User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Camila, Errin, Ortho Micronor, Aygestin, Lyza, Tulana, Jencycla, Incassia, Norlyda, Nora-Be, Jolivette, Norlyroc, Heather, Sharobel Deblitane

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4.2
Amenorrhea 6.8
Birth Control 5.1
Endometriosis 5.6
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 5.0 1,113 reviews

Reviews for Norethindrone

Brinahh September 21, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I have been using for 2 years.I Love it.”

T · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Been on Errin birth control pill for about 2 months. I ended my normal cycle September 3rd. On September 12th I started my period again and am still bleeding heavily. I immediately stopped after I began my period within a week of if it ending. Drinking a lot of water to try and flush everything out and hoping that this stops soon ”

Girl Mom September 14, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was prescribed this pill postpartum. I took it for 5 weeks and never got a period. At week 5 I woke up to SEVERE stomach pain/cramps. At first I didn’t know what was causing the stomach pain. After process of elimination I circled it back to this contraceptive. I stopped taking the pill and within 48 hrs the stomach cramps went away. I know everyone’s body reacts differently and this may work for some but the pain seriously felt like contractions and was a little startling at first not knowing why I was in so much pain. I will never take this pill again”

angel · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Was on the depo shot for 2 years. Everything was okay the first year but I switched because my last 6 months on it was terrible! I had no period for 4 months, it made my depression worse, I was always bloated, gained over 30 pounds, had nipple discharge, and was struggling to stay self lubricated during sex. I decided to switch to a pill and my doctor recommended Errin due to my background of migraines. I have been on it for almost 4 months and I got my period back a month into it, I am no longer constantly depressed or constantly bloated, it doesn’t seem to give me rapid weight gain (I lost two pounds since starting), no more nipple discharge (my breasts grew half a cup size, actually), and I have no dryness issues. I finally feel normal again. I would give it a 10/10 but I haven't been on it long enough. I would recommend anyone who had a good experience with depo that turned horrible to try Errin out.”

Fireball · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: “Errin is a medical miracle. I have been off bith control for quite some time and have started this wonderful medication. My sex drive is up, I feel so much energy, Im excited for my husband to come home. So far no bleeding or spotting. And I have been urinating like crazy so it looks like a am dropping a ton of water weight. I'm excited to see what next month hold as far as my period goes. Thank you for whomever made this drug. My husband and I love you......”

Jan · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 9, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've been taking Heather since June 2020, after not so great experiences with the combination pill and my family's history of strokes. For side effects, in general, I have a really high metabolism, so I haven't noticed any weight gain. I haven't noticed any changes in libido. I used to get periods every 30-35 days and after 2 months of taking it, my period stopped in August 2020, and I didn't get any abnormal or mid-cycle bleeding. Birth control reacts differently to each of us, but I just wanted to share my positive experience with it.”

LC · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 4, 2020

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was prescribed Sharobel for abnormal bleeding and because I can’t take estrogen due to clotting problems. It started out rough - the cramping was severe and my periods were heavier. I had horrible breast tenderness. There are definitely pros and cons to taking this pill. I’ve been on it a year and it hasn’t regulated my cycles. I sometimes have two a month, sometimes I’m very late or sometimes I just have spotting. I’ve gotten some acne and minor hair loss. However, I used to have chronic UTI’s and that stopped after starting this pill. My cycles are also now extremely light and here and there, no cramping and really no pms. I’m staying on it.”

Jackie · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 2, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “So I have experienced being on both Camila and Mylan brand. Camila was the first birth control I was prescribed. For the first few months, my hair was falling out. But within a year, it grew back. Other than that, it is an amazing birth control. Better than all of the others I've tried in the past. Best of all, I didn't get a period, which I have a history of extremely painful periods. But due to insurance reasons, I recently was switched to Mylan brand. I'm 2 months in and am requesting to go back on Camila. I get periods again, but the pain is terrible also cramps, acne, depression, sore breasts, and really bad muscle pain that keeps me up at night. Don't get sucked into believing that generic vs brand name drugs are the same. There are inactive ingredients that many people experience with generic. This isn't the only medication I have problems with the generic version of.”

poopie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “If you enjoy having your period daily for a month and a half straight, and feeling bloated and pregnant - without actually being pregnant, then this is the pill for you. You get all the wonderful symptoms of early pregnancy, bloating, tender swelling breasts, weight gain, hunger, plus the added bonus of having your period every day as well. It is a win win.!!!!!! In case you can't tell ,I'm being sarcastic. This pill is not worth the hassle. It would be more convenient, had I actually been pregnant ,then dealing with all that. Pretty sure I ended up being anemic before I finished finally said no more and stopped taking them. I was only on them for a month and a half, in which I had my period almost every day. Stopped taking the pills and period finally stopped a day or 2 later. This pill is garbage.”

Kora · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I've been on this birth control Heather for 2 months. I'm pretty sure the mechanism of action for this drug is actually just abstinence because bleeding and cramping for 3.5 weeks each month is not conducive to having sex. The depression (which I have no prior history of) doesn't help. My medical professional never warned me about any side effects and has since told me to "stick it out", so I'll give it a full three months. I had been on estrogen-based birth control for over 20 years and loved it but, hypertension :( At this point though, I'd almost rather have the hypertension) And can I just take a moment to rant that in all my many trips to the gyno over the years for birth control no one has EVER brought up vasectomy, when uterine ablation (literally burning out the inside of the uterus) has been suggested though. Come on!! Vasectomy was the first thing my partner suggested (bless him), so we may end up going that route.”

TX gal · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’m 41 and was prescribed Jencycla after recently having my last child a few months ago. Within a few days of starting Jencycla I had hives on my chest which spread to bumps on my hands and arms (some filled with fluid) as well as hives on the front and back of my thighs and legs. Due to COVID and having two small children I’ve not been out of the house (nor has my spouse). I’ve also not tried any new foods or detergents, or done any outside yard work. The only new thing I’ve been exposed to is this birth control. I stopped after reading a similar review on here and my itching resolved within 24 hours, however the skin blotches and bumps will take days to resolve. In total I took this birth control for 7 days. Maybe it would have resolved itself but the discomfort and physical embarrassment/unsightly look weren’t worth it. I’ve previously taken other birth control pill brands (16 years in total) without any issue. I will never try this one again.”

Jess · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 24, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “If you’re trying not to get pregnant do not take this Errin brith control! I was out on this due to acute high blood pressure by my pcp after being on the combo pill for years. 6 months in I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy and having to have surgery to remove it along with my entire right Fallopian tube. I never missed a pill or was late. Took it by alarm every single day!! Be aware!!!”

Kimmycat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 24, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I’m fifty and I took Errin birth control pill for six months and just quit it due to side effects. I lost a lot of hair, which was extremely noticeable. You can now see my scalp through my hair from five feet away. I used to have thick hair so this really affected me. I also had painful cystic acne around my mouth. I never had acne my entire life. Always had great skin. Now I have scars on my face. Lastly, lengthy heavy bleeding during my period. It would last ten days and consisted of large clots of blood that would leak out past a tampon. It’s just not worth it. Avoid at all costs.”

Rebma August 23, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “This birth control pill Heather riddled me with horrible acne. My skin was beautiful and clear and now I can’t stop crying when I look at it. I’ve never had acne this bad. Not to mention, I had my period for a straight month, and felt like my uterus was ripping apart. I’ve been off of it for almost two months, my face still looks awful and clearing very slowly. Side effects were not worth it.”

anna · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2020

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I switched to Errin 4 months ago after learning that my migraines were likely due to the combo-pill. I have not had a single migraine since switching and I used to get them every other month. So a bit too soon to say for sure, but it seems to be helping in that regard. I had perfect skin on the combo pill and unfortunately get minor acne with Errin. My skin feels bumpy but there isn't visible acne so it could be worse. The first month I had a normal period, then no period for 2 months. During this 4th month I've had a heavy, long period that just doesn't seem to want to end. I'm hoping this goes away because the first 3 months were great. But reducing my risk of stroke and eliminating my migraines is enough for me to stay on the mini pill.”

5kidsandcounting · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was diagnosed with a uterine fibroid and bled extraordinarily heavy for 2 weeks straight; saturating overnight maxi every hour for two weeks. Finally ended up needing a blood transfusion, and the on call OBGYN prescribed this norethindrone to help slow the bleeding. No joke, it completely stopped within 24 hours! I do have some bloating, a moderate headache, and some uterine cramping, but it's definitely better than bleeding nonstop, and paying a small fortune in feminine products!!”

Sammy August 12, 2020

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was on another birth control for awhile and I was pretty happy with it, my anxiety relaxed and I was able to be okay and gain a couple pounds but it was healthy amount of pounds. For some reason my birth control had switched and I got the Nora-Be one. My anxiety went from being okay to completely down hill again. My weight was now exceeding way too much I was 116 and now 139, I have also been 114-120 (last year I was 116) for around four years since I have fast metabolism. It also has caused me to get bacterial vaginosis and then caused a UTI because sadly I actually didn’t know I had one for a couple of weeks that I had an infection because I was not very educated on infections since I never had one until taking this birth control. Please if you notice symptoms talk to a doctor or ask for a switch. I understand everyone’s body is different but this pill was not the right one for me.”

Kris · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2020

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “So this is my first time ever on birth control and tbh I was very nervous about starting it because I know it can have horrific side effects. I have now been on this pill for 18 days and the only side effects I’ve noticed was I was ravenous last week. Lol I wanted to eat ALL the things, I didn’t . But, honestly other than that I’ve had no issues. And I’m very happy with it thus far. Hoping my experience continues to be good!”

Ann · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Got prescribed norethindrone to me for premenopausal symptoms, have been bleeding now going on the 4th week! Called last week they told me to stay on it . I am not liking this at all and they said the other alternative would be IUD. Which I am not happy about. May be calling my family np to see what’s going on. This pill is horrible!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 6, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Endometriosis: “I’m 47 and my OBGYN put me on Heather after I had issues with cysts and endometriosis about 2 years ago and it has worked amazing for me in regards to pain. I don’t get my period as often now and my pain went for a 9 to a 1 in about 6 months. It has been a life changer for me. I can’t say how well it works for actual birth control since I’ve never been about to conceive even before starting this medication.”

Kate · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 5, 2020

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I wish I had never even heard of this pill Ortho Micronor. I switched to it because the combination pill started giving me migraines. The first month was great. And then I gained about 15 pounds overnight and broke out in cystic acne all along my jawline and chin. I’ve been off it now for two months. The weight came off as fast as I put it on, thank god. But my skin is ruined. It won’t stop breaking out. I’ve never had acne like this in my life, not even as a teenager. I wouldn’t recommend this pill to my worst enemy.”

Kenny · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Anxiety galore! I have an anxiety disorder but, my gyno believes it's "hormonal anxiety". Basically, around the time of my period I would have anxiety. I was given this Camila birth control pill, after countless trial and errors with other progesterone only birth control pills. This pill caused me 3 weeks of anxiety attacks.”

Kate Nance · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Amenorrhea: “Biggest side effects starting on this Heather pill were terrible headaches, fatigue, acne. Decided the side effects were not worth the benefit. Decided to try some natural remedies instead.”

Red · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 28, 2020

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “I was put on Heather tablet for my migraines with aura and to prevent pregnancy. I was on it for well over 6 months. It did help with the migraines and ovarian cyst, but here I am.....pregnant. And before anyone asks, no, I did NOT miss or skip a pill.”

baby # 3 on the way · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 23, 2020

Jencycla (norethindrone) for Birth Control: “Used this Jencycla birth control pill as an alternative to my old prescription while I was breastfeeding. I am now pregnant with my 3rd! a lot sooner than I was planning. I never missed a pill and always took on time, I drank one time during this cycle.”