User Reviews for Metoprolol Succinate ER

Learn more about Metoprolol Succinate ER.

Mitral Valve Prolapse 1 reviews 12 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 121 medications

Left Ventricular Dysfunction 1 reviews 15 medications

Summary of Metoprolol Succinate ER reviews 22 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Metoprolol Succinate ER

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction "Just wanted to share my experience getting OFF metoprololER 25 mg, and switching to Diltiazem ER, 120 mg. After a pulmonary embolism (no symptoms except PVCs), I suffered PVC w/anxiety and panic attacks, even while treating blood clots with Coumadin. I was put on 25 mg metoprolol ER to help the anxiety and PVCs- it helped immediately. I stayed on several years. I continued the dosage, and tried to stay/get in shape. I steadily gained weight, assumed it was age. Exercising felt impossible. After a year or so, I was also having afternoon hypotension upon standing quickly. I developed symptoms of asthma and chest tightness + fatigue. I was switched to Diltiazem. After 8 days of body adjustment (w/small amt Ativan 2 days), I again feel human."

szuletik (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "My doctor prescribed me Metoprolol Succinate ER 25mg and advised me to take half first few days. When I did, I began to have a rush down my body and severe tremors began. My heart rate jumped to 138, it was pounding. I tried laying down, still. I even had chest pain. I usually get low blood pressure but I only felt very tired, not dizzy or fainty. I called my doctor, and he asked me to go to the ER to make sure everything is okay. I did. They did XRAY, blood work, gave me IV to flush it out. Everything was normal. My HR kept jumping from 67 to 105 suddenly. I was told to stop taking it. I am bummed out because I was looking forward to this helping me. After everything, my HR has was 54 resting and 72 active. It did afterwards!"

Delmarie020 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "Metoprolol 75mg/daily. Dizzy & off balance, nausea, weight gain, joint pain, extreme fatigue with breathlessness, hair loss. I accidently cut down on taking it when I had the flu. Lost 10 lbs due to hardly eating for 1 1/2 weeks. Noticed that I was thinking more clearly, had no nausea, joint pain was pretty much gone and I had more energy. Checked bp and it was still in the normal range. Am weaning myself off and am down to 25mg daily as I continue working to diet. Easier to lose weight now, too. I can breathe much more normally now and have better balance."

MJEBS. October 3, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "Taking for blood pressure..white coat hypertension.....usually 180/100 with pulse 104 in doctors office...my anxiety down...bp now usually 114/70 with pulse 70...taking 50mg. Only side effect very tired..hopefully will go away."

Counting12 August 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "I originally started taking Metoprolol 25 mg once a day due to SVTs. they helped calm them down a bit. I also have PVCs and PACs especially when my blood pressure is superhigh. I am now back on this medication and started at 25 mg, within a few months it was up to 50 mg, I recently went up 100mg from my GP, but now my cardiologist up me to 200 mg. I have been only taking 100-150 mg. I break to be 100 mg pill in half and take 50 mg every six hours. My blood pressure went from 197/130 to approx 147/97. I have recently changed my diet dramatically and Inc. swimming and walking as an exercise. 49F, 208lbs. Sedentary life for 5 years. No side effects at all. Take with food though as directed. Causes nausea w/o food for me."

SharynLP July 20, 2016

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "My cardiologist prescribed one half Watson metaprolol succinate 25 to normalize heart rate in Dec. and this is new form for me and is much better product than Mylan metaprolol tartrate I was on before, it caused breathing and chest discomfort and I quit taking it. I don't like taking a beta blocker but Watson product I feel is much better and it can help me control heart rate."

Anonymous June 19, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "Worked well in lowering my blood pressure, pulse rate, even helped some with my anxiety. I've noticed no side effects, which is great because usually I find some reason to dislike drugs I am prescribed to. However I've had no issues with this."

Alex N (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2016

For High Blood Pressure "After having a constant heart rate of 110/20 even when resting, occasional heart palpitations, anxiety, and high blood pressure, I was put on Metoprolol success ER 25 mgs, that I half to 12.5mgs. It's been wonderful! I am so much more relaxed, my heart rate stays around 75 to 80. Blood Pressure stays in a normal range. Love it! I'm female, 47, 5 2` ( 135lbs )"

Lilac lover January 18, 2016

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "Took it for about a month and a half after being diagnosed with SVT. No episodes but had 2-3 episodes of fuzziness/confusion while trying to work. Dr switched me to Diltiazem."

Dawn314 November 22, 2015

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I wanted to add on a couple things to my previous review. Everyone warned me about how tired I was going to be since this medication would literally be slowing my heart down but I've never experienced that. I don't sleep much and have insomnia so that could be why. I also have experienced crazy dreams and I sleep walk from time to time. I've always had dreams and talked in my sleep but I think the medication makes it a little worse especially if you're taking it closer to bed time. I do get a little light headed if I stand up quick and bend down but it's not bad. The benefit I get from this medication outweighs any of these insignificant side effects. I would recommend to push through any side effects and let the medication adapt to you!"

JR44933 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 17, 2015

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I'm a 22 year old Female. (115/5'1) Long story short, I found out I had Tachycardia and experienced palpitations as well. I had extreme anxiety because of it which made it worse. I got prescribed Metoprolol Tartrate twice a day at first and it was a nightmare. It actually had like a reverse reaction on me and gave me constant flutters for a whole day. The doctor told me to take Magnesium twice a day with it and it would help and it definitely did. I eventually switched to the extended release, once a day, along with Magnesium and I couldn't be happier. I feel a lot more relaxed and normal. Had few palps still with Tartrate but not with Succinate (yet). I wanted to wait to write a review because I know I relied on reviews. Hope this helps!"

J4493 November 13, 2015

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Been on this drug for years to slow heart due to atrial fib. Works very well. No complaints."

Hemi13 October 23, 2015

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I was having heart palpitations everyday to the point where it was really scary for me. Sometimes flutters, other times skipped beats and still others I can't explain. Had holter monitor and stress test all came back fine, cardiologist told me nothing to worry about. Gave me this med 25 mg a day 1/2 tab am and 1/2 pm. First week, tightness in my chest felt hard it was hard to breath and it made me extremely sleepy and spacy. Almost stopped taking med but I continued into my 2nd week after my Dr told me to continue side effects would subside. I am so glad I took his advice, it's been 2 months and my palitations have subsided I get a few here and there but not as intense. This was a miracle drug for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure "Worked fine in lowering and stabilizing blood pressure, however I switched off it because of sexual side effects. Fatigue, which is a problem for many, was no problem for me."

captkrash (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 20, 2015

For Mitral Valve Prolapse "I take Metoprolol ER 50mg every day to control my tachycardia from POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) It also 99% eliminated my occasional issues with Mitral Valve Prolapse. I notice no side effects from my dosage."

Miriks (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 3, 2015

"On Metoprolol Succinate 75mg and it has been a miracle drug for my palpitations but, having intermittent chest pain and discomfort very fatigued short of breath affects my thinking and just exhausted."

Seminole TX (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2014

For High Blood Pressure "I needed to take this due to another medication I was taking. Never needed to be on anything else. Very happy with results"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2013

For High Blood Pressure "Only took for 1 week, made me incredibly tired, could not function."

dauna (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2013

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I was prescribed Metoprolol for Atrial Fibrillation and found that I was extremely tired. I began taking it at night, but developed terrible constipation. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, so the constipation was not good for me."

Tiredness and Constipation (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I take 50mg 2x a day for years and it works great for me."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 11, 2012

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "The side effects outweighed any benefits. Extreme fatigue, weight gain, muscle and joint soreness."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 12, 2012

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation "I've been on Flecainide 12 years for A-fib but have recently been have more and more episodes. So my cardiologist also prescribed metoprolol (the smallest dose possible - 1/4 of a 25mg tablet twice daily - due to my being very sensitive to other beta blockers). My blood pressure dropped (wasn't high in the first place) and my heart rate dropped to the mid/low 40's. I was also very light-headed, had low energy, some shortness of breath and sometimes nausea. Discontinued (by doctor) after one week."

Anonymous April 26, 2012

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Benign Essential Tremor "It minimally reduced the tremors. The most startling side effect was the sudden drop in blood pressure after taking the medication for approximately 1 month to a level of 78/36 for no apparent reason."

Anonymous November 6, 2011

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "This by far has been the best medication (beta blocker) that has 100% kept my Atrial Tachycardia under control/and during an episode of A.T. Zero side effects for me at least. I have been on Lopressor for 30 years. I have tried numerous other medications to control my arrhythmia, but Metroprolol is the best. Tried Tenormin, which was okay for a while, but the side effects were too weird --fainting, numbness, cold extremities and I think it did something strange to my thought process."

northernsky61 August 8, 2011

For Supraventricular Tachycardia "I have been on metoprolol for well over a year now and have not had any negative side effects. The only thing I ever experienced was slight tiredness for a few days after having my dose increased."

Anonymous May 16, 2011