracle drug for me I was going 40x a day...I now go about 10 on a good day and 18 on a so so day if I grab a cofffee. I have tried things like bladder trainning, that didn't work for me. I was dx with oab in october I am a 32 year old female. I try also to stay away from bladder irritants. Sometimes I want to see what the 50mg do but I think for my weight that maybe too much. I noticed a diffrence at about week three. It also got me through a colonoscopy too I was so scared to drink all that water."

elle woods (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was helpful for three days and after that was unstoppable urine. Is a nightmare I am living now. Did not have sides effect on me. Thanks God I did not pay for, was samples from Dr."

Baker's patient (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Myrbetric and Vesacare for about nine months. I had dry mouth and some heart racing but didn't connect it to the medication. My migraines also occurred with more frequency but again I didn't connect it to the medication until I read the entries on this site. Last week, all of a sudden, the drugs stopped working and I became unable to control my bladder. I have to take peridium every eight hours or I am in pain like I have a UTI but my urine culture is clear. My doctor is scheduling me for Botox injections via cystoscopy. I hope it works because I can barely leave the house."

Sue Jo June 28, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After complaining to my urologist that the Oxybutynin Hydrocloride I had been taking for years had stopped working, he gave me a 30 day sample pack of Myrbetriq 50mg to try. Although it really didn't work any better- same amount of urgency and leakage- I went ahead and ordered a 90 day supply from CVS Caremark. I figured newer was better, right? Wrong! Within 3 days I broke out in severe hives all over my body. I did not immediately make the connection, so I took my regular dose of Myrbetriq again on the fourth day. My hives became so bad I called my doctor and luckily he connected the dots and ordered me off the Myrbetriq and onto a five day course of Prednisone. Be very wary of this drug!"

Pennyeve June 12, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm only 40 years old and after a life time of urgency and frequency - Myrbetriq has changed everything! I can remember being in my early teens and having dreadful pain throughout the day - it's been like that until now. I've been on 50mg for about 3 weeks now no really side effect yet. Except one that puzzles me - somehow it's relieved body and joint pain I've had for years. I have a couple of autoimmune diseases, so I always thought that pain was caused by that - and my doctors treated me for it too. I've tried finding information on if Myrbetriq somehow helps with pain, but I haven't found anything on it. Perhaps it's jjust a reaction I've had? It's just odd and I'm not one to just to conclusion but I can't help assume."

GSITCON (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have used Myrbetriq its great. I do not like how expensive it is,. I do have discount card and it helps.They need to lower the price on this."

packerpoke May 27, 2016