User Reviews for Metoprolol Succinate ER

Left Ventricular Dysfunction

1 review 16 medications
Summary of Metoprolol Succinate ER reviews 6.9 36 reviews

Reviews for Metoprolol Succinate ER

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I've tried to use this drug two separate times and in less than two weeks extreme, almost suicidal, depression set in along with fatigue, shortness of breath and a constant heavy feeling in the chest. It made my diastolic heart failure feel much worse. At night my heart rate was 45 even when I was wide awake. All this on just a 25 mg. starting dose. I had the same reaction to propanolol several years ago. I'll live with the SVT far more comfortably. Quality of life counts!"

Ann (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I have only been taking 3-4 days and hate it. I have the lowest dose I'm told. Went to doctors and then E.R. for second opinion and was told my heart beats are off and race. Almost 3 yrs ago I had an Ablation done where they snipped something to stop my rapid heart beats cause I was having them too often. Then this one day and they give me this. It makes me depressed and then at night my whole body hurts. But I'm fine in the morning. I have heartburn as well so have to take tums . Going back to my doctor tomorrow cause I don't want to take this anymore. Only taking 25 mg ."

Meech March 11, 2018

For Mitral Valve Prolapse "I’ve been on Metoprolol for years and I absolutely can not miss a day of taking a pill because this med has regulated my heartbeat within minutes of swallowing it."

Pack78 (taken for 10 years or more) January 31, 2018

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I was prescribed this to lower my heart rate, which had been averaging around 110. Originally I was prescribed the instant release, having to take two tabs a day. It dropped my heart rate to around 75. I started taking the succinate ER formulation recently, and it works well all day long with just one dose. It seems to have little to no effect on my blood pressure though, and I take lisinopril separately for that."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "I've only been on this med for three weeks; my b/p seems to be adjusting how ever it's normal or low at bedtime for example (110/46) (118/60) in the morning when I take it it's (178/90) 188/84) as the goes on it drops to (142/68) strange things happen to our bodies as we age .I'm going to continue taking it to see if my pressure become adjusted after three months I'll check the progress."

Loke (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "I'm supposed to take this medication for my blood pressure but a year and half later the pressure is still the same even though doctor increase the dose from 50 to 100 mg. Seems like the doctor care more about my heart rate (that is Lower than before so is working), but my blood pressure is ever the same, especially the night time is ever 8 around 85/140 (sometimes 150 or 160). I told this many times but he still thinking about the BPM..so at the end the BPM decrease but not the blood pressure so is working 50/50. PS I gained more than 10lb after using the metoprolol"

ABarbato October 3, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "Went to have foot injury x-rayed at urgent care, and spiked a blood pressure of 195/110 maybe due to pain.Was given this by IV in the ER, then pills for 3-4 nights at home. It lowered my b.p. by like 20 points/day, and I was fine for 2 days, but then had episodes of exhaustion to the point where I had to lie on the couch for hours to recover from simple housework like washing pots. Was also short of breath like I'd run 5 miles. Swallowing felt weird. Got disoriented while driving. It's a 9 on effectiveness, but can't tolerate the side effects. Am 63/F."

Rocky74 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "Have very frequent Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs), heart testing said my heart is fine. Put me on metoprolol succinate ER. Been taking for a year now & PVCs are still as often as they were. I see/feel no improvement. Taking at night & valsartan in a.m experiencing BP drops. My BP is very high in the morning, like 167/110, before I take my daily dosage of valsartan. Within 2 hours of taking it my BP hasn't improved, then at about 5 hours after I take my BP med my BP plummets to like 71/54, sometimes lower. I fall asleep without even realizing it when it happens & sleep for about half hour. BP readings, about 4 times daily, shows PVCs at all times with an infrequent no PVC reading. Not convinced this med is doing anything for me."

momom (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "I had high blood pressure going up to 170/ 95 and after 3 weeks of use with 50 mg. My blood pressure went down to normal levels 120/ 80. No side effects at all. Works well for me especially when I compare it with previous used medicine ( Lisinopril) which gave me a bad cough."

Pauca (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "Prescribed 50mg day for post AFib/flutter ablation rate control while healing for a month or so. I've taken the regular non ER version before for similar reasons after coming out of AFib/flutter but usually had to stop very soon due to dropping rate and BP below the low end of the normal ranges. So far the ER tabs seem to be not as aggressive on that, but I'm not sure if I'll make the full recovery time with them. I haven't had any of the "loopiness" or fog that I've had with the non ER version which were 25's cut in half 2x day."

flyinion (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "My experience is that while Metoprolol Succinate ER controls my Sinus Tachycardia, I have difficulty with glucose control, high triglycerides, swelling in my ankles, severe muscle cramps at times, and shortness of breath. Before taking Metoprolol my memory was great, now not so much."

Rose_budd (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 25, 2017

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I do not like this medicine I have gained a lot of weight, runny nose, tired all the time and very bad and crazy dreams."

Wykesha March 24, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "After I started to to this I couldn't see, Heart was racing, arms and legs were numb, and I went from over 181/100 to 105/79 and lite Head."

Azdal February 24, 2017

For High Blood Pressure "I was on 50 mg's of Metropolol twice per day and had a few high readings of 200/80 due to anxiety. Doctor raised me to 100 ER twice per day plus Lorsartan. I feel like a zombie. It has lowered my BP but I have several side effects listed such as dizziness, tiredness, confused at times, dry mouth, burping and a few other side effects. I have been on this high dose of ER for 10 days and I don't think I will be able to take this drug in such a high dose much longer. The doctor wants me to go for heart tests to find out why my pressure went so high. High blood pressure runs in my family and I could stand to lose 20 pounds which I am trying to do."

Hope to feel better soon February 21, 2017

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "Just wanted to share my experience getting OFF metoprololER 25 mg, and switching to Diltiazem ER, 120 mg. After a pulmonary embolism (no symptoms except PVCs), I suffered PVC w/anxiety and panic attacks, even while treating blood clots with Coumadin. I was put on 25 mg metoprolol ER to help the anxiety and PVCs- it helped immediately. I stayed on several years. I continued the dosage, and tried to stay/get in shape. I steadily gained weight, assumed it was age. Exercising felt impossible. After a year or so, I was also having afternoon hypotension upon standing quickly. I developed symptoms of asthma and chest tightness + fatigue. I was switched to Diltiazem. After 8 days of body adjustment (w/small amt Ativan 2 days), I again feel human."

szuletik (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "My doctor prescribed me Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg and advised me to take half first few days. When I did, I began to have a rush down my body and severe tremors began. My heart rate jumped to 138, it was pounding. I tried laying down, still. I even had chest pain. I usually get low blood pressure but I only felt very tired, not dizzy or fainty. I called my doctor, and he asked me to go to the ER to make sure everything is okay. I did. They did XRAY, blood work, gave me IV to flush it out. Everything was normal. My HR kept jumping from 67 to 105 suddenly. I was told to stop taking it. I am bummed out because I was looking forward to this helping me. After everything, my HR has was 54 resting and 72 active. It did afterwards!"

Delmarie020 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "Metoprolol 75mg/daily. Dizzy & off balance, nausea, weight gain, joint pain, extreme fatigue with breathlessness, hair loss. I accidently cut down on taking it when I had the flu. Lost 10 lbs due to hardly eating for 1 1/2 weeks. Noticed that I was thinking more clearly, had no nausea, joint pain was pretty much gone and I had more energy. Checked bp and it was still in the normal range. Am weaning myself off and am down to 25mg daily as I continue working to diet. Easier to lose weight now, too. I can breathe much more normally now and have better balance."

MJEBS. October 3, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "Taking for blood pressure..white coat hypertension.....usually 180/100 with pulse 104 in doctors office...my anxiety down...bp now usually 114/70 with pulse 70...taking 50mg. Only side effect very tired..hopefully will go away."

Counting12 August 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "I originally started taking Metoprolol 25 mg once a day due to SVTs. they helped calm them down a bit. I also have PVCs and PACs especially when my blood pressure is superhigh. I am now back on this medication and started at 25 mg, within a few months it was up to 50 mg, I recently went up 100mg from my GP, but now my cardiologist up me to 200 mg. I have been only taking 100-150 mg. I break to be 100 mg pill in half and take 50 mg every six hours. My blood pressure went from 197/130 to approx 147/97. I have recently changed my diet dramatically and Inc. swimming and walking as an exercise. 49F, 208lbs. Sedentary life for 5 years. No side effects at all. Take with food though as directed. Causes nausea w/o food for me."

SharynLP July 20, 2016

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "My cardiologist prescribed one half Watson metaprolol succinate 25 to normalize heart rate in Dec. and this is new form for me and is much better product than Mylan metaprolol tartrate I was on before, it caused breathing and chest discomfort and I quit taking it. I don't like taking a beta blocker but Watson product I feel is much better and it can help me control heart rate."

Anonymous June 19, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "Worked well in lowering my blood pressure, pulse rate, even helped some with my anxiety. I've noticed no side effects, which is great because usually I find some reason to dislike drugs I am prescribed to. However I've had no issues with this."

Alex N (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "After having a constant heart rate of 110/20 even when resting, occasional heart palpitations, anxiety, and high blood pressure, I was put on Metoprolol success ER 25 mgs, that I half to 12.5mgs. It's been wonderful! I am so much more relaxed, my heart rate stays around 75 to 80. Blood Pressure stays in a normal range. Love it! I'm female, 47, 5 2` ( 135lbs )"

Lilac lover January 18, 2016

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "Took it for about a month and a half after being diagnosed with SVT. No episodes but had 2-3 episodes of fuzziness/confusion while trying to work. Dr switched me to Diltiazem."

Dawn314 November 22, 2015

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I wanted to add on a couple things to my previous review. Everyone warned me about how tired I was going to be since this medication would literally be slowing my heart down but I've never experienced that. I don't sleep much and have insomnia so that could be why. I also have experienced crazy dreams and I sleep walk from time to time. I've always had dreams and talked in my sleep but I think the medication makes it a little worse especially if you're taking it closer to bed time. I do get a little light headed if I stand up quick and bend down but it's not bad. The benefit I get from this medication outweighs any of these insignificant side effects. I would recommend to push through any side effects and let the medication adapt to you!"

JR44933 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 17, 2015

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I'm a 22 year old Female. (115/5'1) Long story short, I found out I had Tachycardia and experienced palpitations as well. I had extreme anxiety because of it which made it worse. I got prescribed Metoprolol Tartrate twice a day at first and it was a nightmare. It actually had like a reverse reaction on me and gave me constant flutters for a whole day. The doctor told me to take Magnesium twice a day with it and it would help and it definitely did. I eventually switched to the extended release, once a day, along with Magnesium and I couldn't be happier. I feel a lot more relaxed and normal. Had few palps still with Tartrate but not with Succinate (yet). I wanted to wait to write a review because I know I relied on reviews. Hope this helps!"

J4493 November 13, 2015